Pancakes And Parks

Pancakes And Parks

 

 

Soft white sheets glowed under the bright, warm rays of sunshine. There was a soft silence that filled the room. All that could be heard were the soft breaths of the sleeping man lying on his stomach, body shut off from all that was going on in the awake world.

 

Slowly, as the sun ever so slightly changed positions, the man began to shift.

 

Behind his eyelids, Minseok could see the glare and feel the heat of a warm ray of light. He clenched his eyes tighter and groaned as he lifted his hands to his face to rub the crust from his eyes. He remained in bed however even after waking himself up a bit. His eyes were still closed as he listened to the blissful sound of his family in the kitchen.

 

There was the shrill sound of pots and pans clanging and the sweet smell of pancakes wafting through the air. Minseok couldn’t help the large smile and small laugh that escaped his lips hearing his daughter’s adorable, joy filled voice reverberate through the cozy family home.

 

“Papa! Aewi feed Daddy!”

 

Following Aeri’s sweet song voice was the melodious laughter of his adorable husband who gave Aeri most of her charming features.

 

“Aeri, we need to finish making the food first.”

 

Minseok could hear the smile in his husband’s voice and in his mind he could see the pretty catty grin Jongdae had on his face as he stared at their daughter with the universe in his eyes.

 

Their little flower brought them so much joy and love. She was a bit spoiled yet humble as Jongdae and Minseok made sure their daughter wouldn’t grow up to be snobby and would be a good role model to her peers.

 

Minseok loved Aeri. They chose to name her Aeri because she is the fruit of their love. They love each other so much that they created someone who is both of them combined. Aeri has a balanced amount of looks and personality from both parents. She looks like Jongdae but her personality is just as sweet and mature as Minseok’s.

 

She's perfect.

 

She's theirs.

 

Minseok broke out of his reverie when he heard a high pitched squeal of, "DADDY! WAKE UP! PANCAKE!". The door burst and an adorable ball of blue ran into him and his husband's room, hopping right onto the bed to smother him. He felt Aeri ecstatically jumping on him and laughed before roughly grabbing her into his arms and showering her adorable face in wet kisses and soft munches.

 

Minseok's heart jumped hearing the overwhelming amount of happiness in Aeri's voice. Oh how much he adored his daughter. He then sat up with a strained groan and got out of bed. His feet hit the floor with rough pats and he stood up with Aeri in his arms. He lifted her onto his shoulders and said lovingly,

 

"Let's go meet Papa for breakfast Aeri."

 

Minseok then dashed out of the shared bedroom, down the hall, past the living room and into the kitchen where he lifted Aeri off of his shoulders and tossed her up in the air lightly before setting her down in her designated seat at the table. After making sure Aeri was properly seated in the chair, Minseok walked over to his husband and embraced him from behind, placing a lingering peck on his nape.

 

"Good morning, Love."

 

Minseok felt Jongdae move his hand on top of the one of Minseok's that wrapped around his waist. He then turned around to place a kiss on Minseok's cheek and replied,

 

"Good morning, Dear."

 

Minseok smiled wider and quickly captured Jongdae's lips in his. The kiss was soft and sweet as they closed their eyes in bliss to bask in the mutual love they shared. The mood dampered into a humorous one, however when they heard a loud, "EW," of course coming from their sweet little flower, Aeri who'd covered her eyes to shield them from the atrocity occurring before her pure, innocent eyes.

 

The two men laughed at their beautiful flower before Jongdae placed one more quick peck on Minseok's lips before turning back to grab the plates of food to set them on the table. Minseok grabbed the utensils and syrup and set them around the table as Jongdae went back to grab some cups to pour some milk in for them all.

 

The two's team work never stopped since they'd met at the office Jongdae worked at. They were known for the efficient and quality work they produced on every project they'd worked on together. For that reason, their boss continued to pair them up which resulted in them getting to know each other better since they worked together frequently.

 

It'd be weird if they simply remained strangers from how often they saw one another.

 

Eventually, the two found themselves gravitating towards one another until the tension broke when Minseok pinned him to the wall in his office and heatedly made out with him before taking him to Minseok's apartment where they slept together.

 

The morning after, Minseok had made him breakfast and asked him on a date. Jongdae shyly accepted and they've been together ever since, staying strong even when Minseok had to fulfill military duty. In fact, their relationship grew stronger after his recent enlistment departure.

 

The two sat at the table with Aeri and all of a sudden, as they were eating, she blurted out,

 

"Ah! Aewi 'membew! 's Daddy biwftday!"

 

As a result, Minseok was left in shock as he'd completely forgotten that his birthday was approaching and that today specifically, was said day. Jongdae chuckled however and shook his head. He smiled sweetly and teased Minseok,

 

"I wasn't gonna mention it because I wanted to see how long it would've taken you to remember, but I guess someone was a little too excited."

 

Aeri giggled and squealed as Jongdae softly pinched her cheek, not daring to pinch it hard enough to cause his little flower any harm.

 

Minseok watched from the sideline as his two favorite and most important people loved, laughed, and talked to each other.

 

After finishing, Minseok took the things at the table and went over to the sink to wash them. As he did that, Jongdae helped Aeri out of her chair and somewhere down the hall, probably to her room.

 

Quickly finishing up washing the dishes, Minseok followed the direction Jongdae went and saw Jongdae dressing Aeri up. He was in the middle of putting Aeri's hair in a low bun when Minseok walked in. He smiled at Minseok and sped up the process, picking up a hat from beside himself and helping Aeri get to the floor where she dove into her other father's arms.

 

Jongdae walked over to Minseok and rested his head on Minseok's shoulder, whispering to him with a catty grin,

 

"Go get dressed so we can go outside! I have a surprise for you!"

 

Minseok smiled in turn, tilting his head the slightest bit to press a kiss to his beautiful husband's head for some seconds. Minseok struggled to pull away and head to his room even if he wasn't leaving for a long time. He just couldn't bear to be apart from them.

 

Minseok quickly scrounged through his closet to find thin yet warm clothes that will protect him from the occasional chilly winds, but not overheat him on that warm day with chilly winds. After deciding on a light tan striped jacket over an indigo button up with gray pants, Minseok went to go fix up his hair in the bathroom.

 

As Minseok was finishing styling his hair, leaving it down with a part in the middle, the door opened and in popped his husband who froze, eyes stuck on him. Minseok raised a brow, questioning his husband's reaction.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

His husband however, was still frozen by the door, mouth agape, eyes wide and set on him. Minseok chuckled at his husband's strange actions and called for his attention again.

 

"Jongdae."

 

This time, Jongdae snapped out of his entranced state and flinched before he looked around to regain his focus. His surprised eyes almost made Minseok coo at him. Minseok found that innocent, shy, panicked look absolutely adorable on Jongdae. Jongdae walked further into the bathroom, eyes never straying from Minseok's figure. His husband was extremely handsome.

 

Jongdae probably didn't notice, but Minseok caught that glint of lust in his eyes and knew he'd be taking Jongdae to bed by the end of the day, and not in an innocent way.

 

Minseok smirked and stalked over to Jongdae, grabbing him by the waist and gently pressing him into the wall.

 

"What's wrong, Love?"

 

Minseok leaned closer to Jongdae, stopping right before their lips could touch. Their breaths fanned each other's lips and Jongdae looked weak, as if he'd crumble, but Minseok wouldn't let him fall. He'd breathe life back into his lungs with his kisses.

 

Jongdae's lips quivered before he slipped an arm around Minseok's shoulder and dug his right hand into Minseok's hair to mesh their lips together. Minseok responded just as enthusiastically. Their lips moved against one another, devouring each other slowly yet passionately. Their hearts beat just as fast and hard as they had when they shared their first kiss.

 

Jongdae was the first to pull back with a low moan as he gasped for air and Minseok moved to trail kisses down his neck. Jongdae dragged his nails down Minseok's back, not causing any harm because of the clothes separating them, but that just added more frustration due to the fact that he just wanted to rip Minseok’s clothes off and mark his back with scratches. He let out a pitchy moan and breathlessly said,

 

"You're so-! Hot!"

 

He gasped again as Minseok dove in for yet another kiss. This time, their mouths opened, tongues tangling and pressing against one another. The slick pops and squelches of overproduced saliva being transferred as their tongues continued to mesh together and move against each other, allowing them to taste the unique flavor of the other.

 

As they pulled apart, the desire rushing through their veins, blood pumping, bodies getting hotter, Jongdae’s hand ran down to the top of Minseok’s button, moving to grasp the small button and pop it right back out the hole to unclothe his husband. Their mouths continue to move feverishly against each other until a sweet shout had them snap out of their lustful daze.

 

"Papa! Daddy! Wet's go! Aewi want go!"

 

The two lovers laughed out of breath. They leaned their foreheads against each other and smiled.

 

"I have to go get ready," Jongdae said.

 

"And I have to retouch my hair and smooth out my jacket and shirt again," Minseok teased.

 

Jongdae flushed and whined, burying his face in Minseok's neck.

 

"Ah! You're so embarrassing!"

 

Minseok laughed at Jongdae and pressed a soft kiss to his head.

 

"You're so cute… And y," Minseok purred as he d Jongdae’s cheeks.

 

Jongdae huffed and pushed Minseok away before stalking out the bathroom yelling.

 

Minseok called out to Jongdae,

 

"I love you!"

 

"I LOVE YOU, TOO," came the muffled yet audible reply.

 

 

𝄖 Flower Line Break 𝄖

 

 

The wind blew in timed moments. Every five to ten minutes a gust would blow and brush the small patches of grass and the small seedlings of leaves that were beginning to sprout. The sun was shining high in the sky, small clouds passing by occasionally, but otherwise it was a clear sunny day.

 

It was a beautiful day to be outside, couples taking a stroll in the park, friends and family hanging around together, people walking their dogs. There was excitement for warmer weather in the air.

 

In the midst of all those people, there was a family of three who'd just entered the park and were walking to a more secluded, woodsy area where they could be together without the disturbance of other people around them.

 

Minseok and Jongdae knew how much Aeri loved to go outside, especially when she could be surrounded by nature. She loved Spring, adored the flowers, the leaves, the weather, she was always so hyper during this time of year. That was the exact reason why she had run ahead and called out to her parents so they could catch up to her and make it to their spot faster.

 

"Daddy! Papa! Huwwy!"

 

The two men watched on fondly, as their daughter raced ahead, excited to play and celebrate Minseok's birthday. Their intertwined hands lightly swayed between them as they reached the isolated area they considered their spot.

 

They'd claimed the spot ever since they started dating and went there on their first date. They also got caught making out at the spot once too by an elderly woman who scolded them about PDA and safe . After their first couple fight, Jongdae had run to the spot where Minseok soon found him and they resolved their issues there and cuddled while stargazing after. The spot was a special fixture in their relationship. It was their safe haven.

 

Jongdae rested the picnic basket on the picnic bench and sat down. He watched from the side as Aeri ran around, between trees and in circles. Behind her, Minseok closely followed, yelling, "I'm gonna get you!". This prompted a squeal from Aeri who zoomed behind her Papa's legs for protection.

 

Jongdae laughed and grabbed Aeri with a roar. He lifted her into the air and nuzzled his nose into her stomach. The two screeched as all of a sudden they heard another roar and felt themselves be pulled into a tight embrace.

 

Minseok's hearty laughter filled the soft stillness of the isolated area. The happiness the family radiated shone brightly. If anyone were to pass by, they might compare the glow to that of the sun. The warmth and love filled the empty space and made it comfy and cozy to stay in.

 

Jongdae stopped as he remembered the food they had on the table. He set Aeri down and leaned back up to pat Minseok's face softly. He kissed his husband's cheek and walked over to the picnic table.

 

Pulling out their lunch, Jongdae made to call for Minseok and Aeri, but when he lifted his head up, he flinched in shock as the two were already at the table, staring at him with the same catty eyes, hunger gleaming in them. Jongdae smiled and playfully whined.

 

"Ah, why are you guys like this?"

 

The two simply cheered and began to chant,

 

“Cake! Cake! Cake!”.

 

Jongdae laughed and said,

 

"Food first!".

 

The father and daughter duo groaned and started to whine. Jongdae swore Aeri was more like Minseok than himself most of the time. Still, Jongdae pulled out dishes wrapped in plastic wrap and dining utensils. He lightly tapped the annoyances' heads and pouted, hands perched on his waist.

 

"You guys don't wanna eat the food I made?"

 

Jongdae watched humorously, laughing internally as Minseok's eyes widened and he immediately pulled the plastic wrap off of the dishes and took over serving them all. Before that, he rushed over to Jongdae, wrapped an arm around his waist and kissed his cheek before ushering him to sit down.

 

While Minseok bustled around to serve them all, Jongdae rested his elbows on the table and perched his chin on his hands. The warm smile that overtook his face aimed at his husband who worked hard to satisfy and appease his family. Minseok was a man who was big on family, swearing to protect them till his last breath. That was what he promised them before enlisting. He was so over dramatic. Jongdae said that, but to this day, he still gets emotional over it, having cried the first time Minseok told him that.

 

Finally, Minseok plopped onto the bench with a chirpy, "All done!". That snaps Jongdae out of his thoughts and he looks down to see his full plate in front of him. He smiles at the plate and thanks Minseok for serving them while Minseok and Aeri thank him for the food.

 

They eat speedily in a soft, comfortable silence. Aeri, for once, was surprisingly quiet as she ate compared to her usual neverending story telling at any point in time.

 

Just as Minseok and Jongdae were a few bites away from finishing, Aeri broke her silence.

 

“Aeri want bwow candew Papa! Cake!”

 

Jongdae sputtered and tried to hold back his laughter from his clever little flower’s plan. He finished the food in his mouth and asked her,

 

“Is this why you ate fast? So you can blow out the candles for Daddy’s birthday cake?”.

 

Aeri cheered happily and nodded while clapping.

 

“Yep!”

 

Minseok finally spoke, finishing the last bits of his food. He chuckled and leaned over to Aeri.

 

“Tell you what. If you beat me at hide and seek, I’ll let you blow out the candles.”

 

“Pwomih?”

 

“Promise,” Minseok said and held out a pinky to hook Aeri's, pressing their thumbs together and shaking their hands, sealing the promise.

 

With that, Aeri closed her eyes and began to count while Minseok ran a small ways away to a sturdy tree. All the while, Jongdae stood with Aeri and watched as Minseok scaled the tree. His husband’s fitness, strength, and muscles never failed to entice him. He may have drooled a bit, but he wouldn’t tell his husband that /Minseok knows that well however, but chooses to save his sweet husband the embarrassment the man would harbor/.

 

"Un! Um… Twee! Um… Papa? Wha's aftew twee?"

 

Jongdae laughed.

 

"Four, Sweetheart."

 

"Pour'! Two! Hewe I come!"

 

Jongdae almost cooed at his daughter who'd adorably messed up her entire counting sequence. He highly doubted she'd be able to find Minseok if he didn't steer her in the right direction and give her hints.

 

"Daddy! Whewe you? Aewi can't see you!"

 

Up in the tree, Minseok was laughing as he watched his daughter scuttle about on her stubby legs looking for him. Her bangs fluttered in the wind as she ran about with Jongdae chasing after her, coat flapping in the air like a makeshift cape.

 

"Aeri! Watch where you're going," Jongdae called after her. Aeri continued to run however and let out a yell as she tumbled forward. Jongdae quickly scooped her up and she began sniffling, lips trembling before she started crying.

 

Jongdae sighed and softly wiped the tears from Aeri's face. Nearby, he heard a muffled thud and crunching footsteps nearing him and Aeri. Not even a second later, Minseok hovered beside him to check on Aeri.

 

"Is she hurt? Are you feeling owie, Sweetheart?"

 

Aeri whined and crawled, reaching her hands out, asking to be held by her other parent now. Jongdae handed her over to Minseok who distracted her as Jongdae checked her legs.

 

Thankfully, she didn't have any cuts or marks so she probably just felt a slight pain from the impact of dropping.

 

Jongdae knew just how to make her smile again.

 

"Look, Aeri! You found Daddy so you get to blow candles!”

 

Aeri’s cries soon faded into soft sniffles as she clutched onto Minseok.

 

“Aewi pound Daddy?”

 

Minseok nodded and exclaimed, “Yup,” causing Aeri to smile wide and laugh, clapping her hands, thrilled with the idea of getting to blow out the candles on the cake.

 

“Papa,” Aeri called out to Jongdae, “Aewi pound Daddy! Aewi bwow candew!”.

 

Jongdae cooed at her and praised her as he scuttled around to take out the cake and candles.

 

“Good job, Sweetheart!”

 

In no time, the family of three had sat at the table, Minseok sitting before the cake with Aeri in his lap, Jongdae sitting across from them. The candles burned, wax melting as they began to sing happy birthday. Aeri was bouncing up and down and jumping in to sing parts, sometimes late, but she tried her best which had Jongdae and Minseok faltering in their singing due to their laughter and coos.

 

The second the song ended, Aeri quickly stood up on the bench seat and leaned over the table a bit to blow out the candle. She clapped and squealed once the flames died out and plopped back onto Minseok’s lap.

 

Aeri peered up at Minseok and asked, “Daddy? You make wih? Wha’s you wih?”. Minseok smiled at her and pecked her cheek.

 

“It’s a secret. If you tell someone your wish it won’t come true so keep it a secret, okay?”

 

Aeri nodded, “‘Kay Daddy! ‘Ecwet!”.

 

Minseok lifted Aeri up in the air and nuzzled her tummy causing her to go into a fit of giggles.  Jongdae watched from the table as he cut the cake.

 

As the late afternoon sun shone through the leaves, shrouding light on the father-daughter duo, with the harmonious sound of giggles and squeals filling the previously empty space of the woodsy area, Jongdae couldn’t help but fall in love with Minseok yet again for the nth time.

 

 

𝄖 Flower Line Break 𝄖

 

 

The door to the bathroom opened, steam rolling out in waves. From the open door, Jongdae walked into his and Minseok's shared room.

 

Jongdae saw Minseok sitting up, back resting on the headboard as he scrolled through his social media. He wore his glasses in order to help him not strain his eyes as he was exhausted from reading documents. Thankfully it was a Friday so they had the whole weekend to relax.

 

Jongdae stalked up to the bed and crawled up to the headboard, plopping himself down right next to Minseok. He slipped his legs under the blanket, rubbing Minseok's leg with his foot. Minseok merely gave him a split second glance before refocusing on his phone. Jongdae then leaned closer, laying on Minseok's shoulder. This time, Minseok didn't even spare him a glance.

 

Jongdae then dropped himself right on Minseok's lap, causing Minseok to flail around a bit and panic.

 

"Are you okay?!"

 

Jongdae quickly moved off to Minseok’s side to console him since he was getting worried about Jongdae’s abrupt fall.

 

“I’m okay, Minnie! I just wanted your attention.”

 

Minseok sighed and petted Jongdae’s hair, placing a soft peck on his cheek. Minseok leaned over to put his phone down on the side table before turning back to face Jongdae. He placed his hands on Jongdae’s hips, guiding the man over his lap. Minseok leaned in close to his face and whispered against his lips.

 

“Well? Now you have it.”

 

Minseok admired the slight flush that crept up Jongdae’s cheeks and smirked, ready to some more, when Jongdae quickly dove down to kiss him. Their lips moved together sloppily, open mouth, rough, barely any motion, practically just breathing into each other’s mouths. Jongdae stuck out his tongue, touching the tip of Minseok’s before pulling back, panting heavily.

 

“You seem needy today,” Minseok breathlessly teased, “What brought this on?”.

 

Jongdae whined a low sound in the back of his throat before surging forward again to initiate another kiss. He made quick work of slipping his tongue into Minseok’s mouth, humming contentedly and letting out small moans from the hard, slick feeling of their tongues pressing against each other.

 

Minseok hummed and murmured a low, smooth sounding call of,  “Jongdae.” Jongdae whimpered and his movements grew rougher as if he wanted to devour Minseok’s lips. Minseok moved his hands to cup Jongdae’s face, holding him still as he pulled back, a thick string of saliva breaking and falling onto Jongdae’s chin.

 

Minseok wiped the saliva away with his thumb and softly rubbed Jongdae’s cheekbone with his clean thumb. He pressed a soft kiss to Jongdae’s open, heaving mouth. Jongdae’s lips quivered as he tried to reciprocate the kiss, but his mouth was too tired from the ferocity in which he'd kissed Minseok.

 

“I need- You. Please.”

 

Jongdae clenched Minseok’s shirt in his fist and buried his face in the crook of Minseok’s neck, slowly grinding his hips back and forth on Minseok’s lap. Minseok rubbed Jongdae’s back with one hand and held his waist with the other. Minseok pressed a soft kiss to Jongdae’s ear, relishing in the shiver that racked Jongdae’s needy frame from the small touch.

 

“What do you need me to do, Love? Use your words.”

 

Jongdae moaned and whined, “ me. Love me.” He pulled on Minseok’s shirt and Minseok decided not to anymore because Jongdae was getting to him.

 

Minseok softly turned them over, gently laying Jongdae beneath him as he straddled the heavily aroused man. Jongdae shivered at the dark, heavy look in Minseok’s eyes, feeling his twitch, his hole clench, and his womb pulse when Minseok whispered softly first, “Guess I’ll have to do the chores tomorrow,” before it turned heavy and dominant:


Because you won’t be able to get out of bed tomorrow.

 

 

𝄖 Flower Line Break 𝄖

 

 

The Kim family rested on their sofa, just having finished watching Finding Nemo. Jongdae and Minseok sat back, reclining on their sofa, Aeri had fallen asleep on Minseok’s lap halfway into the movie.

 

The two men had been speaking softly about whatever topic came to mind, but now they sat in silence.

 

Jongdae clenched his fist on his lap and got up, excusing himself to get something from the bedroom.

 

It wasn’t too long after that Jongdae came back, the sight of Minseok playing with Aeri’s hair welcoming him. Jongdae stood at the entryway and cleared his throat to get Minseok’s attention.

 

"Remember that conversation we had about having another baby a few months back?"

 

Minseok smiled softly, "Yeah, but it's okay, don't rush yourself, it'll happen, okay Love?".

 

Jongdae laughed and smiled bashfully.

 

"Well, I wasn't worried, but apparently your stuff is still good despite your age."

 

Minseok pouted and furrowed his eyebrows. "Hey! What do you mean?"

 

Jongdae walked over to Minseok and sat on the couch next to him. Jongdae carefully handed him a small box and said,

 

"It's really late, but happy birthday, Minnie."

 

Minseok was going to refute, but Jongdae just ushered him to open the box so he did. And when he did, he almost burst out into tears and leaped towards Jongdae, but Aeri was asleep on his lap so he had to settle for grabbing Jongdae's face and placing a long, hard peck on his lips.

 

"I love you so much, Jongdae."

 

Jongdae sighed happily in Minseok's sturdy embrace and smiled as he replied softly,

 

"I love you too, Minseok. So much. Thank you for loving me."

 

Minseok hugged him tighter and that was enough for Jongdae as he sat, safely wrapped in his husband's strong arms. Jongdae pecked Minseok’s jaw and smiled at him.

 

“Want pancakes for dinner?”

 

Minseok’s eyes shone as if they held the universe in their depth. He smiled gummily and chirped,

 

“Yeah!”

 

The two felt some movement on the couch and looked down to see Aeri rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

 

“Papa… Pancake pwease.”

 

Minseok and Jongdae laughed before Minseok held Aeri in his arms. The two got up and moved to the kitchen. They couldn’t wait for the next addition to the family.

 

Their little pancake.

 

 

𝄖 Flower Line Break 𝄖