Dara

Left Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My leg is acting up again" I sigh as I walk back home, my limp getting more pronounced with each step I take. I really should see a physiotherapist again. Add that to my mountain list of expenses-I-don't-have-money-to-pay-for.

 

Working as a receptionist--assistant in a small vet clinic in an even smaller village in Busan wasn't exactly ideal for me to pay for all my medication and treatment. Not to mention the loan my uncle and aunt took to pay for my hospital bills. How would I add physiotherapy expenses to that.

 

But it was better than nothing, I guess. Actually it was a much better job than what a college dropout like me could get with my qualifications.

 

Has it been a year already? Time sure seems to have wings.

 

I sigh, something that I seem to do at least a thousand times a day. Thinking about my accident was really not something I enjoyed doing. Well, I really don't remember much about the accident itself. I just remember bits and pieces of it. I woke up six days later in the hospital. The nurse told me I was hit by a car and was brought in bleeding and unconscious in my wedding dress. The day I was supposed to get married. The day I got stood up in the church and got ghosted by my fiance.

 

I guess I was cursed that day.

 

Broken legs, ribs, internal bleeding… Not to mention the constant dizzy and fainting spells due to mild brain injury.

 

Four months. That's how long I stayed in the hospital. I really don't know how those many months just flew by. Well, at least my blurry memories and constant body pain definitely helped me divert my attention from the pain in my heart.

 

It's better to have broken bones than a broken heart I guess.

 

How could that man just break my heart like that? How could he leave me behind… abandon me at the altar?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter