scene #1

Under Your Umbrella (Ai-Ai Gasa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Scene #1

 

I was about to leave the school, later than usual because I got carried away with the drama that I was secretly watching at the library because I didn’t want to go home yet—not with my mom’s visitors there.

 

As I was looking outside through the window, I could see the sky almost looking as if it were almost nighttime with the rain pouring heavily and drops sticking to the other side of the glass. Luckily, I watched the news this morning and brought an umbrella with me.

 

When I walked towards the school building’s exit that was also the entrance, I saw a brown-haired girl standing by the hallway while staring at the umbrella that she was holding.

 

That girl was one of the Japanese transfer students from the other section. It was the first time that I saw her alone ever since the first day of classes, which had been three months since then.

 

I continued walking but I wasn't even aware that my eyes were lingering at her, until she noticed me and showed a little smile. I was taken aback by that, but still returned a smile to avoid being rude. But to my dismay, it was only an awkward smile that I could offer to her.

 

"Who are you waiting here for?"

 

I suddenly asked out of my curiosity, and because I heard her softly sigh when she lowered her head.

 

“I’m waiting for the rain to lift up…"

 

She cautiously answered after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter