You Shouldn't Have Come

The Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! I’m glad you’re finally here!” Shindong was the first to greet him, having been the nearest to the entrance.

The other occupants light up and stood up to exchange either a brief hug or a welcome handshake.

Leetuk’s smile remained on his face. His voice surprisingly steady as he greeted back. His eyes went to Heechul who sat at the farthest end of the table. The man gave him a soft smile and raised his glass as to a toast.

Leetuk greeted and took the seat left empty nearest him.

The talk began as soon as he did so. Occasionally they would die down and ask for his opinion, taking him back to those times when they were trainees, and they would always seek him. Yet, those years have long been behind them. Each busy with their promotions, each busy living their own lives.

Except him.

But they don’t have to know that.

Of course, there were alcohol littered around the table, and each has a glass of their own. Not him, though. Since he has long forbidden himself to take a sip. Yet the temptation was always there. How nice would it be, to get lost in the delusions that the alcohol will provide.  Maybe then he won’t have to think, to be bothered by the fact that he couldn’t sleep without the aid of pills.

“Have the managers contacted you yet?” Hyukjae asked from his right.

Leetuk was pulled out from his thoughts by the question. He gave a shy smile and confessed that he has been lost in his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter