Hate Everything

Hate Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose sat on the balcony of her hotel room, crying in the rain. This wasn't how her second solo American trip was supposed to go. She was supposed to go to America, promote her new song, then return to Korea, where Jennie would be waiting for her.

But that was never going to happen. Not again. Picking up her empty glass, she went back into her hotel room. She put the glass down by the sink and the shower. Once the bathroom was filled up with steam, she stripped out of her wet clothes, dropped them on the floor, and stepped into the shower. The hot water burned her skin, but it couldn't seem to warm her up. She adjusted the temperature and started washing her hair. As she worked the shampoo into a lather, she remember the last time she'd seen Jennie smile. It had been about a week and a half before Rose was supposed to leave for America. That had been the last time things had been good between them. Later that night, Jennie had broken down crying. "I don't feel like you love me as much as I need," she had yelled.

"I'm loving you as much as I can," Rose had protested, tears coming to her eyes.

"It's not enough. I can't do this anymore." Jennie had picked up her purse and left, stopping only briefly at the door to say "I'm sorry."

For the next week, Jennie had avoided Rose's calls. When she finally did answer, it was only to confirm that it really was over. "I've moved on," Jennie had said, "and I suggest you do the same."

Rose didn't realize what "moved on" meant until the night before she left for America. She had gone out for a drink with friends. Without really thinking about it, she went to the bar that had been her and Jennie's favorit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter