[1] - facade.

「 my darker half 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing on top of the wide balcony, Leeteuk stares down at the overwhelming of glittering gold and silver. Glimmering in front of his eyes, the chandelier hung dangerously on a thin string, seeming almost to float in thin air. Slipping on his own mask, he bated his breath as he slipped downstairs to join the noblemen and princesses. 

 

A masquerade ball.

 

His favourite. Everything hidden away underneath a beautiful pretence, he enjoyed the facade he could build up as he waltzed around the room, steps slow then quickening to the swelling of the strings. Bowing towards his partner, he quietly made his way towards the drinks table, slightly tired from all the moving around. accepting a flute of champagne from a nearby waiter, the sweet taste of it bubbling on his tongue. His eyes swept across the room, the familiar jackets and dresses a blur now. He rarely invited new people, instead choosing to remain it’s exclusivity to his own personal circle. The ball’s were to entertain his taste after all, not a show for all to enjoy. 

 

Eyes stopping on a man on the other side of the room, he gave a low chuckle was he observed the latter. The stranger stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the partygoers, his attire a dark red velvet suit, accompanied with black laced glove and an eye-catching diamond necklace resting below his collarbones. His dark orbs reflected the small sparkles underneath his elegantly feathered masked, hair adorned with a single red feather. Unlike all his other guests, the stranger exuded presence, catching his eye halfway across the wide ballroom. Signalling the strings with a wave of his hand, he wove his way through the guests as he approached the masked stranger, hand inviting for a dance. 

 

Orchestra speeding up, Leeteuk spun around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter