Chapter 2

In The Frozen

"Yeah, we made it safe to the cabin. Let Jiu know, will you? I'll call again after a few days." He paused. "Right, talk to you later."

"Is Siyeon your first or last name?

"First."

Yoohyeon inched her way into the room, leaving her safe haven by the door. stepping closer toward him, she reached out her hand. "I'm Yoohyeon. Kim Yoohyeon. It's nice to meet you, Siyeon."

He looked at her hand, then slolwy reached out and took it in his. she was immediately struck by how much larger his hand was and how much warmer. His grip was firm, but in a comforting way, not threatening.

He let go of her hand. she almost whined at the loss of contact. 'Get a grip of yourself, Yoohyeon, ' she thought to herself. 'Just a while ago, you feared for your life because of this stranger, but now you're already being quite clingy.' "You'd better warm up, Your hands are colder than ice cubes, ma'am." He turned and headed for a pantry cupboard across the room, an amused smile adorning his lips, unnoticed by the still slightly panicking girl (this time for a completely different reason) across from him. "I'll make some coffee."

When she did notice him though, it was to admire his broad back and his...
"Have you lived here long?" She asked, trying to distract herself from her intrusve thoughts. Heat flushing her cheeks. 'So not the time, Yoohyeon.'

"You okay? he asked after he had gathered what he needed.

"Y-yes. Sorry, I got a little hot." Slip of the tongue. "Wait, no, I meant---"

"You are." He said under his breath.

"What?" Did she just hear him flirt with her? 

He let out a short hearty laugh. "To answer your question, I don't live here. This is a line shack. Someplace for ranch hands to stay when they're out riding fence or working the herd and it gets too late to go back to the ranch for the night. Or someplace to hole up if the weather turns nasty... like today."

Is she a liitle bit disappointed that he didn't pursue the unconfirmed flirtation? Yes. But is she relieved that he didn't so as to avoid any foreboding mistakes (aka possibly hooking up with a complete stranger... an undeniably attractive one at that)? Definitely, yes.

"Meantime, let's see about getting you some warmer clothes." 'Not that I need more warming up, honestly.' she thought. He brought her a pair of blue jeans and flannel shirt. 

"Thanks."
"I'll get a jacket for you to wear until it warms up in here."

Yoohyeon looked arouund the cabin. The only door was the one they'd come in. "Um, is there somewhere I can change?"

"What you see is what you get."

A strong gust of wind rattled the shutters. Dare she suggest he wait outside?

"You'll keep your back turned, won't you?" She's far from shy but this guy was seriously giving her the nerves but for all the right (?) reasons. 

He saw her blush. "Of course." He bought her the jacket the stood in front of the fireplace to give her some privacy like he definitely didn't notice her Calvin Klein undies peeking from her hips. It was his turn now to feel a bit uneasy.

"I'm going to change now if that's okay." Her voice roused him from the brief imagery. 

"Yes, ma'am. Let me know when you're finished."

She walked to the bunk beds, setting the clothes on top of the mattress. Turning her back to him, she shrugged out of her clothes and put on the jeans. She turned toward the fireplace and her breath caught in . He still had his back turned to her, that wasn't the problem, what disturbed her was the vision he created. Like something out of a fantasy. He had one arm raised and leaning against the mantel, the other rested at his side and held his belt. The red orange tinged light from the fire flickered as it cast its glow over him. His denim-clad legs look much longer and powerful.

She reached her hand to to stop the whistle of appreciation that threatened to escape and got a face full of flannel. "You can turn around now. I'm decent." after the sleeves, she tackled the pant legs. she looked up. He was watching her. While she couldn't interpret his expression, the intensity of his gaze had her wondering if she'd forgotten some article of clothing.

"There's an extra belt at the cupboard." His voice had an extra huskiness to it.

"All right." Yoohyeon easily found the belt. When she turned, Siyeon was stll standing in fron t of the fire, looking too at home, too handsome and way too y.

He took a step forward. "The coffee should be just about ready."

"Coffee." She repeated the word, but it had no meaning at first. Only as he poured the dark brew into the mugs did the fog in her mind clear.

An unsettling thought weaseled its way into her mind. "There's only one room here."

"LIke i said, what you see is what you get. If you're worried about sleeping arrangements, don't be. I'll stay in my own bunk, I don't snore."

Good grief! she hadn't even gotten around to worrying about sleeping arrangements. And she needed to. Once asleep, se would be absolutely, positively at his mercy! 

"Let me add a few more logs there," he said. Yoohyeon moved. Standing to the side, she watched him. He looked right at home, completely in his element,

A yawn escaped her. "Sorry."'
He glanced over his shoulder. "You've had a rough day. Maybe you should turn in."

Okay, Yoohyeon, now's the time to worry about the sleeping arrangements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued. 

anyone still reading this? TT___TT lemme know, much appreciated.