Call Me Jeongyeon

Call Me Jeongyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love you."

 

Mina is used to hearing these exact words from her. It's not as if this is the first time she heard the girl say it. If she would recall correctly, the girl has said this a month after she first got into the university to work as a professor.

 

The first time she heard it, she found herself confused and surprised, and if she were to be real about it, blushing. After all, it's not that often she gets a confession from someone as beautiful as her.

 

The girl is pretty, beyond pretty honestly. Having a master's degree in the English language doesn't even help her in describing just how beautiful the girl is. It's just indescribable. That's it. That's the word, her beauty is indescribable for any found terminology.

 

Mina would be lying if she said she didn't like hearing it, she did, she absolutely did and she hated herself for liking it a little too much. How that childish confession, Mina is sure would pass overtime, made her feel like a schoolgirl giddy at being wanted. 

 

But Mina is no longer a school girl, and though she liked the feeling of being wanted, this undivided attention is actually troublesome for her stature. After all, the girl is her student.

 

"How long do you plan on saying that?" Mina says, feigning disinterest. She doesn't look at the other girl, instead maintains her eyes on the lecture sheet.

 

"When you start believing it." comes the simple reply, voice laced with confidence that has ever been so present from the start.

 

Mina believes it, already did second month into the school year and the confession still came. Tirelessly, and endlessly. Prompting Mina to wonder at times if this persistence would have been better off if it were directed on the girl's studies.

 

"Yoo-san," Mina says her name, her eyes now taking the girl's reflection. "You should worry more about your grades than this."

 

"I rather worry about you, Mina." Jeongyeon says whole heartedly with a lopsided grin. 

 

Mina admires this about the girl, this carefree attitude and that overwhelming glee that Jeongyeon seems to have everytime she sees her. And Mina feels it. How it also rubs off on her, how that cheeky grin somehow makes her dull afternoon a little brighter.

 

"That's Myoui sensei for you."

 

"Hai. Hai. Myoui-sensei." 

 

"It'll pass, Yoo-san."  Mina mutters all of a sudden, catching Jeongyeon's attention. 

 

The student draws a confused reaction, brows knitting at the center as she asks back "What will pass sensei?"

 

"This. Your feelings. It'll pass. You're still young, you'll meet a lot of people and eventually what you're feeling right now will pass. You might not even realize it when it happens."

 

"And what if it doesn't go away?" 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"What if this isn't fleeting sensei? What if I proved to you it's something that won't go away easily? Would you consider dating me then?"

 

And there it is, that unwavering confidence coupled with the self-assured grin, not cocky, but decisive; believing in her young heart that this love is nothing short of real.

 

Mina finds it adorable, young lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter