goodbye.

goodbye.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Holding in his breath, Hyukjae stood at the barren terrace, eyes trained on a man downstairs. Silently, he adjusted his sniper, before staring straight at the laughing man, who was conversing with guests next to the pool. Counting down mentally, his fingers brushed past the black metal to pull the trigger as the bullet made its way towards the clueless man. With a silence woosh, Hyukjae knew his work was done, and quickly packed up, not even sparing a glance at the bleeding man. His job was to assassinate, not emphasise with his victim. Breath cold, he s down the side of the building before reporting back to headquarters.

 

 

—————-

 

Biting his tongue, he hid his tears. Steeling himself, he felt another harsh slap on his face, the skin turning red instantly 

 

‘You’re my best sniper, Hyukjae-ah, yet what do you do? You missed? Are you beginning become lazy? Should I remind you how to behave?’ 

 

Staring at the floor, Hyukjae kept his burning gaze to himself, not wanting to anger the elder anymore. 

 

‘Get yourself together. You may be our best sniper, but you’re not indispensable.’ 

 

Tasting the familiar coppery iron lacing his lips, his eyes crunched together in pain. Groaning slightly, he collected himself before heading towards the door. 

 

[Why did you miss, Hyukjae-ah?]

 

‘I wish I knew as well.......’

 

———————

 

Tugging on his neatly ironed suit, Hyukjae checked his pockets to make sure all his weapons were hidden correctly. There was no more second chances. His client wouldn’t tolerate failure anymore, and he knew that. Everything he did was planned out well, and he had ran every possible scenario in his head. Placing the tiny bluetooth earpiece in, he could hear the feed from inside. Placing on his brightest smile, he stepped into the house, invitation in hand.

 

‘Eunhyuk-si, welcome.’

 

Taking a look around the place, everything looked the same since he last came here. He probably knew the place like the back of his hand, having spent hours memorising the floor plan and blueprint. Taking a flute of champagne for show, he moved around the conversing guests, eyes on the target. Feeling a touch on his shoulder, his reflexes came into play, almost choking whoever the latter was.

 

‘Hey chill! It’s just me.’

 

Growling quietly, Hyukjae turned to face a grinning Heechul, almost wanting to strangle the elder for almost blowing his cover.

 

‘Relax buddy, I’m just here for back up. I’m a supervisor now, you know? I don’t really do missions, but this one is special. Just for you Hyukkie-ah.’

 

Rolling his eyes at the talk, he peered over his shoulder to spot a shy looking Jungsoo awkwardly talking to some random gue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter