Chapter 1

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie, what are you doing here?” Karina looks at the voice who calls her and saw her junior standing near the door.

“Shouldn’t you be outside? It’s your graduation day.” Said the junior as she makes her way inside after closing the door behind her.

“You know I don’t like the crowd, Minjeong. How do you know I’m here?” asked Karina.

“But still, it is your graduation day. You should celebrate it with your friends.” Winter furrowed her eyebrow, “Oh, you know I always know where you are, Unnie.” Winter wink at Karina but Karina narrowed her eyes.

“Okay, fine, Giselle-Unnie told me you’ll be here when I was looking for you.” Winter pouted.

“I have already celebrated it with my family and some of my friends.” Karina said while looking at the scene below from the window, “I just need some time to remember this place as this will be the last time I’m here. I don’t know why, but I already miss this place and I haven’t left yet.” Karina looks around the small room that was once her ‘office’ as a student council president, “I miss working with my juniors on school projects, but mostly miss working with you even when I know you’ll always let me finish the project when it was your job.”

“It was only one time! If only Ms Jung didn’t give me detention, I’d already finished that project!”

“But she wouldn’t give you a detention if you didn’t make trouble with pranking your classmates, Winter.”

“It’s not my fault! They shouldn’t say something stupid about you then.”

“People always say something stupid about me, Winter. You shouldn’t bother yourself with it.”

“I wouldn’t be bothered if they didn’t say it in my face. I know they’re jealous, Unnie. I meant you’re beautiful, smart, athletic, and a good leader, but they shouldn’t say it when I can hear their comments.” Karina blushed a bit when she hears Winter complementing her.

“Well, now you won’t hear anything bad about me since I’m already graduated, and I hope you wouldn’t do anything mischief because you’re our student council president.”

“I still don’t think I’m the right person who can fill your last position, Unnie. I mean, Ningning might do a better job than me.”

“You sell yourself short, Minjeong. You’re a smart, beautiful, athletic, and more importantly, outgoing person, might be a little bit of a troublemaker, but you’re a great choice to fill my position. And it seems all of the students agree with me since you got the job. And so far, you’re doing a great job as a student council president.”

“Do you think so?” asked Winter with a small voice. She still believes she’s not the right person to hold such an important job.

“I do, Minjeong,” Karina assures Winter. Karina knows even with her outgoing personality; Winter sometimes feels insecure with her own talents. 

“So, do you need something from me?” asked Karina and when she saw Winter's confused face, “You told me you’re looking for me earlier.”

“Oh, right, I forgot.” Winter then comes closer to Karina and pull her into a hug. Karina startled a bit, but then she put her own hands around Winter body. Tightening the hold as she put her head between Winter’s shoulder and neck, inhaling her favourite scent.  

“Happy graduation day, Jimin-ah.” Winter whispers,

“Thank you, Mindoongie,” Karina answered with a nickname for her favourite junior and a small peck on her neck. They stay in that position for a while.

“I’ll miss seeing your face every time I came to this room, Jimin-ah,” Winter said as she pulled away slightly from their hug.

Karina, when she finally realizes this will be the last time she saw Winter, suddenly burst into tears. Winter startled as she rarely saw her cool and calm senior cry in front of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter