One

The Fortune Teller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jimin unnie, over here!"

The tall, black-haired girl looked towards the direction where the voice was coming from. A smile made its way to her face as she jogged to meet the other girl halfway with a bone-crashing hug. "Yizhuo, thank goodness you're here!" They released each other a few seconds later, allowing each other to catch their own breaths. "I've been wandering in circles for the past ten minutes!"

"Sorry, unnie. Kind of woke up half an hour after my alarm." Yizhuo laughs sheepishly. "But didn't I tell you to wait for me in the student lounge though?"

 "You did, and I was supposed to wait there, but I didn't know which building to enter into! There are lots of buildings around, and I think I've passed by that tree a hundred times before, this place is huge!" Jimin adds with a spin as her hands spread out to emphasize what she just said.

Yizhuo looks around her. "You're right, unnie. SM university really is in no way similar to the community college we were from." She smiled again. "But isn't it a good thing, though? We'll meet new people! You might even have a crush or fall in love, unnie!"

Jimin laughed as she shook her head. "You know that won't happen, Yizhuo."

"Why not? Who knows, you might even fall in love at first sight with someone." The younger wiggled her brows.

"Now that's even more impossible. I don't believe in those. Besides, it's not my priority."

"Oookay then, unnie. Just sayin'." Yihuo shrugged her shoulders. "What's your priority right now, then?"

"My priority is to figure this place out and know which building our first class is located. We wouldn't want to be late for our first subject, right?" Yizhuo nodded.

"Let's just ask someone." Quickly looking around, she approached a nearby student and flashed her best smile.

"Excuse me, miss. Do you-- " The female student annoyingly looked up from her phone, rolled her eyes, then walked away. Yizhuo was confused, but let it go. She then proceeded to another stranger walking towards their direction. "Hi there! Do you happen to know where the building for senior high students is?"

"Don't talk to me, I'm not a tour guide."Jimin watches as the younger girl's smile turned into a frown. No one dares to treat her best friend, sweet little Yizhuo, like that.


"Hey!" She walked a few steps towards their direction to give the girl a piece of her mind, but Yizhuo already blocked her way.

"Don't bother, unnie." The younger furrowed her brows and looked up at the older girl. "Do you think we'll be okay?"

"Of course!" Jimin forced herself to give out a huge smile, even though deep inside, she was asking herself the same question.

"What if nobody ends up liking us here?"

"I'm sure we'll be okay. It's our first day in this school, but it's also the first day of the school year for everyone else. Maybe that student you approached just had a bad start of a day. Give it time and we'll be able to fully settle in."

Yizhuo nodded. Being smarter than people her age, Yizhuo was accelerated and placed in the same year as Jimin. But it didn't take away the younger girl's fragility and insecurity during times like these. "You're right." The younger girl flashed a grin, which Jimin found a lot better. "I think I'll be fine as long as I have you here with me, Jimin unnie."

"That's the spirit, Yizhuo. Now, come on."

-

After exiting from the third building they've entered, they decided to sit on one of the benches outside. They were already thirty minutes late for their first subject, so both of them decided to give up on it, and proceeded to locate the classroom for their second class. 

"You know unnie, at this rate, we'll be late for our second subject as well. Worst case scenario is that we might even end up missing it too." Yizhuo sighed while staring helplessly on the piece of paper which contained their schedules and designated rooms.

"Then we just have to keep moving and searching, Yizhuo. We'll find our second class soon."

"But just walking to another building takes five to ten minutes, and that's if they're next to each other. We only have thirty more minutes 'til the next class."

"Let's hurry, then." Jimin grabbed Yizhuo's wrist and pulled her to stand along with her. The younger allowed herself to be pulled up, but her feet kept rooted on the ground.

"Yizhuo--"

"Just one last time, unnie." The younger girl pulled away from her grasp, and shyly made her way to another student posting something on the bulletin board outside the building. Jimin sighed, but went after her, ready to fight the student in case the student treats Yizhuo badly once again.

"E-excuse me, miss." The female student turned around and faced Yizhuo. "Do you happen to know where MP 3-B is?" Yizhuo bit her lip, praying that the girl would be at least a tad bit nice enough to actually give her answers this time.

"MP 3-B? Yeah, It stands for Maple Building, which is that building over there." The girl carrying a clipboard pointed to a nearby building and smiled at them. "It's supposed to be my second class." Yizhuo's eyes widened, then faced Jimin.

"Did you hear that, unnie?" 

Jimin nodded.

"Is English your second subject too?"

"Yes!" Yizhuo excitedly answered.

"I can show you guys where it is. That's actually where I'm headed to right now."

"Oh really? Oh my gosh, thank you!!" Jimin had to stop Yizhuo from actually hugging the stranger, no matter how nice she was to them. 

"Thank you so much." Jimin offered a smile. 

"No problem." The stranger smiled back. "Shall we go?"

-

The stranger lead the way to a nearby building, while Jimin and Yizhuo trailed a couple of steps behind.

"We're so lucky to have bumped into her, unnie! Now we don't have to miss our second class anymore. Being absent for our very first class in this university is pretty embarrassing." Yizhuo whispered to Jimin. But apparently, the girl had a different standard for whispering because the stranger in front of them turned around, just as they reached their target building. 

"Did you guys just say 'first class in this university'?" 

"Yeah, why?" Jimin stepped in front of Yizhuo, ready to snap back at what she presumed was going to be a snarky remark.

"Then you guys don't need to worry about being absent or late for any of your classes today. We're actually going to be conducting a freshmen and transferree's orientation today."

"An orientation?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, an orientation. Looks like you guys were so busy that you failed to read the paper I put up in the bulletin board earlier, huh?" The stranger giggled. 

"Ah yeah, we were kind of in a dilemma."

"That must be so hard. Don't worry though, after you attend the orientation, you'll be more familiar with the campus. I actually just went here to ask our professor to sign here, and to excuse me, along with our fellow classmates who will be taking charge or will be attending the orientation."

"I see. Thank you.. uhh..."

"Oh, my bad. I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Uchinaga Aeri. I'm also the student council secretary." The smiling girl extended her hand out.

"My name is Yoo Jimin, nice to meet you." 

"I'm Ning Yizhuo! It's so nice to meet you. You were the first person who was actually nice to us!"  Jimin had to pinch the back of the younger girl's shirt when the latter took too long in shaking Aeri's hand out of gratitude.

Aeri frowned. "I'm sorry you had to experience that. It's sad to say that there really are students who aren't that well-mannered around here. If any of us catches any student behaving like that, we won't let it pass. What more if the vice president witnessed it, I assure you it would've been that student's last time behaving like that. She's even more strict than the president sometimes." She snickered.

"Don't worry though, although there are a lot of students in SM University, I assure you that not everyone behaves like that. There are many nice people too." Aeri smiled. "By the way..." She took a piece of paper from her clipboard and gave it to Jimin. "The meeting will be at the Rosewood building. senior transferees' orientation will be in room 1-B. That's also the same building where we met earlier. You'll discuss the content of the student handbook in the morning, then you'll get toured around the campus for the afternoon session. Too bad I won't be handling you guys, though. I'll be in charge of  the junior transferees in room 1-C. It would've been nice to orient you and show you around myself."

Jimin and Yizhuo frowned. They too, wished Aeri would have been the one to handle them. She was nice, unlike everyone who ignored them earlier that day. 

"Don't worry, girls. I know who'll handle the orientation for the senior transferees, and I assure you she's nice." Aeri stated, as if reading Jimin and Yizhuo's minds. "Since you guys seem like really nice and sweet girls, how about you join our table for lunch later at the cafeteria?"

"Oh, thank you but that's too mu-"

"We'll gladly join your table for lunch!!" Yizhuo intercepted, pinching Jimin's side to keep her quiet.

"That's great. And don't worry about not finding the cafeteria, they'll give each new student a handbook, and there's a map of the school grounds at the last page, so you'll find it without any problem."

Jimin managed to pry Yizhuo's fingers away. "W-won't we be a bother for your other friends who will eat at the same table though? And won't the table become too packed with us added?"

Aeri smiled. "Don't worry, there will only be one other person with me so you guys are free to take up space. And no, I'm sure she won't mind at all." Her gaze shifted from Yizhuo to Jimin before looking at her watch. "Meeting starts at nine, I suggest you guys should head over to your designated room at Rosewood building now. I'll let the professor sign these papers first so we'll be excused. See you at lunch!" 

"Thank you so much, Aeri!" The two girls said in unison before walking back to the previous building.

 

-

 

"Here it is. RW 1-B." Jimin looked back down on the piece of paper Aeri gave them earlier.

Yizhuo's eyes lit up. "Come on, let's get in, unnie. Let's take the-" 

"Hey, watch it!" A boy turned towards the two girls after being bumped into by an excited Yizhuo pulling a nervous Jimin inside the room.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." Yizhuo said softly.

The boy scoffed. "Maybe if you guys were actually looking at where you're heading, you wouldn't be going around bumping into everyone."

Jimin furrowed her brows. "Come on, she said she's sorry. No need for unnecessary remarks like that."

"And who are you to talk to me like that?" The boy eyed her from head to toe, before doing the same to Yizhuo. "Look at the way you both dress. Where did you girls come from, anyway? From the local school dump? You don't belong here."

"Well that's highly disrespectful, don't you think?" All three students froze when another voice entered the scene. The boy turned around.

"Who are you?"

"I think the more fitting question here is who are you?"

"Me? I'm Zhong Chenle." The student said with a smug grin.

"Are you a transferee, mister Zhong?" The girl now brought her hands out from her back to reveal a notebook and a pen.

"Yes." Thinking she wanted his autograph, he walked closer and made a gesture to reach for her pen.

"Well then, do you want me to write you a suspension letter during your first day here, mister Zhong?" Chenle's eyes widened, now realizing what's actually going on.

"I---uh..." The female student seemed to have treated her own question as a rhetorical one, since she clearly wasn't waiting for the boy to give her an answer, instead scribbling away in her mini notebook. "No, no please..." The previously tough and smug-looking new student now looked small and very vulnerable. 

"Wait!" All three pairs of eyes landed on Jimin, including the girl scribbling in her notebook just seconds ago. "No need to do that, it's okay."

"But he demeaned you."

"Yeah but, all I want is for him to apologize to Yizhuo." And a smack at the back of the head from me, maybe. But of course, Jimin didn't say that.  "We don't want to cause any more trouble." 

Silence.

"Well, mister Zhong?" The female student's gaze piercing through his eyes.

"S-sorry."

"I don't think I should be the one you're saying that to."

The boy slowly turned around, his arms stiff on his sides. "S-sorry, Yizhuo-ssi." He bowed his head, before slowly turning to look at the female stanger.

"To the other girl too."

"Sorry, m-miss..." He bowed once more to a surprised Jimin.

"Alright then, this is the first and only time I'm letting you off the hook, mister Zhong Chenle. If I happen to catch you behaving inappropriately once more, note that you won't be getting just one week of suspension for being caught for the second time."

"I understand." He bowed, more deeply this time, sweat making its way down the side of his face.

"As soon as you receive the student handbook, I suggest you immediately turn to page thirty-four and read. Get going." The boy wasted no time in entering the room, with the stranger's stoic eyes following his back until he disappeared when her view was blocked by the wall. "And as for you two..." 

The two transferees unconsciously gulped and straightened their backs upon being subjected to the female stranger's eye contact. The latter looked back and forth at the two of them, before slowly forming a smile for the first time since Jimin and Yizhuo saw her. "You can enter your designated room and settle down now. After settling that issue for seven minutes, the orientation is about to start in about three minutes. Don't forget to register for attendance and get a copy of the student's handbook before taking your seats." She said before turning around and walking away, leaving a very confused pair of best friends behind.

"Woah... she handled that so well, unnie. Who is she?"

Jimin watched the stranger's retreating figure. The latter's smile embedded in her mind.

"Unnie?"

Jimin blinked rapidly, shaking her thoughts. 

"Uhh... I don't know either."

"Oh, we better head in! The room is getting packed." The two students registered their names, received their handbooks, then settled in a couple of adjacent empty seats in the fourth to the last row, before anyone could beat them to it. 

"We forgot to thank her, unnie. I hope we could meet her again soon." Yizhuo pouted.

"Yeah, I hope we could meet her again soon. We didn't even get her name." The front door suddenly opened, silencing the murmurs that filled the entire room just a few seconds ago. A blonde female student walked inside, stopping in front of the podium facing the room full of transferees. Jimin's mouth slowly opened, as the realization sunk in.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Kim Minjeong, the vice president of the student council. It will be my pleasure to preside today's senior transferees' orientation." Minjeong trailed her eyes over the room full of students. "So before anything else, senior transferees..." Her eyes stopped as they met Jimin's, locking gazes with her as the recognition settles in. And for the second time since Jimin saw the blonde, the latter smiled.

"...Welcome to SM University!"

 

-

 

To say that the cafeteria is crowded is an understatement. It was already packed with students, even though Jimin and Yizhuo literally dashed out of the room after locating the cafeteria in the school handbook's map.

"Wow, look at this crowd." Jimin uttered as soon as they finished ordering. "What if Aeri changed her mind and bailed on us?"

"You're getting ahead of yourself, unnie. Aeri won't do that, she's nice!" The shorter girl squinted as she slowly scanned the room from left to right. "Unnie, unnie..." Yizhuo nudged Jimin with her elbow, as both of them had their hands occupied holding their lunch trays. "Is that Aeri over there? I forgot to wear my contacts since I was in a hurry this morning." Jimin turned her head towards the direction where Yizhuo currently had her eyes on, and indeed, it was Aeri occupying one of the tables while waving her two hands above her head, inviting them to come over. After confirming to the younger girl, they carefully made way towards her, not wanting to bump into anyone and cause trouble again.

"Hi guys! Thanks for accepting my offer. I was worried you'd change your minds." Aeri said as the two other girls set their lunch trays down and sat beside each other, across from Aeri.

"Not at all! We should thank you. It was Jimin unnie here who was actually worried you'd change your mind and bail on us."

"And you really had to tell her??" Jimin looked beside her in disbelief, causing laughter to erupt from the two other girls. 

"Are you a two thousand-liner, Aeri?" Yizhuo asked, totally ignoring the girl beside her. The girl opposite her nodded. "Oh, then I must call you unnie too then!"

"Oh, sure, I don't mind." It earned her a smile, and Yizhuo, being satisfied with meeting a new unnie, finally started to grab her utensils.

"By the way, Aeri..." Jimin spoke up this time. "You said there was another person sitting with you during lunch, right?"

"Ah, yeah. She should be here about-" Aeri craned her head above Jimin's head. "Oh, there she is! Took her long enough." Just on cue, another voice came up from behind her.

"Hi, I'm sorry I'm late. I had to return a wallet left behind in the room to its owner. Glad I caught up with her before she started her engine." The girl set her lunch tray down in a hurry, taking her seat beside Aeri and across from Jimin. "Hey guys, you must be the one Aeri texted me abou--" She stopped as a couple of familiar faces filled her vision.

"Oh my gosh..." Yizhuo stopped chewing and looked at the girl who just arrived. "... the vice president!!" Jimin squeezed Yizhuo's thigh as an indirect way of saying 'Keep your voice down, Ning Yizhuo!' 

"Yes, she was actually the one I was referring to earlier, when I said I knew who would be handling you senior transferees. And you're correct, Yizhuo, she is the vice president." Aeri stated with pride, while ruffling her seatmate's hair, much to the latter's protest. 

"So... you guys already know me but I'll introduce myself anyway." She laughed. "My name is Kim Minjeong, also a senior. You're... Yizhuo, right?" The blonde extended her hand towards the girl who happily shook her hand back.

"Yes, I'm Ning Yizhuo!" She shot Jimin a look which said 'Oh my gosh, unnie! She remembered my name!!', and Jimin shot her a glare which said 'Ning Yizhuo, you're so embarrassing!'  "Thank you so much for saving us a while back!!"  

"Why, what happened?" Aeri asked in curiosity.

"Just another senior transferee who thinks he's all that and way above others just because he came from a luxurious school." She turned her head back to face Yizhuo. "Oh, we'll be wearing our uniforms starting tomorrow so you guys won't have to worry about what others might say about the way you dress." Minjeong now diverted her attention to the black-haired woman in front of her, Her hand suspended in mid-air. "And you are...?"

"Jimin. Yoo Jimin." She said as she slowly took Minjeong's hand in hers and shook it.

"Jimin..." Her name rolled out of Minjeong's tongue so naturally. The blonde stared at her for a few seconds more. "It's nice to finally put a name to that gorgeous face." Jimin retreated her hand in shock as Minjeong then broke out into a beautiful teeth- showing smile for the first time since she met her, and Jimin had to admit to herself that it was the most beautiful smile she has ever seen.

"Alright, now that we got the introductions out of the way, let's dig in!" Aeri announced before she clinked her utensils and dove into her plate of food.

 

-

 

"This is Mahogany building. This is where most social sciences classes are held." Minjeong pointed as they walked past a large building. The senior transferees were lined-up behind her, as they spent the whole afternoon touring around the massive campus. Jimin and Yizhuo take mental notes and try their best to remember as many names and locations as possible, while constantly checking their printed schedule to see if they'll be conducting some of their classes there.

"And last, but not the least... the SM Garden." Jaws hung low as they all took in the wonderful sight before them. "This is our last stop for today, you're free to spend the rest of the afternoon as you wish. Just don't forget that tomorrow is the formal start of classes, and so we're all required to wear our school uniforms. That's it, and thank you for being patient and cooperative today." She ended it by clapping her hands, which was then followed by everyone else. 

Most of the transferees left almost immediately, wanting to get home as soon as possible. Some chose to roam around and explore on their own, while some, like Jimin and Yizhuo, chose to stay in the garden to admire the flowers and to snap a few pictures.

"Lift your chin up a little, Yizhuo. There you go!"

"Thanks, unnie! Let's take one more right there with the university mascot statue!" Yizhuo excitedly pulled Jimin to stand in front of the tall bear mascot made of marble. The latter took the former's phone and held it up, trying to fit the mascot together with them in the frame.

"Do you need some help with that?" A smiling blonde girl made her way towards the duo. She held her hand out, offering to take the photo for them. Concluding that there was no way they'd be able to accomplish it on their own, they willingly gave the phone to her. The blonde took a couple of steps back, while the two transferees smiled.

"Here."

"Thank you so much, Minjeong!" Yizhuo immediately looked at the photo taken, and grinned when it turned out great. "Look unnie! We're so cute!" Jimin leaned towards her and nodded in agreement. 

"Oh, unnie... I'm all out of water. I'm gonna go grab some. Do you wanna come? or do you wanna stay here in the garden?"

"I think I'll stay here for a while." 

"Alright, I'll get you a bottle too. I'll be quick!" She shouted the last sentence as she jogged away.

Jimin turned to her side, taking a few steps, when her eyes lit up as she saw a bunch of carnations growing on one side of the garden. She hurriedly went towards the flowers and crouched, taking a closer look at the details of each and every flower. 

*click* 

Startled by the sound of a shutter, Jimin quickly turned her head beside her. Minjeong was there, with a camera that Jimin didn't even notice was hanging around her neck all this time. Seeing how flustered the other girl was through the camera lens, Minjeong pulled the camera away from her face.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I startled you. I was just taking some pictures as part of the student council's documentation for today's orientation, and how the students are enjoying the school campus so far. I hope you don't mind?" The blonde flashed a shy smile, silently conveying an apology.

Jimin stood up. "Oh... it's okay. I was just surprised." 

"In that case, can I take another picture?"

"O-of me?" 

"Yes."

Jimin placed her hand on the trunk of the tree beside her. "Umm... sure. What do you want me to do?"

"Wait..." Minjeong tilted her head. "Just there is fine." She then went to the other side of the tree, where she could still see Jimin through its thin branches and autumn leaves.

The latter discreetly brushed her hair, suddenly self-conscious with her appearance. She was sure her hair looked like a mess, and she must have been glistening with sweat from all the walking they did this afternoon. Jimin wanted to ask for a minute to at least fix herself, or to make herself look presentable for the camera, but Minjeong already took a couple of steps closer, bringing the camera up, clearly wasting no time.

"Don't turn your head, but  please look directly at the camera." The blonde bent down at Jimin's ten-o'clock. 

Jimin did as instructed, staring straight at the lens.

"Alright, please hold it for a few seconds." Minjeong brought her face away from the camera, then looked up the sky. "Anytime now..." She mumbled to herself. Minjeong waited until the huge cloud she has been observing earlier finally moved past the sun, letting the sunlight glaze over the earth, over the trees, and what little it couldn't block- on Jimin's face.

She brought the camera back up to her face, zooming on Jimin a little, then pressed the shutter.

"Perfect." Minjeong brought the camera down and did a thumbs up. "Thank you, Jimin." She turned around and was about to walk away when-

"Minjeong!" The blonde girl halted and turned back towards her.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." Jimin watches as the other girl's eyebrows furrowed  in confusion.

"For what?" 

"For standing up for Yizhuo and I earlier. I wasn't able to thank you properly for that."

"Oh, no need to thank me. It was part of my job. I hope your first day here didn't completely get ruined by that incident. And I also hope you guys would enjoy your stay in this university. Classes formally start tomorrow, so yeah."

"Speaking of classes... I heard the professors here are terrors. How true is that?"

Minjeong giggled. "Well, there are strict professors, of course. Some of them give surprise quizzes almost every meeting, or shut their students out when they're late. But they're not all that bad. Some professors are chill too, and will let you get away with chewing a candy even when they clearly saw you. Don't believe all rumors you hear. Besides, you're new so you can still use the transferee card. It's highly probable it'll get accepted." Minjeong laughed.

"Ah... I see. Okay, thanks." Jimin brought her hands up to her left elbow, unsure of what to say next.

Minjeong glanced to Jimin's right, then smiled. "I believe that's Yizhuo I see running back here holding a water bottle in each hand. If my calculations are correct, and if she doesn't change her speed, she'll be here in about five seconds. I'll take that as my cue to leave." Minjeong took a couple of steps backwards while waving at a once again flustered Jimin, before completely turning around and walking away. Jimin started counting in her head.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

F--

"Unnie, I got your water! Sorry I took a while, the line was a bit long." Yizhuo said in between her breaths as she gave Jimin her water bottle. They both opened their  bottles and drank, with Yizhuo taking big gulps, and Jimin taking a few sips before continuously drinking to quench their parched throats.

"By the way... that was Minjeong, right? The one who just left?"

"Yeah, it was Minjeong." She resumed drinking, hoping Yizhuo would let the conversation end at that, but of course she didn't. 

"I saw the two of you talking to each other. Did something happen while I was gone?"

"Nothing much. I just thanked her for what she did earlier." 

"And?" 

"And she said it was no problem, that it was her job, and that she hopes we'd enjoy our stay here.

"That's all?"

And she took a couple of pictures of me for the student council's documentation. But of course, Jimin didn't say that.

"Yeah, that's all."

Yizhuo stared into her eyes, slowly turning the cap back into place. She smiled. "Okay. Are you ready to go?"

Jimin tossed her bottle to the nearest trash bin. When she looked up, her eyes automatically landed on the blonde a short distance away, now taking pictures of a group of three students with the same mascot they took a picture with earlier. She nodded. "Let's go home."

 

-

 

"I told you to set your alarm at five-thirty, Ning. Not at six-thirty!" Jimin and Yizhuo were running on the concrete, heading towards the building of their first class. Jimin ended up waiting for Yizhuo for another hour in excess of their scheduled meet-up time in front of the school gate.

"I swear I set it at five-thirty, unnie. But I guess I was too sleepy that I accidentally pointed the hour hand to six." Yizhuo said between breaths as she struggled to catch up with Jimin's long legs.

"I can't believe we're gonna be late for the first class again." They were getting tired, but slowing down wasn't an option. P 3-C. Jimin muttered a silent curse. Why did their first subject have to be located on the third floor?

"You're getting ahead of yourself again, unnie. We still have one minute. Maybe the professor is late too, who knows?" 

The taller girl suddenly remembered the conversation she had with Minjeong the day prior. She hopes the professor for their first subject will be one of the chill types. Just as they turned the corner, a man in his mid-forties wearing a long coat entered room 3-C, beating them by a couple of seconds. Jimin almost bumped into his back, but thanks to her fast reflexes, she was able to grab the doorframe with her hands, effectively using them as break. Poor Yizhuo, however, wasn't as fast, and ended up squashing her face against Jimin's nape.

Because of the noise of the impact and commotion behind him, the professor turned around and narrowed his eyes as he looked back and forth between the two girls who were both internally freaking out. 

Please be the kind who'll let me get away with chewing a candy. 

"G-good Morning, sir. I'm sorry we're late." Jimin smiled, praying it didn't look more like a grimace than an actual smile. "We're uhh..." God, please work. "We're transferees."

"Did you say 'transferees'?" The profe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter