Prologue

Save You to Save Me

 

*

  – Yena! How many times do I have to come here just to wake you up? – an old woman in her late fifties said with visible annoyance in her voice.

 All the while a young woman, probably in her early twenties, was lazily scratching her cheek while slowly sitting up on her cheap bed.

 – Yena, you’re not a child anymore so sure to wake up by yourself. Also Saku-chan asked for you, I think you’ll have a task. – After saying this the lady left the room, leaving Yena all by herself.

 – Ugh, I just came back yesterday and they already want to get rid of me… Well, it’s not like I have any other options so I have to go down. – Yena said, getting up from bed and going to the door, grabbing her leather jacket along the way.

 On the way down everyone kept on greeting her to which she only answered with a curt nod.

 After she successfully entered an old room, she was greeted by four other figures.

 – You’re late, like always. – calmly said a young woman that looked a little older than Yena.

 – I don’t understand why we always have to come here on time when we know that she’ll be late, Kkura-unnie! – angrily said a girl with a little scar above her lips.

 – Calm down, Chae, it’s Yena so we shouldn’t be surprised anymore. – A girl, who was quietly sitting on the sofa in the center of the room, said.

 – Yeah, calm down Chaewon-unnie, it’s not the first time after all. – cheerfully said a tall girl that radiated happy energy with just one smile.

 – Since we all are here I think we should start with the meeting. – a girl, Kkura, said and the others quietly gathered at the center of the room.

 

*

Minju, your father would like to see you for tomorrow's dinner with Sons. – a woman, dressed in black simple dress with a delicate white apron said. Minju heaved a sigh and calmly nodded, before leaving to her room.

 – Minju! – a person screamed at her as soon as she went inside.

 Minju jumped in surprise but calmed down after seeing her best friend.

 – Yuri, I told you that you can’t just enter my room! What if someone notices you? – Minju said in a whisper, afraid that someone would hear them.

 – Sorry, just wanted to see you before I have to leave for three years. – Yuri said with a tone of sadness in her voice, which Minju noticed.

It was her best friend after all, they knew each other more than they knew themselves. 

After that, both girls kept on talking until late night when Yuri suddenly said that she has to go.

 – Minmin, promise me that you will try to get out of here before your father can go on with his plan. – Yuri said while going to the gates where her cousin waited.

 – I will try to do anything I can to get out of here and find you, I promise, Yul.Well, I think it’s time to say goodbye for now but me and Eunbi will wait for you. – Yuri said and hugged her friend and soon after her cousin hugged them both, while ruffling their hair.

 – We will wait for you kiddo. – a young woman, Eunbi, said with affection in her voice.

 And just like that they left, leaving Minju all alone.

 – I need to get out of here as soon as possible. – Minju said with determination in her eyes, before turning around and going back to her room.

 

*

At the same time, in the empire's catacombs a gathering was happening.

If you wonder who those people are, then sit comfortably since you are here for a long story.

It all started when the last Emperor ascended the throne. But it wasn’t your usual way when the father gives his throne to his child. This Emperor took the throne by force. 

That night a lot of good souls were taken away and the biggest tragedy was of course old Emperor’s death. 

After that night everything changed and there wasn’t even a trace left from that glorious Empire anymore. 

But new Emperor made a little mistake that night when he let the last child from old Emperor run away. He thought that this little girl won’t be able to do anything but he was wrong. 

And now in the center of this gathering you can see a beautiful young lady with a stoic expression. 

Her name was Lee Chaeyeon and she was personal guard of the last imperial family member Jang Wonyoung. 

On both her side here standing her loyal soldiers Nako and Hitomi. They were just orphan kids when they first met Chaeyeon but this is a story for another day. 

Right now the gathering was held by people who were somehow related to the old Emperor and they were planning to arrange a revolution against the new Emperor and give the throne back to its full-fledged member.

 

While Chaeyeon was at the meeting with Nako and Hitomi, Wonyoung was left alone in their little cabin where they were hiding. 

Wonyoung was at the veranda just quietly watching stars and thinking what will the future bring them and did she really made the right decision by agreeing to this revolution.

 

 

 

****

Henlo henlo! Rein is here and i'm glad to present to you some yenjoo crumbs! Would be glad to get some feedback about the story so far and maybe even share your ideas on what you think will happen in the future. As a new author I'm kind of nerveous to post my au but yolo. Anyways that was it for prologue and first chapter will be out soon hopefully. See you in the next one