One Piece

Nerd-ED

“One more episode!”

 

Minatozaki Sana says battling her sleepiness.

 

She yawns as loud as she can stretching her arms as high as they could go.

 

After a couple of stretches.

 

“Yosh! Ikozo!”

 

She hits the play button on her remote ~

 

She starts singing the opening of the song that she knew at heart and when it ended, she shouts the tag line together with the main character.

 

“Kaizoku ou ni ore wa naru”

 

She nods convinced that she lives for this anime.

 

Her ever-so-favorite anime!

 

ONE PIECE! (Insert One Piece Tone if in case you are familiar with it!)

 

Sana is a certified OTAKU!

 

 

 

AFTER WATCHING UNTIL MORNING

Ring .. ring.. ring...

 

Minatozaki Sana searches for her phone.

 

She once again drowns from reruns of One Piece episodes. Yes, she has watched it more than 

36 times each episode.

 

“He~”

 

“Sana chan it is mom,”

 

Sana groggily moans to acknowledge that she is talking with her mom.

 

“Are you still in bed? My gosh, it is already, 2PM, please tell me you were just napping and you did not watch a hundred episodes of that anime you were watching it since you were a kid!”

 

She reprimands her daughter.

 

Sana will definitely defend herself if her mother stops talking.

 

“Anyway, I got your schedule from Momo, and she mentioned that you are free tonight like so FREE, that is why I scheduled a blind date for you! You need to meet people than just stay inside your flat every weekend and watch reruns of that Pirate Story!”

 

“It’s One Piece,” Sana says in a whisper.

 

She is pretty sure her mom will not stop talking just to confirm that.

 

“You should start dating now you know, I heard that Momo is dating someone already, it is the right time for that because you know, I am not getting younger, I want to see little Sana!”

 

Sana’s mom tattles like there is no tomorrow.

 

“Mom, I don’t ~”

 

“Before you say NO, please be reminded that your collection is in the house that I own! And I can do some cleaning especially to the space that I don’t use! Turn it into a painting studio or a Yoga room or anything” She says with an evil tone.

 

“MOM! That is not fair! You cannot do anything on those valuable things!!”

 

Sana knows how to stand for herself when it comes to her valuable collection. She has everything, name it, manga, DVDs, Posters, Mugs, caps, shirts, miniatures, even life-sized ones.

 

“Don’t you know how expensive those things will cost in the time it will become a treasure, cause those are rare items!”

 

Sana immediately wakes up.

 

“I don’t care about those items, but the only thing that you could do to prevent me from throwing those things is to show up on that date! OR else, goodbye to those things!”

 

“Mom!”

 

Before Sana can protest more her mother hangs up.

 

Sana wiggles her whole body on the bed with all the frustrations.

 

She hates it when her mother just decides what she should do.

 

Sana looks at her ceiling.

 

She is ready to cry but then she sees the poster of the whole crew taped on her ceiling.

 

She just sighs.

 

“I guess it can’t be helped,”

 

 

 

 

DATE NIGHT

 

“Beep”

 

“Ugh! Voicemail again?! Momo, this is Sana your sworn Best Friend and now turned into your greatest enemy! How could you do this to me?” Minatozaki Sana, plea over the phone.

 

It sounds like she is about to cry.

 

“How could you give my schedule to my mother who now happened to set me up on a blind date? Did you know that she set me up with someone who has an Electra complex? Like she never stops talking about her DAD! Like LITERALLY!!”

 

Sana sighs. She walks back and forth in the corridor sneaking some glances at her date who is busy looking talking to her dad over the phone.

 

Their eyes meet and they smiled at each other. Sana smiles hiding her irritation.

 

“How could she do this to me? How could the two of you do this to me? You both know that I cannot do relationships, I tried a couple of times but it didn’t work! And worst is that she told me that if I don’t go out dating she will throw my manga collection? Like does she know how important those things are? They are rare like totally” Sana drabbles her frustrations.

 

“How could she push me into marriage? She knows I am still committed.”

 

She asks dramatically. Though her mother just told her to go on a blind date.

 

“Luffy hasn’t become the pirate king yet, Zoro isn’t the best swordsman yet, Nami hasn’t created a map of the whole world yet, Ussop proclaimed that he isn’t a brave warrior yet, Sanji hasn’t seen the All blue yet, Chopper has not become the world’s greatest doctor yet, Robin hasn’t discovered the void century yet, Franky hasn’t sailed the whole world yet using the thousand sunny, and Brook hasn’t seen Laboom again!”

 

She tattles endlessly on the voicemail.

 

She was in her own world until she heard a giggle from the wall. She must be crazy, how could the wall giggle?

 

It is a wall OR NOT.

 

Rather, it is a very amused lady leaning on the wall.

 

Sana looks at her for a long moment; she does not know if she will be embarrassed because of all the things she is tattling about or because she just revealed to the Wall OR NOT that she is an OTAKU.

 

Yes, 100% One Piece Otaku OR just a crazy girl, because not everyone will know about ONE PIECE. (Insert the tone again)

 

Rather than saying something the WALL OR NOT woman just smiled at her rather interested in something.

 

Then she walks away from the stunned Sana.

 

Sana could not mutter a word because she is just shocked at her own behavior.

 

She hits her head with her palm.

 

How can she have embarrassed herself again? Not that it matters because she does not know who that person is. But she takes a deep breath and ~

 

“How long was she standing there?”

 

Sana shakes her head; she just drops the voicemail rant that she is leaving for Momo.

 

She needs to save her dignity or it will be high school all over again!

 

Sana walks back to their table. She is looking around to see if people start the judgement again.

 

To her relief, everyone seems busy minding their own business.

 

“Was that work?” Her date asks her.

 

“It was ~”

 

She was cut off before she could even finish her sentence.

 

“I knew it, have I told you that I work for my Dad? We own an exclusive school for boys, cause you know we need to teach little guys to be good Daddies like my Daddy, who is a good Daddy,”

 

Her date tattles. She opens to say more but before she can Daddy talks more.

 

“Sana,”

 

A warm angelic voice calls the protagonist’s name.

 

Sana and her date lookup.

 

The two of them look shocked. None of them recognize the woman who is wearing a very elegant suit.

 

It could be a great wall décor.

 

And, Sana had that AHA moment, because it is the girl by the wall who giggled from her rumbling. Yes, the WALL OR NOT.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Sana asks out of impulse recognizing her, a person who she met minutes ago.

 

“I just finished a meeting about you know, stuff,”

 

The WALL OR NOT points her eyeballs to the date. It is as if she is planning to interrupt their date for Sana’s sake.

 

“Excuse me? Do you know each other?” Sana’s date asks.

 

Sana opens but she does not know what to say. Should she lie with the stranger?

Or, should she just say YES, they do, and end her misery?

 

 

Of course, Sana is a very righteous person!

 

She will never...

 

Miss this opportunity!

 

“Of course, we do!”

 

The stranger smiles.

 

“I am Mina,”

 

She looks at Sana from eye to eye to introduce herself but soon she extends her hand to Sana’s date to pretend she is introducing herself to the date.

 

“Hi, nice meeting you,” The date receives Mina’s hand.

 

“How did you know each other?” She follows up.

 

“We were ~” Sana is about to say something when.

 

“We were lovers, she was the love of my life, or, still the love of my life.” Mina blurts one in the most romantic way possible.

 

Sana blushes.

 

She feels her whole-body tingling.

 

And the lovable eyes of Mina staring at her are not helping.

 

She tries her best to avoid those tantalizing eyes.

 

“Wait, the love of your life? I mean, that’s deep,” The date feels awkward.

 

“Yeah, it was, but then we drifted apart, but I think it is destiny, we met in the most unexpected way possible,”

 

Mina is really charismatic.

 

The way she looks at Sana is so believable.

 

“Wait, are you two on a date or something?”

 

Mina acts innocent and surprised at what she just shared.

 

Then pretends that she did not mean to say any of the words she just said.

 

“We were, but I don’t like being in between something like this, my daddy told me to give up soon as it is hard, cause you know Daddy ain’t letting me get hurt, so, I guess it was nice meeting both of you and goodbye!” She stands up from her chair and left.

 

Sana and Mina follow her with their eyes.

 

And when they secured that she is no longer in the vicinity.

 

The two have a very different reaction.

 

Mina bursts out in laughter.

 

And, Sana just has a WTH face displayed.

 

“What just happened?”

 

“You’re welcome,” Mina answers confidently.

 

Sana looks at her in disbelief.

 

Mina just smiles at Sana.

 

Sana just shakes her head and ended up smiling.

 

“Thank you,”

 

“Do you know that there is nothing free in this world?”

 

Mina says biting her lips looking at Sana’s chest.

 

“YAH! I’m not going to give up my ity to someone who rescues me from a terrible date!” Sana immediately hugs her own body to cover her chest.

 

“What? You’re a __”

 

Mina’s smile becomes wider knowing the information she does not intend to find out.

 

Yet, it was a breath of fresh air.

 

Sana mentally spanks herself how can she be this naïve?

 

Mina smiles seeing the blush on Sana’s cheeks.

 

Indeed, the OTAKU is embarrassed.

 

Mina seems to not be able to stop herself from smiling.

 

“Wow, you’re so adorable,” She says to Sana in amusement.

 

Sana rolls her eyes.

 

“I was not hoping for you to pay me with your body, maybe we could start with you buying me a drink and touring me around because I am new here,”

 

Mina calms herself from smiling.

 

She would normally make a volant comment to her preys but she could not fathom herself in doing so.

 

Not to this weirdo who serves as entertainment to her.

 

Sana looks at Mina from head to toe.

 

Mina is dressed up so well, Sana thought.

 

“A drink, I will be buying you a drink for getting rid of Ms. Electra Complex, but that’s it, no tour or anything, you will have your drink and I will go home and have a date night with my TV”

 

Sana says smartly.

 

Mina gives her a y smile.

 

She did the same thing to Sana. She looks at her from toe to her eyes.

 

Smoldering could be the right word on how she looks at Sana.

 

She then shakes her head.

 

“How about I buy us drinks, and you’ll be my company tonight, and make it as lively as now,” Mina proposes.

 

Sana glares suspiciously.

 

But, if there is one thing that Momo, her sworn best friend would describe Sana.

 

Is that she is too gullible; a beggar could ask her money for a sick mother and Sana would give her wallet to that person with teary eyes.

 

That is why there is no way she can read through Mina’s intentions.

 

Sana pouts.

 

Mina shakes her head.

 

She puts her two hands up acting like she is surrendering to Sana.


She is.

 

Mentally at least.

 

Somehow the thought of Sana under her sheets has been aborted.

 

“Just drinks in this restaurant, no funny business or anything like that,”

 

Mina invites warmly.

 

Sana sighs.

 

“Fine, just one glass!”

 

Sana says.

 

Mina smiles with a certain fascination and raises her hand to call the waiter.

 

Their drinks arrive.

 

Sana immediately took her drink.

 

She is ready to gulp all of it but Mina seems to read through her intentions and pulls the glass away from Sana.

 

Sana glares at her.

 

Mina stops herself from smiling.

 

The person standing in front of her is so predictable but the way she reacts is beyond Mina’s imagination.

 

“Not so fast, keep me company,”

 

Sana blows air from .

 

She acts distressed.

 

Mina looks at her with so much adore.

 

“Do you always want to ditch your dates that bad?”

 

Asks Mina to start a conversation.

 

“I don’t normally go on dates, okay? I don’t normally go out at all.”

 

Sana comments rolling her eyes.

 

“Why would a beautiful girl like you decide not to go on dates? You must have a number of admirers,”

 

Mina complements her.

 

Sana shakes her head.

 

“Most people avoid me, they say I am childish and nonsense because of the choices my hobby,”

 

“Hobbies?”

 

Mina clarifies.

 

“People around my age would be disgusted by me you know, they say I am a creep liking some anime,”

 

“Otaku desu ne,”

 

Mina says in Japanese.

 

“So, you are also from Japan?”

 

Sana asks in Japanese using her Kansai dialect.

 

“Yes, Yes, that is why I knew of One Piece, actually,”

 

Mina explains.

 

She is addressing the knowledge she has acquired from eavesdropping on Sana’s phone call earlier.

 

“Are you also a fan?”

 

Sana excitedly asks with her eyes turning into stars.

 

One Piece will always be an interesting topic for her.

 

“Not a fan as much as you I think, but it’s very popular, right?”

 

“Yes! Yes! It is! It is one of the best Shonen Jump manga, it has more than 1000 chapters which is so rare for a manga, and then the character design is just so amazing and the idea as well it is such a masterpiece….”

 

Sana continues to talk with her amusement about the anime.

 

Mina is just smiling listening to Sana about One Piece.

 

She may not understand most of the things that Sana is talking about but it is such a joy for Mina to listen to Sana.

 

And to see her facial expression.

 

It has been a long time since Mina has ever felt this way.

 

Amused.

 

Interested.

 

Fascinated.

 

To someone.

 

Mina would just normally go to bars, pick up girls to put on her tally.

 

But Sana, there is something about her that is so different.

 

And Mina is enjoying it.

 

Mina smiles again.

 

“Have you been listening?”

 

Sana asks pouting.

 

“Urgh, I did it again, didn’t I?”

 

Sana asks.

 

“Did what?”

 

“Bore you because of my Otakuness” Sana sigh in distress.

 

“It’s not ~”

 

Mina did not continue to speak anymore because Sana straights up drink her wine and stand up from her chair.

 

“I think I have paid for that thing that you did already, I stayed for a drink! Thank you! Bye”

 

Sana says walking out.

 

Mina is in shock.

 

What just happened?

 

Mina leaves cash on the bar table and she immediately followed Sana but what are the odds that she would miss Sana’s lift and she needs to wait for another lift to come?

 

Apparently, a lot.

 

When Mina reaches the ground floor Sana is nowhere to be found.

 

There is not even a shoe left for Mina to have a clue about the Sana that she just met.

 

“How convenient for me to not get her last name?”

 

Mina shakes her head.

 

 

 

MONDAY

 

“Good morning!”

 

Sana looks upon the person who greeted her, she rolls her eyes.

 

“Are we really enemies now? Cause I can pass this frappe with sprinkles to someone else,”

 

Momo shows what is in her hand to Sana.

 

“It has an extra whip, and coffee jelly on it, hmm, I think someone likes it but since I am being ignored, I will give it to…”

 

Momo is looking at Sana who is now captivated by the special coffee treat.

 

“You ignored my calls and told my mom about my schedule, what kind of friend are you?”

 

Sana grabs the coffee before it could be given to someone else.

 

Momo smiles.

 

“I’m sorry okay? You know how pushy your mom is, and for the record, she threatened me as well with your collection, and you know I don’t talk about those because you get berserk,”

 

Momo explains.

 

Sana and Momo are best of friends since they came to South Korea together. They were on the same plane ride. Then same classes and since then they knew that they should call each other best friends!

 

“It’s fine, I know you could have been blackmailed as well.”

 

Sana says sipping the treat that Momo gave her.

 

“I will not ask about how it went, judging by the messages you left on my phone, I knew it was just a night of the disaster,” Momo says confidently.

 

“Tell me about it,” Sana attests to what Momo said.

 

“Well, I am so happy that we are so back to being best friends, now I need to do some coding for the transition to this acquisition,”

 

Momo thinks for a moment.

 

“That could be a great poem!”

 

Momo praises herself.

 

“Are you excited about meeting the new CEO?”

 

Kim Dahyun asks enthusiastically.

 

“If he is better than our old boss who let us do everything while he sits in his office counting money, yes I am ready for this change,”

 

Park Jihyo butts in.

 

“You know you are talking about your Grandfather, right?”

 

Momo says to Jihyo.

 

“Yeah, that is why I can talk to him like that,”

 

Jihyo winks.

 

“But to go back on the CEO topic, it is actually a she not a he, and she is the owner of TwiceBook,”

 

Dahyun says informatively.

 

“Yay for women on top!”

 

Jihyo says smiling.

 

“She is actually Japanese, you two, so maybe you can talk to her about remote working, just to change the scenery,”

 

Dahyun adds before leaving them.

 

She would always quickly talk about small gossips and disappear when the things that she wants to say has been said.

 

That is Dahyun for you.

 

Jihyo leaves as well to go to her desk.

 

“laters,” Momo says before going back to her desk

 

It is a big day for them as their company is going to be acquired by the number one internet company in Asia, the TwiceBook.

 

 

NOT SO LATER THAT DAY

 

All of the employees are gathered inside the conference room for the announcement of their new boss.

 

The owner and CTO of TwiceBook.

 

“Great, everyone is here, your new CEO, Myoui Mina,”

 

The previous owner who is now, stepping down from his position introduced Mina in disinterest.

 

Mina enters the room wearing a black expensive suit.

 

She offers a sly smile to everyone.

 

She looks like a billion-dollar.

 

“Hello, I’m Myoui Mina,”

 

Most of the employees drop their jaw figuratively and literally.

 

Mina just has an aura that no one can resist.

 

She gazes at everyone until her eyes landed on where she would want to.

 

To Sana.

 

Mina smiles in amusement.

 

What are the odds?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

 

It has been too long.

I am writing this fic in a somehow interactive manner.

You guys can help me decide in some details that may be happening in this story.

Not sure if you will be up for it or what but here it goes...

 

Firsts of many decisions that you may need to make is that other than Misana/2Na

Who are the other ships that you wish to see in this fic?