Chapter 1

Transcendence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was very much in distress.

Hunched over the hard plastic waiting chair, he clenched and unclenched his fist in anxiety for the past few hours.

All his life, overshadowed by his older brother, he had done his best to live diligently and avoid trouble.

And now he’s done it. For the first time in his twenty-eight years of honest life, he just had to go and run someone over - just one step away from being a murderer. He could easily get his parents to make this all go away quietly but of course, it didn’t help that he just had to have a small fallout with them just today. As much an he really was, his conscience would not let this pass like that anyways.

Ugh. What was that girl doing in the middle of nowhere past midnight anyway?

No matter how many times he replayed the scene in his mind, it just didn’t make sense. He was driving home from a chill get-together with the boys at one of Baekhyun’s villas in the woods, just a little off Seoul. Sure, he was speeding just a little above the limit and maybe had two glasses of whisky too much but he was sure the girl appeared out of nowhere and anyone in the same situation would not have been able to avoid hitting her - what with her suddenly running into the middle of the deserted road at 1 am. Just where did she come from?

Sehun thought she must be attempting to commit suicide. Quite successfully at that. There was no other plausible reason why someone would run into the roads in the mountains like that. There was literally nothing around but the forest.

But then it was odd. Recounting to the time when he rushed to the hospital. The girl was a bloody mess in her intricate lacey white dress - a stark contrast to his sleek black leather car seat (that Ferrari should be taken to the shop for a deep clean, or maybe even a possible exorcism ritual, he begrudgingly thought). She mumbled repetitively for someone to not leave her before slipping to complete unconsciousness.

“Don’t leave... Please...” he remembered the faint soft voice.

Sure didn’t sound like someone who wanted to die.

Something just didn’t add up.

“Sehun-ah,” a voice called out to him, breaking his line of thoughts.

It was his driver, uncle Lee.

“Did you found out anything?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter