Kang Seulgi

Your Lie in April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is already spring. Cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. The sweet scent of spring air and the mumbling noises of the students, asking about their winter break, laughing, and even screaming at the top of their lungs, happy to see their peers once again. These are just some of the scenarios we can see around the campus. 

Despite the buzzing noise of the students around the campus, one radiates this melancholic aura inside a room that no one can dare to enter. Wind gushing in through the windows, a sorrowful yet beautiful notes surround the whole room. Fingers dancing gracefully like a ballerina runs through the black and white keys of the piano.

"Why won'tyou play it a little more seriously?! I mean loook at me. Tears are running down from my eyes. What a sad piece. A REALLY SAD ONE"

A voice of a young man suddenly interrupted the beautiful melody inside the room. Who is it if you asked? It's Sehun. Kirin High's star basketball player. Well, he's on a break and is currently bothering his childhood bestfriend/crush Kang Seulgi. 

"Well, I'm not really playing it." The cat-eyed woman replied, eyes focued on the music sheet and continued to play the piano. Seulgi was a child prodigy. A piano prodigy to be exact. By the age of 9, Seulgi already won a lot of medals and trophies from various competions. Locally and internationally. She was at the top of her game but she suddenly got lost from the spotlight. No one really knew behind the reason for it. It was really a lost.

Sehun stood up and stood beside Seulgi, he tried to look at the music sheet but didn't undestand a single thing from it. 'How can she just casually read it like it's just a bunch of ABC's?' Sehun thought. Well, that is Seulgi's talent. With her young age, she is known to be "the human metronome". Every note, every beat, she doesn't miss anything.

"Then if you are not playing it, then what are you exactly doing?"

"A part-time job. Someone commisioned me to transcribe a pop song to sheet music. I'm just checking the final draft before giving it to my client."

"But you can still play it like you really mean it."

The room is suddenly filled with silence. Seulgi blanky staring at the music sheet with a questionable look in her eyes. 'Can I still really play it?' She asked to herslf before looking up to the tall guy beside her, who is now squinting his eyes, trying to look closer at the music score, counting how many notes he can see. "I don't play the piano anymore." Seulgi answered and resumed in reviewing the final draft. Sehun just looked at Seulgi with a judging look in his eyes.

"But you are playing it.."

Seulgi just shruged off what Sehun just said and continued to what she was doing. It was a peaceful afternoon for her but not until her bestfriend suddenly showed up in the middle of her reviewing the score. "By the way, what are you doing here? You have a basketball practice right?"

Before Sehun can answer her question, the door suddenly swung open wide, spitting out another friend of theirs, roaring like a tiger, breaking the peaceful aura of the room, soaking wet, and complaining to how hot it is."IT'S BURNING HOT OUTSIDE!!!"

"It's only April but it's already scorching hot!" Bogum complained, stomping his way in inside the room and plopped down onto the floor. "This place really is a heaven!" Bogum exclaimed and patted down the floor like it's a puppy.

"This is not your club breakroom. What are you doing here?" Seulgi plainly asked which made Bogum propped up his body and sat on the floor. "Are you in a bad mood?" He worriedly asked. "OH! Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter