Wendy Knew (final)

Criminal

Wendy knew…

 

The way this unreal being walked projected confidence Wendy had never seen in another person. Her eyes were filled with a charismatic mix of mischief and elegance. Wendy didn't know what to do as those eyes made its way to hers. 

Trapped under her piercing gaze, she felt a tingle down her spine. She was paralized. Wendy tried to look away but those eyes made it impossible, she swore she was in a trance. It felt as if a spell was casted on her.

 

This woman looked like she belonged with the divine. Gracefully strutting, hair dark as night, breathtaking features and an unmistakable allure Wendy couldn't fathom. Something about her screamed excellence. 

 

Being the observer she was known to be, (and not being able to peel her eyes off of this magnificent being) Wendy knew.

 

She was surprised by the woman's power to draw attention while successfully walking away with no one noticing her bag looking a little bigger walking out of the bank. Her smirk told (whoever was paying attention) that she was getting away with something but since Wendy felt paralized to the bone, all she could do was stare as this ethereal beauty passed by.

 

After the woman exits Wendy slips out of her daze, but the spell didn’t seem to fade away when she felt this overbearing need to find the other woman. She opened the door with more force than was necessary as she fled towards the side of the building. 

 

What she didn't expect was the woman waiting for her.

 

Wendys not sure how everything happened. Joy (the woman's name) was charming. The way she talked, the way she expressed herself with her delicate hands, the way she was able to persuade her...she was manipulative in the best way. She knew if Wendy resisted her, her body wouldn't. It didn't take long for Wendy's body to react on its own accord. The slightest touch sent Wendy's mind into overdrive. 

 

Wendy forgot when she stopped denying and started giving in.

 

Wendy really thought her mind was going. Months passed and she could not remember when Joy's toothbrush made it to her place. She couldn't remember the life she had before Joy's scent was on her bedsheets. She couldn't remember her past because Joy felt like it was impossible to live without her. 

They got high off of each other. Drunk off of every kiss, intoxicated with every touch and ecstatic everytime they didn't get caught in public or with money. 

 

After so many highs, naturally, the lows followed. Wendy knew the day would come. The day Joy would leave. She was clear about it before but Wendy still couldn't control her body when it came to her. She couldn't control the craving. Couldn't control the heartbreak. 

 

Joy left a note on the nightstand along with her scent on the pillow Wendy hugged trying to seek comfort as she read.

 

"Love, it seems that the day I dread for the longest time is upon us. You know I love you but I could never ask more from you than what you gave. I could never ask you to endure a life on the run. You gave me hope for a better life, a life where settling down is the best option, not a forced option while hiding.

 

With a heavy heart I leave because I have reason to believe they have found me, but I refuse to move on from you. Maybe in a different life we could be together for longer. 

Surely I'll be thinking about you. Just like you used to think you couldn't control your body before, I can't control my mind. I can't stop thinking of you, even if I tried. If we cross paths again, I'll be sure to show you how much I love you if you let me. 

 

Until I can say hello to the beautiful woman reading this, this is goodbye."

 

In retrospect she always knew it would hurt; a life with Joy aka Sooyoung Park (as it read on the news) could only bring so much good. Joy, the mastermind that stole from 6 banks and counting stole thousands upon thousands of dollars yet she would always say that her most prized possession was Wendys heart.

Wendy knew that because of her dark past she had no option but to be on the run again.

 

Wendy knew that no matter how she viewed Joy in her amazing light, to the rest of the world she was a lowelife; pure scum.

 

Wendy knew...she was a criminal.