Final

Tooth Fairy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two pairs of eyes are looking up to the signboard as they stand in front of the building.

 

Dental clinic

 

He swallows his saliva, hard.

 

"No, I can't do this. Never" He shakes his head and about to walk away but a hand grabs his collar from behind.

 

"Where do you want to go? The clinic is this way"

 

"Yah! Let me go Yuri!"

 

"I will. After you get your treatment. Come on, your appointment is today. Don't make the doctor wait"

 

"Can we schedule it for another day? I just remember I need to send my report to the chief today" Taeyeon gives an excuse.

 

"I will tell the chief that you have an important appointment. Now let's get in" Yuri pushed him into the clinic.

 

"Oho! How dare you! I'm your senior. I have the right to decide when I will get the treatment!"

 

"Dae, dae, sunbaenim. I get it" Yuri rolled his eyes, ignoring the protest from the older guy

 

...

 

"Oh, you're here too, detective Kwon" Sunmi greets him with a bright smile behind the counter.

 

"Hi Sunmi" He returns the smile. "Just want to make sure detective Kim won't run away" He points to the sulking guy at his back.

 

"Ah, I see" She let out a small giggle before her eyes focusing on the screen computer, looking for Taeyeon's name. "Detective Kim's appointment is at 1 p.m. for wisdom teeth extraction. You come right on time, detective Kim. Doctor Hwang is waiting for you" Sunmi walks out from behind the counter, asking Taeyeon to follow her.

 

Yuri just let out a wide grin, telling Taeyeon to enjoy, and receives a dead glare from the sulking guy.

 

*knock* *knock*

 

"Doctor Hwang, the patient is here"

 

"Come in!"

 

Sunmi opens the door and meets with Doctor Hwang's back who was looking at the x-ray film before she turns around at them.

 

"You're here, detective Kim" She let out a sweet smile but Taeyeon just replies with a slight bow as he is nervous. His heart is beating faster as it would explode soon.

 

He never likes to visit the dental clinic. Being here is like a hell for him especially right now when in 5 minutes from now, he will have his wisdom teeth being pulled out from his mouth and he really ing hates it! If Yuri did not force him to come here, he would never be at this hell place.

 

"Have a seat please" Doctor Hwang points at the dental chair while wearing her surgical mask. Taeyeon slowly approaches the chair and sits. Doctor Hwang adjusted the chair level and the light position above him to his mouth.

 

"Don't be nervous, okay? Stay comfortable and relax. This will be done soon" She says in a nice tone.

 

Are you kidding me?! How can I relax in this situation?!

 

"Is-is it hurt a lot?..." Taeyeon asks, not able to hide his nervousness.

 

And she just smiles behind the mask. "Nope, you won't feel anything when I pull out the teeth. Don't worry, I'll make sure I do it in a gentle way" She takes a mouth mirror and checks the condition of his teeth. "Good, I will start the procedure now"

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened when suddenly doctor Hwang takes a big syringe.

 

"W-wait! hold on! hold on!"

 

The doctor looks at him, lifting her eyebrows. "Why?"

 

"Why is the needle so big?!"

 

"It's normal size, detective Kim. I'm going to apply anaesthesia on your gum so you wouldn't feel pain later" She holds the syringe closer to him.

 

"AH!" Taeyeon's screaming.

 

"Wae? Wae?"

 

"It hurts!"

 

"But I'm not starting yet!"

 

"That's it. I'm not gonna do this. I'm out" Taeyeon is about to rise but the doctor holds his shoulder, preventing him from rising.

 

"No, you can't. This needs to be done today since you've postponed it for two weeks already. Stay still, detective Kim. It won't take too long. I'll give a sedative to calm you down"

 

Sunmi holds herself from laughing at the scaredy-cat detective quickly prepares for it when doctor Hwang tells her to.

 

"No no no! I don't want any sedatives. I don't want to do this! I want to go home! Yuriiiiii!!!"

 

Outside the room

 

Yuri’s humming in peace while reading a magazine, pretending not to hear anything.

 

45 minutes later...

 

"All done!" She put down the equipment and smiled in satisfaction.

 

The chair slowly rises as Taeyeon is looking lifeless and has drained all his energy after all his teeth being pulled out. His mouth feels so numb and full of gauze. His cheeks started swollen and he was not able to say or hear anything what the doctor was saying as if his soul already left his body.

 

"After this, I will give a shot"

 

As soon as he heard the word 'shot', Taeyeon let out a silent cry, feeling regret coming here.

 

Omma... My life is so doomed

 

....

 

Yuri stands in front of Taeyeon's door apartment. "I've told the chief already that you're going to take two days off so rest well, sunbaenim" Yuri grinned wider as he looked at his best friend who still looks lifeless with ice packs pressed on his swollen cheek.

 

Yuri handed him a plastic bag. "I bought you another ice pack and ice cream. Are you sure you don't want to eat anything? I could buy it for you quick"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter