A Day With A Stranger - KJI

Him And Her - EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Airport - 

 

 

"Passport? check. Tickets? check. Luggage? check and I being fed up with this? Double check." You grumbled under your breath and looked at your dad with a grumpy look who was busy conversing with your mom to notice it.

 

 

"Alright, this is the last time we are asking for this favor, okay?" Your dad spoke noticing your expression while taking the hold of your luggage as you walked beside him to the check-in section.

 

 

"Gosh, Why I do I have to go? You know I'm scared of planes!" You whined and he massaged his temple before looking at you with a comforting smile. "Y/n, it's gonna be alright. We wouldn't have forced you if we were able to go."

 

 

Before you could reply, the unfamiliar robotic voice erupted announcing your flight number.

 

 

"It's time for you to go." He uttered out smiling softly and you sighed instantly engulfing him in a hug. "Pray for my safety."

 

 

He laughed the back of your head. "You're not going on a war, Y/n."

 

 

You pulled away rolling your eyes. "That's what I'm feeling right now."

 

 

"Come on, Wonder girl. It's just a day." He chuckled and you gave him a look at the name before giggling back eventually.

 

 

You bid your goodbye to your dad and walked inside the check-in section before getting on the plane.

 

 

                       ________________

 

 

With a heavy heart you took a deep sigh before walking inside to your seat which you spotted by the window and tucked your luggage in. As you sat down on your seat, you fisted your hands and closed your eyes while praying for your safety.

 

 

In that moment, you felt some shuffling beside you and then a weigh beside you indicating that a passenger sat down. You scooted over a little to the window and opened your eyes to see the person was a man around your age.

 

 

He was dressed in black button down and had a tan skin which looked good on him while he was going through his phone.

 

 

You averted your eyes before he could catch you and that's when the announcement was made of plane taking off with you panicking inside.

 

 

"Oh My God!" You whisper-yelled to yourself as you felt the plane move a bit. "I shouldn't have come! I should have refused! Y/n, you are done for! I haven't even been to Switzerland yet!"

 

 

With your nonsense blabbing, you stopped as you felt a strong gaze on you as you looked at your side to see the young stranger staring at you with poker face.

 

 

You chuckled awkwardly. "Um, first time, you know..."

 

 

He just nodded slowly still plastering the same look and you looked ahead before the plane began to take off causing you close your eyes. "Oh God! Please let me land safely and I will surely help mom with the house chores, I swear."

 

 

You huffed feeling the gaze again. "Can you stop staring at me like that, mister?"

 

 

"No."

 

 

You flinched by his deep voice and shot your eyes at him and he was already staring at you with his expressionless face before he leaned towards you a little making you lean back in reflex.

 

 

"Are you afraid that this plane might crash and this would be your first and last time here?" He paused as his corner of lips turned up in a little smirk. "Then believe me, you are really done for, Miss."

 

 

You gulped staring at him with a horror look as the man infront of you was really giving you the creepy movie vibes.

 

 

"What kind of man are you? Instead of assuring her, you're scaring her more."

 

 

A middle-aged man spoke beside your seat in the middle row and you unconsciously nodded while the young stranger looked at him and then ahead.

 

 

"If you're scared that much, why do you get on the plane?" He questioned out taking a sip of his juice and you scoffed. "Excuse me? I am not here because I wanted to!"

 

 

"My parents passport got expired and now I have to go there on their behalf so it's not my fault." You huffed glaring at him and he just nodded. "Yeah, yeah, you were being seated here on a gun point, right?"

 

 

"How mean can you be?!" You exclaimed while feeling yourself leaning back against the seat but too annoyed at the young stranger to notice it.

 

 

He gave you a boring look. "What? Am I wrong? You could've just refused."

 

 

"It's not that easy, okay?" You paused to change your position as you faced him. "It's a wedding. My cousins wedding and that too close one so I didn't see any reason to refuse. By the way, you don't even knew me so stop with those judgy opinions of yours."

 

 

He looked behind your shoulder for a brief second and looked back at you as he nodded. "You're right."

 

 

You nodded back as he faced ahead while you looked outside and got surprised to see the clouds. That's when you realized, the plane had taken off and you were floating in the middle before you looked at him who was talking to the hostess.

 

 

As the hostess walked away, you cleared your throat to get his attention which you did as he looked at you questionly and you frowned. "Um... Did you.. Like did it on purpose? Like to distract me?"

 

 

He stared at you for a moment and tilted his head. "What do you think?"

 

 

You bit your lip. "I think you were trying to distract me."

 

 

"Then think that way." He replied as he looked at the hostess and took the blanket from her before wrapping it around him. 

 

 

You gave him a confused face. "Aren't you a little weird?"

 

 

"Maybe." He shrugged and closed his eyes with his head leaning back while you rolled your eyes before plugging your earbuds as you both gave eachother the sign of not wanting to converse more.

 

 

 

                         _____________

 

 

Half an hour passed, you felt yourself shaking and interrupting your peaceful sleep as you shot eyes opened to get the shock of your life to realize that the plane itself was shaking. Your eyes enlarged as you sat up straight holding both sides of your armrests and looked at the young stranger still sleeping soundly while the people were being chaotic.

 

 

You panicked and instantly shook his shoulder where he groaned opening his one eye to look at you before waking up fully as he sat up straight yawning. "What's happening?"

 

 

You let out a shaky breath. "Can't.. Can't you tell? We're going to die! I knew it! That's why I don't travel in planes!"

 

 

He looked around nonchalantly, not even a slightest look of panic was shown on his face. "Chill, it's going to be okay."

 

 

You stared at him incredulously. "You look like you have been survived in a lot of crashes! And why would you jinx it!"

 

 

He placed his hand over yours gently and you looked at him in surprise where he sighed. "I actually have been in these situations."

 

 

You huffed. "And here I thought you would say something comforting!"

 

 

You didn't bother to remove his hand as it was giving you the feeling of someone being with you and comforting you nor he did. As he looked around watching the hostesses trying to calm down the passengers and saw the middle-aged man weeping making him frown until he turned to you only to get startle to see the same sight.

 

 

Tears were streaming down your cheeks with your lips leaving sobs silently as you were missing your family. "I haven't even met my celebrity crush and I am dying already! Mom! Dad!"

 

 

Before he could say anything, the announcement was made where the passengers went silent for a moment. The current engine was in a breaking line which is why the plan was shaking but since it was close to another city, it was going to land there for a bit till the new engine is fitted.

 

 

Sighs of relief could be heard from the passengers including you two and that's how you realized that he, himself was frightened but didn't show it. Noticing your hands, you slowly tried to pull away which he felt as he looked at you and removed his hand over yours while looking away.

 

 

Soon, the plane landed safely and all the passengers were out and strolling around the airport. You went to the sitting area with your luggage and called your parents about the situation where you saw that young stranger also talking on the phone.

 

 

The head hostess came to your sitting area and informed that the new engine is being replaced where it could take time from 10 to 12 hours since there are other flights to take off.

 

 

You sighed holding the handle of your lugging before placing your chin on your hands while looking around to see the passengers getting up and going out. As you opened your phone to pass your time, you felt a presence over you suddenly and looked up to see the young stranger.

 

 

"Oh, hi?" You looked at him confusingly and he cleared his throat before looking around nervously then back to you. "So.. What are you gonna do? I mean.. Are you going to stay here all day?"

 

 

You frowned thinking. "Um, not that I want to but I'm not really familiar with this city so..."

 

 

He nodded before his lips nervously. "I am... So do you want to.. tour around?"

 

 

You stared at him surprised which made him even more nervous as he rubbed his nap before you squinted your eyes at him. "Good suggestion.. But can I trust you?"

 

 

"Good question." He shot back raising his brows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter