Chapter 2

After all these years...
  • URGHHHHH! - A loud scream came out of your room. - Why? - Your voice clearly shown the frustration. 

  • Maths? - Seo Joon asked your brother. He knows way too well that maths is your weakness. Nothing could frustrate you this much. In Woo just nodded agreeing.

Seo Joon walked into your room, gently knocked on the door. - Do you need help? He picked up your notebook, focusing on the math problem, and sat down next to you while grabbing a pencil. 

  • Here, it should be like this. - Seo Joon gently explained it to you step by step. He asked if you understood it after each and patiently went through it over if you needed. Your eyes couldn't blink, they were set on his face rather than the notebook. You followed what he was mounting, but not a single word came through your ear. - POP! Yah, Na Y/N focus! - He tapped the pencil on your forehead, making you startled. Your cheeks went rosy but you could not let him know that. 

  • I could be your tutor if you want. Just one day a week, I could manage. - Your eyes were widened in shock, knowing how busy he was with everything going on in his life. 

  • But you’re so busy I don't want to bother you. 

  • One time a week should be fine. I could manage. How about Saturday? So Saturday every week, 2 PM? Okay, all set. I will see you on Saturday then. - Seo Joon left you in shock. You still could not process what just happened. 

------

Haejin tapped your head. - Yah. Did he say that? So now he is tutoring you in math? Yah. Na Y/N daebak. Yahhhhh- She screamed with excitement in the middle of the coffee shop, so loud that you had to cover .  

  • Could you please lower your voice? - You playfully punched her. Haejin has been your best friend since 6th grade. She totally knew about your fat crush on Seo Joon and somewhat is more excited for you than yourself. - I am starting tomorrow. But I could tell this will be a disaster. I can’t focus on what he says...

  • …. cos you are too busy dreaming about having his kids. - Haejin teased you while laughing like crazy and slapping her thigh. 

  • Ewwww no…… you ….. no - Your cheeks grew red like a tomato. 

  • But don't you think he is way too busy for this? There must be something going on here. I don't think he would do that for anyone? - Haejin rubbed her chins in curiosity. She is definitely overthinking this, Seo Joon was being nice j because of In Woo. You couldn't help but wonder yourself, or you hoped what Haejin said had been true. 

-------

Saturday is finally here. You walked around impatiently… and a bit anxious. You couldn't wait for Seo Joon to come but at the same time, you couldn’t wrap your mind around the fact that you would spend more time with him… alone. 

  • Yah. Wasseo? I thought you were busy? Why are you coming at this hour? - You heard In Woo talking to Seo Joon outside making you even more anxious- What? Tutoring? By you? Since when?

  • If you were doing a good job of being a brother do you think I would have to be here? Yah. She just needs some help with math. Stop being a drama queen. Seo Joon ignored your brother and walked straight to your room. - I’m here, should we start? Yah Na In Woo. Get me some water. 

  • But why? I could tutor you Y/N ah…. I have a higher math score than him in high school - Your brother just kept nagging and nagging. Yah Park Seo Joon, get your own sister. Yah! Yah!.....

Seo Joon slapped the door on In Woo’s face. 

  • If you keep yelling I'm gonna lock the door. 

  • Yah…. Yah….. Y/N - You could hear In Woo yelling, and a locking sound after.

  • Should we start? In Woo will eventually stop. - Sep Joon calmly pulled the chair next to you and started solving your homework. - Let's see…. Here. Do this for me. 

2 hours later, you and Seo Joon had finished, and you found your brother sitting outside of your door, waiting for you two. 

  • Yah… Both of you …. 

  • Yah what? Let's order some pizza. Y/N what do you want? Oppa is buying. - Seo Joon ignored In Woo once again and acted like he couldn't see the anger on his friend’s face. 

Seo Joon left after having pizza. While you were about to walk to your room, In Woo just cleared his throat. 

  • How was studying? - As if that was the one thing he cared about. In Woo looked at you from head to toe, searching for an answer. - You can't have a boyfriend until college, you know that right? 

You just glared at him in annoyance. Your brother could be so overprotective even if it was Seo Joon. Living away from your parents had been easy, and he had been doing a very good job of taking care of you. In Woo thought he needed to replace your parents while they were away. After all, he is just 21. He was still a kid himself, getting through life while carrying huge responsibility. You got that, but sometimes he could be too much. 

-----

A few weeks passed, and your test result would be coming soon. You couldn't wait to see yourself fail. Seo Joon would be disappointed, and you were just too embarrassed to think about it. 

  • Well done, Y/N. You’ve improved a lot. - Couldn't believe in your eyes. 80…. 80……. You can't wait to tell Seo Joon. 

You happily danced with Haejin. Seo Joon is the best tutor ever, you thought. Suddenly you heard someone call your name. Seo Joon was waiting for you at the school gate, waving at you with his stunning bright smile. Haejin kept smirking at you both. - Look, your prince is here to pick you up.- she said, pushing you over to him. 

  • Oppa, what are you doing here? 

  • I know you got your maths result today. How did it go? - Seo Joon smiled. - Well? 

  • She got 80, oppa…. Can I call you Oppa? Should thank the good tutor she got lately. See you on Monday Y/n ah. 

Both of you and Seo Joon couldn't hide the rose blush. Seo Joon grabbed your hands and pulled you away. 

  • Let's go. Oppa is treating you. How about BBQ? 

 

After your meal, you two just slowly walked around Seoul. Seoul in December was so cold, but walking next to Seo Joon made your heart warm. You sneakily looked at his eyes, as bright as a star. Every inch of him was just stunning. Seo Joon suddenly turned to you. Your eyes met, he caught you looking at him. Seo Joon shyly looked away, he tried to think of something to erase the awkwardness, but he suddenly lost his words. You always had been a sister to him, nothing else. However, his feelings had been strange. His heart didn't listen to him while he was with you. He couldn't explain what that feeling was, but he knew it was growing bigger. 

Saying goodbye to him was hard. You wanted the night to last forever. Seo Joon waved at you with his bright smile while walking backward. Seems like saying goodbye was hard for him as well. You watched him walking away through your window, dreamingly.