I'm not drunk, I like you

Between "Maybes"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it’s in the way he says her name, “Song Ji Hyo”, sometimes, “Cheon Seong-Im” or “Cheon Soo-Yeon” especially when he makes fun of her for being short-tempered, or for sleeping a lot. 

Or maybe, it’s in the way he takes care of her, maybe he’s the ‘tsundere’ type of man, but you’ll definitely appreciate his sincere intentions for you to be better and to do better. 

Or maybe, it’s in the unnecessary skinships?

Something that they do subconsciously and naturally. 

The way he gently pats her shoulder, whether she successfully accomplished the mission or even when she doesn’t.

Oh, the assurance that no matter what happens, he always got her back.  

The way their hands naturally clasps when celebrating a victorious win, oblivious to the fact that they’re not the only one in the team. 

But sometimes they’re not just their hands, but there are also ‘friendly hugs’ that the one of them initiates.

But, most importantly the way he gently wrapped her in his arms whenever he ousted or betrayed her first.

How it lingers even though it was just for a second or so. 

Or maybe the way he looks at her when he finds something funny just to check whether she’s laughing too. 

Experts say that when people are in a group and someone starts laughing, they will typically look at the person they are closest to.

What about the extreme mirroring that the both of them reflect. Replicating each other’s behavior as if they are DNA strands during a cell division. 

Oh. How her heart flutters when he whispers something to her ears,close enough to feel his warm breath against her skin, he’s just inches apart and his lips almost touching her temple. 

Or maybe it’s all in the bickering? 

Or the constant teasing they get, whether it be on and off the camera. But it makes her heart flutter anyway. 

But among all of the ‘maybes’one thing is certain, that she loves him for who he is, for who he was and for who he is yet to be.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The sound of his door buzzing caused Kim Jong Kook to jump out from his bed. He had barely gone to sleep after watching a replay of the football game he missed because of his busy schedule. Eyes half closed he reached out for his phone that is placed on the bedside table. 

2 a.m. 

Are you kidding me?

Who’s visiting him at this very ungodly hour?

The door buzzed for the second time and he was already heading to the intercom to see who’s paying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter