Pieces of Time OS

𝓟𝓲𝓮𝓬𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PIECES OF TIME

Annyeongz ft. Kangbi

 

“Without you everything falls apart. Without you it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.”
― Nine Inch Nails

 

It was Kang Wonyoung’s 18th birthday. Her mother, Lady Kang Hyewon, prepared a very grand 18th party for her only daughter. Pink and white motif, very princessey themed designs made from expensive brands and materials. Grandiose gifts and lots of very important persons attended the party. But Kang Wonyoung is only looking up to only one person, the girl whom she could call as the greatest gift of all. An Yujin, a very cool kid who made her way just to snatch Kang Wonyoung’s heart among all the suitors who would try to get her attention. 

 

Anyone would think that these two were destined to be together as Yujin was the one who made the younger’s heart beat. She wouldn’t want to waste every opportunity she could have with the younger. They both love each other so much, they went through lots of ups and downs already despite saying it young love but their love was pure and sweet. They were ready to show the whole world and announce how deeply they are in love to each other. However, for the both of them there is only one person remaining they must prove their love. Lady Kang Hyewon, Wonyoung’s mother who seems to have doubts on Yujin for her daughter. Yujin couldn’t get her way to Lady Kang’s heart, she still needs to get her trust in order to be with Wonyoung forever.

 

“Hey there pretty girl!” Yujin smirked, she looked at her lover from head to toe and can’t help but gawk at her girls’ astonishing features at this very special night. 

 

“Oh! There you are! I’ve been looking for you!” Wonyoung was relieved she finally saw her lover after almost an hour looking for her at the party. 

 

“You can always find me because I’ll always show myself to you!” Yujin grinned while showing her deep dimples. 

 

Wonyoung punched Yujin’s shoulder, giving it a light smack as she got embarrassed while blushing because seeing Yujin’s deep dimples is the prettiest to her eyes and would get her heart jump like crazy. 

 

“I...is your mother around this time?” Yujin carefully asked while trying to observe the surroundings since there were lots of people and somehow few eyes were looking at them.

 

“She probably knows where exactly I am Yujin-ah!” Wonyoung looked at Yujin with a look that somehow tells that her mother is just somewhere they couldn’t see but is watching them. 

 

For Yujin she’s been trying so hard to show Lady Kang that she can be trusted, that Wonyoung will be safe with her. She will protect her from any harm and that she will give Wonyoung the whole world.

 

Well, who wouldn’t try right? 

 

When the both of them would have their date, Lady Kang would always order someone to watch her daughter. Sometimes she would drive them personally to wherever Yujin is bringing Wonyoung. There are also times that Lady Kang will be the third wheel on her daughter’s date, she would even pay for them. It was like they couldn’t have the time that only the two of them should have because Wonyoung’s mother is always with them. 

 

Yujin tried to talk it out with Wonyoung but Wonyoung would just say that she understands why her mother does that and just let her. Yujin on the other hand, too much in love with Wonyoung just trusts Wonyoung about it and not argue as she thinks it won’t do good. However Yujin reached the peak of her patience. She thinks she has done enough to prove to Lady Kang that they both deserve each other but to her dismay Lady Kang is like a very big boulder to pass. 

 

------

 

Wonyoung then dragged Yujin to a balcony and ditched the guard on duty, sometimes doing that could give them an hour at least to be alone together before her mother could find them again. 

 

“Wonyoung-ah!” Yujin stared at Wonyoung, she was frowning and pouting. 

 

“How long are we going to keep doing this?” 

 

“How long are we going to keep ditching your guards?”

 

“What else should I do to let your mother’s gates open it for me and go to you?” 

 

Yujin, grew impatient, impatient on why she couldn’t have Wonyoung to herself and that Lady Kang is always in the picture. She questions why Wonyoung would just tolerate her mother doing this when they couldn’t freely be by themselves. 

 

Wonyoung couldn’t look Yujin to her eyes, she kept her head low. Actually Wonyoung is very frustrated as well and sometimes she could feel Yujin is uncomfortable, but she also doesn't know what to do. She knows that Yujin is becoming impatient now and the thought of Yujin might even grow tired of her and eventually end this kind of relationship afraids her.

 

She keeps on explaining that her mother is just very protective of her because she is afraid of losing her but Yujin would always assure Lady Kang that she won’t lose her daughter and that she’ll protect her forever. 

 

Yujin then heard Wonyoung sniffling. Yujin got surprised and automatically hugged her, rubbed her back and soothed her. She knows Wonyoung is frustrated as well but she just really wants to talk it again with Wonyoung and find a way or so. 

 

“Shhhhh! Hush now! I’m sorry okay? I...I was just trying to let my frustrations out, I guess I let it out at the wrong time. It’s your birthday today yet I let you cry.” Yujin trying to lull Wonyoung.

 

“No, Yujin, I also think it is the right time.” 

 

Yujin got confused suddenly. What does she mean by that? Is she breaking up with her? She’ll choose her mother? There were lots of thoughts inside Yujin’s head but she shrugged it and hugged Wonyoung tighter.

 

“Wh-what do you mean by that?” Yujin gulped.

 

Wonyoung inhales deeply after sniffling. She’d like to say it clearly so Yujin could listen and understand her well. 

 

“I think it’s time for me to tell you the reason why Yujinnie. But first let me apologize for not telling it earlier on our relationship. I...it’s just that I couldn’t or more like I don’t know where to start and I...uh until it came to me to just shrug it off Yujinnie.” 

 

Yujin got more confused as to why she’s apologizing out of nowhere but since it is Wonyoung she knows she needs her right now.

 

“I’m all ears on you Wonnie.” 

 

Wonyoung then broke the hug, and held Yujin’s hand, this time she looked straight into Yujin's eyes. But Yujin noticed that Wonyoung’s eyes were full of sadness, she had never seen this before as she would always see the bubbly and sparkly eyes of Wonyoung. 

 

Before Wonyoung would start talking, Yujin kissed Wonyoung’s hands that were holding hers. Assuring that whatever she hears she’ll be there. She also cupped Wonyoung’s face, kissed her forehead then pecked her lips. 

 

“Don’t worry! I’ll be here, always.” 

 

Their foreheads now attached to each other, feeling the moment of them being together, closing their eyes and just momentarily inhaling the soothing scents of each other. 

 

Wonyoung then broke the silence and started talking. 

 

“Yujinnie! Do you know what Mama gave me as a gift?” 

 

Yujin startled about the unexpected question but answers her anyway 

 

“Is it the usual item she would often give you?” 

 

“Yes! It is.” 

 

“What about that?”

 

Lady Kang would buy Wonyoung luxurious and expensive gifts, giving her all the things she could give just to make sure her daughter is happy. Wonyoung wouldn’t complain about it. She loves whatever her mother gives her and she knows what she likes. She let her mother pamper her. However there is this one particular item that Lady Kang would give her and Wonyoung knows the reason why that item is constant even though she already has hundreds of that maybe. It was an item that is very significant to the both of them. 

 

“She gave me a watch.” Wonyoung mumbled.

 

“Again huh?” 

 

Lady Kang’s gift for her daughter is a Vivienne Westwood watch. It’s quite an expensive watch but of course anything for her daughter she’ll give it. 

 

“You don’t want her to give you a watch anymore?” Yujin softly asked.

 

“No, it’s not like that Yujinnie. The watch...it’s the 12th watch she gave me.”

 

“12? That many?” 

 

“She gives me a watch on my birthday and on Christmas.” 

 

“Ever since Mom died 6 years ago, Mama has been giving me that Yujinnie.” Wonyoung then got sullen after telling that.

 

From the mention of her Mom, Yujin knows it is a sensitive topic. It gave Yujin an idea of where the topic would be going. Although they have been together for almost 3 years, but as far Yujin knows she never heard the word ‘Mom’ from Wonyoung’s mouth. All this time she only knows the fact that her Mom died because of an accident but Wonyoung and her Mama never really mentioned anything about it. Yujin did not dig in further as she knows that Wonyoung will eventually tell her and that she would always wait or listen to whatever Wonyoung is going to tell her. 

 

Yujin cautious, carefully asked about Wonyoung’s birth mother.

 

“Y-you had never mentioned to me about your Mom.” 

 

Wonyoung then started to cry after hearing the word ‘Mom’, making Yujin panicked. 

 

“......M-mama, she...s-she thinks buying pieces of time could make my Mom come back.”   

 

Yujin perplexed by Wonyoung’s statement, she’s thinking of the right words to come out of . She thinks this topic will be deeper so she continued to comfort and listen to Wonyoung for now. She then led Wonyoung to the bench nearby, she wiped Wonyoung’s tears and held her hand. Yujin then put her hand over Wonyoung’s shoulder, rubbed Wonyoung’s arms and kissed her forehead. 

 

Wonyoung continued sobbing but she had to tell Yujin. She thinks Yujin can free the both of them from the caged enormous feelings that the two of them had been keeping. 



 

Sometime ago...



 

“Bunny! Hurry up! You’ll be late at school.” 

 

“Yes Mom! Coming!”

 

“Dear, here’s your tea.”

 

“Thank you!” 

 

Hyewon proceeds to sip her cup of tea made by her wife. While waiting for a certain bunny to come down and that altogether they’ll eat their breakfast. 

 

“Dear, I told you not to wear your wool cape inside the house hmmm.” Eunbi nagged her wife while her brow was rising. 

 

“Oh! Shoot, sorry dear I forgot. Hehehe.” Hyewon then took off the cape, placed it aside and finished her cup of tea. 

 

Hyewon is actually a member of a royal family, giving her the title as the next heir to the throne. This is why she had the habit to always wear her royal crest (cape) wherever and whenever. She prefers just wearing the cape than a crown as she thinks it’s too flashy. Everyone also knew about her and her family and are all deeply loved and accepted by the general public. 

 

Hyewon fell in love with an ordinary girl who is living a very simple yet elegant life. That is Kwon Eunbi, the woman who captivated the young lady’s heart. Eunbi didn’t think that she’d be part of the royal family and that she’ll be marrying the ‘Lady Kang’ but for her she’d do anything just so she can be with the woman who taught her how to love. 

 

When they got married there were no objections, they were all supported and loved by many. 

 

Thus they lived happily ever after or so they thought. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter