Love - Fifteen

Game, Set, Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Heechul


Just thinking about his name is enough to get Jungsoo all riled up. Kim Heechul is someone Park Jungsoo considered as his greatest rival. Eversince they first met on a tournament tennis court back in primary school, that guy never suffered a defeat from Jungsoo-- and this fact is what Jungsoo is most annoyed of. Despite his best efforts whenever he faced him on the court every year, its always the same results. Before Jungsoo knew it, defeating him had become his motivation forward. Actually, Jungsoo is a great and very talented tennis player himself. It's just that, Heechul was better-- a natural born genius as people called him.

So when Jungsoo entered high school, he thought that he could finally work harder on his goal of becoming stronger in order to defeat Heechul in the High School tournaments. He even chose the second ranking school when it comes to tennis tournaments because he believed that the rank 1 would definitely scout Heechul to their team so his chances of facing him would be higher.

"BUT WHY IS HE HERE?!" 


It was all that Jungsoo could ask himself the moment he saw Kim Heechul enter the same court where the Tennis Club does their annual try-outs for freshmen.
And as if fate was mocking him, Jungsoo ended up having a match with Heechul for the try-out game. And unsurprisingly, Jungsoo lost---again. Luckily, the senior club members saw his talent and still accepted him warmly to the club.

"Didn't expect to see you here." Jungsoo said as he approached Heechul after the game while he was on the bench tying his shoelaces.

"Me too!" Heechul immediately replied with a smile before offering his hand for a shake. "Let's work hard together now, teammate" 
Jungsoo politely accepted Heechul's handshake but was surprised when the other didn't let go of his hands.
"Ya, chingu let's eat somewhere, my treat!" 
Before Jungsoo could respond, he just found himself being dragged by Heechul to the nearest convenience store in the their school.

 


Heechul was glad to see a familiar face among the freshmen gathered for the Tennis Club's annual try-out. And it wasn't just any familiar face, it's Park Jungsoo, his favorite game opponent. He met him during primary school and he instantly recognized him as a worthy rival. He always strives harder whenever he is up against him. For Heechul, Jungsoo is someone that would definitely understand him as he believed that they are standing on the same platform facing the same views.

For years, he had always looked forward on going against him on tournaments. He really wanted to talk to him after every game and try to befriend him. But he never had the courage to do it. That is why when he saw him at the try-out venue, he knew that his decision to reject the other High School's offer was the best choice. He knew that it was finally his chance to become his friend.

 


"Game and Match! to SJ High Kim Heechul, 7 - 4" the umpire announced from his seat, loud enough for Jungsoo to be pulled out from his daydreaming while watching from the team bleacher.

Time had passed quickly after that try-out day and its been more than a year since Jungsoo and Heechul joined the Tennis club. Hours ago was his first time playing a match for the school, which he fortunately won.

The match that was just concluded was Heechul's.
As he watched him do the post-match ceremonies, he could still feel himself become jealous. Unlike him, it wasn't Heechul's first time competing for the school. Because despite him being a freshman last year, the team decided to make him play as they recognized that he is talented enough for it. Which they never regretted when Heechul actually won his game, becoming the first rookie of the school to actually win the interschool tournament.
Jungsoo shrugged off his negative thoughts and to at least congratulate his teammate sincerely.
"Congrats, you did well." Jungsoo said as he handed Heechul a bottle of water.
"What do you mean well? I did great Jungsoo~" Heechul joked as he accepted the water and sat beside him.
"You too, you did great today." Heechul praised Jungsoo in return as he patted his shoulder before standing up again from his seat.

"See you later, I'll change into something cleaner first, I feel filthy with all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter