● ꧁ Chapter 2 ꧂ ●

Apricity [Yoonkook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


✤ ☾ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ☽ ✤

 

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter 2: Just married

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

 

...

 

 

Jungkook shuffled annoyed behind his and Yoongi's parents. The older alpha walked a few meters behind him, probably to be able to avoid the younger omega, but Jungkook didn't care. He was actually glad about it, because he didn't want the older to be near him, he didn't want to smell his scent and he definitely didn't want to be married to him, but here he was: a day after his wedding and ready to move in with him. 

 

Jungkook felt as if he was about to throw up. He grabbed the handle of his baggage harder, his knuckles turning white by the force he used while he gritted his teeth. He bit back an annoyed remark with probably more than one inappropriate word, and instead followed his mother. She was heading to the large house, surrounded by a breath-taking garden filled with trees, many rose bushes which were blooming in all kind of different and beautiful colors, a delicate scent gracing the air. 

 

"That's such a beautiful and breath-taking house,", his mother went into raptures about the whole place, linked arms with her husband and then turned to her son: "At least you two got a nice house to live in.", she tried to cheer him up before turning around again and smiling: "It's really generous of him.", she added before Yoongi's father knocked on the door. 

 

Jungkook pressed his lips into a thin line to keep himself from saying something impolite, and instead just nodded slowly, not saying anything. Technically, she was right: it was really generous of the king to offer them one of his family estates, a few kilometers away from the city Daegu, to live in, but at the same time, they were supposed to save his kingdom from an enemy he and his troops couldn't win against, so of course he tried to keep them as happy as possible. It was a clever move for him to do so.

 

"Yes, it is.", Jungkook breathed out when his father was looking at him with a cold expression in his face, warning his son to not say anything inappropriate. 

 

The large, dark wooden door opened and a young woman with soft, brown hair and a polite smile on her lips -probably one of the maids- stood in front of them. She bowed slightly before stepping aside and indicating them to come in: "Please come in. We already waited for your arrival.", she said with a sweet voice, her head slightly bowed when Jungkook's and Yoongi's parents entered first.

 

Jungkook's mother squealed excited when she and her husband entered behind Yoongi's parents. She literally dragged her husband inside. She wasn't used to having maids and servants. She wasn't used to being the center of attention and Jungkook's mother seemed to like it. 

 

Jungkook crinkled his nose. Just like his mother, he wasn't used to things like that. They came from a small city and Jungkook had lived his whole life in a modest, small house.

 

He didn't like the attention which was given to him and he certainly did not need a big house like that, didn't need all these maids and servants. He just wanted to go home again. Back to Taehyung who had stayed in their hometown, but sadly he couldn't.

 

"Are you gonna stand here all day? Just walk already, these things are heavy.", Yoongi, who was standing behind Jungkook, asked annoyed while the younger took his time and blocked the whole front door so that the older couldn't enter.

 

"Aren't alphas supposed to be super strong? And you can't even carry a few pieces of luggage?", Jungkook blurted out while rolling his eyes, still not moving one muscle, still blocking the entrance. Even if the younger wasn't looking at Yoongi, he could still feel how the alpha's cheeks turned red in anger, could hear how he gritted his teeth and mumbled something under his breath, not loud enough for Jungkook to understand. Jungkook smirked, satisfied with his little victory, and finally entered the house. 

 

He nodded and smiled politely at the maid, who was still holding the door open while watching the two men with a confused look in her eyes. 

 

The first thing that caught Jungkook's eyes was the long corridor which they had to pass in order to get into the entrance hall. Guards were standing there, on each side of the corridor five men, uniforms looking flawless, all of them heavily armed and an emotionless stare on their face as Jungkook walked passed them. The young omega watched them closely as he walked past and raised an eyebrow. 

 

It seemed as if no one wanted to risk that something is going to happen to them. As if threats from the outside were the problem. It was more likely that Yoongi and Jungkook killed each other before anyone else got the chance to even do so. 

 

The young omega snorted amused at the thought of the guards trying to intervene while he and Yoongi would be at each other's throat. 

 

He snickered lowly while he kept on walking. 

 

At the end of the corridor was the entrance hall, magnificent stairs on the right side lead to the top floor, a beautiful and huge chandelier was attached to the ceiling, white candles on top of it which were probably light up as soon as it would get dark outside, gold and silver sparkling in the sunlight which was illuminating the room through the gold-framed windows on the left side of the room.

 

Elaborately decorated wallpapers graced the walls and the floor shined in beautiful and intense emerald green-colored marble. It was so polished that Jungkook feared he could slip if he wasn't careful enough.

 

Jungkook really didn't need that much splendor and glamour, but still he couldn't stop to gape in astonishment. And that was just the entrance hall?

 

"Why the is the floor green?", Yoongi asked confused when he finally arrived behind Jungkook, breathing heavily because of the luggage he had to carry. 

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes before closing them and taking a deep breath, holding it for a second and then exhaling it again. Of course Yoongi would ruin all of this. 

 

"You're good at , aren't you?", Jungkook asked with a sharp undertone while he put his luggage down, his hands turning into fists.

 

A young man immediately appeared, bowed quickly and then grabbed the luggage, "I'll bring it to your room, so you can join your parents in the living room.", the young man with bright red hair announced before smiling at Jungkook, walking up the stairs and disappearing on the top floor.

 

Jungkook smiled slightly. He was glad that he didn't have to carry his belongings anymore.

 

"I am not complaining. I like the color. I was just surprised.", Yoongi explained his earlier statement while he gave his luggage to another young man who had appeared, offering to bring his belongings to his room as well.

 

Jungkook didn't say anything and instead just ignored the older. He followed the corridor, which was dowsed in light. On its end he could hear the clear and sweet voice of his mother. 

 

His eyes widen and he couldn't prevent the surprised sound, which was leaving his throat when he entered the room, his and Yoongi's parents were currently in, and which was- he assumed- the living room. Sofas made out of red fabric were standing on a fine looking dark wooden floor, huge windows, on which heavy red curtains were gathered at the sides, were enabling the sunlight to fall into the room. 

 

The walls were left in a pure white color, golden ornamentations gracing them, and expansive looking brown pieces of furniture were standing beside the sofas, vases with colorful flowers on them.

 

"It's pretty, isn't it?", his mother went into raptures about the house once again and smiled at her son when she saw him enter the room. She stepped closer and linked arms with him, smiling brightly and trying to cheer him up. The blond man slowly nodded, his mouth still slightly ajar as he continued to let his gaze wander around the room. 

 

'I bet Seokjin would love this.', he thought and a grin appeared on his lips when he was thinking about his older brother. He could already hear him squeal in excitement while discovering every corner of the unfamiliar house. He hoped that his brother will visit him often to spend some time with him. He already missed him.

 

"Well, now that you're all here, please let me accompany you to the dining room. The food is already prepared.", a young man, who Jungkook hadn't noticed yet, spoke up. His hair was black and a pale scar graced his right cheek, his eyes were sparkling and a polite smile appeared on his lips. 

 

"Thank gods, I am really hungry.", Yoongi sighed behind Jungkook and the younger once more rolled his eyes. The voice of the older was already enough to annoy Jungkook. It reminded him about the fact that he wasn't here alone. That he had to spend time with someone he didn't want to have around him. That he was now married to him. 

 

It reminded him about the fact that neither Yoongi or him knew what they were supposed to do now.

 

How long will it take to save the kingdom? What were they even supposed to do? Maybe the younger was lucky and he'd be back with Taehyung in a few months, maybe he would lie in his arms sooner then he thought. Or, maybe, it will last for years until Jungkook will finally be free again. He sighed and tried to push this thought away.

 

The small group followed the young man into the next room: an elongated room, three windows with gold decorated frames graced the left side of the room while large paintings, at least two meters high, decorated the left wall. Jungkook stepped closer to the paintings to look at them more closely. He always had liked art, had once or twice tried to draw something himself and every time he had the chance to see paintings like that, he was thrilled. 

 

They were beautiful and he wondered how many paintings he could find here. 

 

He averted his gaze and let his eyes wander around the room again. 

 

In the center of the room stood a dark wooden table and Jungkook's stomach started to growl when he discovered the food, which was already well presented on the table. 

 

An incredible delicious scent filled the room and the young blond man couldn't wait to finally eat.

 

At least he wouldn't starve here. 

 

Jungkook's mother, once more, squeaked excited while her husband just followed her with an emotionless expression on his face. They all sat down and started to speak, their two sons staying silent while their parents started to talk loudly, laughing once in a while because of a joke Yoongi's father told them.

 

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

 

Jungkook's favorite fairytale had always been sleeping beauty since he was a child. He could remember the times when his mother had read it out to him as if it was yesterday. How he sat on the floor in front of her, eyes widened and sparkling because of the story. How the old book had smelled when he had opened it to look at the few black and white pictures, him being too young yet to be able to read himself. How the already brown turning pages had felt under his fingertips as he turned the pages. 

 

He had loved this fairytale so much that his mother had to read it to him every evening until his eyes started to burn and he fell asleep. Before Jungkook was even able to read one word, he already knew the story by heart. Sometimes he even acted the story out with Seokjin, his older brother being nice enough to actually play the princess even when he was six years older than Jungkook and wasn't really interested in fairytales anymore.

 

For the young blond omega this fairytale had always symbolized how true love could endure everything and how the evil couldn't win against it. How the love of one person could save someone. He really had loved that idea. 

 

But when he became older, the reality started to slowly but surely destroy this illusion. His faith in true love being able to endure everything, started to fade away when he knew that he had to leave Taehyung. When he had to leave him for a man others decided he would have to marry. 

 

Jungkook sighed lowly, his blond hair falling into his face as his lips started to tremble. He sat on his bed, in the room he was now supposed to share with Yoongi, and the book laid next to him on the soft silk sheets.

 

His mother had given it to him with a sad smile, kissing him one last time on the cheek before she left with his father to go back to their small hometown. 

 

Jungkook sighed again before cracking his knuckles- a habit of him- and looking out of the window. Behind the trees and flourishing rose bushes the sun started to slowly set, its last rays of light peeking out behind the mountains which's tips were covered with white, sparkling snow. 

 

The young omega's blond hair was glowing in the deep orange color of the sunset and he squeezed his eyes shut when the rays of sunshine were falling into his face, dazzling him. 

 

He was sure that his parents were now searching for a place to stay the night, the journey to their hometown Busan lasting for a few days.

 

Jungkook averted his gaze away from the sunset and looked once more at the book his mother gave him. It was still laying on the same spot, unmoving and waiting for Jungkook to open it. His gaze travelled over the beautiful written letters on the cover. He noticed how the colors were fading slowly, losing their shine. He noticed how the brown pages were peeking out of the book and at most, he noticed how the familiar smell of the book hit his nose, making his mind travel back to his childhood, old memories appearing once more. 

 

His fingers slowly over the familiar book while he was lost in his thoughts. 

 

He didn't know how to feel right now. He didn't know what to do next. What should he do? How even did all these people imagine Yoongi and him to save the kingdom?

 

He bit his lips until they turned a deep shade of red and slight pain appeared. He felt helpless. Tears started to collect at the bottom lid of his eyes, threatening to roll down his face, but this time he didn't force himself to hold them in. Instead, he let them fall while his chest tightened. His breath hitched in his throat and he felt as if he couldn't breath properly anymore. He felt as if a cold and cruel hand was grabbing his heart and squeezing it hard, until it shattered into a million of pieces. 

 

He cried.

 

He cried more then ever before, but he still tried to not let any loud sound escape his lips. 

 

He didn't want the maids, who were wandering around the house, to hear him. He didn't want the guards, who were patrolling in front of his room, to hear him either. He knew that they knew that he was here against his will, he had noticed their sympathetic stares and their whispering. He didn't want them to pity him even more. 

 

And primarily, he didn't want Yoongi to hear him.

 

Jungkook cried until the sun had disappeared behind the mountains, leaving nothing but darkness. The moon and stars were covered with dark clouds, so no light was illuminating the dark night and Jungkook couldn't even see his own hands in front of his face.

 

Slowly, the tears dried up, but he still didn't feel any better. He took a deep breath, concentrating on the feeling of air filling his lungs. He listened to his quick -unhealthy quick- beating heart in the silent room, felt his head throb, announcing a heavy headache the next day.

 

Slowly, he stood up and lit up a candle, which was standing on his bedside table. A warm, orange flame started to flicker and he stood up to light up a few more, the dim light of the candle guiding him the way through the room. When finally his room was illuminated by orange flickering light, the scent of melting candle wax and smoke surrounding Jungkook, he sat back down on the bed and opened the fairytale book.

 

With burning eyes he started to read the first page, with a small sob he turned the pages and with tears streaming down his face he ended the story.

 

His mind travelled to Taehyung. To the young alpha with the deep green eyes and silver, half long hair, which was always falling into his face, making him pout before he tugged it behind his ears, just for them to fall into his face again a few seconds later. 

 

A small smile appeared on Jungkook's lips when he thought about how a pout had appeared on Taehyung's full, pink lips while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter