When My Untold Love Blooms Inside My Chest

When My Untold Love Blooms Inside My Chest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a child, Yoohyeon loves to wonder about random things, even the things that a kid shouldn't think yet. At such young age, she wondered how does it feel loving someone-romantically, of course. Same goes with her one and only bestfriend, Bora.

"Bora, do you think it's possible for someone to live without love?" The six years old Yoohyeon asked.

Bora who was nine years old that time, asked back, "How would I know? I'm not old enough to know that."

"I don't think the age is necessary when it comes to having knowledge over something, you can figure it when you find a way." The younger stated confidently.

"Silly, some things aren't appropriate for children like us." Bora chuckled as she messed Yoohyeon's hair.

"Fine but... when will I find the love of my life? I can't wait to treat them as if they're my everything!"

"Yooh, you shouldn't think about that, not yet." The older rolled her eyes, "You should study first."

"I'm just expressing myself." Yoohyeon pouted, "How about you? Don't you want to find the person you love?"

"Stop pouting, you're not cute!" Bora joked, "I already found mine."

"Huh!? Spill!"

"Joke, it's just a silly crush it's not love." Bora sticked her tongue out to annoy her friend, "But why are you asking me if someone can live without love?" 

"Because I'm worried, what if no one wants to love me?" The younger suddenly asked as she plucked the santan flowers from the garden of her grandma. She can't help but to think about it, she keep on asking it to herself every night and now she decided to ask her friend. Her mind was full of worries about love when she shouldn't think about those things because she's still a kid. 

"What? That's impossible Yoohyeon, you're so loveable! Every one can love you easily!" Her friend said, trying to cheer her up. 

"You're not lying, Bora?" She asked hopefully and the older nodded, "But why mom pays more attention to the flowers than me?" 

Bora sighed, "Why are you jealous of flowers? Those are part of her job! Without those plants and flowers, she won't be able to raise you and provide your necessities." 

"I just felt sad, I saw her talking to the plants. They can't even answer her, but me? I'm her daughter but she's not that lively when it comes to me." Yoohyeon clenched her fist while the santans that she plucked are inside of her hand. "I feel like I can't find someone who will love me the way I love them, because even my own mother can't show me that."

"Hey, don't say that! What about me, can't you feel my love? I love teasing and making fun of you but believe me, I love you!" Bora said and pinched the younger's fluffy cheeks, "If you're worried that no one will love you in the future... and if I can't find my special someone, then let's be together! Let's marry each other." 

"W-what!?" 

"There's nothing wrong with that!" The older's brows furrowed, "It's just a suggestion! We can be together if we don't find someone who will love us."

"Weird but okay?" Yoohyeon's frown slowly disappear, "Besides, if I have to live the rest of my life with one person only, it's better to be you, my bestfriend."

---

But some things really change as time goes by. It seems like the younger have forgotten about their talk, and that Bora thought she should have promised it and made Yoohyeon believe that she wasn't joking around.

When Yoohyeon turned 16 and Bora turned 19, someone came into the picture. The older thought she's the only bestfriend forever, not until the younger had another one.

Minji became part of their lives, the girl's mother is associated with Yoohyeon's mother as they have partnership in their flower shop business.

The said girl is a bit similar to Bora, she's kinda blunt and shameless. The first time Minji met Yoohyeon, she gave the latter a yellow rose. That made the younger's heart flutter, which turned into attraction and the thing they called crush.

"Flowers for Yooh!" Minji smiled as she handed the two yellow roses to Yoohyeon, the latter was taken aback and panicked silently but she gladly accepted the flowers. Bora, who saw the scene, rolled her eyes. 

"She's just like that to new people, my puppy is really awkward!" Bora intervene and tease Yoohyeon like her usual doing. 

"Oh, I figured. But she's cute so I think that's fine." Minji responded as her eyes were smiling as well, making Yoohyeon's heart melt at the sight. 

"You think so? Just wait till she becomes comfortable with you, she'll be annoying!" 

"Yah, Bora!" The youngest hissed, embarrassed of what her friend just said. 

"I don't mind, I like bubbly people." 

Bora got annoyed at Minji's response and dragged her friend towards their backyard, specifically the garden, "I don't like her! Her boldness is so annoying!" 

"Bora, just admit you hate the fact that you met someone similar to you! Don't dislike her." Yoohyeon said, "I think she's nice though." 

"Nice my !" The older mocked, "Stop being oblivious, she's flirting with you!" 

"Was she? Why does it matter?" Yoohyeon raised one of her eyebrows, "Wait, are you jealous?" 

"Of course not! It's just... you catch feelings easily and a girl like her... she looks like she's not serious in life." Bora responded in defense. 

The younger sighed, "Duh, I don't catch feelings easily and can't we just quit being judgmental? My mom said to befriend Minji because she's a daughter of her friend. Besides it'd be fun to have another friend!" 

"Am I not enough for you?" 

"Hey, it's not like that. You guys can be friends too, you know. It's not just us and no one should be left behind." Yoohyeon stated, "You're still my number one bestfriend, if that worries you."

Bora sighed as well, she felt defeated, "Even if I tease you a lot while she acts nicer? I'm still your number 1?"

"Yes! I know that even if you bully me, you still love me!" The younger smirked. 

Of course as Yoohyeon's number one friend, she's the first person who found out about Yoohyeon's little crush on Minji. The younger would always talk about the girl with sparkling eyes and Bora was just watching her and trying to act interested when in fact, she's bored and irritated. 

Bora had a hard time adjusting, she have gotten use to be Yoohyeon's only bestfriend. They spent most of their time together ever since their childhood days but when Minji came into the picture, her time with her friend got lessen. She hated the feeling of sharing Yoohyeon with someone, but what can she do if her friend is also happy with her another 'friend'? Also, she don't own the younger. 

Now, they're grown up. Yoohyeon just turned 19 and Bora turned 22, having the same age with Minji but they still can't get along after all those years. They have Yoohyeon as common friend, the girl would always try her best to make them get along but it never happens. Not when one of them feels jealous to one another. 

---

"What's that?" Bora asked when she sat down, they were at the café together and the younger was smelling the flower on her hand.

"Obviously, a flower!" Yoohyeon chuckled as she stated the obvious.

"Duh, I know! I meant, what flower is that, you know I know nothing about them." The older said as she placed the coffee she ordered for the two of them in their table.

"I don't know much about flowers too, but Minji said it is gladiolus." The younger can't hide her happiness and she kept smelling the said flower. 

"Ah, gladiolus symbolizes strength and integrity. Anyways, in the whole 3 years, that girl is still not tired of giving you different flowers every time you see each other?" Bora asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah, what's wrong?" 

"You don't like flowers, right?" 

Yoohyeon shrugged, "So what? She didn't know that and I don't mind receiving flowers if those will come from her." 

"You really like her that much huh..." The older mumbled, "Just don't fall in love with her, please."

"Are we going to argue again?" Yoohyeon pouted, "If ever my heart beats for her, I can't do anything about it. Especially if she's the one for me."

Bora shook her head, "I also don't want to argue with you but keep in your mind that I'm forbidding you to love her because I'm worried that it might hurt you."

"Isn't love equates to pain? If you love, you feel the pain, it's inevitable to happen. Everyone will experience that."

The older just sighed, "I already let you like her. This time, listen to me. Don't fall for her because that girl is flirting with different girls."

"Okay okay, stop nagging now! I won't fall for her." 

"You better!" 

---

But jokes on Yoohyeon, every night she's thinking about her other friend, about Minji. She's aware she likes her and she can't deny the fact that it's not hard to fall in love with the girl. Though, like what Bora said, Minji is not serious over relationships, well it's not like she have one. Minji told her she doesn't want to be in a relationship yet.

The girl never fails to make Yoohyeon's heart flutter, whether it's through words or actions. She's also kind and she kept giving her flowers. When they first met, Minji gave Yoohyeon yellow roses which symbolizes friendship and new beginnings. Every time they see each other, the former would gave the younger the yellow roses she planted by herself. Minji had told her she never do such thing to anyone, only to her. As time goes by, Minji stopped giving her yellow roses and gives her different kind of flowers.

Yoohyeon used to like some girls and some boys before but when she met Minji, she became 'loyal' even though it's just a 'crush' but for the past three years, she felt like her feelings were growing to something bigger, which she kinda expected and she knows it would disappoint Bora. But what can she do? When her heart decided to beat for Minji, when her heart chose the girl as someone she'll love unconditionally. 

Sometimes Yoohyeon thought that the older possibly like her too, but that thought was destroyed by Bora's opinions. Her bestfriend said that it's hard to understand Minji's feelings, knowing the girl is naturally playful and flirty to random people, and maybe she didn't intend to flirt but it shows just like that. 

"Why is my girl spacing out?" Minji snapped her fingers in front of Yoohyeon's face, causing the latter to blink twice. 

"I guess, I'm just tired." Yoohyeon simply answered. 

"Then, you shouldn't have come." The older said and sat next to her, "But not gonna lie, I'm glad you went here. I missed you so much!" She squish Yoohyeon's cheeks, a normal habit that she had. 

"I missed you too, I'm sorry it's just that I'm so busy lately." That was the reason why she made sure she has a free time to see Minji again, in the flower shop of their mothers. She missed the older a lot. 

"I understand. Starting college is not easy, I know." Minji gave her an assuring smile, "Anyways, here's the flower of the day!" 

As usual, Minji gave her a flower again. This time it's a sunflower. 

"Thank you." Yoohyeon said, and she meant it. She's not really a flower lover, she was actually jealous of them because most people love them, including her mom. But she likes it when she receives flowers from her friend, whom she knew she love by now. She can't just dislike Minji's favorite thing. 

She doesn't want to become coward, she wants to be honest with her feelings. She just realized it last night and she tried her best to build a courage. 

Her thoughts were battling though, if she should confess right away when she just realized her feelings awhile ago, or she shouldn't confess because there's a possibility that Minji won't like her back. 

She read too much novels about friendship, she watched dramas about it. She thought, those are cliché and that, maybe... just maybe, she should be honest with her feelings because just like in the television and books, her friend might feel the same way too. To avoid unwanted regrets, she decided to be bold and honest about her feelings, for once in her life.

"I need to tell you something-" They said together, the younger chuckled, "Older first!" 

Minji rolled her eyes but chuckled as well, "I think that, my bestfriend should be the first person to know about this."

Yoohyeon stared at her friend with anticipation. 

"So, I finally have a girlfriend! A serious one." 

Yoohyeon felt like her world crashed down, same goes with the courage she has been building since last night. What was it for? Such a waste, she didn't even manage to confess. 

How can she confess when Minji looked so happy? She can't be selfish. Her question is now answered, Minji don't feel the same. She already found the one she'll love and it's not her. Yoohyeon don't want to take it away, not when she can see the genuine happiness in the older's eyes. 

Yoohyeon spaced out once again, she's just staring at Minji who keep on talking about her girlfriend. The former can't bring herself to listen, she can hear but she can't understand. It's like she suddenly want to disappear because she's hurting right now. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Minji asked, "Sorry if I talked too much, tell what you have to say."

The younger shook her head, "Don't mind it, it's just about college but I already know what to do so I don't need to tell you.... Just continue talking."

How ironic. She's not even listening, but she's sure she just loves Minji's soft voice that much. She's aware she's being a masochist and Bora will surely bonk her head for falling in love with Minji. She broke her promise to Bora. 

She was brought back in a reality when she felt itchiness in , at first she just drank water and she rubbed her neck gently. But she felt it's getting worse, she can't breathe properly and her chest hurts a lot. 

"Y-yoohyeon what's happening to you?" Minji asked again and she looked so worried about her younger friend, "Let me take you to your apartment-" 

"I- I c-can go home alone. I'm sorry..." She got up from her seat and didn't even waited for Minji's response, she walked away from the flower shop and didn't bother to look back even if the older kept calling her name. Her trembling hands searched for her cellphone as she immediately called Bora.

"Hello, Yooh-"

"B-bora, I c-can't b-breathe..." Yoohyeon said while one of her hands was holding her chest, but the pain didn't lessen, it gotten worse even more.

"What!? Where are you!?" Bora panicked as well, she already have a hunch but she was hoping that her suspicions would turn out false.

"M-meet me in my apartment... p-please..."

Bora felt her heart breaking into pieces. She knows this could happen, she knows this would happen. And knowing Yoohyeon is now experiencing it, she can't help but to be mad at herself even though she's not at fault.

"Okay, I'm on my way!"

When Yoohyeon reached her apartment, she immediately went to the bathroom. She saw her reflection in the mirror, she looked messy, messier than ever. She was sweating and her hands were still trembling.

She winced when she felt her chest pulsating, it's like something is piercing in it. Her tears slowly fell due to the pain she's feeling. Her breathing started to hardened and it seems like there is something stuck inside , blocking her airways causing her more pain and unable to breathe normally. She felt suffocating and she decided to breathe through her nose, but it didn't help that much. 

She opened the faucet and washed her whole face, despite her trembling hands. Feeling the coldness on her face, the hardness on her breathing didn't go away.

Until she started coughing hardly, she was holding her neck and she suddenly felt that she'll throw up. She didn't even remember eating something big that could be stuck in but she's hoping that whatever it is, it'll stop once she threw it out.

Her trembling hands found its way to , she coughed more and more until she felt something soft in her hands. She can finally breathe again, but it's rapid and she felt weak as she fell down to the ground. She was about to close her eyes when she heard a familiar voice. 

"Yoohyeon- Oh my gosh!" A panicked Bora entered the bathroom and went towards her friend who's lying weakly on the cold tiles, "Please, don't pass out!"

"B-bora, am I d-dying?" The younger asked, her eyes were almost closed and she really looked tired. 

"No! You aren't!" Her friend hissed as she tried to carry Yoohyeon, good thing she's strong enough to do that. She lay her on the couch and left the latter to get a water of glass, "Drink!" 

The younger did as she was told to do. She winced when the water flows down in , it felt like she had a sore throat.

"Bora.. what's happening to me? I don't understand..." Yoohyeon's emotions were mixed, confusion, worry, sadness, fear... those can be seen altogether on her face.

"Can you please be honest with me!? Did you... fall for someone?" Bora asked. 

"I'm so sorry." The only three words that came out of Yoohyeon's mouth. Not the three words that Bora would like to hear from her, and the words break her heart as she is now certain that Yoohyeon broke the promise. 

"It's Minji, right?" The older wish that Yoohyeon would say no, the latter can fall for anyone but she doesn't want it to someone who she feels insecure of. 

But then, Yoohyeon slowly nodded, "How is it related to this?" 

"Stop playing dumb! I'm sure you know about the thing that will grow inside your chest when you fall for someone who don't reciprocate your feelings!" Bora angrily said, "It's a Hanahaki disease!" 

Yoohyeon understand it easily but, "I never thought t-that it's real..."

"Yeah, it wasn't real! Until it happened to you now, if you're not convinced, how can you explain the petals in your hand!?" 

That made the younger look at the soft thing she has been holding, the one that came out from . Her hands slowly trembled again as she turned to her friend. 

"I-it's a petal of blue rose." She said weakly as she thought it's really the end for me, "So it's really the end of me."

She never thought that this was real, she didn't expect that this will happen to her. 

Yoohyeon had heard that blue rose does not exist in nature because of genetic limitations. Though florists can produce blue-hued flowers by placing cut roses in dye. Because of that, she got curious of seeing blue rose, she wanted to see one personally... but not in this way. She didn't like the fact that it's growing inside her chest, because of the one sided love she's feeling towards her friend. 

"Don't say that! You won't die, you can't! If you want, you can take surgery to remove that growing flower in your chest." The older suggested, "It's just... your feelings for her will vanish along with that thing, but if it happens again for the second time, you won't be able to survive and second surgery isn't advisable."

Yoohyeon's tears fell, "I d-don't want to take surgery. It costs a lot-" She stopped when she felt itchiness in again, she started coughing until another petal got out from . 

"Blue rose symbolizes secret, unattainable and unrequited love..." Bora said nonchalantly, still upset about what happened, "That didn't just give you flowers every time you see her, she even planted it in your chest."

"S-she didn't do that literally..." Yoohyeon said as she let go the three blue petals from her hand, "C-can you please don't say this to anyone? I trust you and I hope this will stay between the two of us only."

Bora sighed and nodded afterwards, "Fine but please consider the surgery, okay? I'm willing to help if you're worried about the cost. I don't want to lose you... just think about it and decide quickly before it's too late."

Yoohyeon just sighed as well and stared at the ceiling. Bora stayed in her apartment to take care of her because she keeps on coughing petals every hour. 

---

1 week have passed and she tried to avoid Minji, but she just can't. The girl told her how worried she was and asked her what happened to her because she lost some weights.

"I'm really fine, Minji." She lied. She never wanted to lie to Minji, but she was left with no choice. It's not like she can tell the older that something is growing inside her because of the 'pathetic' love she's feeling towards her friend. She will never do that, she doesn't want Minji to feel guilty.

"Your look says otherwise! Are you even eating three times a day?"

The younger nodded, but it's just another lie. For the past days, it's hard for her to eat. Aside from she doesn't have appetite, it is hard for her to swallow a food, even drinking became hard for her. She chuckled bitterly when she thought that, she might die from ulcer and not from hanahaki disease. 

"Oh, Siyeon is here!" Minji said out of excitement and Yoohyeon can only admire those smiles of the older even if she's not the reason behind. And yeah, they met up because her friend wants her to meet her girlfriend.

"Hi, I'm Siyeon." The girl offered her hand and Yoohyeon gladly accepted it, she smiled to the former and introduced herself.

"I'm Yoohyeon."

"Oh yeah, Minji talked about you, a lot!" Siyeon said and Minji hit her jokingly.

"Of course, she is my bestfriend, I will talk about her 24/7." Minji said in defense.

Yoohyeon just watched them bickering, she smiled awkwardly but winced afterwards when she felt a throb right from her heart, she also started coughing again. 

That didn't go unnoticed to her friend, "Yah, you've been having a hard time breathing and keep on coughing since last week, what's happening with you? Did your mom knew about it?"

Yoohyeon shook her head, "N-no, and please don't tell her. It's nothing serious."

"Your cough sounded so awful, I think you should see the doctor." Siyeon suggested.

Yoohyeon smiled, at least she felt relieved that Siyeon is a nice person. That she's the person Minji chose to love, "I t-think so too, I w-would. Thanks."

"You don't look fine, Yooh. Do you want to go home?" Minji asked.

"Y-yeah, sorry for always leaving you, Minji."

"No it's fine, let me take you home this time."

The younger shook her head, "Don't leave Siyeon alone, I can handle myself." And she faked a smile to convince Minji.

"Uhh, it's fine with me if Minji takes you home first." Siyeon reassured.

"See? I have a very understanding girlfriend. Now, don't complain." Minji got up and grab Yoohyeon's wrist with her, the latter looked back at Siyeon and waved her hands.

When they reached her apartment, Minji spoke, "Are you hiding something from me? I don't want to overthink but I noticed that you've been distant lately and you look weaker."

Yoohyeon sighed weakly, "I'm just stressed, I thought I'm not in the mood to talk and entertain you."

"And what about Bora? You only distant yourself from me but not with her." Here they are again, with the jealousy over the friendship. Bora is exactly just like this as well. 

"Well, you know her, she will keep bothering me even if I tell her I'm tired or what."

"So? Do I need to do that too? Actually, I'm upset." Minji said, she's really sad and upset when Yoohyeon avoided her without telling her the reason. 

"No, besides you already have a girlfriend. I can't always keep your company, you know." The younger mumbled but audible enough for Minji to hear that. 

"But I still want to spend more time with you." 

Yoohyeon was about to respond but she suddenly coughed, as usual it sounded awful that it widened Minji's eyes. She went towards Yoohyeon whose hands were in . 

The younger saw the blue petal in her hand and she quickly hid it in her pocket. 

"That sounds bad, please consult to the doctor." Minji said as she rubbed Yoohyeon's back, she was upset but now she is more worried. 

"I w-will. Don't worry." Yoohyeon just said and hopefully the girl will believe her, "Now, go back to Siyeon. Don't make her wait."

"Are you sure you're fine alone?" Minji asked, "I'm sure Siyeon would understand if I stay here with you."

"I'm really fine, I just need to rest." Yoohyeon faked a smile once again. 

"Fine, just take care of yourself, okay? And call me when you need help." Minji said before she bid her farewell. 

Yoohyeon heave a deep sigh when she's finally alone. She lazily drop herself on the couch and stared at the ceiling. 

"S-she doesn't need to know."

---

January 07, it's Yoohyeon's birthday. Her mom asked her if she wants to have a small celebration but she said she doesn't want to and she have plans.

She wants to go out with Bora and Minji, the two most special friends of her. Though she knows that the two girls don't get along, she's sure none of them can resist her request. Especially when it's her special day today.

She requested to go to the amusement park. She wants to enjoy for now before her stressed on college and her disease start again.

"Let's try the rollercoaster!" Yoohyeon said as she did small jumps while holding each of her friends' hands.

"W-what... why rollercoaster?" Minji asked. 

"Why not? I like it, it'd be fun!" Yooheon answered. 

"Tss, coward." Bora side comment and that made Minji rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not!" 

"Let's go then!" Yoohyeon dragged the both of them. 

The three of them screamed a lot, Yoohyeon screams in fun, Minji screams in both fear and fun meanwhile Bora screams out loud for her dear life. 

Poor Yoohyeon who's beside Bora, the former's eardrum felt broke. 

"T-that was fun..." Minji said while panting, she laughed when she noticed Bora's face, "Now who's coward?" 

"Shut up !"

"Yah, Bora watch your mouth." Yoohyeon scolded. 

Bora just rolled her eyes and drag Yoohyeon but she was stopped because Minji was also holding the girl's other wrist. When she faced her, Minji was raising her eyebrows. As a competitive person, Bora raised her eyebrows as well. 

"Can you let her go!?" 

"Why would I?" 

"Because-" 

They stopped when Yoohyeon started coughing again, Bora immediately handed her handkerchief to the younger. The latter accepted it and when she successfully coughed out the petal, she quickly hide it. 

"You're still coughing?" Asked by Minji who looked worried. 

"Obviously she's still!" Bora answered. 

"D-don't mind this, let's go." Yoohyeon just said. 

They tried different rides, even the carousel that Yoohyeon really liked, of course her two older friends bicker every chance they get. Mostly about Yoohyeon. 

They also bicker when Bora bought Yoohyeon an ice cream, Minji saying that Yoohyeon shouldn't eat anything cold because of her cough. But Bora ignored her nagging, and Yoohyeon can't do anything because she knows Bora would be upset if she refuse the ice cream, and besides she likes it. 

Minji did view it as a competition, she bought a cotton candy for Yoohyeon, she even fed the younger who seemed happy like a kid. Of course, Bora won't stay silent, that's too impossible for someone like her, she gave side comments but Minji ignored her as well and sometimes the girl would smirk to . 

Their last plan before they go home was to try ferris wheel because it'll look good at night, but things didn't go as it planned because Yoohyeon suddenly had a hard time breathing. 

She felt more pain this time, it's as if the thorns are starting piercing into her lungs, it hurts all of sudden that it made her fell on her knees. Her friends panicked and they immediately went back to Yoohyeon's apartment. 

Bora told Minji to go home and she'll be the one who will take care of their friend, at first the latter argue and said she wants to take care of Yoohyeon too. But the said girl also told her to go home, and that she'll be fine with Bora on her side. 

She'd be lying if she'll say she didn't felt sad and upset when Yoohyeon said that. But she can't do anything about it, so she just went home despite being worried about her friend. 

"B-bora..." Yoohyeon weakly called the older's name, the latter immediately went towards her only to see the younger showing flower buds and petals in her trembling hands, with bloods included in it.

Bora can only cover her own mouth, trying not to cry but she failed to do so. She knows what it means, she knows it got worsen and she can't do anything to help her friend from this endless suffering.

"W-why is there a blood?" The younger asked, not only her hands were trembling but also her lips and she felt like her body is getting weaker.

Bora did not respond and guided her friend towards the sink to wash her bloody hands.

"P-please answer me..."

The older cried even more when she heard the desperation from the voice of her friend, "It m-means your situation is getting worse and... your time limit is getting shorter."

And that statement made Yoohyeon tears fell simultaneously. 

"Minji reciprocating your love, is not the only solution for hanahaki disease." Bora said, "You need to understand that not everyone can love you the same way you love them, but that doesn't mean that you're unlovable, and that you are not loved by people. Try to fight and don't let this freaking disease kill you!" 

"H-how can you be so sure that it's another solution to overcome hanahaki disease?" Yoohyeon asked.

"I'm not really sure but it happened to me... I didn't let my insecure thoughts eat and control my system because it will worsen the disease." Bora answered, "Just stop suffocating yourself by overthinking, I don't want you to die and... if Minji can't love you, there are other people willing to love you." 

Yoohyeon didn't respond, she just cried silently. She can't imagine herself loving someone else aside from Minji, although she knows loving the girl would cause her too much pain and it could kill her slowly. 

"Y-you have a hanahaki disease too? Who's the cause?" She asked when she realized what Bora said. 

"You don't need to know, just rest." Bora guided Yoohyeon to her room and when she was about to leave her, the latter grip on her hand. 

"Please don't leave me, Bora."

The older can never resist her most favorite friend, and even if she's upset, she'll stay if Yoohyeon asked her to. She sat down next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter