made it to the shore (sewol)

Harsh March
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun closed her eyes and let the cold breeze hit her skin, slightly blowing the bottom hem of her flowy yellow dress.

She was peacefully standing at the shore of the famous Jeju beach when her hat flew from her head and towards another direction.

She tried to chase it, but she must’ve been running too slow because someone caught it before she could even get close to it.

Opposite from her direction was a girl wearing her high school uniform.

The said girl bent down to pick up the hat on the sand, which eventually was in front of her toes.

Joohyun took small unsteady steps while the other girl smiled at her and skipped her way to meet halfway.

“I believe this is yours?” the highschool student extended her arm holding the woman’s possession, handing it over in return.

But Joohyun just stared at her.

She stared long enough to make her eyes water and redden.

 

Maybe it was the wind, maybe there was particles of sand that got blown into her eyes that caused her to become teary.

 

Maybe her feet were aching from standing there the whole day.

 

Or maybe it was her emotions and the other girl.

 

After a long pause, Joohyun stepped closer, still not accepting the hat.

But she took the student’s hand instead. Gently caressing it.

“You feel so warm” her voice came out shaky and low, almost like a whisper into the thin air.

“Thank god you’re warm. I thought you were freezing out there” her hand was joined by her other hand and hold the unknown girl’s, firmly.

“Seulgi” Joohyun called the student.

The girl pulled her hand and wore the neglected hat above Joohyun’s head.

“I was waiting for you, what took you so long to get here?” the girl named Seulgi said, pouting after she fixed the strands of hair covering Joohyun’s face.

“Seulgi” Joohyun called again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter