Sunrise

Sunrise

“Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?”

 

A feminine and genuine voice startled Sana that she almost let go of her phone and almost drop it off by the bay. She then turned her head to her right and found a smiling, pale girl with her hoodie, bottle of water, and phone and earphones on her hands. She thinks she also came for a morning jog that early like she does. She doesn’t know if the girl is referring to her so she roam her eyes around and saw that it’s just the two of them there and there’s no way the girl is talking to someone because her phone is on her hand, so she assume it’s her.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I just want to ask if you want to watch the sunrise with me because you know, it’s more beautiful if you watch it with someone, even with just a stranger like me”

 

The girl suddenly made Sana chuckle (though she admits someone, even just a stranger, can make her smile and happy instantly) and it formed a sweet smile on the other.

 

“Really? Okay.”

 

They walk awkwardly until they found a bench in the center part of the bay and sat as they watch the sun slowly rise up. They watch the breathtaking sight of the sun floating up from the horizon with the colors of the skies turning into yellow and orange. It’s majestic to see and the girl beside her is right, it is indeed more beautiful to see it unfold in front of your very eyes with someone.

 

“Do you know that there are three possible metaphorical meanings of sunrise?”

 

Sana hums as a signal for the girl to continue. She’s just busy admiring the beauty of nature it currently gives them.

 

“Sunrise can be a meaning of beauty. It can be visibly seen through our eye and it is absolutely stunning to look at, right? It feels like it shows the beauty of the world, the beauty of the nature and how amazing everything is around you because it gives light—a glowing light, and a light feeling, as well.”

 

She then agrees to the girl and the latter continued with the second meaning of sunrise.

 

“It can also be a meaning of rebirth. Sunrise means there is another day to start and to start everything fresh and new. It’s like a definition of flourishing as a person, in all aspects because new day means new adventures and it gives more time for us to be alive again. Sunrise tells us that every single day is worth living because of different and unique memories and moments we will build and experience for the whole day.”

 

“Okay. And then?”

 

“And sunrise is a metaphorical definition of hope. It’s my most favorite definition because it tells us that every morning that will come to us brings hope, that everything is possible in every single day in our lives if we believe in it and sunrise just tells us everything about it. It tells us to brighten our moods up because every day is a journey with hope in all of us. It’s just so beautiful”

 

“Yeah, it’s beautiful”

 

Sana’s heart just melted while looking straight to the girl, explaining everything (probably) about the thing she loves the most. She personally thinks the way she explains everything with sparkles in her eyes while looking at the sunrise in front of them is just so wonderful, much more majestic than the sunrise itself because she thinks she knows everything about it, she loves everything about it.

 

After that encounter, she cannot help but to think about her every time the sunrise comes.

 

When Sana decided to go much farther away than the bay, that’s when she decided to drive to the sea and just jog near the vicinity. She doesn’t know what’s gotten to her because it truly will not cause her more amount of sweat that she needs to release from her body because she will ride her car going there and going back home, but she thinks she just needed to feel the fresh air and some vitamin sea. She left her apartment 30 minutes after the clock strikes 4 in the morning.

 

The sea breeze welcomed her when she finally arrives and she immediately started listening to her jog playlist and jogging just near the sea, feeling the breeze it gives that makes her skin shiver. After an hour or so when she felt the tiredness, she walks, going to the nearest bench and breathe for a while, she thinks she just had the right amount of jog that morning.

 

“Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?”

 

Sana was literally startled and immediately hold her chest, almost had a heart attack because that someone appeared out of nowhere asking her the same question. Good thing she didn’t have the idea of drinking some water, if not, she already spilled it to the girl. When she calmed down and the girl beside her just waited for her breathing to become normal again, that’s when she asked her again.

 

“Hi. We met again. What a coincidence. Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?”

 

She enthusiastically said yes and they got closer this time, enjoyed watching the sunrise while the girl, which she finally known by the name of Dahyun, continued telling about how wonderful the sunrise is and the possible definitions of it.

 

It’s just their second time meeting personally, but they have already become comfortable with one another that makes them think that the sunrise gave them something like a potion that made them become instantly close as if they are long lost best friends.

 

In that span of time, Sana already knew that Dahyun is fond of sunrise other than those people who prefer sunsets because just like what she shared on their first meeting, she likes the fact that it gives hope and it’s the first thing she see so early in the morning, starting the day with such bright smile on her face because of the magnificent sunrise. And right then and there, she slowly understands why the girl loves it so much.

 

Sana understood what Dahyun meant with watching the sunrise with someone is better than watching it alone. She understood every word she meant while explaining what is sunrise for her and how she sees the world so beautifully because of it. The girl and the whole sunrise moment don’t leave her mind and soul as it helps her have a good night’s sleep, wake up in the morning feeling relaxed and not panicking right away because she has to face her officemates again. She totally gets the metaphoric definition of it because Dahyun keep on appearing in her dreams, as if saying that she deserves happiness, serenity, and assurance.

 

Ever since she met the girl coincidentally two times in a row in her not so worse, but still worse state, she’s grateful, to be honest. She doesn’t know that there will be someone who will make her realize that life is actually worth living for, that every single day that comes to her life is a blessing because she still wakes up in the morning, being able to open her eyes, breathe, and witness the splendid sunrise that surely makes her day a lot better, that there is someone who loves the sunrise so much that even if they do not personally know each other, she can already know her personality just by that one thing.

 

The girl taught her to appreciate the underrated sunrise more than the sunset and how the sunrise itself also taught her that there will always be new beginnings in her life and she doesn’t need to think about any negative things around her because it’s not literally worth her time and effort, totally not worth it. There’s basically so much lessons she got from the girl given to the fact that they really do not know each other. There’s just something about them that pushes the both of them into each other even without knowing it. It’s like they are fated to love the sunrise and become closer because of that.

 

It actually removes her stress and exhaustion from all over her system, that’s why she’s grateful. When she thinks that she’s about to explode, she will immediately think of that serene feeling the sunrise gives her, how calming it is thinking about the sea breeze and the warm feeling while watching the sun slowly goes up to his position up in the skies, how amazing it is because it can rapidly calm her down, make her feel that she’s safe, giving her an assurance that everything will be okay, that she got everything in her hands and she will make it, that a certain day will be a great day once she got to witness the sunrise and start the day by smiling.

 

And as for Dahyun, she just learned to love the sunrise when something happened to her. It was unbearable if not for the morning sun, who slowly approached her and whispered to her that she will be okay, that she will recover, that she can stand up and move forward again. Though there’s so many negative thoughts running in her mind—she’s not deserving, she’s not worth everything, she’s a no one, the sun just told her otherwise. It showed her how life is beautiful and worth-living, though in the first few tries, she still hates everything around her and she used to blame herself for what is happening in her life, the sunrise tells her the opposite.

 

She can barely breathe most of the times, always panicking, always thinking there is someone behind her who chases her, always feeling that it’s her fault why she still can’t move on from the trauma she got from her parents’ separation and divorce, anything that happened to her whole family. She almost didn’t survive all of the whispers that blame her, that tells her she’s a bad person, that makes her feel that she doesn’t deserve to live anymore and she’s trying, she’s trying so hard to get out of that phase because she wanted to let go of everything already, wants to end everything already.

 

She was about to do that—the last thing she wants to do when she’s so desperate and cannot control it anymore, already finished climbing up the stairs and reached the rooftop when she eventually see the magnificent colors of the skies and the sun slowly goes up that gives a majestic view of the whole city. Her tears suddenly started falling down nonstop, the sunrise instantly stopped her from her plans and instead, comforted her, let her cry and contemplate about her life, let her realize about everything that is happening to her and calmed her down eventually.

 

The sunrise lets her cope with everything in her life. It gives her hope in every single day that she is living and she is very thankful for that. If not for the beauty of sunrise, maybe she already gave up a long time ago, but here she is now, staying strong and doing everything just so she can keep on moving forward, even if she knows that something will still eventually come to her life, she doesn’t care about that anymore, as long as she will live healthy and happy, even if she’s living alone. The only thing that matters to her the most currently is that she’s enjoying every sunrise she experience in her life.

 

Sana and Dahyun had an agreement after they met coincidentally for the 3rd time in their neighborhood during sunrise, they promised to try their best to keep on watching the sunrise together and start the day with each other. It’s one of their ways why they became extremely close to one another; not just because they think they immediately clicked and has the similar love for sunrise, but also because they learned about each other a lot on those times. Though there are many things to consider because they do not know each other’s background and they just met by the bay after their morning jogging routine and Dahyun’s random question, they still give it a go.

 

And besides, they both think that every moment spent with one another is worth it, is precious, is lovely. It gives them a unique feeling and they love everything about it. Every sunrise to them is special because it means that even if they will not spend the whole day with one another, they already started it beside each other and that’s enough for them to feel motivated and not to feel exhausted in their respective jobs. Having each other means feeling inspired in their own line of work knowing that there’s someone who is proud of them, who is rooting for them, who is giving them hope like the sunrise that tells them everything will be okay in no time.

 

During the days when they both do not have work, that’s when they agree to watch the sunrise far away from the city and maybe stay a little longer for breakfast, as well.

 

The first time they did it was when they decided to have a road trip so early in the morning, hence when they decide to have a stopover at some place where the sunrise is the most beautiful and pleasing to look at, they will not regret that they got up early because the view in front of them is so worth it.

 

“You can sleep while we’re on our way to anywhere, Sana. I can manage.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I want to accompany you. Besides, it’s my plan.”

 

“Okay, if that’s what you want.”

 

Sana connected her phone to the Bluetooth speaker on Dahyun’s car and started playing her soft city pop playlist that is just so suitable with their twilight road trip, moreover because they are already comfortable with each other and therefore they do not have any reason to be awkward and ask for things anymore because their actions just comes out naturally to them.

 

In the first 10 songs in Sana’s playlist that they both learned to love, as well, they both sing along with the artists and even feeling the calming atmosphere as they can see the fog forming in the window car because of the twilight breeze that they surely love. However, when her playlist starts to become mellower, she slowly gets fond of the shotgun seat and the fluffy pillow Dahyun brought her, she falls into slumber and the younger just chuckled at her.

 

“Good night, sleepyhead.”

 

Dahyun took a last glance at the sleeping Sana by her side and tuck her hair on her ear before she put her full focus again on the road.

 

Fifteen minutes before the clock strikes 5 and Dahyun eventually decided to stop the car in some stopover place that is most likely famous to tourists, but it’s a miracle that there’s not many people there because there’s only 3 to 4 parked cars there.

 

“Good morning, princess”

 

“Dahyunie?”

 

“We’re here. Let’s go outside?”

 

Sana clings into Dahyun’s arms when they went outside and sat at the café while waiting for their morning coffee and traditional breakfast they ordered right away. They decided to sit outside to feel the breeze and the lovely atmosphere as they watch the sun slowly rise up to its position and the color of the skies slowly turn into bright ones.

 

“Mornings with you is really the best, Dahyun”

 

The second time they tried to go far away to watch the sunrise is when they go to the sea on a Saturday morning and decided to ditch their overtime, extra day at work since they just want to relax the whole day and they just don’t feel like going to their work that day.

 

“Are you really sure you will come with me, Miss Kim Dahyun also known as Miss Kim ‘Workaholic’ Dahyun?”

 

“Do you want me to back out and leave you here?”

 

They are not far away from Sana’s apartment yet and they also used Dahyun’s car for the second time to travel that’s why that question just made Sana giggle.

 

“I’m just joking. I know that you love spending your precious time with me”

 

“Excuse me, Miss Minatozaki?”

 

“Why? Did you forget something on your own apartment? Did you forget your phone in my flat?”

 

Dahyun closed her eyes and took a deep breath, tries to calm herself down because she knows the girl is just messing with her at 4 in the morning.

 

“Kidding, baby. Why are you mad already? I’m not doing anything yet”

 

Sana acts cutely in front of Dahyun that is surely destructing the girl from driving because (1) she called her baby, (2) she’s so adorable she might suddenly kiss her, (3) did her heart just fluttered because of what just happened in just a span of one minute? She doesn’t think so. Dahyun shook her head and continued driving afterwards, not minding the whining Sana beside her that keeps on playing with her free hand.

 

“Wake up, sleepyhead. We’re here.”

 

“Already?”

 

The older then look outside the window and never thought she fell asleep again. She then check their surroundings and they indeed arrived at their destination already that instantly gave her a serotonin boost.

 

“Let’s go, Dahyunie!”

 

They went outside and spread the picnic blanket in the sand as they are just right in time to witness their favorite part in every morning that comes into their lives: the sunrise (and being with their favorite person; they just don’t admit it yet).

 

Another moment they spend out of town just to watch the sunrise is when they decided to climb up a mountain the afternoon before they actually watch the sunrise since it’s really dangerous to go up during evening or dawn and it is strictly prohibited to go to that place during those hours, but overnight is okay as long as they stay with pretty much huge amount of people.

 

“You can have the extra blanket, Sana. It’s not that cold, so I’m okay without it”

 

Dahyun gave her an assuring smile and put the blanket atop of her as if tucking a little girl to her bed at night and she lay down beside her afterwards.

 

“You know it’s more okay if we just share it, though. I don’t mind.”

 

Instead of literally just spreading the blanket, Sana also spread her arms in Dahyun’s side that made her side hug the latter instead and made the both of them blush. However, Sana likes skinship and therefore she continued what she is doing and completely hug the younger.

 

“It’s warmer beside you, Dahyunie”

 

It made Dahyun’s heart beat so fast that she had a trouble in sleeping that night because the girl decided to hug her until she’s sleeping peacefully beside her, clinging to her arms.

 

The younger’s alarm then started sounding loudly and it immediately woke Dahyun up. She then suddenly realized that she eventually fell asleep that she is grateful for since she never thought that she will because of her unusual heartbeat that feels like she’s having a palpitation when she never drank coffee yet. She softly woke the ever so pretty sleeping Sana beside her and even hearing her little snores that makes her giggle.

 

“The sun is about to rise, but you’re still not getting up, princess”

 

Sana slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw when she woke up is Dahyun’s bare beauty so close to her that it immediately formed a sweet smile on her face.

 

“Good morning, pretty”

 

They wore their padded jackets as they went outside their camping tents and was welcomed by the breathtaking view of the mountains and the glorious sunrise that just makes their heart so warm because it is so nice to experience all of that with each other which is, for the record, a first for the both of them and they are definitely glad because they went there together.

 

“Now I can say that this is my most favorite part and favorite sunrise memory. Thank you for bringing me here, Dahyunie.”

 

Sana then put her head on Dahyun’s shoulder because she feels so warm the most there. Dahyun cannot help but feel so warm inside and out because she can feel how genuinely happy she is just because of Sana’s existence and everything about her just makes her happy and contented in general.

 

With those moments watching the sunrise on their free time, they have made sentimental memories together that they promised to keep and cherish for the rest of their lives. It already made a special place in their hearts and eventually became a habit because being with each other first thing in the morning gives them a light and assuring feeling for the whole day.

 

“Sana, I want to ask you something”

 

“Yeah? Go ahead, Dahyunie”

 

Dahyun took a deep breath, removed her focus on the beautiful sunrise in front of them and instead, focused on the more beautiful view she have ever seen in her life that is Sana (most beautiful, even).

 

“Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?”

 

Sana giggled that immediately brighten up Dahyun’s whole world and removed her nervousness because it was replaced with assurance.

 

“What kind of question of that? Of course, I always want to watch the sunrise with you”

 

“Then ask me why I want to watch the sunrise with you.”

 

“What’s gotten into you?”

 

She was curious but she can also sense the excitement in Dahyun’s face so she just obeyed her.

 

“Why do you always want to keep watching the sunrise with me, Dahyun?”

 

“Because I want to watch a million more sunrises with you for a long time, Sana”

 

Dahyun’s tone was genuine that it instantly made Sana’s heart melt because just like the first time she met her when she had sparkles in her eyes while talking about her most favorite thing in the whole world, the girl also looks at her like that, or much more than that because it is visible that she is happy even just by looking at her eyes.

 

Absorbing Dahyun’s words gives a feeling of cloud nine to Sana because there’s assurance, comfort, warmth, love, everything that she could ask for in her life, home. Her words feel like a promise she will surely keep for the rest of her life and even if she hates being emotional so early in the morning, she cannot help but shed a tear because really, Dahyun feels so much home to her.

 

“What are you trying to say? Why are you making me cry so early in the morning? I hate you.”

 

“What I’m trying to say is… I want to watch more sunrise with you because I want to spend more days with you. I want to wake up so close to you, I want to be with you every time of the day. I want to stay beside you. I want you and only you.”

 

“I still don’t get i—“

 

“Sana, I love you so much. I love you more than sunrise, I love you more than anything and everything. I love you very much, Minatozaki Sana that my heart is going to explode and I want to kis—“

 

She was interrupted right away when the sobbing Sana suddenly kissed her so passionately that it made her heart so close in bursting out because everything that just happened is so surreal that she feels like she’s still dreaming, but then she can feel Sana’s sweet lips on hers that is an enough reason for her to believe that she is indeed living in reality.

 

“I love you more than sunrise, Kim Dahyun”

 

Their love story started with the question “Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?” until it reach to “I love you more than sunrise” as they officially became girlfriends. It’s actually not an easy journey, but they can say that it is truly worth it because they can finally come home in each other’s arms.

 

Their sunrise journey continued despite their busy schedules in their respective works because they decided to just share an apartment just like those cliché stories where they share a place when they finally became partners.

 

“Another sunrise, another day with you”

 

Dahyun enchantingly smiled at her as she said those words to her girlfriend who is busy admiring the spectacle view in front of them, their personal favorite.

 

They are currently in their bedroom because they are both lazy to stand up to actually watch the sunrise outside or wherever they want to so they just stay there. Besides, the apartment they decided to buy has an amazing view of the sunrise so it is visible from their bedroom that doesn’t give them any complications in watching it. Also, they want some extra time to cuddle before they got off to work that is also one of the reasons why they agreed to just stay there.

 

“You know, I’m really glad to have met you in this life, Sana.”

 

“Why?”

 

“So many reasons. Should I enumerate all of them?”

 

“Silly.”

 

“But really. I’m just so grateful that I gained my courage back then and asked you that question that brought the both of us here.”

 

“I’m grateful too, Dahyun. I’m really grateful, too. I’m glad to meet someone like you in this life that is just so wonderful and amazing and ethereal and genuine and pure and warm person. I never thought that I’ll meet someone like you and that I actually got to be with you.”

 

“Why are you making me blush?”

 

“The colors of your cheeks are somehow similar to the color of the skies. Look, Dahyunie!”

 

Ever since they shared a flat, their mornings are just full of laughter, sweetness and positivity in the air because they like to tease each other a lot, or most of the times, just cuddle each other when they woke up.

 

Dahyun also sometimes wake up extra early than their usual waking up time to watch the sunrise just so she can cook some breakfast for her girlfriend. It is a simple gesture that she absolutely loves to do for her because once she see that sweet smile of hers first thing in the morning not just because of the sunrise but also because of the smiling face in her plate (that consists of bacons, eggs, and some kimchi), it easily makes her at ease and gives her a motivation for the whole day.

 

When she randomly thinks of cooking for Sana, she gets out from bed extra careful because her girlfriend really likes to cling to her until they are asleep so it is a bit hard for her to remove her arms on her chest and she’s also a light sleeper like her so she really need to make sure that she does not make any noticeable noise or else her mini surprise will not be a surprise anymore.

 

Though Sana has been already aware whenever Dahyun gets off their bed because she can’t feel something warm beside her anymore, she will just smile and go back to sleep, until her girlfriend will eventually wake her up for breakfast in bed while watching the sunrise.

 

“Why are you sweet as honey when it’s just early in the morning, Dahyunie? Are there any occasions?”

 

“Am I not allowed to cook breakfast for my girlfriend while she enjoys the sunrise?”

 

Dahyun pouted that she knows Sana cannot resist giving a peck instantly and will earn the younger a naughty smile.

 

“I didn’t say anything about that. You surely know that I love your cooking and I love the sunrise as much as I love you, Dahyun”

 

They will share a sweet kiss to start their day as they eat their breakfast in a comfortable silence after the sun finally has risen up.

 

Most of the times, they watch the sunrise from their terrace because it is the best feature their apartment can give because at night, they can fully see the city lights that removes their exhaustion from their corresponding works, they can also enjoy the sunset when they come home extra early, and most importantly, they can absolutely adore the sunrise from there while they share a cup of coffee and sit at the bench provided there. They personally think that it’s just so nice being there for a moment as they start the day because just like the definition of sunrise for them that is hope, it also personally gives them hope because being there means everything around them is real and everything about them is amazing to think that they still have each other.

 

When it is a Sunday morning and they both do not have any work, that’s when they stay the most at their balcony and talk about life, instead of doing it late at night while asking the stars above them that is usual and a little bit cliché to couples. They want it that way, they want to be unique, so they do it during the morning.

 

“What’s one question you want to ask the universe if ever you will have the chance?”

 

Dahyun will randomly ask questions like that, that will surely make Sana curious and answer her question seriously.

 

“Me? I don’t know. It’s maybe… what did I do in my past life to deserve someone like you? Like those leads in dramas asking their partners when everything about them feels so surreal.”

 

The younger will then chuckle at her, but will make their hands intertwine with each other as she kiss the girl on her temple.

 

“I do believe that we’re brought by fate and we deserve each other, Sana.”

 

The girl always gives her an assurance that their love for each other is long lasting and Sana never fails to show her appreciation and love to the girl because ever since she came into her life, it seems like everything seems so light. And as for Dahyun, the voice that whispers to her was suddenly gone and she personally thinks that Sana is an angel who removed all of it for her. They are grateful for each other’s existence that is undeniably a blessing they can refer to; also their favorite thing that happened in their life.

 


“Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?”

 

Dahyun asks one day, the usual energetic tone was gone and Sana wants to asks why, wants to know the reason why the girl needs to ask when she already know the answer, wants to know what’s wrong with her voice, wants to know if she’s feeling something unusual, but then she set it all aside and still gave her sweet smile and sweet yes to the girl as they walk going to their terrace 10 minutes before the clock strikes 5 in the morning.

 

By then, the sun is most probably had risen by a little inch perhaps, but they both don’t care, as long as they can still witness how the color of the skies slowly turns into bright colors, and they can still feel the tranquillity it feels, moreover because they are beside each other.

 

Dahyun then holds Sana’s hand and intertwine it with hers. It just fits perfectly that it immediately made her smile as she squeeze it softly. She thinks it’s just amusing to have Sana by her side who help her cope with everything she have been having complications with. She thought that the sunrise is the one who helped her get through everything, but she’s wrong because that day when she was about to end everything, it’s not just the sunrise that she saw that made her stop what she is doing, but it is also the girl who looks at her with such sadness in her eyes as if she will be sad if she will be gone in this world.

 

She’s beyond grateful for Sana and a simple thank you is not enough because she literally saved her life. She became an anchor to Dahyun. She always supports her and cheers for her. She is always rooting for her and makes sure she is always by her side to let her know that she will not be alone and lonely anymore, that she will not leave her alone and she will not go anywhere, just beside her. Sana did not fail to make her realize that life is worth living because she’s living for the girl and it is an enough reason to keep moving forward.

 

“Hey, why are you suddenly crying?”

 

The heaviness of Dahyun’s tears is visible because it instantly made Sana cry as well and she doesn’t know, but the latter can feel that something bad will happen, that something will happen that cannot be aided just by the sunrise and the “everything will be okay” message from it. Sana’s guts tell otherwise and she doesn’t want to believe any of it because it surely breaks her heart.

 

“Please always remember that you’re the best thing that ever happened to me. You’re my one and only. You’re a blessing and you make everything worth it. I love everything about you—I love how you always make me feel warm, safe, protected. I love how you always give an assurance just by your sweet smile, comforting hands, and warm hugs. I love how you changed my life for the better. Baby, I love you so much. I love you more than sunrise, Sana.”

 

“Don’t make me cry, come on now. Are you proposing to me or something? The last time you made me cry so early in the morning was when you asked me if I want to be your girlfriend and what now, Dahyun?”

 

“I’m sorry I can’t be by your side for a long time like I promised, Sana”

 

“No, please don’t. Don’t say it, Dahyun.”

 

“Thank you for saying yes, baby. I’m glad to watch another sunrise with you. I’m sorry I can’t keep my promise of watching it with you for a million times more.”

 

Sana let Dahyun’s head rest on her shoulders while their hands are still intertwined and there are still tears on their faces. The younger’s hand is already cold and she cannot feel her heartbeat anymore as the sun had risen up to its usual day position. It made her cry more because sunrise is supposed to be full of hope for the both of them. They are just starting their day and yet it feels like they are ending already.

 

Their journey started with the question “Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?” and ends with the same question, as well. Sana’s heart breaks into million pieces because she didn’t expect any of that at all. It happened all at once and she was not ready for all of that, she’s not ready losing the most important person in her life in the most important time of her life.

 

Eric Jerome Dickey once said, “Every day, a million miracles begin at sunrise.” Sana remembers that Dahyun told her that quote and she wants to believe in his words, wants to believe in every word in that phrase because there’s also someone who told her that sunrise means having hope, rebirth, and beauty all in one.

 

However, how can she believe that nonsense quotation when the person who made her realize all of those things are now gone? How will she believe that another miracle will begin at sunrise? Will it bring Dahyun back to life? Will she have the love of her life back? Will she able to hug Dahyun for another time and hear her say I love you? The answer is obvious and that’s why Sana doesn’t want to believe anything about sunrise anymore (but she just can’t no matter how hard she tries to).

 

“Do you want to watch the sunrise with me?”

 

She asked and whispered to herself, tears escaped in her eyes as she remember the voice of the love of her life, not wanting to forget everything about her and the sunrise even if it still emotionally affects her.

 

“Another sunrise, another day without you”

 

Sana glanced in the empty space beside her before she fully give her attention back to the sunrise that is not magnificent for her anymore, if not for the person who made her believe that the sunrise is the most beautiful view in the world because she’s actually wrong, the most beautiful view Sana have ever seen in the world in her entire life is now gone and she still cannot move on because it still freaking hurts watching the sunrise, having another day without Dahyun.