Breathe with me

Breathe with me

It was 3 in the morning. She was standing on the edge of the bridge while holding on the rails. She looked far away then down to the flowing body of water. Slowly, she bent down to untie her sneakers and slowly removed her shoes.

She tried to blink away the tears in her eyes but it just kept on flowing. Feeling all her kept pain, all the disappointmentsa and exhaustion, she started to climb up the railings. She had never felt so defeated until now. Trembling, she started climbing up the railings when she felt someone touch her arms.

"Dara, no. Please. No." A very familiar voice made her still. He was begging. As if he knows all her hidden feelings, all her secrets. She looked at the person who touched her. Slowly, she felt herself going back to reality.

"Jiyong..." she whispered, almost inaudible

"Baby, oh god. No. Please." He wrapped his arms around her and brought her down. She fell limp on his arms. They were both silent for a minute until she started sobbing.

He felt all the pain in her sobs which got louder and louder every second.

"Stay with me. Please. Don't leave." He knows all of her demons. All her struggles trying to fight in this cruel world. All her battles. All this time he just kept quiet but he never left her side. And now he regrets not speaking up. He should have said something. He should have not been all actions. He knew he needed to hear words of encouragement. Thinking about what could have happened to the love of his life, she also started crying.

Dara, still sobbing, started apologizing. "I'm sorry, Ji. It's too much. I am beyond exhausted. Please. Let me go." Feeling overwhelmed of what's happening, he tightened his hold.

"Baby, please. No. We'll fight your demons. Please don't give up on yourself, on us." He put his head on the crook of her neck while crying silently, trying to get a hold of himself. He needed to get a hold of himself.

He did not hear any answer from Dara but he knows she will not go, not yet at least.

"I love you. I love you so damn much. We'll fight. Let's not give up. I am here. I am always here. I'm sorry, love." He whispered on her ears, enough for her to hear.

He felt her nod. He knows this will never be the last. He knows it will only take some time before her demons get into her again. But he promised himself and Dara that he will always be by her side, never letting her feel alone. He will never let the love of her life lose her battle.