Morning Call

Star, Shine Bright.

It was morning, and  you’d woken up to your daughter crying from the baby monitor. It’s summer, the cool air of the A/C covers your body, you stare at the ceiling and quietly get out of bed. You slowly make your way from your bed, next door to where your little one sleeps. Your daughter cries up a fit until you into view--then she’s babbling, spitting up bubbles and with tears staining her little face. You smell milk and the faintest hint of baby power and rose from your daughter as you pick her up.

She reaches for your face and you take her little hand and cover it with smooches.

“Byeol-ah. My little baby, why’re you crying? Are you hungry?” You coo softly holding the little person who you somehow gave birth into your arms. As you begin to nurse, you hear your phone ring.

“Hello?”

“Y/N, It must be morning in Korea, right?” A man’s husky voice you recognize as your boyfriend Namjoon replies. You, balancing holding the child latched onto you and putting the phone on speaker.

“You know it is. How’s work?”

He chuckles.

“I just finished a show. I should be back after a while. How’s my two girls?”

As if just alerted to her dad’s voice, your daughter begins to squeal happily

“Byeol-ah, my pretty girl. Daddy misses you and Mommy. Kiss~”

You giggle, watching and laughing along with you on the phone.

“ Don’t be silly. You must be tired, right? I won’t keep you...”

“Ah, no...I miss you. So much. Ah...I miss you a lot. Did you miss me, Y/N?”

Although he could see it, you smiled, a bit sadly before replying.

“Of course I do. I understand your work but that doesn’t make me miss you any lesser.”

There’s a bit of silence but you hear a familiar voice, his manager, telling him it’s time to board his flight.

“I have to go, but I’ll see you two soon, alright.”

“Mmmm. I love you.”
“Love you too.”

There’s a click, and you’re left to your own devices once again. You look over at the clock, sighing when you realize it’s eight in the morning.

“You’re an early bird as always, aren’t you?”

When your daughter blows bubbles in response, you shake your head groggily.

“Come on baby, Mama wants breakfast.”