That went well,Whew!

Best Part

"You sure you gave the right adress to him?", Seungcheol asked for the second time. "Pretty sure since he goes to that park every weekend.", Jihun replied letting out a frustrated sigh, "Listen hyung, stop being so paranoid, Jeonghan hyung has a little punctuality problem." "But-","And yes! He knows the spot, under the tree with white paint on its trunk, infront of the bench, right?" "Right, okay. Sorry I disturbed. Get back to your work, I'll see you tomorrow", Seungcheol finally stopped. Jihun let out a sigh of relief," Okay hyung, Enjoy your date!"

Seungcheol pocketed his phone and waited for Yoon Jeonghan, the guy Jihun set him up with. Its been nearly an year since he last went on a date. His last relationship with a girl was just okay, turns out his biuality leans a little more towards . After toying with the idea of a 'boyfriend' for a few months, he was positive he wanted to date a guy. But it quickly became known to him that apparently boyfriends don't grow on a tree. Blind date was not his first choice but he was also in no position to literally for a 'Man Hunt'. So weeks after confiding in his trusted friend Jihun, he heard of Jeonghan. Through sheer coincidence, he found that Jeonghan was also looking for a romantic relationship. Now unlike him, Jeonghan's uality played for only one party and that was boys, this put some pressure on him. Jeonghan surely must have expectations since he has a lot more experience in men than him. 

'Stop-'

Wow! He did not know he had this much capacity to overthink. He calmed himself down and continued his overthinking but this time tried to be a little more subtle about it.

It was Jeonghan's request that they meet personally for their first date instead of texting as he claimed to be a bad texter. On the contrary, Seungcheol always had a feeling that he left bad first impressions. He hopes that both of them meet halfway. Amid all his thougths, a man in skyblue jeans and a white tee strided up to him and asked in an inquiring tone,"Are you the person who's meeting with Yoon Jeonghan?". He was kind of intimidating and seemed threathening. "Yes and may I ask who are you?", Seungcheol responded carefully. "No, you don't need to know that. When's he gonna arrive?", the man replied swiftly. Okay! The man was definitely threathening, "Then you also don't need to know when he'll come and I'm not gonna tell you so no further questions!", Seungcheol replied, trying to mimic a threatening tone. 

The man was silent for some time, looked him up and down and finally opened his mouth "Fine then let me introduce myself, Hi I'm Yoon Jeonghan your date for today", the man extended his hand with a beautiful smile on his face. "What!",Seungcheol did NOT expect this, "Seriously?", "Yes, I can show my ID if you want", Jeonghan replied slowly lowering his hand left hanging in between them. "Then what was that all about", Seungcheol asked, his pitch a little higher than usual. "Oh, I'm sorry if I alarmed you, but I just wanted to get to know you a little before getting to know you", he replied simply. "Okay that makes sense but your way did not make sense." Jeoghan chuckled at Seungcheol's baffled expression.

This time Seungcheol extended his hand which Jeonghan took while bowing a little, he began," Yeah but it was fun", "For you, maybe" Seungcheol could not help but let out a smile and that's how they began their date. They decided to take a stroll through the park and then grab something to eat later. It really was a beautiful afternoon, the temperature might have increased since the morning but Jeonghan enjoyed the warmth on his skin. 

"So what did you get to know about me before getting to know about me" Seungcheol started their conversation.

"Well, I got to know that you are trustworthy even as a stranger and that you can take a stand for yourself while being moderately polite at the same time", jeonghan replied in a neutral tone.

"'Moderately polite!' Please that was an A+ level of politeness. This is not Busan otherwise my cursing is ear-bleed worthy", Seungcheol replied with a scoff.

"I don't think 'I won't tell you ' counts as an A+ level of politeness", Jeonghan said laughing.

This time both of them burst out laughing. Jeonghan noticed that Seungcheol had a very punctuating high pitched laugh, it was very childlike and also in complete contrast with his normal voice which was deep. 

"You've have got a really heavy accent", Jeonghan stated. It was the first thing he noticed when they met. Well, actually the very first thing he noticed was how 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' Choi Seungcheol was in a pair of dress pants and white button down. His hair, eyes, ears and his , ooohh~ especially his , one could see it miles away, Jihun had good taste. But he's not gonna say all these out loud, at least not yet.

"Yes, my hometown's Busan, I came to Seoul just 7 months ago", Seungcheol replied trying not to sound nervous on his first date with a guy.

"Yeah Jihun told me. Jihun doesn't have much of the accent despite being from Busan"

"He shifted to seoul at a very young age, I think he was 13 when his parents relocated here"

"Hmm. So both of you go way back, right?"

"Yeah, he was an alone child and we were neighbours. So me and my older brother had him come over one day. After months of clinging on to him, we finally became friends", Seungcheol replied with a nostalgic smile,"And from this, you can add one more quality to your 'got to know me' list- Perseverance", he ended with a smug smirk on his face. Jeonghan smiled at the sly reply. 

"Can I ask what brought you to seoul?", Jeonghan asked him

"I actually got a job as an assistance coach for the natiobal Volleyball team. Before this, I coached the volleyball team in Busan."

Jeonghan stopped dead in his tracks," What! You are a national coach?!", Jeonghan whisper-shouted at him.

Seungcheol was flattered by Jeonghan's reaction," Yes", he replied while scratching his ear in embarrassment. 

"Oh my god! That's so impressive. There must be so much competition in the field of sports. And to be coaching the national team, representing our country, you must be incredibly talented at what you do." Jeonghan exlaimed breathlessly.

"Thank you." Seungcheol replied lowly, his ears turned a pretty shade of red now. Wow, he hadn't received such a nice, contructive compliment in a long time. It made him feel capable and confident. 

"So what was the criteria for selection? Did the selecting committee considered the profile of athletes individually or was there a tournament for the position of assistant coach?", Jeonghan was genuinely interested.

"There was a tournament between 17 state coaches who had applied for the post."

"And you beat them all! That is amazing!" Jeonghan exlaimed excitedly.

Seungcheol again turned red at all the attention, Jeonghan was really generous with compliments. Wanting to divert the attention, he asked Jeonghan about his profession.

"I work as an Architect. I design that outer and the infrastructure of buildings." Jeonghan answered.

"Wow that sounds like it requires a lot of creativity! Any notable builings that I might know of?" Seungcheol asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know if you'd recognize but the building under construction, near the train station, is lead by my team. The project was offered to my company almost an year ago."

"Oh yes, the building infront of the Pizzahut. It was the first thing I saw the moment I got off the train station, when I reached Seoul."

"Yep! that one"

So far Seungcheol was enjoying his date a lot. Yoon Jeonghan was a very handsome man with his wavy dark brown hair and his high cheekbones. Seungcheol could not take his eyes off him albeit being nervous. He had such an attractive aura around him, his charming nature was so easy to follow. His personality was the best part about him. 

After walking around the park for 40 minutes, they decided to have evening snacks at a nearby cafe. The place was a bit overcrowded but they managed to find seats beside the window. The enviornment inside was kind of humid but the delicious smell of baked goods made up for it. jeonghan ordered a vanilla pastry with iced tea and Seungcheol went for some honey toasts and a latte.

"Is there any dietery restriction for you being a coach?", Jeonghan started the conversation while taking a bite of his pastry.

"Yeah, we are not allowed a lot of caffiene and junk food", Seungcheol replied,"Too bad since I like snacking a lot, especially at night."

"You and Jihun are alike in so many ways. He always makes me go with him to 24/7 open convinience stores when he's working late at studio", Jeonghan replied smiling.

"Yeah, he told me. Actually this was the first thing he told me about you. You know, for him, this is the reason he loves you.", Seungcheol said while smiling cheekily.

"I know, I can practically see the love drip from his eyes when I tag along and that too without complaining", Jeonghan smiled fondly," By the way, did you get a chance to meet his friend circle yet?"

"As a matter of fact, I have! But only twice, I have been pretty busy up until last month with the move in and everything. If I remember correctly, there was a dance instructed named Soonyoung, the photograper Wonwoo, the medical student Dokyeom and Vernon who studies composing alongside Jihun"

"Yup. I see that you have not yet met Jun and Chan who also work in Soonyoung's dance academy."

"Ah yes, Jihun mentioned them."

"Did you ever get time to just roam the city and mingle or were you too busy with the training?", Jeonghan asked feeling a little bad for him.

"There's no need to feel bad", Seungcheol replied sensing the tone,"I did but only a few times. Jihun showed me around. I'm required to be present in the academy a lot since I'm new here and I've got a pretty good team." Seungcheol smiled at him.

"Oh yeah? What's your team like?"

"They are amazing, I actually got to bond with them in the past 5 months. I took them out to dinners and I even got to catch movies with some of the players"

"So who's your favourite?" Jeonghan asked, making it sound scandalous.

"No no no, coaches don't get to pick favourites!," Seungcheol replied laughing,"Although there's Seungkwan, the center of the team, he's a really caring person. He was the first to offer me a tour around the campus."

"It's nice to hear that. I bet the backstory of each and every player must be very different.", Jeonghan said wondering.

"Yes that's true. Most of the players had to fight either the society or their own family to get where they are today"

"What about about you? Did you fight anyone?" Jeonghan asked quietly.

Seungcheol smiled and shook his head," I'm really fortunate to have a very supporting family and village."

Jeonghan smiled back. The proceedings of the evening and their conversations had exceeded Jeonghan's expectations, but also he had zero expectations to begin with. 

"So I had a really good first date." Jeonghan said after Seungcheol had finished eating.

"Wait, what? This was your first date with a guy?", Seungcheol asked, confused.

"Yes." Jeonghan answered with a shrug.

It took some time for Seungcheol to put the pieces together," So this was your first date in like ever ?"

"Well yes. Didn't Jihun tell you?", Jeonghan asked while sipping his tea.

"No!" Shock was an understatement, Seungcheol was speechless," You have not dated once in the 27 years of your life?"

"For your information, 26 and a half years and yes I've not, if you exclude the man whom I stood up an year ago. People make a big deal out of dating and over-react when I tell them about not dating, like you are doing now." Jeonghan replied nonchalantly.

"Oh- I'm sorry."Seungcheol apologised, feeling embarrassed.

"It's fine. You are not the first one, you won't believe the number of people I've left because they kept pestering me about this. That's why I like Jihun and his circle, they are not judgemental and also because they are completely in love me." Jeonghan smirked, tilting his head cockily.

"Still I'm sorry."

"That's okay", Jeonghan smiled at him. 

His smile was beautiful, with a lot effort, Seungcheol took his eyes off him and spoke to distract himself, "I was really worried about Jihun when I first heard about his transfer. Jihun doesn't care a lot about his social life but friends are very important in life. I wanted him to meet good people amd enjoy, it came true. In addition to that, he also found an older brother who took such good care of him. Thank you for taking care of my Jihunie." His eyes glazed reminising teenager Jihun.

"I understand how difficult it must have been for you to let him go to such a big city all alone, Trust me, I enjoy taking care of all of them so much. Those kids have become a very integral part of my life. Besides, I love watching them fight over me. I'm everyone's favourite.", Jeonghan winked at Seungcheol.

"Then who's your favourite among them?" Seungcheol raised an eyebrow.

"Oh no no no, I'm not answering that. that's a trick question. I can't go around breaking their hearts!" 

"So you do admit you have a favourite?" Seungcheol asked sneakily.

"Of course, I do. Everyone has favourites.", he replied shrugging his shoulders,"And that's why you do too but won't admit it." Jeonghan raised a sly eyebrow in return. Seungcheol snickered at the remark.

Seungcheol thought Jeonghan was a really y man and he was a weak man for y and intelligent people. The aura surrounding him was so sensual, it made everything he did seem y, be it his smile, facial expression, his eyebrow or even the way he talks. It was safe to say that he was completely attracted to him.

Both of them exit the cafe together after spliting the bill. Seungcheol admitted that he did not have this much fun simply talking, in a long while. 

"You are a great conversationalist.", Seungcheol said complimenting Jeonghan.

"I know.", it slipped Jeonghan's mouth,"I-I mean, a lot of people have said that before.", he quickly added trying not to sound as cocky as before. Seungcheol chortled as his slip of tongue. 

"If you don't mind or if it's not against the rules or if it's not too much work," Jeonghan wanted to ask something.

"Why do you sound so hesistant? You don't want me to murder someone, right? That is against the rule and also, I barely know you." Seungcheol replied clearly toying with a tongue tied Yoon Jeonghan.

"Oh no no, that I can do by myself," Jeonghan replied so easily,"What I wanted to know was that if there's a chance for me to see the national sports academy? I heard it's difficult for outsiders to get a look inside.", Jeoghan said sheepishly.

"Yeah no problem, I can talk to my supervisor and get you a form for a visitor's card. You'll have to fill it and then I'll get you an ID"

"I'll need an ID? Then I'll have to say no, that sounds like a lot of work for a very busy coach."

"That's no problem, I can take some time out." Seungcheol offered kindly.

"Oh no, I can let you go through that much trouble for a stranger. That's a big favour." Jeonghan shook his head.

"You're not a stranger." Seungcheol stated firmly."You're the person who takes care of Jihun and have been doing so for a long time. It's the least I can do. Let me." Seungcheol pleaded. This time when Jeonghan looked up, they locked eyes for the longest time. His mind was processing how to respond to that. He opened his mouth a couple of times to reply but ended up smiling.

He settled for what he's best at, a sneaky remark," Well, can't argue with that." he laughed.

"Okay then. I'll bring the form with me the next time we meet." Seungcheol beamed at him, Jeonghan nodded his head.

Seungcheol lived on the campus of the academy for now. He planned to get a place of his own but before that he wanted to get to know the ways of the city a little better. His one room apartment was spacious, airy and allowed enough sunlight during the daytime, perfect for a person who lived half his life in a village. 

"So har far is your place from here?", Seungcheol asked.

"It's actually 2 blocks away from Jihun's place. I'm just gonna walk from here." 

"It's funny how close you are to him and yet we only got to meet just today.", Seungcheol thought how ironical the situation was.

"Actually, It's better this way otherwise I would have never agreed to go out on a date with you.", Jeonghan chuckled.

Seungcheol was baffled at what he just heard," I'm gonna need a little more explanation than that."

"If we had met then, we would have become friends because I was not interested in dating and if I'm correct you were already in a relationship  a girl, right?"

Seungcheol was left dumbfounded," Well, how can you say for sure that we'd become friends-"

"Because you were already dating", Jeonghan cut in.

"I mean, how can you be sure that you wouldn't have been attracted to me the moment you saw me.", Seungcheol retorted, smirking.

Jeonghan slipped for a second there,"It doesn't matter 'cause you'd still be in a relationship." he remarked, trying to make up for his slip.

"But would you or wouldn't you be attracted to me?", Seungcheol repeated raising an eyebrow, he also didn't know where his newfound confidence came from.

Jeonghan was left stumped. Seungcheol couldn't be prouder, he just beat the witty Yoon Jeonghan. A victoroious smile was plastered to his face.

Jeonghan was not gonna let him off that easy,"Of course I'd be attracted to you! Anybody would be attracted to you, have you even seen yourself!" he shot back. 

Seungcheol flared up, he almost had a miniheart-attack. "You must like making people making uncomfortable around you.", he said in a weak attempt at a comeback.

"I think the word you're looking for is 'fluster'", Jeonghan grinned at him."But it doesn't mean I lied."

Oh, Seungcheol did not know how much more his heart could take,"Thank you." he meekly replied. Their date had come to an ened. He hailed a cab for himself and offered a ride to Jeonghan which he politely declined. Jeonghan bids Seungcheol a goodbye and turns around to make way to his block with his hands on his back.

Jeonghan enjoyed solitary, just his thoughts and himself. Today a beautiful and breezy evening also kept him company. He was looking forward to his second date with Seungcheol in the national academy. He had already found ways to fluster the 'Easy-to-fluster' Choi Seungcheol. It's going to be a blast, for him not for Seungcheol. His walk back to home has  always been the best part of his day but, maybe today, it was the second best part.

~x~