Picnic Edition 1.0

Magic Double Date Night: Picnic Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all so a brand new addition to our beloved magic date night series. A picnic edition! Should be fun and no worries. I still have fics planned for how Seulgi and Joohyun met, for how Sooyoung and Yerim met, and of course how they all met eventually! Okay please enjoy the picnic edition 


 

“We’re going on a picnic, we’re going on a picnic.” Yerim sings in the most hyper way Sooyoung thinks she has seen her vampire in, well, ever. The witch stares helplessly at her wife who is currently packing a basket.

 

“Um, babe?”

 

“Not now, picnic packing time.”

 

Sooyoung has no idea why the hell Yerim needs to pack anything, it’s not like she’s going to be eating, but then the witch notices she’s packing all sorts of slingshots, grenades, a bag of candy, and some of those blood flavored drinks she loves. Now that they are made in bottles and can form. Her wife has been loading up on them, and Sooyoung is really worried she has an addiction, though now is not the time to discuss that.

 

“Yerimie?”

 

“Oh wait, I need my water guns.”

 

Okay, that was enough. Sooyoung walked over to her wife, grabbed a hold of her cheeks and helped her over to the couch. “Honey, I need you to calm down, this is supposed to be a nice picnic. Now, can it be a nice picnic if you’re busy running around causing chaos?”

 

The vampire, newly pink-haired blinks several times. She doesn’t understand the point of going to a picnic if she can’t cause any chaos, then it makes no sense at all. Yerim pouts in a way that always warms Sooyoung’s heart. Especially, as it doesn’t happen all that often.


“Don’t you look at me like that, you know I am weak for your cute face.”

 

“I just don’t understand what’s the point if I can’t cause chaos and pull pranks. Isn’t that the point of a picnic, you pick the pranks you want to pull?”

 

The witch’s mouth practically drops to the floor, is her wife serious? Sooyoung is still staring at her so Yerim takes to poking the now dark-haired woman’s cheek. Sooyoung looks good to her no matter what, but there was something about when Sooyoung chose to go darker with her hair that drove the vampire insane, in the best way.

 

“Yerim, stop it. Did you just say picnics are for picking the pranks you want to play?”

 

Yerim nods again, is that not what picnics are for? “Yeah, I mean what else are they for?”

 

“Baby…” Sooyoung sighs and lovingly caresses her cheek. “They are for eating food, which I know you can’t do. But getting together with the people you care about and having a good time, were you not listening when we decided with Seul and Joohyun we’d have a picnic?”

 

“Yeah, I was there.”

 

(Flashback)
 

It had been awhile since the four friends were able to meet, and because they were all in the human world specifically, it was decided they would meet for dinner. Sooyoung was shocked to see a blonde Joohyun and red-haired Seulgi, different from their usual brunette and raven looks they both had going on for a long time.

 

“You’re blonde!” The witch points to the succubus.

 

“You have black hair!” The succubus points back to the witch.

 

“Haha, red-haired wolf-elf!” Yerim points to the hybrid.

 

“A pink-haired vampire, are you a leprechaun now.”

 

“Hey!” Yerim frowns with fangs barred. “You want to fight, we can talk this outside right now.”

 

“Bring it, shrimp!”
 

Sooyoung and Joohyun stop to look at their wives, worried for about a second that they would actually go outside and fight. Only for a second of course though, as Seulgi and Yerim break out into laughter and hug. 

 

“Okay, everyone looks fantastic, now sit so we can order, or else the humans will keep looking at us like we’re weirdos!” Sooyoung mentions, and then all sit down at the table. Yerim orders a meal just to fit in like she’s human and ends up passing the beef dish to her wife.

 

“Thanks, baby. Now, since we’re all here.”

 

“Wait,” Seulgi stops her and flags the waiter. “Can you please make sure my steak is as rare as possible, oh and I’d like to exchange my half order of fries to the full plate of fries, and…”

 

The witch and vampire zone out because Seulgi is still ordering. Yerim is even able to check her work messages, Sooyoung connects to the monster realm on her phone to check on cases, and Joohyun is busy turning down film roles.

 

“Oh and…”

 

“Honey, enough, enough.” The succubus grabs a hold of her cheeks. “That will be all, thank you.”

 

The poor waiter nods in relief and takes the order with him. Sooyoung sighs after that. “Thank god, I thought you were about to order the whole restaurant again.”

 

“That never happened.” Seulgi shakes her head furiously. “False allegations.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Yerim whispers and sips on her wine. “Soo, can you please conjure up a blood smoothie for me.”

 

The way she asks is so sweet that the witch can’t deny her wife. She makes sure no humans are looking when she does conjure up a smoothie just for her. “There you go, baby. Now as I was originally saying, I have a suggestion.”

 

“This should be good.” Joohyun says a bit dryly.

 

“Hey, it is good! I was thinking we’d do a picnic the next time we meet, preferably in the monster realm. We have all these other traditions, how about a picnic one?”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun seem to be thinking that over. While it is true they have been to many places, and had gone on tons of different date nights over the course of their friendship. With that being said they have never done a real picnic together, maybe Sooyoung was onto something, after all, was the worst that could happen?

 

“You know what, sure.” Joohyun agrees. “I think it should be fun, what do you think, baby?”

 

Seulgi nods in agreement. “Yeah, but as long as we go to the best place in the magical realm for it.”

 

“Yes, the magical lake area!” Yerim shouts excited, raising her blood smoothie as if making a toast. “The one with no mermaids!”

 

And so it was decided they would make plans for a picnic at the best place in the magical realm.

 

(End)


 

Yerim listens as Sooyoung retells the story. “Now, do you understand why you can’t just be going around causing mayhem and chaos?”
 

“Nope.” the vampire smiles. “Now, where the hell are my water guns.”

 

The witch groans heavily and decides to just let her wife be. “Anyway, let me finish packing actual food.” Sooyoung makes her way to the kitchen, because despite whatever confusion her wife has. There is no way you come to a picnic without food.

 

Someone else who knows that very well is one succubus who has been packing too, two huge baskets, one medium sized, and a few smaller ones. Loading them up with as much food as possible.

 

“Okay, four steaks, two racks of ribs, and…” Joohyun checks her list. The blonde frowns as she thinks she might need at least one more basket. This was already enough food to feed at least 8 people, and the funniest thing was none of this was even for her.

 

“Seul?” She calls out from the kitchen. “You’re not going to lose your if I don’t have a couple of things, right?”
 

The hybrid runs down the stairs so fast that she nearly knocks her wife down she is looking as if she’s about to panic.

 

“What do you mean a few things ? What’s missing, Hyunnie? My ribs, don’t say it’s my ribs, or the pork chops, anything but the pork chops.” She wails, literally and Joohyun is stunned to see her wife actually crying in her arms, and all the succubus can do is pat the taller woman’s back in a comforting manner.

 

“No, honey, don’t worry. The pork chops are safe, I was talking about the four chickens you asked for.”

 

“Oh….” Seulgi pauses, somehow looking better again and not as if she was crying moments ago. “That’s fine, Hyunnie. Now, if you will excuse me I need to finish packing for the picnic. Now where the heck is my swimsuit.”

 

“Swimsuit, I know you’re not going to swim in the magical lake, you know it’s not completely safe, it’s just for admiring the beauty, you know like you do with me?”
 

But Seulgi is already running off again in search of a swimsuit. “Honey, you will turn green again if you go into that lake, don’t do it!”

 

Seulgi is already gone though and so Joohyun sighed heavily, that was sure a disaster waiting to happen. Either way, she went to finish packing up the baskets, again all for Seulgi, and then called Sooyoung to make sure they were still all set to meet up around three for their first ever picnic. The phone rings for several long moments until finally someone answers the phone, though not the person she expected.

 

“Hey, Joohyun, what’s up”
 

“Yerim, what are you doing answering Sooyoung’s phone?”

 

“She’s my wife, isn’t she? I can answer her phone, now I have a very important question for you.”

 

Joohyun waits, wondering what the vampire is about to say. It could be literally anything. 

 

“Do you have any candy?”

 

“What!” The succubus nearly drops her phone. Is Yerim being serious right now? What the hell kind of question is that, of course Joohyun doesn’t have any candy.

 

“Do you?” Yerim whispers like she’s worried about being overheard by Sooyoung. “I would really appreciate it if you’d bring candy, because one can never have too much candy, oh ask your wife! Seul must have a stash of stuff somewhere, okay, gotta go. See you guys later, you know the spot we always pick.”

 

“Yerim?”

 

Joohyun is met with the sound of a dial tone. “So rude, anyway….” Joohyun decides to check up on Seulgi, who should be ready to go by now. Joohyun looks all over the house, starting with their bedroom and eventually back down to the kitchen again for any sign of her hybrid love.

 

“Seul, where did you run off to?”

 

When it becomes clear that Seulgi isn’t even in the house. The succubus heads outside.

 

“You better not be in my Christmas sanctuary.” It’s a joke, and she does see Seulgi sitting in the gazebo she had made for them on their property. Joohyun remembers everything about that project of Seulgi’s, how she would show Joohyun each design, and ask for her input. Now they had a gorgeous gazebo with wood flooring, and even a bench too, many nights they would come out here and just sit together, talking for hours to the point it would be very late when they’d come back inside.

 

“There you are,” The succubus sighs and sits down next to her. “I thought for a moment you were running off in search of food.”

 

“Haha, so funny, Hyunnie. No, I just like coming out here to think, so I wanted some air before we go. This should be a nice picnic, right, Hyun?”
 

The blonde smiles and touches the side of her wife’s tanned cheek. “Yeah, baby, it should be. Come on, let’s go so we can meet them. We don’t want to somehow miss our favorite spot because other monsters took it.”

 

“Hah, true, let’s get going.”


 

Meanwhile, a witch and a vampire made it to the magical lake area. Yerim happily holds onto her basket that doesn’t have food in it, but a bunch of other necessities important to her. She was too happy to notice at first how jam packed the area was, but Sooyoung saw.

 

“Oh, holy cauldrons! Did everyone in the whole realm come out here.”

 

The vampire frowns. “Oh no they don’t. They better not take our spot, hold my basket, I’m going to fly ahead and see.”

 

“But….”

 

Sooyoung can’t even stop her because she’s already in bat form and flying off. “Oh, jeez…” Leaving Sooyoung with no choice but to follow after her, carrying now Yerim’s basket, her own, and the huge red and pink striped blanket they were going to use. Until it dawns on her some very important information.

 

“Wait, why the hell am I carrying all this, I’m a witch.”

 

And so just levitates the items in front of her. The magical lake area is particularly packed this time around. This lake is more popular than the other one in the realm by far, but never has Sooyoung seen it quite so crowded. She makes sure to text Seulgi and Joohyun to hurry up since it’s crowded, worst case scenario they might have to find another spot they like. Sooyoung puts her phone away when she sees Yerim up ahead, no longer in bat form holding one of her favorite daggers to a mummy’s neck.

 

“This is our spot, now you get your mummified out of here.”

 

“Oh my god…” Sooyoung sighs. “Yerim stop it, there is no need for violence against the mummy. Come on, we’ll find another spot, this is a huge lake. Sorry, Mr, um if you ever need a lawyer, here’s my card.” She smiles politely and turns to her wife like she’s lost it.

 

“Babe, are you serious? What did I say about using daggers in public, especially on other monsters.”

 

“You said I couldn’t use them on humans, you never said anything about not using them on monsters.”
 

“Listen, we are in a public place, and I am a very, very important lawyer here, do you think I want to be bailing your out of jail, then heading over to the court to defend you, well….I guess I could always plead temporary insanity due to blood withdrawal, or something…”

 

“What?” Yerim blinks, and before she can even ask Sooyoung if she's seriously thinking about court right now. A random portal opens up, freaking the mummy out so bad he runs off, and it’s only Seulgi and Joohyun.

 

“Hi, friends!” Joohyun says especially cheerfully. “Oh, damn, you weren’t lying. It’s full of monsters today, looks like we made it just in time.”

 

“Thanks for scaring that mummy guy away with your freaky portal, Joohyun.” Yerim nods to her with thumbs up. “Now we can keep our favorite spot.”

 

“There was someone else here?” The succub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter