Baby, I’m Home

I'm Home

Minho was a successful business man and like most men in his field he had started from the bottom and worked his way to the top. He had worked his off to get here but his current company position of vice president meant that he was constantly flying to various places for meetings. He loved his job really but the thing he didn’t love about it, was all the time he spent away from his long term boyfriend, Taemin. They were highschool sweethearts who had been introduced to each other through their mutual friend Jinki who was simply bursting with happiness the second the two met and instantly hit it off. A year later they officially announced they were dating and no one was surprised. Fast forward 7 years into the bright future and the two males now share an appartment with their cat Kkoongie which despite Minho’s allergys, the smaller boy had talked him into getting. Even he had to admit, she was cute and small and not really too much trouble at all. 

Minho sighed as he packed one last dress shirt into his suitcase. The act was all too familiar. As was the sight of his boyfriend sitting on their bed, pouting at him. The youngers pout always tugged on his heart strings and made him feel bad for leaving him once again. 

'Do you have to go..?’ Taemin whined softly and stuck his plump botton lip out further into his usual pout. 

‘I’m sorry Tae baby you know if I could say no I would but we just got this big contract and we need to finalize the details before we close it..’ Minho sighed softly as he zipped up his suitcase and set it down onto the floor. ‘I promise to call you as soon as I arrive okay?’ 

Taemin knew that Minho would call him as soon as he arrived off the plane because the taller male always kept his word. Especially when it came to him. In all the time they had been together, he had never let him down or lied to him and that was something Taemin appreciated a lot. He appreciated the honesty and good communication they had. None of that made Minho leaving him again any easier. He had just gotten him home a couple of days ago and now he was jetting off to China for almost a week. 

Minho leaned over and placed a soft kiss onto Taemin’s fluffy hair which he had freshly dyed. There were honey blonde streaks mixed through the long black strands that Minho had told him made him look like a cute sunflower seed when he had first laid eyes on the fresh style. The taller had taken to calling him his little sunflower ever since and maybe just maybe it had to do with the way Taemin smiled at him and his cheeks would tint a soft rose everytime he was called the affectionate pet name. 

The taller had been keeping a secret. A big secret. He was planning to ask Taemin to marry him. The brunette had purchased an engagement ring he decided was so very Taemin and would look so pretty on the youngers delicate and small finger. Minho hid the engagement ring box in his suitcase weeks ago when he had picked it up just incase his little sunflower happened across it somewhere in their apartment. That would be a disaster he had decided. He was planning to pop the question soon but he just hadn’t decided when the right time would be. Maybe he would take him to a fancy dinner or something like that and do it then. The taller was unsure but he really wanted to do it. It was finally time. They had been together so long and had talked about getting married so he knew it was something Taemin wanted. 

Taemin had offered to drop Minho off at the airport so he could catch his flight and he had agreed. It always made him happy to get a warm hug and soft goodbye kiss so full of love from Taemin before he left for work. It gave him motivation to go as it reminded him of just what he’d be coming back home to at the end of his trips. His Boyfriend whom he just adored so much. Taemin was his world. 

'So how long do you have left again?’ Taemin asked as he leaned his head on Minho’s shoulder comfortably like he always did. ‘Please say hours..’

'About 15 minutes..’ The taller male sighed as he placed a gentle kiss onto Taemin’s head. The younger had decided to wait until they called for his flight to start boarding. He wanted to spend as much time with Minho as he could. 

Taemin shifted on the chair a little, trying to get comfortable but the evidence of last nights rounds started creeping it’s way up his lower back and made a slight noise as he stretched, his back cracking in the process. He was hoping Minho hadn’t noticed this or he would mercilessly for it. He sighed again as he looked up at the departure board in front of them. 10 minutes left. 

The 10 minutes flew by from them just chatting and laughing like always. Taemin frowned as they walked to the boarding gate and Minho put down his suitcase again for a second to embrace the smaller boy in a long, tight hug before he pulled back to kiss him tenderly. 

'I love you, my little sunflower. I’ll be home before you know it okay?’ He said softly to his Boyfriend and gently caressed his cheek. 

'I love you too, Min. Don’t forget to call me alright? I’ll miss you.’ 

Minho nodded and made his promise to call Taemin. He gave the smaller one last quick kiss before he picked up his suitcase and began passing the boarding gate for his flight. He kept walking a little before he looked back at Taemin who had still been frowning and was turning to make his way back to the car and head home. The taller male thought for a second before he was rumbling around in the zipped pocket on the front of his suitcase, taking out a small box. Minho opened up the box to reveal the ring he had bought for Taemin. Fumbling with it for a moment, he suddenly knew what he had to do. 

'TAEMIN!’ Minho yelled as he practically ran towards his Boyfriend who had turned to face him, shock dawning his prominant features. 

‘Minho..? Is everything okay?’ 

‘Shh. Just.. listen for a second okay..?’ Minho said, a little breathily since he had ran to catch up with the male in front of him. He hesitated for a split second before he got down on one knee.

Taemin’s hand flew to his mouth immediately in shock as he realized exactly what his lover was about to do. 

‘I.. I can’t even begin to explain how much you mean to me or how proud I am of you for everything you’ve achieved in all the years we’ve been together. You’ve grown so much from the shy nerd I met in highschool and I adore that about you. Whenever you walk into the room, I lose my breathe. Whenever I try to tell anyone about you I become speechless because there are not enough words to do you justice. Sometime I doubt myself when i’m with you because I think you could do better than silly old me but then I realize you’re with me because you want to be and that makes me so happy. It makes me so happy that you’ve chosen me. So I guess I must be doing something right huh?’ Minho chuckled a little and took a soft breathe as he tried to steady his nerves, watching as wide smile began to grow on Taemin’s lips at his words. ‘I can see even from just the way you look at me how much you love and care for me.. your gaze tells me so much.. Everyday as we continue to grow together, I love you more and more and I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone else. I hate leaving you alone so much when I have to work but just knowing it’s you I get to come home to makes it all worth while and it gives me the motivation I need to get through the day. You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me and the fact that I know you will be by my side for the rest of my life warms my heart so much.. I wanted to do something special for you. I wanted to make a grand gesture because you deserve that.. but right now, I just know I couldn’t leave again without doing this.. Without showing you just how serious I am about you and about us and our future together.. So, Lee Taemin, will you marry me?’ 

Taemin was silent for a moment as he tried to absorb each of the tallers words to him. He was still so shocked but he couldnt stop himself from smiling so big at all. After a moment, he nodded his head slowly as tears started to roll silently down his cheeks. He was so happy and all of the love he felt for Minho was just bubbling inside of him right now. 

‘Yes..’ He said softly as he fixed his gaze to the brunettes handsome face. ‘Yes! I’ll marry you,  Choi Minho. Nothing would make me happier.’ 

Minho breathed a sigh of relief and smiled as he took the ring from it’s box and carefully placed it onto Taemin’s small finger before he stood again, straightening out before he lifted the smaller from the ground, spinning him in his arms and smiling even more as he listened to his laughter. Taemin’s laughter was like music to his ears. Always such a carefree and happy sound. Something he adored so much. The entirety of the airport staff and passers by began cheering and clapping at the two males as Minho set Taemin down again, the smaller leaning up to kiss him. 

'Minho the plane..’ Taemin mumbled against his lips. 

‘I don’t care about that right now.. it already left..’ Minho responded with a slight laugh before he turned to see an attendant placing his suitcase by his side again. ‘You know what that means?’ 

‘Hm?’ Taemin responded, raising an eyebrow at his now fiancee. 

‘baby, i’m home.’