Prologue

There's something about love

"Sae's point of view and the other side of what is letting go, good-bye, and moving on really means to her during that moments."

 

A story that was meant beyond to non-existent of having love for Sae's misery to engage in a meaningful life. The inspiration behind of her success was designed to one and only she refused to let go, saying goodbye, and moving-on. That's what Sae thought, she is trap in another cobweb of complicated love again. She decided that it's the best for her. It's her own doing and destiny she created not to dwell again on a word she dread to be with. 

 

---

 

 

"Do you know that a human can make 396 friends, but only 1 out of 12 friendships lasts?" A person came up to Sae which can passed as a student than what she is not actually in her profession.

 

Sae met its gaze at her eyes from that person without blinking too, while the other one nodded awkwardly.

 

The one who interact with Sae broke their stare, and composed her posture. She gave her signature smile to her, "Because I had one too before, she was the light of my life and my constant companion, but the truth is quite different. I am the 1 out of 12 friendship lasts for you..." Susan heaved and whispered to her mind, "and more than that too" and she eyed Sae as if she wanted to convey more.  

 

Sae being known as the one who are aware of Susan's advances and hidden meanings. She weren't sway to that gestures without having any of it because in reality it's a bad omens to her. The cue to her not to entertain the similarities between her and Maxi is the sign and cautious one which she didn't want to hold again.

 

I know what she did, but I shrugged and say to her, "I'll try, but no promises Susan."

 

Susan laugh at me but somehow I feel something off coming from her, "You can do it, Sae! Didn't I say that I will teach and help you how to have a friend? I mean true and real friend. Eh, how can they be your friends when you don't want to do your part." Her aura is bright enough that Sae ever wonder how it works.

 

I turned my face and sip a champagne, and continue, "My life is just like the story of The little mermaid, except I'm a celebrity, which is something trivial." The bitterness of alcohol wash away but the essence of what I feel after I spoke it wasn't.

 

"Disney film?" Curiosity filled Susan's mind after I speak about it.

 

"Nope the original story." I told her without knowing that I slipped out too much information for her. Even it's a sentence only.

 

"What happened to that version?" Again, Susan asked in full of worries when I know she understood me.

 

"I have a story - a story you should forget and that is no follow up questions for it." I spoke to her in indifferent tone.

 

The smile didn't change from Susan after that situation, "I'd never dealt with a person like you before who introduce herself a literal character from a children story, and then snapped when asked." 

 

Who would've thought that she's not yet given up to this conversation, maybe this is the best for me to tell her what I can be to her.

 

I held her hand and introduce my self again, "​​​​​We can be friends only." That's the last thing I ever wanted to anyone and to her.

 

​​​​​​​​​​​​I saw a slight shift of her smile which I am quite expert to it.

 

Even though there's no words come from her. The music in the room filled of people from elementary school reunion was clean that the song of Anne-marie and Marshmello played was made up for us.

 

I hope that's what I can be to Susan and for others too.

 

That's better than being one of my past again. Because it's the best thing to do for us.