fin.

With You, I Feel Safe [JinJoo]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming from behind with slow and careful steps, as if she was a thief not wanting to get caught in the act, a pink-haired girl approached another girl who was sitting on a bench, eyes focused on her phone, typing something.

 

‘An unknown number? Why is she trying to call an unknown number?’

 

Dismissing it as one of those ‘infamous prank calls’ that the younger does whenever she’s bored or she just wants to troll around, Minju got back on her original business.

 

Yujin on the other hand, was too distracted on whatever she’s doing to even feel a particular presence at her back.

 

 

She was just awakened from her bubble when she felt a pair of hands covering her eyes. 

 

Minju was about to say “Guess who~” using the sweetest, cutest tone she could deliver (to compensate for the fact that she was late on their date, for she had spent an all-nighter experimenting for a dish) when she was interrupted by the sudden outburst of the younger.

 

“Yena-unnie, I don’t have time for this, any minute Minju might arrive, I have to—”

 

 

“What do you mean? It’s me, Minju. What is that thing that you need to do before I arrive? And why do you think I am Yena-unnie? Are you expecting her to come today?” Minju bombarded her with questions as she removed her hands on the younger’s eyes, which had earned her a surprise look from Yujin as she tilted her body, looking at her back.

 

“M-Minju, oh, you’re here…” are the only words that Yujin could utter right now, still shocked but she was trying to hide it, awkwardly scratching her nape, trying to avoid the other girl’s gaze.

 

‘Oh shoot.’

 

“Yes, I am. I’m sorry I was late, it was for uhm—nevermind.” Minju said as she clutched the tote bag hanging on her shoulders. “But as I was saying, is Yena-unnie third-wheeling us today?” Minju said, changing the topic, both curious and suspicious.

 

“Oh, don’t mind that, I just asked her for a little favor. It was nothing important. So, shall we?” Yujin was clearly anxious, her hands was shaking and even if she tried so hard to conceal her odd behavior, when she offered her hand to Minju, the pink-haired girl had thought that she was holding an ice that she even got startled when it touched hers.

 

Yujin was also sweating profusely, that she had to wipe it occasionally.

 

 

‘Blue sus. What the hell is wrong with Yujin today? Oh my God, is she…

 

IS SHE CHEATING ON ME?

 

No. She wouldn’t, right? I mean, she of all people knows how much trust issues I had.

 

Stop thinking about nonsense things, Kim Minju.’

 

To change the air between them, because Minju knows their meeting had started rather weirdly, the older decided to drag Yujin into one of the booths that sells cotton candies.

 

They had long planned this date. They were both busy; with Minju being a freelance model that’s been getting lots of castings and Yujin being a graduating Broadcasting Communication student who just finished her College hell week. They haven’t physically met for an entire month so they thought spending time together in festive activities like these would be a good way of destressing.

 

Minju’s been anticipating this day. She had really missed staring at Yujin’s face. She missed holding her hand, missed spending time with her,

 

she just… missed her.

 

So, so much.

 

“We both like cotton candies, right? Look they’re shaped cutely! How ‘bout I’ll go get a frog-shaped one and then you’ll get a dog-shaped one? Come on, this would be fun!” Minju enthusiastically said, beaming widely at the younger.

 

“Oh, that would be very nice! But Min, let me just have this quick phone call over there, okay? This’ll be fast, I promise.”

 

With furrowed brows, Minju halfheartedly nodded.

 

Yujin walked away. Minju was waiting for the seller to finish preparing their cotton candies when she looked at Yujin’s direction and the younger seems agitated, lightly stomping her feet.

 

After paying for those, she approached Yujin’s direction to which she had regretted for what she heard had shaken her.

 

“Yena-unnie, I’ll be right there. I’ll just find some excuse to distract Minju for a while. Make sure she wouldn’t know about this, okay? Well, at least, for now.”

 

 

Minju’s face turned sour, she tried to hold her tears back as she sat on a nearby bench. It seems like Yujin was now done with her phone call because she was now scanning the place, searching for a specific pink-head.

 

“Min, I’m sorry, this’ll be the last. I just have to do something. I’ll be back, okay? Enjoy the booths for a while without me and then I’ll just call you so that we could meet again.” Yujin kissed Minju’s forehead, not bothering to wait for a reply because it seems like she was in a hurry, as if she’ll die when she missed that ‘thing’ she was about to do.

 

Minju looked at Yujin’s back, helpless, a single tear had escaped her left eye, to which she immediately wiped away.

 

……….

 

“Yena-unnie, thank you, so, so much. I owe you a huge one.” Yujin said as she hugged the older out of sheer joy.

 

“Okay, okay, I know. I’m the best unnie, right?” Yena chuckled as she patted the head of the younger. “Now go contact Minju because she might be thinking weird things now. You kinda did act strange earlier, after all.”

 

“Thanks again, Yena-unnie!” Yujin waved her hands as the older left, while her, on the other hand, fished out her phone from her pocket.

 

She tried to call Minju for so many times but to no avail. Her calls are getting disconnected, it was as if her phone was intentionally turned off.

 

Yujin’s anxiety was growing as time passes by. She was aimlessly running on every direction, looking at every booth, trying to spot Minju.

 

She doesn’t mind looking like a complete fool trying to approach people if that will help her find her girlfriend.

 

Yujin was on the verge of crying.

 

She could feel her trembling and her eyes getting hot. Her tears were about to blur her vision, when suddenly, a certain image had caught her attention. Well, Minju’s pink hair courtesy of her latest photoshoot was quite catchy so it wasn’t that hard to spot her, especially when she’s being projected on a huge screen, smiling in front of everyone, discomfort’s apparent in her eyes.

 

“And surprise! We have here, participating in our bidding today, the rising star in the modelling industry, Miss Kim Minju! Let’s give her a big round of applause!” The host announced on stage together with Minju, along with a handful of other males and females.

 

“And that’s it for the introduction of our participants. Now, without further ado, let’s begin the bidding, shall we?” The host said as Yujin saw the other participants, including Minju had left the stage, leaving one man and one woman on the platform. 

 

She tried and luckily, had successfully passed through the swarm of people. Yujin went straight to the mini tent where the participants are staying for the meantime while it is still not their turn.

 

There weren’t a guard of some sort, so she was able to freely enter. As soon as she sets her foot inside, since there weren’t really many people present, she had immediately spotted a wide-eyed Minju, surprised by her sudden appearance.

 

“Oh God, Kim Minju,” Yujin heaved a deep sigh, hugging the older really tight. “I really thought I had lost you. Thank God you’re safe.”

 

 

“You had already lost me earlier, the moment you walked away.” Minju answered, removing herself from the hug, not looking at the eyes of the younger because she knew, the second she sees them, her defense would instantly crumble.

 

“Wait, Minju, let me explain…”

 

“What do you have to explain in the first place? How you had the nerve to cheat on me?”

 

Everyone in the room gasped; it was as if they were watching a dramatic movie for free (minus the popcorn). Yujin looked around and she saw how the people inside are pretending not to listen to their small commotion, but they really were in it for the tea.

 

“Wait, I would explain but let’s get out of here first.” Yujin dragged Minju outside. The pink-haired girl was protesting but Yujin being the stronger between them, had managed to pull her outside. However, using all her strength, Minju managed to escape from the younger’s grasp.

 

“Kim Minju don’t be stubborn! Why are you even a participant here in the first place? I thought today was supposed to be our date?”

 

“I thought so too. And why do you even care about where I was or what I was doing? You’ve been ignoring me since earlier. Why care about me now? Oh, and if you’re planning a date with your mistress, at least make sure I wouldn’t be able to catch you!

 

And why’d you even cheat in the first place? Do I bore you?”

 

“Minju wait, let me explain, it’s not you, it’s me…”

 

 “Was it because my favorite movie was “Kissing Booth” and I was always forcing you to watch it with me? Are you getting tired of me?”

 

“Kim Minju! I’m sorry, okay? I know you’re tasteless when it comes to movies, but it seriously has nothing to do with that! I swear! I love you even though you’re tasteless!”

 

“THEN WHY???

 

Is it because I told you I find Noah Centineo cute after watching “To All The Boys I’ve Love Before”? But I was just kidding that time! Why would you believe such? I’m gay a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter