A is for Acne

The alphabet series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A is for Acne

 

Yuna groaned and held back the urge to touch her face. She had broken out this morning and all she could think about was how her face must’ve looked at every angle under the camera. Of course their manager had to schedule an interview when Yuna’s raging hormones were wrecking havoc on her face.

Okay, so she was being a little dramatic. It was one pimple, but standing next to these attractive unblemished faces made her feel like she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Could they see? Could they? They’d edit it out right?

Probably.

“Yuna, do you have anything to add?” The host pointed the mic in Yuna’s direction.

No, I have something to subtract.

“Yuna is that all?” The host tried again when he was met with silence. 

Yup, this is zit.

 

“Yuna.” Ryujin hissed under her breath nudging her arm effectively knocking her out of her trance. Yuna leaned toward the microphone, took her cue and blurted out a closing statement.

 

“Uh, yes thank you for having Zitzy- I mean ITZY today. We had a lot of fun, and uh yes! Thank you!”

.

Ryujin snickered, Lia chuckled and she couldn’t hear Chaeryoung or Yeji so their lungs probably collapsed. Yuna was mortified.

 

“You’d think after two years you’d be able to remember the name.” Ryujin doubled over in laughter.

 

“Cut her some slack our Yuna is a little tired today.” Yeji defended holding back a giggle.

 

“Cut, okay no worries we’ll edit that! Thank you girls.” The host assured.

 

Yay for editing. 

 

“You were so out of it. It was cute, but it wasn’t intentional, right?” Lia questioned removing her makeup from the bathroom.

 

“If you mean growing a pimple and then making a pun out of it on live television, then no. Not intentional.” Yuna grimaced while tying up her Pajama bottoms. Yuna glanced at Lia, staring a little longer than she should have, but averted her gaze once Lia swerved around.

 

“What pimple?” Lia squinted trying to get a better look at Yuna from the sink. Yuna stomped her way towards Lia and pointed furiously at her pimple.

“Look.”

 

“Pfft. Yuna, it’s tiny, and you’re wearing makeup. No one is going to notice that.” Lia chuckled at Yuna’s antics.

 

“Easy for you to say, you’re 20 and you don’t get breakouts.” Yuna countered crossing her arms and furrowing her brows.

 

“There’s more to being 20 than just not breaking out you know.” Lia stuck her tongue out and continued to tend to her skin. Yuna didn’t feel like arguing with Lia today. Recently, Yuna notices the way she checks out girls she finds attractive and her Roommate, Lia is no exception.

 

“What more could a girl want?”

 

“Maybe other girls.” Yuna’s mouth went dry and she froze.  did she notice me checking her out? “Yuna are you into girls?” Lia asked casually. It’s like she’s asking me what the weather is like. How is she so calm?

 

“I am.” Yuna answered. Lia’s lips pressed into a thin line and Yuna wasn’t sure of her reaction.

 

“I thought so.”

 

“Does that bother you?” Yuna asked cautiously, suddenly aware of the tense atmosphere in the room.

 

“Of course not, Chaeryoung owes me money.” Lia’s infamous eye smile took over her features. “She thought you might’ve been straight.” Yuna opened as if to say something then closed it again before speaking.

 

“You bet on my uality?” Yuna asked bewildered. 

 

“I got it right too! Don’t I know you so well?” Lia’s eyes gleamed proudly and she proceeded to tie her hair up and head to her bunk.

 

“Wait, are you straight?” Yuna blurted, suddenly very curious. Lia shot her a look and arched an eyebrow.

 

“I guess you don’t know me too well, so much for roommates.” Lia teased a hint of disappointment laced her voice.

 

Yuna was staring at the ceiling with her hands folded on top of her chest.

 

“Is Ryujin straight? How about Chaeryoung? Yeji?” Lia groaned from the bottom bunk.

 

“Go to sleep Yuna.” Lia groaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter