eyes, nose, lips

eyes, nose, lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

english is not my first language. bear with me :'(

 

***

3 years after the break up.

Miyawaki Sakura, the nation’s hearthrob. She got popular after chosen as one of the most popular group at the moment, IZ*ONE. The group named as the next nation’s group, and also got really popular overseas with lots of concert demands in all around the world. Sakura known as the most popular member in the group.

The group debuted with 6 members in the group. The members are Sakura herself, Eunbi, Hyewon, Minjoo, Chaewon and Yuri. 2 years after debut, they are now known as million sales with busy schedule. They rarely have time to have fun, but they’re also thankful, because they know many people want to be in their place.

“So I heard you guys are really busy right now.”

Sakura showed her professional smile as she heard the MC. She nodded to the camera as she listen to her leader, Eunbi’s answer. “Yes, we are busy and we’re really thankful of that.”

Sakura flashed another smile. The MC nodded as she ask another question.

“Don’t forget to rest to all of you! And the last question is for Sakura.” Sakura nodded as she smiled politely. “Is there anyone, maybe your family or your friends, that you’re thankful of.”

Sakura’s smile disappeared for few seconds, her member, Yuri nudged her as Sakura seems like lost in her mind. Luckily, Sakura is a professional and she managed to answer it smoothly.

“My family, of course. I’m always thankful of them. Thank you for always supporting me.”

***

“You okay?” her member who is also her best friend, Hyewon, approached her as soon as they arrived in their dorm. Sakura nodded weakly. “You sure? You seems tired. You know you can always tell me anything, Kkura-yah.”

Sakura smiled as she walks to her room, Hyewon following behind her.

“I’m okay. I’m just tired.” Sakura flashed her last smile as she ask permission to enter her room. Hyewon, with worry shown all over her face, didn’t have other option and she just nodded.

“I’m in my room if you need me, we can play game!” Sakura answered with simple ‘ok’ as she closed the door.

Sakura’s smile vanished as she tossed herself onto her bed. As much as she wanted to take a shower before going to sleep, at the same time, she felt really tired.

Sakura sighed, she lay down as she closes her eyes.

As soon as darkness greeted her, the face she always longing to see appeared. Different from other days, this time, she let that face stayed here, smiling at her with the brighest smile. Sakura let tears falling down her cheeks, she sobbed as she whispered quietly,

“i miss you...”

***

Her name is Lee Chaeyeon.

She was her supporter, self claimed biggest fan, even when she was no-one.

She was the source of happiness, her best friend, her partner-in-crime, her pillar, her constant, her first love.

At some point, she thought she will stayed forever. She wished, she would stay forever.

She wished Chaeyeon was her forever.

 

They met because both pursuing the same dream. She still remember when she was 18 years old, not very social person, and she just moved overseas with her family to LA. She wasn’t that good in English, she’s an awkward person, she was afraid she wont have any friend there. But she wanted to go to a studio dance near her apartment in LA. She thought herself, if she can’t make any friend, then she will just practice there by herself.

But then, Lee Chaeyeon greeted her first.

In Sakura’s eyes. Chaeyeon was perfect. Chaeyeon was everything Sakura couldn’t be. She’s lovable, She’s social, she has many friends around her. She was popular. And she was everything when she’s dancing.

She still remember when Chaeyeon danced in front of her and the other members of that dance studio, she still remember Chaeyeon laughed at her because her jaw dropped unconsciously. She still remember how Chaeyeon grabbed her hand and she introduced her to everyone in that classrom.

That day was the very first day they got really close.

 

They were the inseparable duo. They were what they called opposite attract.

They were best friends for years until one day, 6 days after the first meet, Chaeyeon confessed that she loves Sakura. Which she happily accept, because she knows she was in love with her too.

She thought they were forever. But dream was also the thing that separated them.

An entertainment company in Korea accepted Sakura, but not Chaeyeon. Sakura had to leave her.

She still remember they were crying while hugging each other. Sakura still remember Chaeyeon begged for her not to leave, before slowly accepting the fact.

She still remember Chaeyeon left their shared apartment. She still remember how she wanted to run after her but she couldn’t. She knows, her sweet words will only hurt Chaeyeon more.

She still remember the last text Chaeyeon sent her.

‘Hey. I’m sorry i was being childish, i hope you can be successful. I hope you will be always happy Saku-chan’

Chaeyeon was her first love. Her fist kiss. Her first heart break.

 

“I miss you, Chaeyeon-ah.”

 

***

 

Hyewon gave her look the next morning, Sakura smiled sheepisly knowing her eyes must be swollen.

“Do you think make up can cover it?” Sakura watched herself in the mirror, Hyewon hummed.

“You should’ve told me.” Sakura patted Hyewon’s back, calming her friend. Hyewon was the only one who knows about her story with Chaeyeon. Sakura accidentaly told her when she was drunk back then after the first drinking party they had. “I thought you already forgot about her.” Sakura shrugged.

Hyewon helped Sakura to cover her swollen eyes with make up before Eunbi and the other members came to the living room. It was still early in the morning but they will have big event, MAMA. So they woke up early and waiting for the manager to pick them up.

“I still can’t believe they are Korean and Japanese.” Minjoo excitedly clapped her hands, Yuri joining her with the same excitement.

“Who?” Hyewon beat her to ask about it.

“ECHO, you watched them unnie!” Hyewon gasped. Sakura frowned her forehead, not knowing the name they mentioned.

“The masked girlgroup? How come. They sang in perfect English tho!”

“I know right.” Eunbi joined the talk. “But they said they grew up in America thats why.”

“Anyone please explain, i don’t understand anything” Sakura whined, the other members laughing at her.

“So unnie, you know American show right, the audition one, The X Factor.” Sakura nodded at Chaewon. Of course she knows that show, even tho she never once watched it. They got too busy she doesn’t have time to watch tv or read the news, in her defense. “They got a winner this season, it ended one year ago. Its a three members girlgroup with really unique concept. They all wear mask because they want people to listen to their songs and watching their performance without knowing their face or something like that. And so, back then in the final they said they gonna reveal their face in their hometown!”

“And guess what, two of them are Koreans!” Yuri beamed excitedly.

“Wow what a nice concept.” Sakura said to herself. Mentally note to herself she will google about them later. “what was the name again? ACHO?”

“its ECHO, unnie!” Sakura giggled at Yuri. Her dongsaeng is really cute when she is whining like that.

“So, she will reveal her face here right? When is it.” Hyewon asked.

“Its today! In MAMA.” Hyewon gasped, shock is all over her face. “Unnie thats why stop playing game when you’re free! You were a fan but you didn’t even know they’re here now!”

Hyewon didn’t say anything, she frantically looking at her phone and then excitedly typing in her phone, googling about that information. She screamed excitedly as she confirming herself that the news the members told her are real. Sakura only shake her head as she walk to the door. The manager arrived to pick them up to the venue.

***

Sakura closed her eyes as she trying to sleep, but she couldn’t. They arrived in the venue, and her make up artist already finished with her make up, and now she’s both sleepy and bored waiting for her members. She could hear the members talking to each other, but she’s too lazy to join their conversation. She then open twitter application in her phone to kill her boredness.

She opened the search tab, wanting to search her own name but then the trending topic caught her attention.

#ECHOKoreanMembersReveal

Being curious, she clicked the hashtag.

Fans tweets were flooding the hashtag. Mostly they got shocked because apparently, the BIGGEST group in the world right now, have Korean members in the line up. Sakura also found the pics, mostly stage pics of the group, all of them wearing mask fully covered the faces and even the hair too. What a nice concept. Sakura said that again to herself.

The scroll brought her to a link, a youtube link. Unconsciously, she opened the link. It brought her to a music video. She read the tittle.

ECHO C – Eyes, Nose, Lips

A beautiful melody playing, thankfully she was using earphone, so she could listen to the music clearly. A girl, must be the member, dancing alone in the street, pretty far from the camera. Somehow Sakura felt familiar with the dance. She scrolled down to read the description after she paused the video because she got curious, it says, ECHO solo project, and that the song writter by the member herself, which is C.

Sakura scrolled up to play the video again. Its weirdly felt familiar. Sakura ignored her surrounding to focus on the lyrics, but the song started with the singer talking, Sakura gasped, that voice, she knows that voice. Her favorite voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter