Emergency Husband

Emergency Husband

This one shot is dedicated to my lovely shawol friend Zahra who helped me to bring this little plot idea to life and inspired me to write it.

----

If anyone had told Lee Taemin that he would be face to face with famous actor, Choi Minho right now, He would have accused them of lying and most likely laughed in their face. Yet this was not a dream and was completely real. The Choi Minho was currently standing at the end of his hospital bed, eyeing him curiously. 

2 weeks earlier.. 

‘Aw come on Taem! It’ll be hilarious just do it!’ Jongin grinned at his bestfriend from across the room. 

‘I can’t! it’ll change my records if I do it. No way!’ Taemin exclaimed and shook his head quickly. 

Taemin who was currently hanging out with a few of his college friends drinking beers had been dared by his friend Ravi to set Choi Minho the actor that Taemin was obsessed with and pretty much in love with as his emergency contact name on his hospital records for a laugh. Not only emergency contact, he had been told to list him as his husband. 

‘Come on! Don’t be a chicken.’ His other bestfriend Wonshik laughed as he began to make chicken noises in the smaller’s direction. 

Taemin sighed loudly in complete and utter defeat as he quickly changed the emergency contact on his records, listing Choi Minho as his husband..

Present day

‘Well, I see I married well if I do say so myself.’ Minho chuckled as he took in the appearance of the clearly smaller boy laid up on the hospital bed. 

'I uh.. uh.. oh god i’m so sorry!! I didn’t think it would actually work! I swear I’m gonna kill Jongin when I get out of here.’ Taemin rambled quickly which only seemed to cause Minho to laugh more at the flustered boy. How cute. 

‘Woah okay calm down. It’s Taemin right?’ Minho wandered over and stood next to the smallers bed.

Taemin felt his heart racing and was sure it was about to explode right out of his chest. Minho was even more attractive up close in person. With his wide eyes and small face, he was the definition of handsome. The dancer could not believe his luck right now. He was sure this was all a pain medication induced dream. 

‘I guess I’ll start of by asking, are you okay?’ Minho asked as he gestured to the fresh cast currently on Taemin’s arm. 

‘Well besides the broken wrist, I think so.’ Taemin said softly with a slight nod. He was just trying to take this all in. He really wanted to pinch himself in the hopes he’d wake from this crazy dream. 

‘What happened?’ 

'A loose screw on a ballet bar caused it to collapse taking me with it. I hit the floor pretty hard.’ 

‘Oh so my Husband is a dancer hm?’ Minho smirked, clearly amused by this whole situation. The more he took in the sight of the smaller boy, the more he noticed just how truly pretty he was. Taemin could definitely give his female co-stars something to be jealous of. He was just as pretty, if not prettier than most of them. He looked delicate yet strong at the same time. His features were soft and his skin looked so smooth. 

‘I uh.. Yeah I’m a dancer.’ Taemin nodded a little and smiled softly. Dance was entire life and the fact he was going to be out of commission while his wrist healed was bothering him so much. 

‘So you wanna tell me why the hospital called me hm?’

The taller males last question suddenly had Taemin feeling nervous. His heart was beating quicker and he let out a gentle sigh as he tried to compose himself. He knew he would have to tell Minho the truth but the thought of admitting that him and his friends still played drunk dares to his idol was a little embarassing and he hated that he had gotten himself into this situation right now. He gestured to the chair beside his bed for Minho to sit on and the taller accepted the request, making himself as comfortable as he could on the hard plastic chair. 

'Well see..’ Taemin started softly and chewed on his lip slightly. ‘I was at a party with some friends and we got drunk and a few of them thought it’d be funny to dare me to change my records and list you as my husband since i um.. well i’m a fan of yours. I said it was a stupid idea but they talked me into it and oh god I didn’t think i’d ever end up in this mess or that they’d really call you here. I’m surprised you actually showed up..’ 

Minho took a moment to study the smaller boys face as he spoke, his eyes focused on his plump lips which looked extra soft before he nodded. 

‘I was just chilling in my apartment when my manager called and said someone from the hospital was on the phone as my Husband had been in an accident. You can imagine my surprise at hearing this. I thought it was some kind of prank at first so I asked him to find out the details for me and that’s when I learned your name and decided I wanted to meet you and find out why you were claiming to be my husband.’ Minho said, explaining himself to Taemin who had been listening intently to every word that slipped past the taller males lips, absorbing it like water to a sponge. 

‘I’m really sorry.. i’ll have them change it back immediatly and you can just you know.. go. You don’t have to stay here i’m okay.’ 

‘Actually, i’m curious. Nurse told me that you can leave now since you got your cast all sorted so what do you say we get out of here and go for coffee? I’d like to find out more about Taemin, my Husband.’ Minho said as he looked at him, a teasing smirk playing at the corners of his lips. Teasing Taemin was going to be fun considering the now obvious blush he noticed creeping onto his cheeks at his words. 

'You want to take me to coffee?’ Taemin replied, seeming shocked at the suggestion from Minho. This had to be a dream. There was no way he had asked him to coffee. 

'If you want. You can say no. I’m not going to force you.’ 

‘I just.. Am I dreaming? Are you really here right now?’ 

Minho couldn’t help but to chuckle at this. Aish this kid was too cute. 

'It’s real, Taemin. You really broke your wrist and i’m really here.’ He nodded to him. ‘So what do you say hm?’ 

'I’d love to.’ And with that, both males exited the hospital and headed to the nearest cafe so they could have coffee together. 

Taemin’s friends were never going to believe this when he told them. He was having coffee with Choi Minho who didn’t seem to mind that Taemin had called him his Husband.