A Divine Love

A Divine Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Taehyung was trying to stop the loud wails of a one-year-old, Minjoon when the phone rang. He had a bad feeling but he was never the one to believe such stuff as his guts. Bouncing the little one on his leg, he picked up the phone not knowing that his world would soon be shattered to pieces. 

"Hello?"

'Jeon Taehyung, husband of Jeon Jeongguk?'

Taehyung visibly gulped hearing the unknown yet serious voice on the phone. 

"Who wants to know?"

'Sir, we're sorry to inform you that your husband was earlier met with an accident.'

Taehyung eyes went wide, his ears could not hear anything but the line repeating over and over again in his head. He could not cry, he was in pure shock. He found it extremely hard to gulp the lump in his throat. 

'Sir, are you there?'

He hummed, he did not even have anything left in him to utter a word. 

'He's critical but the doctors ar---'

"Which hospital?"

Taehyung did not waste another second and rushed to the hospital not forgetting to take his son with him. He contemplated leaving the little boy with their neighbors but the little lad was his only emotional support and comfort. 

On reaching the hospital he almost growled at the receptionists about his husband and he rushed to the operation theater where a red light was brightly glowing. Taehyung made Minjoon sit on one of the chairs while he paced to and fro in front of the theater. 

It was not long before his in-laws joined him along with his husband's ex-wife and children. "Why are you here, Jieun?", Mr. Jeon voiced out the question in Taehyung's head. "Of course she should be here. She's his partner.", Mrs. Jeon spat back defending Jieun. 

Mr. Jeon was ready to fight with his wife until Taehyung intervened. "Can we do this later when Jeongguk is alright?", the old man nodded and pitied the poor male before going over to sit with Minjoon. 

It was almost five hours when the light turned off and a doctor walked out. Taehyung was quick to recognize the male as his best friend, Hyungsik. He rushed over and took a minute to take in the sight of blood on Hyungsik's scrubs.

"How is he? Is he alright?", Hyungsik let out a sigh. "I need you to take a seat and calm down, Tae. Please?", Taehyung nodded his head hesitantly and sat on one of the chairs. "We're his parents, you should be talking to us, not him.", said Mrs. Jeon and Hyungsik glared at her. 

"Can you please stop? I don't care if you're older than me, I'll have the security drag you out.", the woman instantly shut up and Hyungsik sat near his friend. "I'm sorry, Tae.", the brunette let out a choked sob. 

"We tried everything but he's in a coma now. We are still unsure of when he'll wake up...", the doctor looked at his friend before continuing, "Or if he'll ever wake up.", he completed. Hyungsik embraced his wailing friend who could not stop his tears from falling. 

"No, you're lying, Sik.", the male weakly threw his fists at the male's chest. Mr. Jeon and the kids teared up at the information while Mrs. Jeon and Jieun scoffed at the male. "Stop causing a scene, will you?", said Jieun with Mrs. Jeoen nodding her head.

Hyungsik glared at the two women before having them dragged by the security guards. Hyungsik had to leave and Mr. Jeon comforted his son-in-law. "He's a fighter, Tae. He'll survive for you.", Taehyung sobbed again nodding his head.

It was an hour later when Hyungsik told the two men that they could visit the ravenette. Mr. Jeon went in first and pushed Taehyung to go in when he was done. Taehyung clutched the hem of his shirt trying to breakdown at the sight of his husband on the bed with the wires and plasters on his body. 

The room was quiet except for the beeping of the machine recording his husband's heart rate. "Gukkie? Can you hear me?", the male spoke in a hushed tone and held his husband's hand taking care not to move the needle piercing his skin. 

Taehyung held the cold hands of his husband as he looked at his face which was partially visible because of the oxygen mask on his face. He looked at the closed eyes of his husband and pecked them as soft as a feather. 

"Please wake up soon. I miss you, already. You promised to come back home when you left for work this morning, right? Why didn't you keep your promise?", the male silently sobbed again. Taehyung gently touched the pale cheek looking at the bandage that was wrapped around his husband's head. 

________________________________________________________________________________

It was almost three days when the male in comatose was moved to a room. Everyone had gathered around the bed looking at Jeongguk on the bed. Lisa and her twin brothers, Seojoon and Sejoon were sobbing as they looked at their still father. 

On the other hand, Minjoon was still unaware of his Daddy's situation and poked his father's side, "Pway wif me.", the little boy mumbled. "Don't do that, you little vermin!", Mrs. Jeon exclaimed angrily causing the little boy to tear up at the old woman. 

"Sorry to interrupt but I need to tell you guys something.", said Hyungsik who had just entered the room. All eyes and ears were focused on him except for Minjoon, of course. "All the doctors who operated on him had a discussion together yesterday. We've concluded that we'll give him three months to wake up and if not...", he dragged not wanting to break them even more. 

"If not, then what Hyungsik?", Taehyung held his friend's collar. Hyungsik took his hands off and held them tight before continuing, "If not...we have decided to pull the plug.", Taehyung laughed humorlessly. "Quit playing around, Sik. It's not funny.", Hyungsik looked down not wanting to meet his friend's bloodshot eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Tae.", the male mumbled before leaving the broken male and walking out. Taehyung had no family, only Jeongguk and Minjoon. He was an orphan with no knowledge about his family. 

Taehyung spent most of his time searching for his family but as much as he hated how he spent too much time for them, he was glad since the search for his parents led him to find the love of his life, Jeon Jeongguk. 

They met when Taehyung went for a job interview since he needed money to continue the search for his family. Jeongguk had just gotten out of his divorce. He was determined to never fall in love again but the next time he did, he fell for the right person. 

Taehyung flipped his world into rainbows and unicorns and Jeongguk could not be more thankful for the little male. Taehyung's happiness knew no bounds when Jeongguk went on one knee on their second anniversary. 

Then came along Minjoon who made their world brighter and cheerful but Taehyung never failed to love his stepchildren just the same. Jeongguk loved his children without a doubt and he promised to do the same. 

But now everything had turned dark.

Taehyung spent most of his time beside his unconscious husband. Some days Minjoon also tagged along only to ask his Dada to play with him. The sight broke Taehyung even more than he already was. 

Taehyung read his husband stories and shared his feelings every time he visited, which was almost every day. Jeongguk's parents visited him as much as they could and the same with the three kids. 

It was almost four weeks when Taehyung was busy reading his favorite novel to his husband. "Wakey wakey.", Minjoon mumbled with a cute bunny smile as he shook his Dada to wake him up. Taehyung put the book away and bit his lip to hold back his sobs.

"Minnie, Daddy will wake up soon, okay? Don't disturb him, baby.", he mumbled out but the one-year-old paid no attention and continued to shake his Dada's body. "Jeon Minjoon, I told you to stop it.", Taehyung yelled at the baby with widened eyes while he had a hard grip on the little one's fragile wrist.

"Tae?", the said male turned his head to look at Mr. Jeon who hurried to pull off a sobbing Minjoon. "What are you doing, Tae? He's just a baby.", the elder said and pat the little one's back. 

"I'm sorry, Dad. I'm sorry. I miss him. I miss my husband, Dad.", Mr. Jeon gave a sad smile to the male and pulled him into a hug with his free hand. Minjoon smiled before patting his Papa's back, "Iths ogay.", the one year mumbled out and Taehyung kissed his tiny fingers.

________________________________________________________________________________

 It had been more than a month since the accident but Jeongguk still showed no signs of waking up. Taehyung tried everything he could but he was slowly losing hope. The hope that his husband will wake up one day and embrace him and cuddle him.

Taehyung felt as if he was barely alive anymore, he felt as if he was a living corpse. So Mr. Jeon thought that it would be better if Minjoon stayed with them for a few days since clearly he was too broken to even take care of himself. 

Hyungsik was concerned about his friend and he decided to visit him one day and that was when he found him unconscious in one of the rooms. The sunken cheeks and the dark bags around his eyes indicated that the male never paid attention to his own body. 

Hyungsik hurried to get his friend to the hospital but the results got him smiling. He could not wait to tell his friend about the news. He hoped that it would cheer him up. Taehyung was out cold for an hour before he woke up. 

"Hey you're awake?", the male nodded and sat up. "Why am I in here?", Taehyung looked around understanding that he was in a ward. "I came to your house but you were unconscious. So I brought you here.", the small male nodded.

"Probably cause I haven't been eating well. Sorry if I got you worried.", the blonde smiled at his friend. "Well, that too. But I have news for you and I think that would cheer you up.", Hyungsik smiled at his friend. 

"You're pregnant, Tae.", Hyungsik cheered out but the other froze the blood draining from his face. But he uttered out something that Hyungsik could not believe, "I don't want it.". The doctor stared at his friend. "What are you saying, Tae?", only tears blurred the hazel orbs as he stared at the wall. 

"I don't want the baby, Hyungsik.", Taehyung mumbled out. "Do you even hear yourself, Tae?", Hyungsik stood up, "You know what? I'm gonna step out for a few minutes and when I come back I hope you'll have a good and reasonable answer.", the doctor walked out leaving his friend behind.

Jeongguk sighed closing his laptop. Minjoon was asleep in the nursery and his husband was right beside him going through some magazine. The ravenette reached for the other's spectacles and took them off placing them on the nightstand. 

"You know Minjoon would be such a good big brother. Taehyung glared at his husband closing the magazine, "So what are you suggesting, my beloved hubby? Adoption?", he wiggled his brows. "Or we could make love right now and get you swollen with our child.", Jeongguk traced his fingers down the other's arms. 

"Oh yeah? Well...", the younger looked at his husband, "What if I wanna do it now?", Jeongguk smiled at his ethereal husband. "Well, then Highness, thy wish shall be my command.", the raven head smirked before hovering over his husband capturing the other's sinfully soft lips in a gentle yet hot kiss. 

Just like every other time Jeongguk took care of his husband as they made slow sweet love. The two cuddled when their session was over. "I can't wait for our little princess.", the raven head rubbed his husband's soft tummy before leaving a peck on the other's temple leaving him to giggle. 

"I hope you made a decision?", Hyungsik's question brought him back to reality. Taehyung shook his head, "No. Whatever I told you, I was not in my right mind, I'm sorry.", Taehyung sobbed. "Why are you crying? Everything's gonna be alright, Tae. Hush now.", Hyungik helped his friend calm down. 

"So what made you change your absurd decision?", Hyungsik handed his friend some water. The corner of his lips curved into a small yet sad smile his hands gently rubbing the still flat tummy, "Because Gukkie wanted a princess.", Taehyung wiped the tears that ran down his face.

It hurt Hyungsik to see his friend in so much pain but he could only pray for Jeongguk to wake up soon or the pregnant male will have to be alone through his pregnancy. "He'll wake up soon, Tae. Please stop worrying about him, yeah? You have another little someone to take care of along with Minjoon.", Taehyung sighed. "So will you be able to do everything by yourself? I can help you out if you'd like?", Taehyung smiled at his friend before telling his friend that he will be alright on his own.

"Let's do an ultrasound, yeah?", the brunette nodded and laid on the bed lifting his shirt to expose his flat tummy which had stretch marks on it from his first one. Initially, he hated those marks but now whenever he looked at them, he could only see Jeongguk leaving little kisses on it and telling him how beautiful and precious those really are.

"You know the protocol, right?", the male nodded and hissed as his friend applied the cold gel on his mid-section. "We'll hear the heartbeat first.", the brunette held his breath in as the other male the machine.

He finally sighed happy tears leaving his eyes when a beautiful rhythmic sound flowed through the room. "Guess someone's gonna be a Papa again. You're already two and a half months in.", Taehyung blinked his tears away as he listened to his friend. Hyungsik then showed him the image of the little pea-sized bundle of joy and handed him the tissues to clean himself. 

"He already looks so handsome, Tae. He's gonna be such a heartbreaker.", Jeongguk grinned Taehyung's hand tightly clutched in his. "You don't even know the gender yet. Moreover, he's only 5 months old and that too inside your husband's tummy, Jeon.", Hyungsik laughed but the proud grin never went off the raven head's face and Taehyung could swear that he would never need anything else in his life. He was contented, he was happy. He felt blessed. 

"Hey, Tae? Are you alright? What's the matter?", Hyungsik panicked on seeing his friend cry again. "I miss him, Sik.", the doctor sadly sighed before hugging his friend and patting his back. "He'll be back soon. Don't lose heart, Tae.", the other nodded before getting off the bed. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Back at the Jeon's residence, Mr. Jeon was trying to calm the cries of the one-year-old who was currently at his residence. "If you stop crying we can see Papa.", he tried coaxing the little boy and it worked like a charm. "Can you please drop him back? He's extremely annoying.", Mrs. Jeon mumbled as she went to open the door which was being knocked. 

"Oh, you.", she scoffed at Taehyung at the door. "Good evening to you too, Mrs. Jeon.", he bowed. Minjoon perked up hearing the familiar voice, "Pwapwa.", he screamed out and Mr. Jeon chuckled before carrying the little one to his parent. "We were just gonna call you, Tae.", the other giggled. 

"Well, I guess I have a perfect timing then.", he stared at his son who had clutched on him as if his life depended on it. "Then, I'll get going. Thank you, Mr. Jeon.", the old man nodded but before the other could leave, a voice stopped him. 

"Why don't you come in, Tae? Let's have a nice cup of tea and have a little chat.", the woman smiled a sweet smile but her husband was quick to notice the venom behind it. Taehyung  nodded his head dumbfounded and came inside following the woman. 

Minjoon was already asleep on Taehyung's lap on his thumb head rested on his Papa's chest. Taehyung felt suffocated from the thick tension filling the room his eyes focused on the glass of lemon tea in front of him. 

He finally decided to break the ice, "So what did you want to talk about, Mrs. Jeon?", the lady smirked as she sipped on her tea. "Well, my husband and I, we have been discussing something.", the old man turned to his wife not understanding what she was talking about. 

"Well, what is it, Mrs. Jeon?", Taehyung was feeling nervous all of a sudden. The lady smirked before replying, "Oh, nothing. I think you should give us the custody of Minjoon. Jeongguk might not be around. You're emotionally unstable which renders you unfit to raise a kid alone.", Taehyung and Mr. Jeon went wide-eyed.

Taehyung cleared his throat, "What are you trying to tell me?", Mrs. Jeon shrugged. "You need to find a psychologist and get some help, Tae. You can't raise a child alone. So leave Minjoon here. He's our grandson.", and that was the last straw for the pregnant male. 

He stood up, "You hate me and my son, why do you care for him all of a sudden? And, Jeongguk will be back. How can a mother say that her own child might die? Are you even a human?", Taehyung spat out and turned to his father-in-law. "I can't believe you did this to me. I thought you and Jeongguk were different from her. I don't know what I was thinking.", he did not wait for a reply as he picked the bag and cradled his son tight before going to the door. 

"And by the way, I won't ask you to take care of Minjoon anymore. Sorry for bothering you.", he walked out. "We can take this to the court, Kim Taehyung.", he stopped in his tracks and turned around to face the old woman. "Really? Great. Do what you can. I won't give up my son.", he spat out and drove off. 

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been almost three months and Taehyung was almost five months along his pregnancy. He gently ran the wet sponge over his husband's immobile body. He was done shaving his face and grooming his hair and it was time to clean his body. Soaking up the sponge he dragged it along the pale skin of his husband and the silence in the room was deafening to him. 

Minjoon was asleep on the couch and his parents never came to visit him again after that day. Even if they tried to, they were not allowed as per Taehyung's request. It had been more than a month and had been missing his other half too much. 

A sudden shuffling of the door had him turning his head. Jieun along with three kids walked in. "Let me just put some clothes on him.", Jieun nodded not really minding the other. Soon Taehyung was done and walked out to the cafeteria with Minjoon in his hold. 

He did not have anything against the four but Jieun and Lisa always found a way to hurt him. The twin boys were the contradiction of the other two. They really liked Taehyung and loved to spend time with him and Minjoon. 

Setting the half awaken Minjoon on his lap, Taehyung sipped on his orange juice. He his little belly feeling the small bump on it. The juice was not the best but was better than much of the other choices they had. Minjoon woke up in less than a few minutes and stole a few sips of the orange juice. 

The duo was lazing around the hospital greeting the patients there until Hyungsik ran up to them. He looked frantic and out of breath. "What? What's wrong?", Taehyung pulled his hand from his friend's grip as he looked at him for an explanation. 

"He's back, Tae.", Taehyung's eyes were blown wide. He took off running back to his husband's ward as fast as his bump allowed him to. He let down Minjoon once he was in front of the room. He could clearly hear the voices of his in-laws too but that was not his concern. 

Taehyung slowly pushed open the door and every noise died down. "Gukkie..", he sat beside him and took his hands in his. "I missed you so much.", he sobbed out unable to control his emotions. "Dada.", came a tiny voice and Hyungsik smiled before helping the little one up the bed. 

"Pway wif me.", Minjoon mumbled out and made his way to Jeongguk's lap. The raven head had not uttered a word but Taehyung was just glad that he had woken up. "What's wrong, son? Talk to them. They missed you so much.", Taehyung wiped his tears and looked at his husband. 

"Why?", Taehyung felt his heart stop. "Gukkie stop playing around.", he tried to laugh and shrug it off but he could not. "What do you mean? And who are you two?", Taehyung's eyes were blown wide. 

"Jeongguk-ah, that's your husband and that's your son.", Mr. Jeon tried again but all in vain as Jeongguk blankly stared at the two. "Gukkie, do you seriously not remember us?", Jeongguk glared at the pregnant male. 

"Look, I really don't know who you are or who this is.", Jeongguk picked up Minjoon handing him over to Taehyung. "I don't even know why you're here.", he spat out. "Do you remember us then?", Mr. Jeon pointed at himself.

"Dad, you're my Dad and Mom, you're mom. Happy?", Hyungsik looked at the raven head. "Who are they?", Jeongguk let out a long sigh. "That's my wife, Jieun. My daughter Lisa and my sons, Seojoon and Sejoon.". 

"Your current spouse?", Jeongguk turned his head to glare at the pregnant male. "Yes. I'm sorry that I don't remember you. If you meant a lot then I guess I wouldn't have forgotten". Ouch, Taehyung shook his head grabbing his bag and walked out as tears kept falling. "Pway wid Dada.", Minjoon mumbled with his baby accent but nothing, he just kept walking. 

"Tae?", Hyungsik held the other's shoulder to stop him. "Tae?", the blonde turned away not wanting to face anyone. "Tae, please just look at me.", he finally lifted his tear-filled eyes to look at his friend. 

"Tae, he'll remember you in no time. Don't stress yourself, Tae.", he tried but the other shook his head. "He was right. He would've remembered me if I meant something to him. Obviously I don't.", the younger shook his head and walked away holding Minjoon. 

Hyunsik scheduled for a CT scan for Jeongguk as soon as he came back. The raven head was pretty reluctant but he gave in after his Father almost begged him. Mr. Jeon was not ready to let his son lose the one valuable thing he had gotten in all these years. 

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a week and Taehyung was not feeling any better. Seeing Minjoon cry for his Dada broke him daily and there were times he thought of aborting the unborn child not wanting to raise the two without the other parent. There seemed to be a war between his brain and his heart but his heart always won and he gave up the absurd cruel thought. 

Hyungsik checked up on him as much as he could but he could only do so much with his tight schedule. Taehyung even tried to visit his husband but his mother-in-law and Jieun had restricted him and it hurt him to see Jieun being the perfect wife to his husband. In the end, he stopped hurting himself and his children.

Hyungsik had given him a time of six months to remember everything but Jeongguk showed no signs, not even the tiniest glimpse. The expecting male was brought back from his train of thoughts when he heard a knock on the front door. He slowly laid Minjoon on the bed and looked at him once before opening the front door. 

Taehyung opened the door only to be met with his father-in-law. He did not want him there but he knew it would not be too polite to do that. "What?", the old man gulped feeling responsible for the cold tone of the male. 

"Well, we have organized a dinner tomorrow to celebrate Jeongguk coming back home and it would be great if you could come, Tae.", the elder smiled but the brunette sighed. "You didn't have to come up to here, you could've just called. My answer is no, I'm sorry.", said the brunette and looked at the other whose smile had dropped. 

"Tae, I--", "Why do you want me there? To hurt me? To make me see that my husband and his ex-wife are a perfect couple? Or, do you wanna take away my children? Didn't you say I'm incompetent?", the pregnant male lashed out angry tears cascading down his face. "Tae? Please hear me out.", the other sighed and nodded shifting his weight to his left. 

"I don't know what my wife was talking about that day but I swear I have no intention of doing such thing, Tae.", said Mr. Jeon and looked at his son-in-law. "I'll see if we can come there.", the old man nodded and gave a little smile the other forcing out one.

______________________________________________________________

Taehyung checked Minjoon one last time before guiding him downstairs. The little one had a red vest over his white shirt and an adorable bow tie to complete his look while the pregnant brunette had slipped into a  red sweater and a pair of khaki pants. 

He helped Minjoon up the couch and made him wear his shoes while the little one kept blabbering about meeting his Dada. Taehyung tried so hard to fit his shoes but his belly was not ready to allow him. After a few tries, he gave up and sat on the couch burying his face in his palms. 

"Tae?", Jeongguk called out the other and panicked hearing soft sniffles from the living room. He hurried to sit beside his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter