Untouchable

Untouchable

Wendy is a mess. On the outside perspective, she may seem calm and collected, chill even; but on the inside she’s a total wreck. A bulldozed crumble of thoughts and feelings that she doesn’t know how to handle. She never was good with emotions-- she’s more of the chuck it down to the deepest, unseeable part of herself and pretend that it’s not blatantly punching her in the face.


 

Joy was the first to break it to her. The younger one had noticed that Wendy had been more giving...more caring to their bear-like friend. She raised an eyebrow as Wendy handed Seulgi another batch of cookies she had made that week with the older one thanking her before leaving for another practice session.

 

“You like her.” Joy started, breaking into her little reverie of thought about how nice Seulgi is always.

 

“Huh?” she asked a bit confused as to what she meant.

 

“You like Seulgi unnie.”

 

“Yes?” she answered, more confused than before because duh she likes Seulgi. She also likes Joy. And Irene unnie. And Yeri. So why is Joy rolling her eyes at her now?

 

“I mean, you like her as more.” Joy paused, looking at her and trying to get a read on her face and Wendy just blinked back and so Joy sighed, exasperated as she continued like it’s the most obvious thing in the world, “you have a crush on her.”

 

Wendy blinked again, staring back at Joy, “No, I don’t….?” but it sounded more like a question than a statement and Joy smirked at her.

 


 

It was a few weeks later when Wendy was in the middle of making another batch of cookies for the week thinking about how Seulgi would like this one more because the ones she baked last week was something with carrots in them and well, Seulgi didn’t take vegetables too well even if it’s mixed with sweet confections. So Wendy decided to make it up to the bear with something she would enjoy, aka, double wobble chocolate cookies when she stopped suddenly and it’s like it dawned on her, eyes widened, and heart suddenly running a mile a minute.

 

“No...” she whispered to no one, voice shaky and filled with worry.



 

She wants to set Joy on fire. Literally. Throw her burnt body to the ocean for the sharks to feed on because ever since that one baking day, she realized that the giant might be right, she started becoming hyper-aware of the ewwmotions that she has for that goddamn sweet bear named Seulgi. Joy isn’t helping either as she randomly checks in on her with messages like:

 

From: Giant

U doin another baking sesh for ur crush?

 

To: Giant

No, I’m just baking.

 

From: Giant

Did u c Seulgi unnie’s post?

 

To: Giant

No

 

From: Giant

Here u go, ur welcome: [link]

 

To: Giant

Why are u doing this to me?

 

The last part had her almost whimpering as she sees Seulgi’s latest post of being cute and dancing and Wendy wants to set herself on fire.

 



Wendy has always been a careful person. Calculating and assessing every decision she makes because she can’t have that one mistake where everything will fall apart. Seulgi...well Seulgi is that one person where she can’t let anything fall which is ironic to her situation right now (Again, curse you, Joy!!!!) because Wendy isn’t fond of saying it out loud and thinks that emotions are for the weak but Seulgi was the unexpected light to her life that suddenly came on the time where she was too caught up on her darkened mind and heart.

 

“Hey, here’s your cookies~” she started, handing the beautifully wrapped package of sweetness to the goodness that is Seulgi.

 

“Thanks!” the bear gave her a smile and she tested out something to see a reaction.

 

“No problem~ You remind me of a bunch of cookies anyway” at this statement, the bear looked at her a bit confused so she grinned and continued, “Your smile is like a sugar cookie. Sweet and nice~” Seulgi laughed at that, eyes turning to the most beautiful crescents Wendy has ever seen.

 

“Nice” the bear said after calming down to a huge smile and saying another thanks to Wendy as the instructor called for her. Wendy sighed.

 

“Your smile is nice and sweet? Really?” Joy’s eyebrows were raised in question as a smirk plastered her features. The older one rolled her eyes.

 

“I was trying to reach out” she defended.

 

“By telling her she’s a cookie?” She groaned.

 

“No.” she paused, as she glared at the taller one, “I said she reminded me of a bunch of cookies.”

 

“Because you want to eat her” Joy teased as Wendy’s face flushed red.

 

“JOY!”

 

Every attempt at her flirting ends up with Seulgi laughing and Joy making off-handed innuendos.
 



Wendy sighs for the upteenth time, eyes boring a hole on her ceiling as she thought about how Seulgi just radiates light. Goodness. Sweetness. How lucky she is to at least be able to feel a sliver of it that’s directed at her every once in a while. She sighs again when her thoughts drifted to all the calculated attempts to see if she might have a chance at something more. Sighs at the end conclusion of her theory that she should just be happy that they’re friends (or at least she thinks they are). Sighs because every time she closes her eyes, she sees the million tiny stars slowly and precisely writing Seulgi’s name on her mind. She’s so caught up in her without the bear even knowing it. Doesn’t know that she’s Wendy’s little taste of heaven.