Caught

Emily

 

They had been following Soohyun about for ten minuets. Some of the trainees had went to get drinks, one of them being Soohyun. The girls and Big Bang quietly followed him. He was at the counter buying the drinks, but the next thing they knew he was gone.

Where is he?” Hana asked the others being replied with a bunch of shrugs. It's surprising how they could possible lose someone when there was seven of them spying. “Did anyone see what way he went?” She pouts, again she was replied with shrugs. “We don't make very good spies.”

Ah, so you were spying on me.”

They all look up to see Soohyun leaning against the wall looking rather amused. “I noticed a while ago. Kind of hard not to notice seven noisy people following you.”

H-Hi Soohyun.” TOP stutters awkwardly smiling at him. “Bye Soohyun.” and with that all of Big Bang run off leaving Hana and Emily to explain the situation.

So?”

Well um... Emily missed you lots and so did I, so well.” Hana stares up at her Oppa with her big brown eyes.

You could have just visited you didn't have to spy.” Soohyun laughs but then he has a sudden realization. “You just wanted to play with your spy kit didn't you.”

Maybe.”


 

 

Emily.” Emily was on the playground under the tree where the gang usually ate. Her teacher Mr Kim had just walked up to her, followed by two men in black suits. “Could you come with me?” Emily was confused but nodded anyways.

She walks with her teacher toward the classroom in silence. When she opens the door she notices that Her parents Mr ans Mrs Chin where inside sitting on chairs in front of the teachers desk. Emily gives them a questioning look but all she gets in response is a shrug.

I wanted to talk to you about the test Emily took a month ago.” Mr Kim takes a seat at his desk but the men stood behind her looking somewhat like body guards.

What about it?” Emily asks confused, “Did I do badly?”

Actually the opposite. You got 100%.” She shows Emily the old marked exam paper which had a newly penned red 'A*' on the front. “The reason you are here is actually because of the 'doodle' you done on the back.”

Didn't you say we could doodle on the back?”

Yes I did. But I didn't expect anyone to do this.” He turned the paper over showing everyone in the room the algebraic question Emily had doodled on her exam. Mr and Mrs Chin's mouths dropped, they looked at there little girl then back at the paper.

OH! It's not right. Well I don't know if it is, I never got the chance to check.”

Check it now.”

Emily takes the paper out of her teachers hand and glances over the sum.

I did it right.” She says looking up after a short while.

I know you did. What I want to know is why?”

Well sometimes lessons are too easy, so I do harder things to challenge myself. I don't usually get it right though.”

These men here are from the government education department. They wanted to talk to you. Emily please can you wait out side.” Emily leaves and the men step forward to take over.

I am Mr Seong and this is Mr Chang. We wanted to tell you about the boarding school in soeul run by the govenment.”

Boarding school?” Mr Chin asks, “No. We wont put her in a boarding school.”

Please let him continue.” Mr Chang says.

As I said it is run by the government. The school is formated for children like Emily, who's level is far higher than average children their age. The school is not split up into age groups like other schools. The children take a test upon entry which will place them in a level group. The school goes all the way up to University.”

We cant send her away for that long. She wont be out of college until she's in her twenties.” Mr Chin holds his wifes had and frowns.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying Mr Chin. The question that she managed to solve is one meant for University students. There is no age limit to our school. If she scores well in the entrance test she may already start University at age ten. Seeing as how most of our students seem to learn quickly, the test is taken four times a year at the end of each term.”

So what you are saying is, Emily could come out of the school in about two years and already have a degree?”

Yes I am.”

What happens after that? It's illegal for a child of twelve not to be in education.”

She can either apply for a certificate that will excuse her from that law, and spend the nine to ten years however she pleases, or We have an home study program. Where she can collect as many degrees as she wants until she decides she wants to work.”

Hunny. I think this may be worth thinking about. It may be whats best for Emily.” Mrs Chin whispers to her husband.

How much does it cost?” Mr Chin asks the men.

Nothing. It is paid for by the government and sponsors.”

Free? Then what does the government get out of the program? Do the students have to work for the government when they are of age?”

They are not forced. Some students join the government, but thats out of choice. Mostly we profit for the fact the school produces students of such intelligence that they go on to produce amazing Doctors, scientists, lawyers, inventors and many more, all of which are a profit to our country.”

I understand.”

Show this to Emily. It is a guide to our school. Let her read that and see if she would like to have a go. She can be taken out of the school whenever she wants, if she ever feels uncomfortable or home sick. This is my card, call me if you want to arrange a tour of the school.” He passed the items to Mr Chin, bowing slightly, then both of the men left the class room.