End

Oh, it's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sire, please stay still"

A servant begged the Duke, Choi Seunghyun, who kept walking around his dressing room, inspecting the products his servant used for him to make him look as polished and attractive as a person could be. 

"I hate going to that palace. That King wants me to marry his daughter to make an alliance between our countries for trade." The Duke stops for a while as he speaks and his servant immediately takes the opportunity to fasten a ruff around his neck. Not long after, the Duke moves to the other side of the room, taking quick steps out of frustration.

"Agh! I hate this collar too! It's so itchy! Why does father want me to marry that woman? I don't even like her!" He yells and the servant sighs, quickly taking hold of his arm and putting on the last piece of clothing, a tight fitting coat. 

"Sire, I understand you're the youngest and most spoiled and don't understand politics, but these are customs and rules you must follow as a royal." The servant speaks with his head bowed. 

"You too, Yedam?" Seunghyun pouts, "Do I exist only to benefit my country?"

"Yes."

"Sounds like horse ."

The servant gave another insufferable sigh, leading him out of their castle to the waiting carriage. 

"Take care, sire. I will await for your good news." The servant smiled and bowed as the carriage pulled away with the Duke inside it, accompanied by several guards. 

 

 

The palace looked like the most threatening existence to Duke Seunghyun as he stepped out of the carriage. 

The lights, the laughter and chatter, the smell of alcohol, flowers and perfume in the air barely made the atmosphere comfortable for him.

"Duke Choi Seunghyun, we are ever so grateful for your presence." The palaces' guards bent on one knee to welcome him.

Seunghyun regarded them quietly before entering the palaces' ballroom. His own guards stood outside to take care of the carriage. 

Upon entering, it was impossible for the Duke to avoid attention, Curse you, Yedam! he thought as everyone ogled at him, the crowd moving by themselves to make way for him to cross through them.

The daughter was sitting on a throne with her father, the king, at the end of the ballroom. 

He sighed inwardly, reminding himself this is his unfortunate purpose as a royal and made his way slowly towards her. 

Smash

The Duke is stopped abruptly as a lady falls infront of him, her wine glass smashing against the marble floors and sending the liquid and glass pieces flying everywhere. 

His shoes had gotten dirty. 

"Oh my! My gravest apologies, Duke Seunghyun!" She bows with a saddened expression on her face, but the Duke didn't miss the way she pushed her busty cleavage forward as she leant to bow.

A flash of black appears before Seunghyuns' eyes and his eyes move to look who it is. 

A boy of fair skin, pink cheeks and lips, black hair and slim body is bending over the mess, a towel in hand, wiping his shoes first before the mess and picking the shards of glass with bare hands. 

"You should have protected the lady from falling if you were so close, peasant!" A man, the Duke assumed to have been associated with the busty lady, shouted at the boy.

"Please forgive me, I was not looking towards your direction, good Sir" The boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter