Who Am I?!

My Guardian Angel

“Where am I?” The young lady in black silk pajamas opened her eyes to a whole new set of surrounding and she thought she was dreaming. 


Is this the latest trick of the Deity of Dreams? 


She was covered in a thick olive green blanket and she felt a little weird with her body, as if she had lost something. Touching her back for something she knew she had before, she felt something horrid crawling from the pit of her stomach all the way to her heart. 


“WHERE ARE THEY?”


A virtual portal door swung open in a split second to reveal two mortals who looked surprised at the loud roaring coming from the bedroom. 


“You are finally awake Miyeon. You scared us!” A cheeky-looking mortal smirked at her, chewing off some beef jerky and the female mortal standing next to the door frame ignored him by walking towards the distressed one and said, “Welcome to your humble abode, Cho Mi Yeon.” She showed another smirk and put out her left hand, anticipating a return handshake.


“Who are you? Why do you look like Lumi but you are in human form?” Miyeon covered herself with the blanket which smelt very familiar to her for some reason. “And who is he? I’ve never seen him before?” Two pairs of eyes went straight at the mischievous one and he furrowed his eyebrows with a supposedly sad pout. Oh that look, she knew him from somewhere. “Hoot?” she asked carefully, and he jumped up happily, running towards her in joy as if he had wings and flying towards her. 


“You recognised me!” Before he could hopped onto Miyeon, a taller person appeared and stopped him abruptly with his left foot, tripping the poor owl onto the ground with a loud thud. “You stupid cat! I knew it was a bad idea that Miss Lumi brought you here as well! Why did you bring him along?”


She glared at both of the guardian animals and said, “Hoot…I mean Minhyuk, while we are here, we are equals. So stop treating me like a Goddess and my mortal name is Mina, so stop calling me Lumi.”


Upon hearing that, Miyeon blinked slowly and closed her eyes tightly. This is a dream, this is definitely a dream. Why are Hoot and Hun in human form, and why is Lumi speaking so gently in front of me? This must be a dream, this must be!


“This is not a dream Miss, you are here with us now and I’m sorry I surprised you.” Before she could reply, Hun came so close to her and patted her on the head softly; His eyes were sparkling and his smile was gentle. How did the adorable tabby Hun became such a softie?


“It’s me, Hun?” He tilted his head to the left in question and waved his hand in front of his owner. “Are you alright? Do you know where we are?” Shaking and burying her head onto the blanket in response to Hun’s question, she realised she could not remember what happened before this. 


“Apparently, the other Gods and Goddess wanted to banish you to the mortal world for good but the Wise One stepped in to save you,” Mina explained, pacing back and forth around the room while Hun was sticking so closely to Miyeon for dear life and Hoot was lying on the cool ground for comfort. “As a compromise, they decided to give you a chance to prove yourself as a Guardian Angel, but you have to survive without any powers. Basically you are a mortal now and you can die easily, like a mortal so be extra careful. Don’t bump or trip or jump off any high places like you always do just because you had wings.”


The look on Miyeon’s face was priceless, what did the proud and loud Snow Deity say to her? Has she finally mellowed down? Why was she being nice?


“Yes stop looking at me like that. You are a mortal now, you are no longer a Guardian Angel. We are here to visit you in secret and especially Hun, came together with you so you can prove to the Heavenly Kingdom that you are worthy of that title. That you actually earn it yourself.” The two animal-shifter nodded their heads in agreement while Mina continued, “All of us have our powers, except you. Hun can still transform into his other form but he is forbidden to do so since mortals cannot see him do that, and that includes you.”


“So…what you are saying is…I am a mortal now? What happened to me back in the Kingdom? Why can’t I remember anything? I can only remember…you three and the Wise one? Why am I being punished?”


“The higher-ups actually cleaned you of any memories related to the Heavenly Kingdom so you can start afresh in the mortal world with your real personality and feelings, but Hun, as the reliable guardian animal he is, managed to restore some of your memories with us so you wouldn’t freak out when you saw us here.”


A few seconds of silence followed after Mina’s explanation, as well as the loud munching sound coming from Minhyuk, or Hoot the Owl. 


“Why do I have memories of myself being a mortal?” Miyeon shut her eyes tightly to recall her memories and she could remember some memories, very vague and blurry memories of people in traditional clothings with hearty laughters surrounded by a busy marketplace selling different food and accessories. What and whose memories were those? 


“Miss, do you have any memories now?” Hun asked, crouching down and looking up at his distressed owner who was scrunching her entire face to recall something important. 


“I do…there were many very old-looking marketplaces, people in hanboks and delicious traditional honey cookies...as if it was yesterday….”


All of them looked at each other in confusion. What was she talking about? The only memory that should’ve been in her mind was the fabricated mortal life the God of Dreams and the God of Deception had created together so she would wake up in her mortal life, thinking she needs to do what other 18-year old mortals do. Attend classes, get into a good university, graduate, get a job and survive in the mortal world. There will be obstacles coming her way to prove her compassion and her will to become a Guardian Angel. She is to help, guide and protect other people, she is to bring peace, others to safety and most importantly, love them unconditionally. 


“What are you talking about? You are now an 18-year old senior in high school, getting ready for your finals and prestigious college and university.” Mina spoke in a concerned tone and continued, “You are in the year 2021 and you have an older brother and a loving pair of parents. Your parents run a bakery shop while your older brother, Cho Young Dae is just a normal older brother who dotes on you a lot.”


“Huh? I have a family here? That is weird-“


“Miyeon? Are you awake? You are late for school!” A deep voice echoed throughout the corridor and into her room. “Oh he is here...so quickly. You did use the Time Delay capsule didn’t you?” Mina glared at Minhyuk who just scratched his head in response, as if to say, “I did not bring it with me…”


“Anyway Miyeon, just remember, try to survive here and we will help you as much as possible. Hun will turn into a cat to stay by your side, just remember to close your eyes so he would not get caught.”


“What do you even mean? I am looking at him right now, so shouldn’t he be caught by now?” Miyeon asked, confused by the whole situation.


“He will only get caught when you see him transform, and you do not want to see him transform from a cat to a mortal form. You will be scarred for life, you innocent little Angel. Anyways, just pretend you only have memories of this mortal life and also…” The footsteps were getting louder and several knocks were heard from the other side of the wooden door.


Hun and Minhyuk were teaming up to open a portal so that they could transport elsewhere and not to be seen by mortals.


“…you know that as a mortal, you will be assigned a Guardian Angel. I heard he is new and since we gave you the ability to see us both in mortal and spirit forms, you will be able to see your new Guardian Angel too. So just pretend you don’t see him at all okay?”


“Wait what? Why should I-“


“Miyeon, I’m coming in now okay! You better be up when I open this door!” Youngdae yelled, as Mina placed her hand over Miyeon’s eyes and a cold breeze swept through the entire room which gave Youngdae shivers when he finally opened the door.


“Wow, I did not know it was winter here. Geez, just wake up already Miyeon. Mum is-“ He was silenced by an abrupt hug from his little sister who rushed to him and...who appeared to be sniffling. “Oh did I do something wrong? Or are you pretending to cry so you wouldn’t have to clean the house this weekend?”


That smell, she knew somewhere in her fuzzy memories, it was the smell of her favourite person in the world.


She looked up to see her older brother from her past life, who was supposedly killed during a war two days before they could escape. She remembered him now…but how is he alive in this world? And why did she remember him?


“Stop crying you little devil. I know you are trying to win my sympathy but you are not going to!” He detached himself off the crying one and flicked her on the forehead with a smirk. “Last one to arrive at the breakfast table has to help mum and dad with the bakery this whole month!”


He dashed off quickly, knowing he did not have to work all month at the dreadful bakery and he can finally hide himself from the amount of girls who always surround him all the time.


“Oh my, what have I put myself in this time?” she mumbled softly while Hun, the cat who was hiding under the bed, popped his head out to take a closer look at his owner. Before he could speak, he could feel someone's presence in the room. The strong force who appeared next to her with a mysteriously deep and soothing voice, spoke, “I’m finally here for you, Miss Miyeon.” 

 


Ta-dah~ Here's my first chapter! I started writing without a plan and here is the result haha. I hope you enjoy the first chapter and I will be back with more chapters!

My dear little guardian angel finally met her older brother who was also her brother in one of her past lives! You don't know who Youngdae is, he is from Extraordinary You and the Penthouse!

 

How will she handle the mortal life with no power, her beloved guardian cat and a new guardian angel? Stay tuned to see how her life goes! 

 

Also, Happy Valentine's Day to you all! ~ ♡♡

 

Here's a gif of Hwiyoung and Miyeon! I'm so sad Hwiyoung is the second male lead, they look so good together!!

 

Anyways, I have to sleep early since I have to return to my reality and do some actual work! Till then, see ya later ♡