Prologue

My Guardian Angel

She was the one of the first mortals who became a Guardian Angel without any reputation or approval. She was granted the title immediately in order for her to live. The Wise One took a liking to her when she was a mortal. He was her guardian angel and he wanted to grant her a life she never had. Away from the Evils and hardship. During the last minutes of her last life, the Wise One revealed himself beside her. Someone has attempted to frame her which led to her untimely death. However, the Wise One knew she took the poison to exchange her life for someone she loved, someone she wanted to spend her life with and someone she wanted to protect. Her compassion and that fiery look in her eyes drawn him in and surprised him every time he appeared nearby to guard her. She was the perfect Guardian Angel, or so he thought.
 

Knowing he could no longer take care of her, he wanted to say goodbye to her one last time before the Goddess of Death arrives to collect her soul. He was ashamed that despite being her Guardian Angel, he could not protect her this time or any other time before. Maybe it was the fault of the Deity of Fate & Time but that was another meeting he needed to have sooner or later.

Revealing himself in front of a mortal was forbidden, but he knew he had to say a proper goodbye to her since it was her last life.

“Miss Cho Miyeon, I am your-“
 

She interrupted him by giving him a wide smile. He stopped talking to return the smile. As a Guardian Angel, it was best not to have overwhelming feelings for a mortal, but it was his first time feeling pain in his chest. Why was he feeling this way?
 

“You finally appeared, Mister Angel,” she whispered softly, breathing in and out as much as she possibly could. She had always taken in poison since she was young so her immunity to the poison was quite high. The poison was taking its time to be spread throughout her entire being.
 

“You…know me?” he asked curiously, taking a few steps closer and settled down next to her.
 

Nodding her head, she mumbled, “Thank you for looking over me…” Her breathing was becoming ragged and she knew she feel her time was finally up. Looking at her current state, he grabbed her hands which were as cold as that chilling winter dusk and noticed her eyes opened for the last time as her smile slowly faded away.
 

“You…what is your last wish? I promise to fulfil that wish to you,” he lied through his teeth, as he knew her time as a mortal was up, but something in him wanted her to live. She ended her last two lives early, and this time too. What a pitiful mortal he thought. She did not reply as he held onto her freezing hands. As he wrapped his arms around her to make sure she was comfortable even at the last minute, she muttered with her last breath, “I want to live happily…in my next life…”
 

Realising the weight of her words, his heart sank. He knew that was her last life. He felt her entire body getting colder while his chest felt like it was stabbed by an endless number of arrows on the battlefield. He refused to let her die this way, especially not for someone as pathetic as her lover, if he could say frankly. No more of this stupid love story he thought. He silently brought her lifeless mortal body with him as he spread his wings to travel back to Heaven. There must be some way for him to revive her. 
 

However, he broke 3 significant rules that night.

1. He was forbidden to be seen by any mortals, not even the ones he was guarding.

2. He took away the body of a dead mortal when it was the responsibility of the Goddess of  Death to collect her soul.

3. He turned her into a Guardian Angel by accident when he transferred part of his immortality and power to her.
 

Given he was the oldest son of the Wisest Ones or called the Sage, no one dared to question his actions. 
 

That is how our dear little Guardian Angel came to life, and this is how her journey to relive her mortal days start.