Prologue

The War

               “I can’t do this.”

“What are you talking about? Of course you can, this is your destiny.”

               “Mom, Dad I know it is, I’ve been told this my whole life but I don’t want to. What if I mess up? What if we all fail? What if we die?”

“That is the risk we must take. We know you will not, the seer has sworn her word.”

               “What if these sayings are lies?!”

“They are not! Enough! This is your mission and you must prepare now. You are their queen in this mission and the future queen of these planets. Do what is told and everything will balance out.”

                “Yes, your majesty.’

“Good. Now, Ten, take my daughter to the room to discuss things further.”

“Of course your majesty.” He said going next to the princess and bowing to the king and queen before turning and exiting the room. He led her through the castle halls, each step feeling closer like eternity for the girl. Once they got to the doors of the room Ten reached out to open the door. However, his arm was held in a firm grip before he could.

              “Do you think this is right?” The girl questioned looking at him pleading for his answer.

“Of course, it is meant to be.”

“Ten, I am not talking about what the seer says is right. How do you all know I can do this? That we can do this?”

“Do not worry about these things. We are all prepared and with The Guardian and his right-hand man we will get through this.”

              “I-I just…. are you sure?”

“Yes, I am. We will be able to do this successfully. We will come up with a brilliant plan and conquer what we are supposed to do.”

The girl nodded and let go of Ten’s hand. After she let out a breath of air he turned the doorknob and they entered the room.

“Mama.” They all said as they bowed to the girl.