Fin

Literally a proposal

 

It had been a tired week and all Chorong needed was a getaway. Her roommates Bomi and Hayoung had told her to take a week off for a healing trip in which Chorong rejected outrightly. And that was why she ended up staying in the comfort of the 4 walls of her own room, drinking cans of beer while watching the newest episode of the drama on Netflix. Her 2 other roommates were probably staying inside Hayoung’s room playing the shooting game they’d been wanting to try. 

 

Despite being busy with most of the thing she had, her boss actually gave her 2 weeks off as a reward after the project she was leading got the recognition and nice reaction from not only the public, but also board of directors and the employees of the company. 

 

At first, Chorong wanted to decline the offer, but after her boss told her that she needed some rest from pulling all of those all-nighters for the whole weeks, Chorong relented and accepted her given rewards. Well, there were other reasons why accepted it, but she decided not to dwell with it and just accepted. 

 

In the middle of watching, her phone suddenly rand and not only that startled her, it also broke her focus. Turning to her side, she picked up the phone and found out that it was actually her crush calling her. If Bomi saw it, she would definitely tease Chorong endless about how her cheeks becoming red just because of a call and a name. after all, her crush was Bomi’s best friend who also happened to be her boss at the company she was working at. 

 

After contemplating for a few seconds, Chorong lowered the volume of her tv and answered the call with her pounding heart and the warmth slowly creeping onto her cheeks. Clearing , she slid the answered icon and put the phone on her ear whilst trying to calm her heartbeat before to talked. 

 

“Hello, Ms. Jeong?” Chorong greeted while masking the nervousness with the cold tone she often used to someone at work. 

 

“Uhm… hi, Chorong-unnie.” Chorong knitted her brows when she heard the slight nervousness from her boss’ tone. And her boss called ger by using her name instead of her being formal which could mean that this was a private matter between the 2 of them. Chorong needed to throw away the honorifics for the mean time. 

 

“You good over there, Eunji-yah?” Chorong worriedly asked. 

 

“I’m good, but I might need some help from you, unnie.” Eunji had answered from the other line and Chorong was beyond confused. What kind of help did Eunji need in private from her? 

 

“Okay. Tell me the detail.” Chorong replied and turned off the tv as she went to her study table and grabbed the pen to write everything Eunji was going to tell her later. 

 

Chorong could hear Eunji hummed and the sound of paper flipping and folders being opened from the other line. “Actually, there’s this proposal I needed to talk with you directly and this is going to be very personal because it’s directly requested by the CEO.” Chorong knitted her brows. She didn’t expect another company’s CEO requested for her. 

 

“I…. see.” Was the only thing Chorong could answer at the moment. She knew her success from the previous time would only bring other challenges and most of them were probably going to be dumped to her since she was only one of the few that could succeed under the pressure of time and expectation. 

 

“Can you meet me at 3, unnie? I’ll talk to you about the detail of the proposal later.” 

 

“Got it. Text me the address, okay. I’ll see you later.” After getting an okay from Eunji, Chorong ended the call and leaned onto the backrest of her chair. Meeting with Eunji was definitely going to be hard as she didn’t know how to hide her feelings from the younger girl. But even so, she decided to wear her heart on her sleeves for today. Great choice, because she knew how the younger girl could be oblivious as hell. 

 

Eventually, Chorong decided to get ready for her private meeting with Eunji. She needed to get rid of the alcohol smell from her entire body and breath. She didn’t want to give the wrong impression for the younger girl. 

 

Taking out her favorite white shirt and black jeans, Chorong went to the bathroom and took a refreshing bath. It hadn’t been a long time since she developed these blooming feelings toward her boss yet her longing made it seems like she was crushing on Eunji for years already. And if Bomi didn’t know about it, Chorong wouldn’t have made an expectation. Seriously, all of these were Bomi’s fault. 

 

15 minutes later, Chorong was finally out from the bathroom clad in the clothes she’d picked out. All left was to wear her oversized grey cardigan (the one Hayoung’s girlfriend got for her during her birthday. Bless Namjoo for her kind heart unlike her girlfriend) grabbed her key, phone, and purse. Brushing her hair and neatly tucked the strands behind her ear, Chorong was good to go. 

 

Chorong left from the apartment as quiet as she could, not wanting to make her roommates questioning her about her whereabout and her money dry by asking her to buy foods for them. Walking through the hallways, Chorong got onto the elevator which happened to be opened since she saw her neighbor who used the elevator. She tapped the panel which was heading to the basement. She waited for a few seconds until the elevator tinged and the door was opened. And when it was opened, Chorong stepped out from the elevator and went to where her car was parked at. 

 

Unlocking her car in a swift manner, Chorong got into the driver seat and put on her seatbelt. Soon after she started the engine, she drove out of the basement and headed to the place Eunji had texted her earlier. It wasn’t that far from her apartment building and she was glad that it wasn’t located near the heart of the city. She hated the traffic so much. 

 

Luckily for her, there wasn’t any traffic on her way to the café which made it easier and faster for her to arrive. After parking her car, Chorong took her things with her and got into the café. Inside the café, she spotted Eunji in her casual attire with her hair hanging loosely by her shoulder. seated on the corner of the café next to the glass window. If only Eunji knew about how she had made Chorong’s heartbeat gradually speeding up just by looking at the younger girl being so pretty. 

 

Still with her beating heart, Chorong made her way to Eunji and took a seat across of the younger girl and breaking the girl’s deep thoughts in the process. On the table, there were 2 folders stacked in front of them and 2 cups of vanilla lavender latte. 

 

“Hi, unnie. You look good today.” Eunji praised and that had Chorong blushed. It wasn’t a rare occasion for Eunji to praise her like that but at the same time it made Chorong’s heart throbbed harder. 

 

“Thanks. You look good too.” Chorong shyly replied. She didn’t lie though. Eunji looked good mostly in anything she wore, but with that black hoodie, round specs, and jeans, man that had Chorong’s tummy twisted into a knot. 

 

Eunji smiled warmly at Chorong before she took the folder at the top and started explaining to Chorong about the next project she was about to have. Chorong listened attentively because this project was going to be under her responsibility later on. 

 

Eunji admired how Chorong turned so serious and professional when it was related to job matters, even if she was supposed to take a break from the previous project. The older girl was very different on and off work. Chorong when she was on work, she could be strict and had that unapproachable aura around her, but when she was off work, the girl was relaxed, soft and timid and cute. She felt great to be able to find some times to spend with the girl in front of her. 

 

“I think I’m okay with this, but is really okay for me to pick the members of my team on my own?” Chorong asked with a hint of hesitation on her tone. 

 

“It’s okay, Unnie. Besides, you only worked with the ones you trust, so I’m not going to ruin it. Working with people you don’t trust could destroy your performance after all.” Eunji said for assurance. 

 

“Okay then. I’ll handle this project accordingly I won’t let you down, Eunji-yah.” Chorong finally agreed and she swore she could see Eunji’s eyes glowed brighter when she heard Chorong agreeing to this project. 

 

“I forget to tell you this, Unnie. Other than you, I’m going to be directly involved for some parts during the project evaluation. I’m telling you beforehand so you wouldn’t feel confused later on.” Eunji had said again and Chorong nodded her head again. 

 

There was one folder left on the table and Chorong was dying to know what was inside the said folder. But for now, she set it aside and focused on getting to know her boss better. 

 

Eunji, to her surprise, was an only child and spoiled rotten by her grandparents, but that didn’t make her become that snobbish rich heir Chorong could ever find. She was hardworking and taught to gain everything on her own without relying on her wealth. She was taught to be humble and never flaunt for unnecessary and unimportant events. 

 

Chorong in return, told everything about her from being the oldest daughter of 3 siblings to how she graduated from a private university in Seoul and graduated with flying colors and counted as the highest score amongst her class and worked as a team leader with good reputation in a company which had a reputation for being so hard to apply for a job.

 

Their talk was going further from life to pets and they could casually throwing jokes here and there without minding their status as boss and worker. They no longer think about that. 

 

It was only when Eunji started to look nervous that Chorong began to worry and asked if Eunji was sick. Eunji shook her head but then said she wanted Chorong to check the last proposal she had. This time, it wasn’t from any company but Eunji herself. 

 

“Actually, I have another proposal for you to read. You can tell me whether you want it or not by the end of our meeting today.” Eunji had said and Chorong nodded her head. She was kind of worried yet also curious what was the proposal about. Eunji handed the folder to the older girl and waited for the older girl’s reaction. 

 

Chorong opened the folder and started to eye the proposal and checked if it was from another company or from her own company. And when she noticed that it was indeed from her own company, she breathed out a relieved sigh. Then she started to read it line by line. 

 

As Chorong read the proposal, Eunji sipped on her lavender latte to hide how nervous she was at the moment. She also used her latte to hide the smile and the red slowly painting her face. 

 

By the time Chorong finished reading the proposal, she took her time to read it one more time to make sure what she was reading was real and blinked when her eyes fell onto a certain passages of the proposal. 

 

‘I found you extremely pretty and every single time I saw you, I just wanna tell how pretty you are and I’m hoping to be able to get close to you and be your number 1 friend I’m terms of anything. 

 

I don’t mean to be a creep, but every time I saw you, I just wanna hug you and squeeze your adorable cheeks because you often puffed them up whenever you thought there was no one watching. I found you cute doing that and I really want to ask you to his question, you know. 

 

Will you be my girlfriend, Unnie? 

 

Here are the benefits of being my girlfriend: 

- Free cuddles

- Cozy dinner and I’m going to cook

- Movie nights every weekends 

- Kisses and hugs 24/7 

- Your best companion you ever had

- Me being a total cutie for you 

 

From all I’ve mentioned above, all left to do is giving me the answer. You can either give me an OK or yes. OK is only for point number 1 and 2 while yes works for all. And if you want to accept me with OK, you can look at me and wink with your left eye. But if it’s a yes, I want you to sit in front of me and drink the coffee I bought for you. 

 

Thank you for reading this confession letter in the disguise of a proposal. I hope you would go for the coffee because I want to go for your heart 😍😍

 

Love you, 

 

Jeong Eunji’s 

 

After reading that, Chorong felt embarrassed and felt the heat creeping until her neck. Eunji was definitely going to be the death of her. But then she decided to take the cupid coffee and drank it. Surprisingly, the coffee tasted delicious even though it wasn’t her style. 

 

“So that mean, it’s a yes?” Eunji asked hopefully and Chorong could see the resemblance between her boss and a puppy. 

 

“Yes, you dummy. You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this moment.” Chorong replied with a shy smile. 

 

 

Hearing that, Eunji gleamed and stood from her seat and gave Chorong a peck on her lips, surprising the older girl. But none of them mentioned it, instead they just giggled and enjoyed their times together.