Hits and Misses

SPIN-OFF: EXO Lu Han's Snobbish (Man Hater) Soulmate [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[A/N: Annyeong! Teehee! Let me thank you for the very very hilarious comments for Chapter 48! Awesome! Uhm, anyway, I'm not sure if I can update tomorrow. I will be stuck in a 16-hour flight. Krisus, I'll miss everyone. To add to that, my month-long trip doesn't give me the complete assuarance--whether I can update everyday or update at all. Shisus. sobs… Hope I can update. Pleaseu. Huhu. (cries) But heehee, let's treasure what we have right now… Oops I think nobody's reading this.. I talk too much. Heehee. LONG CHAPTER 49 to make up for the days that I won't be updating. :(]

---

>>>LU HAN'S POV<<<

I have absolutely no idea why that happened. How, even?

Birds of the same feather do flock together.

I disagree. 

They're not birds.

And they don't have feathers for flocking, for flying.

The two of them are so low, they can't even fly.

Aggravated, I am. I glanced back at Lee Donghyun. I cannot let Donghyun toy with Chae Rin's heart.

I squinted my eyes, and for a second, I thought I saw horns growing from his head. I jabbed his face with my fist.

Donghyun laughed at me. "You won't lose to Himchan tomorrow. He's the goalkeeper." 

"So am I." I declared and attempted to punch him. He blocked me. "Reserve your wrath for my boss--oops, I meant best friend. So long, farewell, Lu Han." 

Then I was alone. I jolted back to my car.

Chae Rin should not suffer anymore. If she needs to, then I'll gladly take the suffering. Fine, Himchan and BAP can win the soccer match tomorrow, given that Chae Rin won't be harmed.

Obviously, I can't throw my dirty laundry on live television tomorrow, so I'll just have to play fair. If those two are out to chop my limbs tomorrow, then I'm up for it. I should be extra mindful. You can sabotage the game, but you can't lay a finger on Chae Rin and Joon Myun. 

And Joon Myun is mad at me right now because I tolerated Mi Yeul's rude behavior. Damn it, Mi Yeul, Joon Myun is just five. 

Himchan is threatening me. Goalkeeper versus Goalkeeper. EXO versus BAP.

Come to think of it, it's just a soccer match. If we lose, nothing won't happen. Chae Rin isn't the prize.

She'll never be… because I don't want to. 

She's not even an object to begin with.

Damn. Exact reason why I'm fired up and at my wit's end. Donghyun and Himchan are just passing Chae Rin around as if she's a non-living thing.

But if I win, I won't get anything as well, but I give a crazy damn fudge about the biggest soccer match of my life. If I need to shed off my good boy image tomorrow, then I would do so.

My premonition tells me that once the cameras stop rolling, something inhumane will happen.

So Chae Rin, don't watch. 

May the odds be in my favor.

>>>FAST FORWARD<<<

I told EXO that I wanted to win the soccer game against BAP, but of course, I skipped the Kim Himchan threat part.

Only my best friend knows about it. "So should I aim the ball on Himchan's face, or do I hook my screwdriver on my shorts?" Se Hun asked.

I let out a forced laugh. "Thanks. I appreciate the humor, but man, I don't know. I just want to get this day over with. Win or lose, I need to protect Chae Rin and Joon Myun." 

"Hmmm, but maybe they're not planning to harm Chae Rin and Joon Myun." Se Hun assumed.

I shook my head. "Either way, I should be careful." I said then we both wore our jersey shirts.

"So Chae Rin's going to watch?" He asked me, breaking the ice.

I shrugged. "I don't want her to. She won't like it if I kick Donghyun's ."

"Are you really sure that she likes Donghyun?" Se Hun asked.

"Maybe. My emotions tell me that she doesn't, but my eyes tell otherwise." 

"Looks can be deceiving." Se Hun reminded.

"But Se Hun, did you see Chae Rin today?" I blurted out as the two of us joined the other idols lined up for the marathon.

'Uhm, yeah. She brought your son, Joon Myun." 

I half smiled. Pleasing news, but Joon Myun's still mad at me. But I hope that they leave once our afternoon soccer face-off starts. I just don't want Chae Rin and Joon Myun to see live wrestling on the soccer field.

>>>CHAE RIN'S POV<<<

I sat with Joo Young on the bleachers. 

"Uhm, Chae Rin, will you stay until the soccer match?" Joo Young asked me.

Joon Myun was happily playing with the Lu Han fan I bought for him.

"Well, I'm not sure. Why, Joo Young?" 

Pregnant lady smiled and caressed her stomach. "Nothing. Won't Joon Myun be tired?" 

"Hmph. I came here to watch Se Hun hyung and not Lu Han appa. I'm mad at appa." Joon Myun hissed, nudging his head on the small teddy bear.

"Why are you mad at Lu Han? Isn't he your appa?" Joo Young questioned my little brother playfully.

"Because he brought a witch to the party last night. I don't like it when Lu Han appa has evil friends." Joon Myun replied.

Joo Young gently kissed my brother's hair and turned to me. "Chae Rin, you know that Lu Han will be battling with Himchan, right?" Joo Young whispered cautiously.

I nodded and began to worry.

4 PM. The match will begin in an hour.

"I'm not sure if I want to watch." I admitted.

I was scared. Himchan has always been the cheater, both in games and…

love… 

But then, he didn't love me.

"Is Lu Han's leg fine? Didn't he have an injury when they did the dance battle?" Joo Young asked me with genuine concern.

That Injury. 

"I hope." 

Joo Young scowled. 'Pfft. That Donghyun is so dim-witted. It's his fault that Lu Han sprained his leg minutes before the dance battle. Imagine, Donghyun slammed the door between Lu Han's foot!" Joo Youn exclaimed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter