Girlfriend

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, honey. I've been looking everywhere for you."
 
Sakura is undeniably shocked to see Minju there. Even so, Minju's presence gave her momentary solace. She was on the verge of falling from the cliff when Minju came in to save her.
 
"Honey, are you okay?" asked Minju, holding Sakura's face.
 
Sakura peeked at Chaewon for a second just to see that the latter was surprised too with Minju's sudden appearance.
 
"H-how did you know I'm here?" she asked Minju.
 
"I was looking for you and noticed that your IM status was idle, so I asked Hyunjin." Minju pulled her hand away to intertwine their hands together.
 
And Sakura loved the warmth of Minju's hand on hers. She looked at Chaewon. "Uh, Chaewon, this is--"
 
"Minju, right?" Chaewon's eyes were on Minju who nodded at her. She shifted back to Sakura. "Have you forgotten your girlfriend and I have already met?"
 
The term girlfriend is too much for Sakura to take. "Uh. Yeah. I forgot..." She scratched her head.
 
"Sakura has always been forgetful lately because she's too busy." Minju brushed a stray hair from Sakura's eyes. "Right, honey?"
 
Sakura felt Minju squeezing her hand. She nodded. "Yeah. Yeah..."
 
Chaewon studied Sakura for a moment. "Your hair was long when we met last time. Decided to finally cut your hair short?"
 
"It's her request." Sakura pointed at her fake girlfriend who smiled.
 
"Ahh." Chaewon nodded.
 
"Um. Could you excuse us for a while?" Sakura asked Chaewon. "Minju and I need to talk outside for a moment."
 
"Sure. We'll just be right here."
 
Sakura didn't waste any second and dragged Minju along outside the room.
 
---
 
They let go of each other's hands once they are outside.
 
"Are you all right?" asked Minju, looking worriedly at her.
 
Sakura evaluated herself for a second. "I think... I think I'm okay."
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Yeah. I'm cool."
 
Minju exhaled. "Okay. That's good to hear."
 
"How did you know I'm here again?" asked Sakura, still confused.
 
"I was looking for you because I needed to hand over the materials from Chani. Hyunjin told me you're here."
 
Sakura hummed. "And are you aware that Chaewon is here?"
 
Minju nodded. "I saw Chaewon's picture on the outline Hyunjin showed me."
 
"Oh."
 
"I went here because I was worried. It might affect you. It might affect your work. You lost the ability to speak the last time Chaewon showed up in your apartment."
 
"Oh." Sakura scratched the back of her neck, feeling embarrassed. "Thanks, Minju."
 
"Were you affected?" asked Minju.
 
"I don't know." Sakura shrugged. "I'm confused. I thought she won't affect me anymore. But hearing her speak the way she spoke to me before made me feel something."
 
"Something like?"
 
"It's hard to explain." Sakura smiled. "But I felt nostalgic a while ago there. Suddenly it felt like everything was coming back to me."
 
"Were you jealous of her boyfriend?"
 
Sakura chuckled as she shakes her head. "The dude is handsome."
 
"So, what exactly did you feel when you saw them together?" asked Minju, a little impatient now.
 
"Um... I don't really know..." Sakura shrugged again. "Because everything went okay when you came in, you know."
 
Seeing the smile on Minju's face made Sakura look away. At least Minju didn't feel awkward.
 
"I have to admit I felt something in there," Sakura continued, looking at her hand that's holding Minju's earlier. "But when I saw you I went back to my senses and felt like I don't give a damn about them anymore. I was almost falling there. I thought of giving in and accepting my defeat, but then you came and everything just lightened up."
 
This time, Minju's smile grew sweeter. "Did I come around at the right time?"
 
"Yeah. I didn't know what to do before you showed up. I have to thank you for that, Minju."
 
"I'm relieved to hear that."
 
Sakura had to catch her breath first before she could say anything. Seeing that smile gives her the feeling as if she's seeing it for the first time. The effect is just the same every single time.
 
"But I think you need not pretend we're together. Chaewon might believe it," said Sakura.
 
"Don't worry. Chaewon always thought we're together, right? Let's just make it real," said Minju.
 
Sakura blinked. "Huh?"
 
"What?"
 
"Did you just say that you want us to make it real?"
 
Minju looked like she realized what she said. "Oh. No. I mean, let's just make it seem like real."
 
Sakura looked down on the floor again, hating herself for thinking it was a confession already.
 
"Minju, can I ask you something?" said Sakura. "Why are you doing this?"
 
It took Minju a moment to respond.
 
"I don't want her to think you're not happy with your life. I want her to feel that you're complete and contented even without her."
 
Sakura bit her lower lip. She didn't know that Minju cared for her to that extent.
 
"You're happy right?" asked Minju.
 
"I am happy," said Sakura.
 
"Besides, it's a win-win situation for you. Who knows, you might get her back because of me."
 
Sakura furrowed her brows. "Hold it right there. Don't tell me you're planning to make her jealous?"
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter