Guitar Session

One-Shots | Chaennie

Rain fell from a grey sky on a Friday evening in Seoul. The four girls had just arrived back at their dorm, at eight o’clock, after a long day of dance practice for an upcoming song. They had been practicing their choreography for eight hours that day and had also spent a few hours in the studio helping Teddy write lyrics to possible future releases. 

 

All the four girls wanted to do that evening was to relax. They normally relaxed in their separate bedrooms alone after long days together. Jisoo would normally lay in bed playing video games on her smartphone, Lisa would watch TV, Chaeyoung would normally listen to and sing along to music, and Jennie would put on Netflix or sleep.

 

However, Jennie was feeling rather nostalgic. The grey skies, the rain falling, and the cold winter air put images of their trainee days into her head. It rained a lot in Seoul, so these kinds of days weren’t rare, but there was something about that day that brought back memories of hanging out with the other three members in their trainee dorms. They used to share a dorm with other girl trainees, with two girls per bedroom, to lower the living costs for the record label. 

 

Jennie reminisced about the times that they would sit with each other and other girls who sadly didn’t make it to debut, and sing songs as Chaeyoung played guitar. She used to love doing that with the other girls after long days in the practice room. It was the perfect way to improve their moods after soul-crushing hours frustratingly perfecting seemingly impossible choreography. Fortunately, she and the others had improved since their trainee days and Jennie smirked thinking back at how she struggled with dance moves that she now finds so easy.

 

As they entered the living room to their dorm, the other three girls started heading to their bedrooms for a night of sprawling on their beds, alone and bored. They all enjoyed hanging out together, but their evening gatherings in the living room steadily became rarer, which so often happens among friends living together. But the bout of nostalgia ignited a desire to rekindle their evening sing-alongs and seeing her fellow bandmates walking away from her to spend their evenings in solitude made her want it more. 

 

“Do you remember when we used to hang out and sing songs together when we were trainees?” Jennie blurted out, stood still in the middle of the living room. All three members stopped in their tracks, all two or three metres away from their respective bedrooms, and turned to face the short brunette. 

 

“Yeah, I remember!” Chaeyoung said with a beam of a smile, excited by the recall of one of her favourite trainee memories. The other two girls nodded and smiled. 

 

“I miss that!” Jennie said through a pout. 

 

Upon seeing the sad look that Jennie pulled, Chaeyoung walked towards her. “Aww, me too,” the blonde said as she put an arm around Jennie. A huge closed-mouth smile stretched over Jennie’s face as Chaeyoung squeezed her gently into her side. 

 

“Can we do that again? Like, tonight?” 

 

“Oh my god! Yes! That would be so much fun!” Chaeyoung exclaimed, letting go of Jennie to be able to clap her hands together and grin at the amazing idea. 

 

“Yeah, that would be fun,” Jisoo said with a genuine smile and looked at Lisa for her reaction. The Thai girl also donned a smile and nodded, “Yeah, let’s do it!”

 

“Yay! I’ll get my guitar. Jisoo unnie, can you order us some food?” Chaeyoung said, taking control of the situation, just as Jennie expected her hubby to do.

 

“Sure. I’ll order us a few pizzas.”

 

“Great! Let’s do it,” the blonde confirmed, but then looked at Jennie to see her reaction, realising that she had just taken control of Jennie’s idea. The blonde put her hand to the small of Jennie’s back. “Is that okay?”

 

Jennie nodded her head enthusiastically, pleased that her idea was in fruition and at the joy that she had put on Chaeyoung's face. 

 

 

 

 

Ten minutes later, and Chaeyoung appeared from her bedroom with her guitar, dressed in a beige sweater, black jeggings, with fluffy pink slippers on her feet. She sat down on the end of the sofa, next to Jennie, with the other two girls further down. All of them had changed into much comfier clothes and were leaning back, resting their upper backs on the back of the sofa. 

 

“I ordered a vegetarian, a margarita, and a ham and mushroom. Is that alright?” Jisoo repeated the order to Chaeyoung. 

 

“Mmm, yeah. I can’t wait,” the blonde smiled and pumped her eyebrows at the thought of eating pizza soon. “So what do you want to sing first?” She asked, with her left hand positioned on the guitar neck and her right hand hanging over the strings, eagerly awaiting a request. All the girls thought for a minute. 

 

“Oh, I know!” Chaeyoung said before playing the guitar. She started playing and Jennie instantly knew the song. A look of glee washed over her face as she recognised the song and turned to watch Chaeyoung play. Watching the blonde play had always mesmerised Jennie, ever since the first night that Chaeyoung arrived at the YG dorm. She had arrived with her guitar and the girls all sang songs together throughout the night as the Aussie girl played songs on her guitar. 

 

That feeling had never left Jennie. A warm feeling inside her began radiating through her, as she watched as the blonde play. Her eyes widened and fixated on the blonde, getting lost in the moment. 

 

As soon as Chaeyoung started singing, Jisoo and Lisa joined in, but Jennie forgot what words even were. She didn’t even know where she was or who she was as she focused all of her attention on the beautiful blonde singing and playing guitar. 

 

Chaeyoung looked up to see if Jennie was singing along, and realised that the brunette was just staring at her dreamily. Chaeyoung smirked and felt her cheeks warm as she blushed at the undivided attention that the brunette was giving her. The blonde had always had a crush on the brunette and was always ecstatic when Jennie looked at her like that. 

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t stupid. She knew Jennie looked at her like that a lot. She had seen Jennie staring at her dreamily many times before, and she knew it always happened when she played guitar. That’s why she was so excited to hear Jennie’s idea, and why she spent longer in her bedroom than the other girls, fixing her hair and makeup. 

 

Jennie blushed when she caught herself staring at the blonde, and shook herself out of the trance, and began singing the lyrics to Jessie J’s Price Tag. One of her favourites. 

 

Trying to hide her embarrassment as she sang, the brunette looked away from the blonde while they all continued to sing. The brunette wondered why she always lost herself in time and space when Chaeyoung played guitar, and answered her own question, telling herself that the blonde was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen and known. 

 

Jennie’s cheeks warmed up even more as blood rushed to her face, thinking about how beautiful Chaeyoung was. She tried so hard to keep her head turned away from the blonde, to try and calm herself down, but Chaeyoung was pulling her back. She was magnetic. The brunette couldn’t even remember turning her eyes back to Chaeyoung. All she knew was that she was staring at her again and singing along to the song. This made the blonde smirk as she sang. Jennie thought that was adorable. 

 

 

 

Two hours, three pizzas, and dozens of songs later, all four girls were slouched on the couch, with empty pizza boxes on the table in the middle of the living room. Chaeyoung was no longer free to play guitar, as her left arm was being held hostage by Jennie, who had put it behind her, forcing Chaeyoung to hold her as they relaxed. The blonde didn’t mind at all. In fact, her heart raced at the intimacy they were sharing. Jennie was curled up and rested her head on the blonde’s shoulder. They had snuggled like this before, whilst watching TV, and Chaeyoung had always thought that they did it because they were really close friends, although she couldn’t remember seeing the brunette snuggle up with anyone else before. And after the dreamy stares that Jennie gave her as she played guitar, she had butterflies in her stomach as she sensed a romantic vibe between them. 

 

Jennie had also felt the romantic vibe. She had felt it many times before, and it always grew stronger when she watched Chaeyoung play guitar. Not only did it give her a sense of romance, but it also turned her on. Seeing Chaeyoung play guitar, made Jennie realise just how y the blonde was, and Jennie had to fight with herself not to lean in and kiss her in the middle of her playing. 

 

“Right. I’m off to bed. I’m shattered. That was fun. Thanks for the pizza, Jisoo unnie. Thanks for the songs, Chipmunk,” Lisa said as she groggily stood up and shuffled her way to her bedroom.  

 

“Yeah, me too. I can’t keep my eyes open,” Jisoo said. “But yeah, that was really fun,” she said as a smile broke her glazed expression. The oldest girl got up and yawned deeply as she too made her way to her bedroom. 

 

Once Jisoo and Lisa were in their rooms, a cunning idea came to Jennie’s mind. An idea that she never thought she would ever put into action, but the events of the evening made the plan irresistible.

 

“Chaengie,” she said as adorably as possible. The blonde hummed in response. “What’s the first song someone should learn on guitar?” Jennie said, putting her plan into action. 

 

“Well, there are loads of easy songs for beginners.”

 

“Could you teach me to play one?” Jennie asked with a cunning smirk breaking through her cuteness. 

 

“Really? You want to learn to play guitar?” Chaeyoung questioned enthusiastically. The blonde turned to face the brunette who lifted her head off of the blonde’s shoulder. The brunette nodded quickly. 

 

The blonde bit her lip in excitement and grabbed her guitar, which she had leaned against the side of the sofa. She handed it to Jennie who already had a mixed expression of excitement and anxiety at the thought of learning guitar. Chaeyoung noticed Jennie’s slight apprehension as she handed her the guitar.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m gonna teach you a super easy song. Do you know Love Me Do?” 

 

“I don’t think so,” Jennie raised a brow as she racked through her mind’s catalogue of songs. 

 

“It’s by The Beatles.”

 

Chaeyoung saved Jennie the search and started singing.

 

Love, love me do

You know I love you

I’ll always be true

So please, love me do

 

Jennie blushed at the angelic sound of Chaeyoung’s voice singing such sweet, romantic words to her. Jennie got the feeling that Chaeyoung wasn’t singing it for her, but to her, and that caused a storm of butterflies in her stomach. 

 

The blonde then took the guitar back from Jennie and put her own fingers on the guitar neck in the pattern needed for the A chord.

 

“Okay, so you need three chords for this song, but it’s really easy. This one’s A. You put these fingers here, here, and here,” Chaeyoung instructed. 

 

Jennie looked at her fingers intently, wanting to try her best to impress Chaeyoung. The blonde repeated her instructions a couple more times to make sure Jennie remembered where to put her fingers. Then Chaeyoung strummed the strings with her right to the rhythm of Love Me Do. 

 

“Here, have a go,” she said with a smile, returning the guitar to Jennie. 

 

The brunette took the guitar and rested it on her lap, and put her three fingers on the strings in the position that Chaeyoung had just shown her. 

 

“Like this?” The brunette asked while looking down at her fingers on the neck of the guitar. 

 

“Yeah, well done,” the blonde said proudly. “Now, strum the guitar like I showed you. Dum, dum, dum, dum,” Chaeyoung sang the rhythm of the song. 

 

The brunette tried a few times, struggling to get the rhythm correct, but then nailing it the third time. The blonde clapped her hands, excited and proud of the brunette. 

 

“Well done! That was really good. Now you need to change to the D chord. So you need to put your three fingers here,” Chaeyoung took a hold of Jennie’s left hand and moved her index finger to a lower string. Jennie bit her lip at the way Chaeyoung was touching her and controlling her. A tingle went up her spine as the blonde moved her middle finger and then her ring finger. Jennie was sad when her fingers were finally placed, as the feeling of Chaeyoung’s touch left her. 

 

“Okay now, it’s the same rhythm. Dum, dum, dum, dum.”

 

Jennie did it again, stumbling the first time, but getting it the second time. She played the D chord a few times and smiled in pride at herself. 

 

“Okay, so now start again and start with A and then move to D,” the blonde instructed softly. 

 

 

Jennie bit her lip as she moved her fingers, trying to remember where they were supposed to be for the A chord. 

 

“Yeah, that’s it. Well done.”

 

Jennie started playing the rhythm that the blonde had just taught her and then moved her fingers to the D chord. It took her a little longer than she expected it would to position her fingers in the D chord and was a bit embarrassed when the delay interrupted the rhythm of the song.  The blonde sensed it and put a reassuring hand on the brunette’s shoulder. 

 

“Don’t worry. That was really good. You’ll be able to change chords faster after you’ve practiced more.”

 

Jennie tried again and again, but couldn’t change to the D chord quicker, and then she struggled with the combination of concentrating on the chords and the rhythm and strummed the strings either too quickly or too slowly. The blonde could tell that she was getting frustrated with herself, and quickly slid behind the brunette. She put her legs on either side of Jennie so that the shorter girl was sitting between her thighs, and she s her right arm around Jennie and rested her hand on the guitar strings. 

 

The sudden repositioning took Jennie by surprise and she suddenly became flustered as the beautiful blonde was now sat behind her, with her chest pressed against her back, her arm around her, and her chin resting on her shoulder. The brunette could hear the blonde’s breath right next to her ear, and the thought of her lips that close to her neck was tantalising. The brunette could feel a warmth run through her body, with the warmest area in between her thighs.

 

“Here, I’ll strum and you do the chords okay. The chords are the hardest things to learn at first anyway. Don’t worry about strumming just yet.”

 

Jennie closed her eyes as she lost herself in the romance and sensuality of the moment. “Okay,” she croaked, as she came back to reality, putting her fingers in the A chord position. The blonde strummed the strings, with her chin still on Jennie’s shoulder, with the warmth of her cheek against Jennie’s neck and ear. 

 

“Change,” the blonde almost whispered, and Jennie moved her fingers to the D chord and Chaeyoung strummed again, with only a tiny delay between chord changes. 

 

“That was quicker. Well done,” the blonde praised the brunette through a smile. Jennie could feel the blonde’s smile through the movements of her cheeks against her. Jennie didn’t know if she was dreaming or not. Even though this was exactly what she wanted her plan to accomplish, the whole moment felt surreal to her. Is this gorgeous girl really teaching me to play guitar? Is her body really pressed up against mine? Are her lips really only two inches away from my own, close enough to kiss within a split-second?

 

Jennie bit her lip as thoughts of kissing Chaeyoung took over her mind. For a moment, she forgot what was she doing.

 

“Change.”

 

Chaeyoung pulled her back down to Earth with her instruction and Jennie changed her fingers back to the A chord. She blushed as she thought of being lost in a daydream, imagining kissing Chaeyoung. But thinking about it only took her back there. In her mind, she was kissing Chaeyoung again. Her lips were no longer next to her but were connected to her own. The thought of kissing the blonde sent warm waves of lust through her entire body. Her breath deepened and her back arched forward as she became more and more by her own imagination. She couldn’t take it anymore. She couldn’t bear it being only a thought. She needed it to be real.

 

Jennie turned her head quickly, to face Chaeyoung who was startled by her quick rotation. The blonde pulled her chin off of Jennie’s shoulder and leaned back worried that there was something wrong. But the only thing wrong in Jennie’s mind was that she wasn’t kissing her now. Without a second thought, Jennie leaned in and put her lips against the blonde’s. She knew what she wanted and she allowed passion and lust to take over her. 

 

The blonde raised her brows and widened her eyes in shock at the kiss, but didn’t move away. As soon as she realised it really was a kiss, Chaeyoung returned it by applying pressure with her own lips. Jennie let go of the guitar and used her now liberated left hand to grab the back of Chaeyoung’s head, pulling her deeper into the kiss. Both girls moaned into each other as their kiss intensified. Jennie parted her lips and lightly on the blonde’s bottom lip, making the taller girl gasp. Jennie capitalised on the blonde’s parted lips and snook her tongue into Chaeyoung’s mouth. The taller girl released a moan as she felt the brunette’s tongue enter her and touch her own. 

 

The guitar, which served as a prop for Jennie’s plan, now only served as an obstacle. She put it on the floor, trying to be gentle as to not damage the guitar, but she knew she could have been gentler if she wasn’t passionately making out with Chaeyoung. Once the guitar was off of her lap, she pushed herself into the blonde, forcing the taller girl on her back. The brunette then climbed on top of her and resumed the lust-driven kiss. Both girls were now battling tongues and exploring each other’s bodies with their hands. 

 

Jennie moved her lips away from the blonde’s mouth, leaving a trail of kisses down her cheek and onto her neck. As soon as she felt her lips on her neck, Chaeyoung moaned and grabbed Jennie’s head, securing her in place. Jennie’s hands roamed the blonde’s body, with her right hand slowly working its way south. The blonde anticipated where the brunette was going.

 

“We shouldn’t do this here. We might get caught,” the blonde whispered trying to stifle moans in-between words. 

 

Jennie contemplated the blonde’s concerns as she kissed Chaeyoung’s neck a few more times, before shooting up on to her feet, grabbing the blonde’s hand, and pulling her up. Jennie couldn’t remember the last time she had moved so fast as she dragged Chaeyoung to her bedroom and locked the door.