In this life or next

In this life or next

~ Story begins ~

Joseon Dynasty

 

Stronghold, aim, focus, and release.

At a certain distance, an arrow darted toward the target, it flew out beautifully, an archer expected highly of this shoot but not only didn’t it hit the center bull’s eyes, it bounced back and dropped miserably.

The archer groaned, frustrated “What the good is practicing this? It’s so annoying”

“May be it’s enough for today, you’re probably getting tired” A guy stood behind her suggested.

“I’m not tired, but I have enough of this crazy practice, I am doing it anymore”

A bow and the rest of the arrows were thrown away, they were flung away in all directions.

“Princess”

“I’m not, in a million year, in favor of this kind of activity” A princess turned around and glared at her royal bodyguard, who didn’t flinch upon her tantrum, instead, he bowed slight and gave her an encouraging smile.

“But this is her Majesty’s order , I suggest you don’t disobey” His patience was second to none when it came to Kim Ji soo, a commander who fought bravely at war, he was the best commander that the kingdom could afford to have, when the kingdom was in peace, he performed his duty as a royal guard to the King’s youngest daughter, Kim Jennie.

“What if I do” Princess Jennie challenged

“I’m afraid you may be in detention”

“Then you can go and report to my mother then” The princess sulked before walking away.

Jisoo could only shake his head in disapproval. A stubborn princess who had nothing in common with her older half-sister, crown princess Suji, who possessed an ethereal beauty and was gifted at archery, while a younger one, princess Jennie, held the alluring charm that could win anyone heart yet she had no interest in martial art or any duel at all.

Jisoo bended down to grab the unattended stuff thrown away by the furious princess, and followed the princess closely.

Failed miserably at her martial art, Jennie couldn’t careless if her mother would be mad at her when she quitted, she knew that her mother didn’t care if she could use it for self-defense or not, all her mother wanted it for Jennie to get better than her half-sister, a crown princess, whom Jennie would never, in her life time compare herself or be jealous of her, even though they didn’t get well get along well.

“You don’t have to follow me, I don’t want to see you today” Jennie, without turning to face her guard, furiously ordered.

“I’m afraid I can’t, it’s my duty to guard you as my life” Jisoo said, it made Jennie abruptly stop on her trace, with disappointed expression written across her face, she turned around to face her bodyguard .

“Duty huh?” the princess grunted

“Yes, princess, my duty is to protect you with my life” Jisoo looked at Jennie in the eyes, hoping the princess would understand it

"Stop it, you're only making me angrier"

“I apologize, your highness princess”

“Would you stop it Kim Jisoo?”

Jisoo quickly shut his mouth, he reckoned that anything he said from now would only made the princess irriated. Anyhow, he conveyed his message through his eyes telling her how he was sorry for everything. Jennie was still for moment as if she could understand it. She inhaled the air into her lung, trying to calm herself down. Casually looking around, Jennie found that apart from them, the other living creatures around were two horses.

“Could you please call me by the name when we are alone?” Jennie sounded softer when she begged. “ I love how you call me by the name”

Jisoo knew it wasn’t appropriate, but he came too far than to return now. He nodded, agreed, and in return, he was awarded by the princess’s smile. A smile that Jisoo would do anything to keep them blossom on the princess’s face.

“I want to visit a place

“But you have a drawing class awaiting in an hour”

“Like I would care”

“Princ….Jennie”

Jennie grinned hearing so, as said, she didn’t care if she would miss a glass, made up her mind, she stepped toward a white horse.

Jisoo could do nothing other than shaking his head in disapproval again. Who was him to stop a princess who was too self-centered to control? By the time, Jisoo got on a black horseback, Jennie was already on a bounce, galloping a horse away from a spot, Jisoo quickly followed her.

At a proper speed, along the forest path away from the archery field, two horses were running wild with their free spirits along, Jennie dramatically changed her mood, more delighted and relaxed once she left the palace area. Not long after, they made their way into the wood and arrived in front of place that only they knew. The horses were controlled to stop when they were at their destiny, as if they were familiar with the place two horses stopped at the same spot they always stood. Jisoo quickly jumped off and was there to help the princess got off.

“It feels like an age since we last visited here”

“But we just came by last week”

“I insist it was long”

Jennie glared at Jisoo with a frown

“Please forgive me”

Jennie ignored Jisoo, she was headed to the cave entrance.

“Please be careful” Jisoo called after her, but she listened not.

Once they entered the cave, Jisoo gently took Jennie’s hand, Jennie smiled when they hand touched, she clasped it so tight. With certain light coming through, it guided them inside the cave, Jisoo led Jennie until he stopped at a particular spot, not many or probably no one else knew, there were actually two different routes inside the cave, one was a straight line with enough light showing the route to go, while other was hidden by a stone gate, Jisoo stopped, he let go of Jennie’s hand then moved a stone that blocked a way in, he turned around to grab Jennie’s hand once again, they ducked in a small entrance, behind a cave wall leading them to small passage. It took them just a short walk until they finally saw the light, and what laid before them was just amazing. It was an open space, bright sunlight above, and a scene before them was just like a fairy tale, waterfall with crystal clear water , flora flowers and plants around , with bright sky open tunnel above their head, both of them holding hands and smiled

"It's heaven" Jennie squealed

"Yeah it is" Jisoo had a side glance, he watched Jennie’s side profile and smiled as he stood beside her.

"Secret Heaven" Jennie tiled her head to look at Jisoo, with her bright smile, a happy smile. Jisoo nodded.

Closer and closer, Jennie left no space between when she wrapped her arms around Jisoo, resting her head on his chest. Jisoo stood still at first but soon he circled his strong arms around her waist and held her in his warm embrace. He kissed her hair lovingly, and this was a happiness he could steal from time.

They didn’t know how and when it happened, by the time they knew it, a forbidden relationship between a princess and a commander had developed into a strong love than them to resist.

 

------------------------------

 

"Mother, I can't do this"

"You must"

"She is my sister"

“Does she think you are her sister, don't be silly Jennie, Suji and her mother are up to something?"

“What do you mean?”

“They are afraid that you may take a crown from her, so Suji would do anything to get rid of you”

“Where did you get it from, she is a crown princess, nothing to be afraid of”

"The kingdom will belong to only one crowned princess, neither you or Suji" Jennie’s mother said

"I don't care mother, I don't need anything here" Jennie shook her head frantically, refused to do what her mother told her to do.

"One of you will get rid of one another, only one will survive and on the top of that, if you don't , she will do and you know what would happen to me if you are gone" Her mother convinced

"Mother" Jennie was disgusted to know an ugly truth within royal family, envy, competition and power.

“Everyone involves with you or royal to you will face the same fate too” She manipulated.

Jennie gulped, when she thought of a person who had been serving and royal to her more than anyone else. It hurt her to think about life without Jisoo.

Sensing that her daughter was hesitant, Chaeyoung continued, "Life is hard my dear, only strongest survived"

 

"Is something bothering you?" Jisoo decided to ask. He noticed that a cheerful princess seemed quiet today, and it wasn't like Jennie at all, she looked disturbed.

"No, not really" Jennie forced a smile.

“You’re not a good liar”

Jennie did not bicker, and it was clear to Jisoo that the princess was weighing something on her mind.

“Please tell me if it would help lessen your worry" Jisoo begged

“You know I always confide to you if I could" Jennie smiled apologetically, she couldn't and would never tell him.

"It saddens my heart to you like this" Jisoo laid his hand on the top of Jennie’s hand and gave her a light squeeze, they sat by the river bank watching the sunset.

"Jisoo"

"Yeah?"

"Shall we run away?"

“Shhhh”

Jisoo, by instinct, watched out his surrounding

“Please don’t ever say that again”

“Why?”

"I can't do that to you"

"Don't you want to live me?"

“You know it’s not true” Jisoo sighed, “If I could, I would trade everything I have just to spend the rest of my life with you”

"Why don't we just do it now?"

Jennie sometimes wished she was just an ordinary person without any royal blood related.

"I love you too much than to be the one who bring you to your lowest" Jisoo said honestly

"You don't understand"

"Jennie, you are more than I’d deserve”

“I knew you would say that”

“Please understand me, I'd give my life to protect your dignity" Jisoo stated

"What is dignity left to be proud of if I can be with a person I love?" Jennie said bitterly

"Your grace, it’s more than anything I could imagine destroying it"

"Would you still love me if I turn into a different person?" Jennie asked, "No more grace nor dignity"

"Nothing would ever change a fact that you are my prince, and I wouldn't love you less" Jisoo confirmed

Jennie leaned on Jisoo, she rested her head on his shoulder and wished they could stay together, forever. Hoping that she wasn’t born this way

 

-------------------------------

 

Jisoo was tied up, blood oozing out from his face as he was cruelly thrown into the middle of the hall. Kneeling down in front of a furious king who wouldn't hesitate to take his life any moment now. Jisoo didn’t even dare to look up for he couldn’t take the loath in his eyes. It broke all his trust once Jisoo confessed that he was the one who plotted a disgraceful scheme to murder the crown princess Suji, his older daughter. He made it up about a motivation to take a life of a princess was because of his jealousy over his secret one-sided love that he had for her alone, Jisoo admitted to have poisoned the crown princess to death, because Suji was already in love with a prince.

"I can't believe I entrusted my youngest daughter under your care and responsibility all this time" He shouted angrily, Jisoo flinched a bit upon the mention of his lowered his head

His silence only revoked the king’s anger, his fist were formed.

"How could you betray me!" He couldn't get over his grief over the loss of his older daughter, never thought that a person he trusted with all his heart would have a heart to do so, it killed him alive.

"I deserve my death punishment" Jisoo accepted his fate.

"I shouldn't have spared you any minute longer" He gritted his teeth, his jaw was tensed.

Jisoo knew it but he wouldn't regret it, in this life , he was happy to have protected Jennie, his princess, his heart and his one and only love as gracefully as he could, even he had to lie, he wasn't ashamed of it, if it was the only way to save Jennie. He only wished Jennie would understand it and forgave him one day " I love you too much than to see you being punished, let all this shame bury with me" Jisoo thought of the face of the person he loved.

Every memories of them, was the only things he wished he could remember before her die.

On the other side, at a busy market far away from the palace, Jennie was feeling anxious, her heart sinking for no reason. But what she could expect, she wasn't herself ever since that night that she brought her sister the soup with shaking hand. She was still traumatic from an unforgettable and unforgivable thing she had done, she would never get over it, the guilt walked with her every step she took. Jennie could believe she could be so heartless.

It has been a week since the crown princess passed away, it was believed that she died because of her illness, because Suji was already sick by the time she drank the poison. Jennie’s mother took her out to see something pleasant outside the palace, hoping her daughter would get better, because the atmosphere at the palace only made her more miserable.

As each minute passed, Jennie only got more restless, and something told her to leave and go back the palace.

"Mother, can we go back the palace now?" Jennie asked hurried

"Just wait up, we shall go back soon" Her mother said calmly

"No, I can’t wait, I need to go back now" Jennie said impatiently

" That's not what you're supposed to talk to your mother, crowned princess" Her mother spoke with her scary tone, but Jennie could careless now. Her soul was not at ease, and it was crushing within her, she knew she had to leave , something might be happening but she couldn't quite describe it.

Suddenly she sweated, her heart was wrenched, little by little like needle picking on it, and before her mother had something else to say, Jennie spun her heels, she frantically looked for a horse where she found one.

Waited in no time, Jennie hopped on and escaped from the scene leaving the servants and soldiers were still in daze. What was unexpected was the reaction of Jennie’s mother whom just calmly watched Jennie slipping further away. she gestured with a hand prohibiting anyone from following her daughter and just let her go. Rosé knew there was nothing could hold her back, and now Jennie's mother was certain that the prophecy was right, it was beyond impossible how Jennie could sense something, only thing that could explain this act was how they could connect to each other without speaking, and feel one another weak soul, that was the twin frame of soul mate.

"The rest of the history is in your hand my daughter" Jennie’s mother whispered to no one but herself, half hoping, half praying, the fate could be changed.

Along the way, Jennie was desperate to see the top of the palace to indicate that she got closer, but no matter how fast she tried to control the horse, it didn't go any faster than it was. Jennie couldn’t be sure but the pain in her chest got worse as she went, and it was only half way back to the palace when Jennie spotted a fast horse coming her way and it was one of her closest servant, Jennie knew something was certain going on, she abruptly pulled up a rope to control a horse to stop.

"Your Highness!" The girl shouted, "Commander Kim"

"What's going on?" Her heart sank when she heard the name, this couldn't not be right.

"Hurry up and save him , he is held in the king's residence" She screamed

Jennie didn’t wait until her servant could explain any no longer, she jerked up a horse rein and a horse knew by his instinct that he should run.

Jennie’s tear already made it way to her eyes, when she arrived at the palace, she jumped off the horse as quick as possible and ran to her father's residence, the hall was empty, no one was there until she spotted figure .

"No!" Jennie screamed, she ran to Jisoo who was lying lifelessly on the ground, she picked him up and got a hold of him. His body was cold, his eyes were closed with blood coming out from his nose and mouth , and just right next to him was a bottle of what was called a poison

"You can't do this to me" Jennie shook Jisoo's lifeless body, tear running down her face.

"Look at me please" Jennie's small hand was cupping and shaking Jisoo's pale face , there was no avail , she felt nothing , not his breathing she had ever felt as they kissed , his hand fell upon his side, no more warmth that kept Jennie comforted, she hugged him closely and there was no heart beat she had ever felt like when bodies touched. Only soulless body and his got colder and colder, as each minute went by , sharp coldness spread through Jennie's heart , nothing to comfort her , she was sobbing painfully till there was no voice, her heart was numb until it felt nothing , he was gone .

There was no goodbye

Like an empty shell, Jennie was so lost, she was all alone at their secret sanctuary once again, because it was the place that held so many beautiful memories of them, something that she could cling to. She missed Jisoo too much than to bear it . Alive only the soul, while the heart was crushed in pieces, Jennie was still alive breathing, but she was dying inside suffering. Jennie was here only to find that it wasn't the same anymore. Birds didn't sing, flora and flowers were getting withered, only deadly silence accompanied the place , Jennie couldn't take it any minute longer without Jisoo by her side, she just couldn’t live without Jisoo.

"My soul shall rest in peace when you come and tell me that you love me" Jennie sobbed, and she decided to stay and waited there ...forever.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

~ To a person it belongs ~

 

Year: 1769, England

 

Isolated from the community and far away from people, there was a family residing in a private owned island in southern of England, they lived peacefully with very little connection to other people. It might seem that this family loved their private life so much that they chose to live their low profile despite how decent their family was and how their social status could offer them more life than this small island could.

The truth behind it was more than expected. It all began back in 5 years ago when their 15 years old daughter at time started talking none-sense about things they never heard about and worse came to worst when she started talking alone and smiling alone . At first her parents thought it could be just temporary, but then it lasted for years and Jisoo started to get bulled and mocked by her friends at girl boarding school that her parents had to kept her at home and homeschooled her. Her parents wanted to believe that their daughter became insane, they secretly sought for remedy, but in the end they couldn't and gave up.

Though year of observing her daughter, Jisoo's mother didn't think that her daughter was strange, it was something that they couldn't comprehend, an unseen by their eyes. There wasn’t many option for them, then they chose to hide their daughter from social to avoid humiliation and embarrassment, so they decided to move from town and to live away from nosey neighbors and friends, with few servants who were royal enough to serve them despite their daughter's weirdness.

Jisoo was playing with a ring on her necklace, a small precious item given to her by her old friend whose great grandparents were also originally from a country far away that Jisoo had never been but she had been told by elders and relatives about such existence of the country, which now Jisoo wasn't close to them anymore nor that she had any friend here, but she could care less , all she wanted was nothing more than

"Jennie?" Jisoo felt a hand on her shoulder

"Who else could it be" Jennie said

"I know right" Jisoo replied proudly

It couldn’t be and would never be anyone else around, and Jisoo wouldn't want it to be someone else either. It had always been Jennie and only Jennie for the past decade.

“I missed you, where have you been all day?”

“I’ve always around and you know that”

Jennie touched Jisoo’s cheek with a back of her hand. Jisoo bended over and kissed Jennie’s hand, she was addicted to Jennie’s smell. She had never enough even after years.

It all started from a night after Jisoo was gifted with a ring made of horsehair that her best friend gave it to her out of the blue.

"What is it?" Jisoo asked her friend who gave her a ring

"A ring" Her friend simply said

" I know but why are you giving it to me?" Jisoo looked at a ring , there was round black center on the ring

" Don't you like it?" Her friend asked

Jisoo's eye glued to it as if she was enchanted, “ Of course, I like it”

"Take it then" Her friend offered

"Where did you get it from ?" Jisoo couldn't take her eyes of it

"I stole it from my grandma's jewelry box" Her friend admitted

"You what ?" Jisoo couldn't believe what she heard

" I had no idea why I did that" Her friend confessed, " Do I look like a thief or something?" She was confused at her own misbehave

"No, you don't" Jisoo assured

"I can’t take it, it belongs to your grandma, bring it back her before your grandma finds out" Jisoo felt sad as she handed it back to her friend

"No, I can’t do that" Her friend shook her head, " You just keep it" she insisted

" Are you sure?" Jisoo asked, though how much she wanted it, she was hesitant to take something that did not belong to her.

" Yes, it's yours now, and it would be more trouble sneaking into my grandma's room to put it back than first time stealing it" Her friend confessed

" If you insist and to keep you from trouble" Jisoo didn’t know what came into her mind, the temptation got the better of her awareness. Jisoo stretched her hand out and took a ring.

She tried it on, even it didn’t fit her small finger at time, not knowing that it would change her life forever.

 

"Why are you smiling?" Jennie poked her finger on Jisoo's cheek

"Thinking of the very first time you appeared right before me" Jisoo reminisced

"Oh that was long time ago" Jennie stated

"Feel like yesterday" Jisoo opposed

"You were a small pretty girl back then" Jennie drew her finger along Jisoo's face

"What's about now?" Jisoo waited, expectantly

"Now you are a beautiful young lady" Jennie's thumb stopped at Jisoo's lip. Jennie never failed to make Jisoo blush.

"And you are still beautiful and not age from the first day I met you" Jisoo complimented

"I don't age" Jennie smiled, proud

"Will you always be like this?" Jisoo reached out to touch Jennie's face, Jennie never changed from the very first day she met her.

 

Not only that Jennie wasn’t aged, but she was only seen by Jisoo. The fact that Jisoo was the only only one who could see Jennie, talk to her, touched and felt her didn’t scare her a bit, on the contrary, it made her feel special. Jisoo remembered when she first told people about Jennie, they gave her the disturbing look as if she wasn’t on her right mind. They started laughing at her when Jisoo found talking alone at school and home, soon after the whole school avoided her, even her best friend Lisa who gave the ring to her.

Jisoo stopped explaining and felt much happier when her family moved out, and could care less if she had to live far away from people and no friend, they couldn't understand her nor that she wanted them to. She had Jennie everywhere she went, every time she needed her, Jennie always stayed with her.

"Yes I'll always be like this" Jennie confirmed

"Then it's not fair" Jisoo pouted

"Why is that?" Jennie loved watching Jisoo pouting, her cute pouted face

"I age and one day I'll get old and you'll remain young and beautiful as you are" Jisoo sulked

"It won't change a thing" Jennie assured

"Even when I get old with grey hair and wrinkle ugly skin?" Jisoo imagined herself getting old.

"You’ll always be beautiful to me" Jennie promised with the loving stare for Jisoo and Jisoo alone.

Jisoo blushed, her heart pounded every time she heard Jennie compliment.

 

Jisoo was deeply in love with a woman that she had no idea what she was, a divine or demon, ghost or angel, not that Jisoo would care either, she loved Jennie too much than to care about anyone or anything else. All she knew she was happy every single day ever since Jennie showed up. Thing was out of her control, beyond any belief, she fell for Jennie from the very first moment she saw her as if Jennie was made for her.

It was one fine day on the beach, Jennie sat up on a rock watching Jisoo picking up seashells. The morning sunshine was nothing compared to the blonde in white dress, she shone radiantly, her bare feet danced along the sand as she avoided the wave, one hand held up the hem of her dress .

"Won't you come to help me collecting these seashells?" Jisoo called for Jennie's attention who didn't get close to water.

"No, I don't like water" Jennie said

"It's not like you will be drowned by the wave" Jisoo reasoned

"Still I don't like it" Jennie opposed

“Alright” Jisoo gave in, “ I get some more then I’ll be done” , Jisoo bended over to pick up another one

"This one is pretty too" Jennie handed a white shell in front of Jisoo’s face shortly after, her feet were wet sand where sea water was at her angle level.

"You don't like water, do you" Jisoo clenched her neck to meet’s Jennie’s eyes

"I don't like water but I like being next to you" Jennie said with a smile, Jisoo smiled back.

“Me too”

Jennie walked alongside with Jisoo. Jisoo found this simple happiness just to stand beside Jennie, who barely started any conversation unless Jisoo did it first.

"What's else you don't like?" Jisoo looked down and enjoyed watching their feet trampling on the white sand, synchronizing their steps. It was amazing to her how they could just keep up the pace in rhythm.

"I don't like being apart from you" Jennie put another shell in Jisoo's bucket, "I had waited way too long already"

“Did you wait for me?”

“Hmm”

“How long?”

“So long”

“I’m sorry”

“Nothing to apologize, none is your false”

“Jennie?”

“Yeah?”

"Were it cold from where you were?" A random question came into Jisoo’s mind.

"Yes, it was cold and very lonely" Jennie told, remembering the feeling inside that cave, waiting for the one she loved to return to her.

For an unknown reason, Jisoo could relate to the pain, how torturing it seemed, her heart felt the agony that she couldn’t explain.

"Please don't cry, I don't like seeing you cry, that would be the last thing I wish to see" Jennie stopped, she reached out to wipe away the tear from Jisoo's face.

"I'm sorry" Jisoo said

"Please don’t be" Jennie shook her head " I was the one screwed up the fate " , Jennie recalled what echoing on her head before her last breath.

" If only she waited a bit longer, thing could turn out differently, she closed a gap of time and it changed the destiny"

“Jisoo” Jennie rubbed Jisoo’s face lovingly, “Please be happy, can you do that for me?”

Jisoo nodded, if tear wasn’t something that Jennie like then Jisoo would be smiling for her.

 

From an overlooking view of the mansion, a couple were hugging each other, a mother was shedding her tear, watching her only daughter , running along the beach happily as if someone was playing with her, she occasionally stopped and lifted up a shell to show to no one . Irene was trying to accept it for all those year, but now she had enough of it, she couldn’t watching her daughter being in this state anymore.

"It can't be like this forever" A man said

"How can we do?" His wife asked

"Be strong for her my love, we will get through this, we will save her" He stated with his heavy heart.

----------------------------------

Jisoo was surprised that they had a guest over for the dinner. It had been long since Jisoo ever met or interacted with other people. She wasn’t used to it anymore, and it was hard for her to be around a stranger now. As much as she didn’t want to stay, she couldn’t humiliate her parents and forced to stay.

Over the dinner, Jisoo was introduced to a guy, whom went by a name Daniel. It turned out that her parents purposely invited him for a reason. The reason behind his visit was so obvious. Her parents didn’t bother to hide their agenda at all, it was as clear as crystal that her parents were arranging a meet-up for them and Daniel’s stare said it all. Jisoo was feeling uncomfortable about it, she was suffocating throughout the conversation.

Jisoo made an excuse to leave the dinner, even with the disapproval gesture from her parents, Jisoo didn’t care if she might seem rude, she couldn’t stand it anymore.

Jisoo angrily shut the door behind her, she was enraged by a fact that her parents were up to something without her consent. It wasn’t hard for her to figure out what they were thinking. She was hurt by a fact that after all these years, her parents never stop to seek a way to heal her, more than anything it was so disrespectful for them to think that a man would fix thing for her. Jisoo wasn’t sick and she didn’t need anyone to help her, all she needed was the love from Jennie, and Jennie alone.

“Don’t be mad at them”

Jisoo heard the whisper by her ear, followed by the arms wrapping around her from behind. “They only mean well to you”, Jennie said.

“Then I don’t need it, I don’t need anyone else but you”

Jennie rested her head on Jisoo’s back. She tightened her arms around Jisoo possessively, she didn’t want to share Jisoo with anyone either. Jennie made sure to make the guy leave this island the first thing in the morning and he would never mess with her love ever again.

“I can’t let you go either”

Jisoo turned around to face Jennie. All the anger that she had earlier, it seemed to disappear the moment that saw Jennie’s face, like source of her comfort. Resting her head on Jennie’s forehead, their noses brushed.

“I belong to you, no one could take me away from you”

“And I am yours”

Sealing their promises, Jisoo bended over and closed the gap between their lips, she never had enough of the kisses that were softer than feature yet passionate than the fire.

Jisoo opened her eyes, and the first thing she could ever think of was Jennie's face and as she wished, she was greeted by Jennie's smiling back at her, lying next by her side.

"Winter is in the air" Jisoo said

"It has always been cold in this part of the world" Jennie complained

Jisoo noticed that Jennie look tired than ever, her face that was always pale, got paler than ever, and her hands were even colder.

“What’s wrong?”

Jennie shook her head but Jisoo didn’t buy it.

“Tell me please”

“Don’t you worry, just hold me close, I just need something to keep me warm” Jennie asked.

Jisoo didn’t hesitate to do so, she pulled Jennie closer and Jennie snuggled closer, she was warm in Jisoo's embrace

"I missed you" Jennie wrapped her arms around Jisoo's waist

"I'm always here" Jisoo said

"I missed you while you were sleeping" Jennie said, she always watched Jisoo sleeping and waited until she woke up to her everyday.

"You should sleep while I'm sleeping" Jisoo suggested.

“I don’t need to sleep and I’d rather watching you sleep”

"Should I just always stay up and be with you then?" Jisoo asked

"You'll get sick and I don't want you to get sick" Jennie reasoned

"Can I be just like you then ?" Jisoo wanted to stay young like Jennie

"No, don’t say so” Jennie put her finger on Jisoo's mouth to stop her, “ I don’t want you to be like me”, Jennie shook her head in disapproval.

"Well, you don't like this, you don't want that, tell me what you do want?" Jisoo asked, making fun of Jennie.

"All I want is just to be with you" Jennie tangled her legs with Jisoo's as they were under the warm blanket

"I'll always be with you" Jisoo promised

Every day, Jisoo was happy , there was no single day that she would feel sad, being with a person she loved with all her heart, their soul became one and none of them wanted to be separated.

Jennie was with her every single moment of the day since they met again, she was sitting at the school window watching Jisoo in her class room, walking with her every where she was walking, sitting next to her when she ate , everything she did, Jennie was there to give her accompany, she was never without Jennie until one morning.

Jisoo woke up only to find an empty space beside, she felt weird at first, she wasn’t used to the emptiness beside her. Her heart sank every second that she waited for Jennie to show up, but she didn’t. It wasn’t the same. Jisoo panicked and she cried out for her name but no sight of Jennie, Jisoo was alone in the room and her necklace with a ring gone, her heart dropped.

 

"Jisoo" Her father held her tight, grabbing her shoulders trying to shake the sense into her, but Jisoo wouldn’t listen to anything

"Father, please give my ring back" Jisoo begged with her tearful eyes.

"Listen to me dear" His gentle voice didn't help to calm Jisoo down a bit

"Please, please " Jisoo was down on her knee and her mother could only sobbed behind her

"My dear, I'm doing this because I love" He explained but his daughter wasn't in a state to understand any reason now.

"Please give me back my necklace and ring" Jisoo hugged her father's leg, pleading as if begging him to spare her life

"You have to let her go" He ordered

"No!" Jisoo denied, "I can't live without her"

"You must" He insisted

"I can’t, please don't do this to me, father" Jisoo hit on her chest as it was hard to breathe, her father knelled down to pick her up.

“You can’t be with her” He told

“You’re cruel” Jisoo brushed off his hand, she turned to her mother, "Mother, please talk to father for me" she begged breathlessly, her mother who sobbed miserably, she couldn't stand the sight

"Release her and be happy" He gently said

"How could I be happy?" Jisoo shouted at her father , " I can't be happy without her" Jisoo cried

"It is not possible for you two to be together like this forever" He reasoned

"We will, we will be together, forever" Jisoo argued

"She will never return”

“Why?” What did you do?” Jisoo screamed

“I broke your ring, she could never come back" He broek the worst news to his daughter , Jisoo's heart sank then it stopped , the world stopped , she felt cold and then nothing at all.

 

Nothing healed, nothing fixed, damage was made.

Jisoo blankly stared out at the night sea , the wave was crying along side with her , her world was empty , and she would never be the same , she was a shell without a soul , crying every night, and tonight it was another night she couldn't stop crying but tonight was different .

As Jisoo looked far away to the dark sea, she caught a glimpse of someone walking at the beach , her heart beat again, Jennie was smiling at her . Waiting no second, Jisoo ran down the stairs and out to the beach barefoot in the middle of the night, she called out Jennie's name , but when she got there, Jennie wasn't there, she was gone.

"Jennie, where are you?" Jisoo's tear came back every time she blinked

"Please don't leave me" Jisoo pleaded, hoping Jennie would be back after hearing so, but only the lonely beach and the night sea responded to her.

"You can’t leave me" Jisoo had no strength to stand, she collapsed on the sand, crying her heart out. Her weep was painful than anyone who could hear would not feel bad for her.

"Jisoo"

It was Jennie’s voice from somewhere, Jisoo frantically turned her head in every direction, searching for the one who called her name, however, Jisoo found none.

"Where are you Jennie?" Jisoo struggled to get up, she couldn’t see Jennie.

“Jisoo” The voice got weaker, and trembling.

"Please Jennie" Jisoo begged

“Jisoo, I’m cold”

Jisoo turned to where the voice came from, where she saw Jennie standing in the ocean, her half body was gone in the sea

“Jennie”

Jisoo mustered her strength, dating toward the ocean. She waded her way to where Jennie was standing. Struggling to walk in the water, the wave kept sending her back to the shore, but Jisoo couldn’t give up, she fought against the tide. With all the effort and strength she had, Jisoo finally got to where Jennie who was shivering, Jisoo instantly pulled her into a hug.

"Don’t leave, please stay with me" Jisoo sobbed uncontrollably

"I wish” Jennie started crying.

"I can’t lose you Jennie .... I love you" Jisoo confessed earnestly.

Once the three words that Jennie had longed for was uttered by a person who captured her heart and her soul, there was the white light circled up around Jennie’s body, Jisoo squeezed her eyes’s upon the brightness but she refused to break a hug, not knowing what was happening.

"I love you too, too much" Jennie closed her eyes

In that moment, Jennie wasn't feeling cold anymore, she felt warmth in the middle of the sea, for the first time in 1111 years, her long wait ended, she was released from her own curse.

"Then, be with me" Jisoo asked

"I'll always be with you" Jennie promised

Jennie took Jisoo by a hand, Jennie led her to a place where nobody could separate them, their hands clasped so tight , Jisoo followed, she smiled when couldn't feel any more pain.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

To late when we met

Year: 1870

 

"Can't wait to see a new teacher from town" A girl in class said

"I heard that she's still young and most of all pretty, not like Professor Anna" Another girl chimed in

"Please send us someone, this is our last year in high school, bless us with a teacher who doesn't look like a 100 years grandma once" A boy commented

Everyone laughed at his comment, except for one person. Jisoo found it simply annoying, everything about this place was so annoying and disturbing for him.

Teenage life was just boring as it got and Jisoo couldn’t wait to graduate and went on his way to discover the purpose of life, he had been living without one.

"Hey everyone, get back to your seat, our new teacher is coming" Someone who seemed to be a president of the class announced , some student complied , while some just lazily got off the table and got ready.

"Hello everyone" A woman in early 30s walked into the room, she greeted her students cheerfully, flashing smile at them, Jisoo wasn't really interested to welcome a new teacher, to him, it wouldn’t make any difference, but there was something in that voice caught his ear. Jisoo slowly turned his head and looked up and that moment, his heart skipped its beat, his couldn't take his eyes off her , and as a new teacher flashing her smile at everyone , she stopped when she met Jisoo's eyes.

A dull life changed before Jisoo knew it, Jennie became his homeroom teacher who cleaned up his mess , on both behavior and grade , trying to help him improving his grade because he was the worst and last place in class . 

 

" I don't understand" Jennie rested her chin on her palm , looking at Jisoo who sat opposite her , he was held in the class after school hour ended , for an intensive tuition

" Pardon?" Jisoo looked up from his book, and stared at his teacher who was just a table across from him, he hoped his teacher didn't look at him that way, he didn't feel okay about it , it made his heart race up, and he hoped she didn't hear it

" You are not dumb" Jennie stated, " Honestly, I believe you are quite smart , but why have you been having such poor performance ?" she looked at a boy , who was so hard to deal with , it had been 2 months since she started teaching here , and she didn't know why she determined to help this student of hers badly even though he was stubborn , rude and cold , he didn't even talk to her with manner , the way student should do when they talked to their teacher.

" I’m lazy" He answered

"That's an easy answer" Jennie scoffed

"I don't feel like studying" He admitted

"It's a duty, even though you don't like it but it will help provide your future" Jennie preached as an older person

"I didn't look forward to it" Jisoo said negatively

"Don't you really have something to look forward to?" Jennie frowned , Jisoo was such an unmotivated young boy but there was something in him that she couldn't quite define, that made Jennie believed Jisoo actually had something he was wanting .

"I don't know" Jisoo responded the same way

"But I feel like there is someone who I need to meet" Jisoo looked right into Jennie's eyes , and he didn't break it, Jennie felt heat behind the back of her neck , and she had to look away

"Alright , finish the page, then you're good to go" Jennie cleared , as she got up to pack her stuff . Jisoo finished reading the her text book page and closed it.

"Can I walk you home?" Jisoo offered, to pay back for Jennie's time to teach him

"If you want to" Jennie answered, and Jennie saw Jisoo's bright smile for the first time

Everyday after the class , Jisoo offered to walk Jennie home, he didn't really talk but let his teacher preaching him and teaching him all she wanted , he didn't argue though , he loved it .

And every time Jennie bid goodbye to Jisoo , it was Jisoo's goodbye smile that imprinted in her heart , she always smiled back , but as soon as Jisoo was gone from her sight , sadness was replaced . Jennie put her palm on her chest .

"This can't be happening " Tear threatened to fall , Jennie forced back her feeling , it should have not been this way

------------------------

Blood sipping at the corner of Jisoo's lip, he didn't bother to wipe it away , and it wasn't hurt as much as the look in those eyes gave him , it was telling him that his teacher was disappointed in him, Jennie sighed before making her decision to punish Jisoo for physically harming his classmate and violating school's rules. Jennie didn't look at Jisoo as she left , his eyes followed her back pleading for her to look at him.

In another room, Jennie was being questioned by a headmaster, not for a good deed she did but for a rumor going around the school regarding her relationship with her student who was almost 14 years younger than her , which it was why Jisoo hit his classmate for making fun of his teacher. Jennie felt like she was slapped on the face, it shouldn't have been this way.

"I don't know what immortal you mean" Jennie was offended by a headmaster's definition of her close to Jisoo

"What do you say for having your student getting close to you in such a improper way ?" Headmaster questioned

"I gave him a special treatment for his poor performance hoping to get his score improved and get by the coming exam" Jennie explained

"What do you explain your interaction and closeness outside school? witnesses said he walked you home, occasionally , you two were being seen fishing together" Old lady cornered Jennie with proof she found.

"We just ..." Jennie realized it , she couldn't find to explain , she had been here less than few months and it was happening so fast than to be aware of it.

"Ms. Kim, please don't get me wrong but your nature of treating your student can be interpreted by outsiders differently" Her tone was half warning, half suggesting.

" I understand and won't let it happen again" Jennie wished she could buy more time, at least until the end of semester , she wanted to see Jisoo pass the exam and graduate from high school before she had to leave.

From that day, Jennie avoided Jisoo and treated him coldly , she still gave him a tuition class but didn't let him walk her home anymore , and Jisoo was only bearing an unspoken feeling , he knew he caused Jennie so much trouble but he couldn't help his feeling now.

" I think that's all for today" Jennie got up quickly , her head was spinning around , she saw herself facing the floor but Jisoo caught her in time.

" Are you alright?" Jisoo asked, Jennie looked at Jisoo with her dizziness

"Yeah , I'm" Jennie tried to get up but failed

" You look pale" Jisoo worried

" Just feeling dizzy , I'm better now" Jennie forced herself to get up

" I'll walk you home" Jisoo offered

" No , I'll be fine" Jennie turned out

" Please" Jisoo begged , Jennie sighed

" Alright" Jennie gave in

They walked in silence , Jisoo kept looking out for Jennie , Jennie looked tired and pale

" I'm sorry for everything" It was the first time Jisoo apologized after the thing that happened

" I'm part to be blamed , I should not have let it happen" Jennie sighed tiredly , Jisoo stole a glance , she thought " Let it happen ?" ,

Jennie just smiled sadly at Jisoo and he thought he knew it

" I know how you feel" Jennie finally said , " I feel it too" Jennie confessed , and that moment Jisoo felt like his heart burst out , he stopped walking

" But it can't be happening" Jennie felt like her heart be stabbing

" Because I am your student ?" Jisoo asked painfully, " If so I could resign from school" He felt like he had nothing to lose , if this was an choice , he would gladly do

" No , it's more complicated" Jennie found her words running dry

" Because our age differences ?" Jisoo asked again

" It's because " Jennie was about to finish her sentence when someone called her name

" Jennie" Both Jennie and Jisoo turned to look at a guy who was standing in front of Jennie's house, he was in his navy seal uniform smiling broadly at Jennie , she walked to him while he half ran to her and gave her a hug .

" Jisoo , this is my husband" Jennie introduced difficultly and the dull life returned to Jisoo's world as if someone flipped it over , his heart was breaking into pieces, where nothing could mend it

 

Jennie came to small town to teach a school there after having a big fight with her husband, he tried to reconcile but she didn't give him a chance and planed to file a divorce until a week ago when Jennie found out that she was pregnant , she told her friend about it which her friend couldn't stand still and forwarded the news to her husband .

Jisoo with his broken heart never showed up at school again , Jennie started to worry then she started looking for him and found him at last . Jisoo was sitting at the river bank

 

"Why didn't you go to school?" Jennie asked

"I don't want to" Jisoo answered

"Please don't do this to yourself" Jennie begged

"Why does it has to be like this?" Jisoo asked , " Why did you came to me when it was too late?" Jisoo fought back the tear in his eyes , he never cried .

"Jisoo" Jennie put her hand on his shoulder

"Where have you been all my life?" Jennie felt bitterness in , she couldn't get rid of it

"If only I was born sooner"

"If only I was younger"

"If only I found you first"

"And if only I didn't get married"

But they couldn't do anything about it , they couldn't change anything that were beyond their control , only they could wish.

"Kiss me"

That was something they could do, Jisoo cupped Jennie's face and had his first last kiss , a memory of love that would last until the day he died .

" If only I could reborn again , please let me first you first" Jisoo prayed as he parted a first last kiss with a person who gave all his heart and soul , a first and last love in his life.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

~ As though I've known you all my life ~

Present

It has become a habit for Jennie to look out of the window and watch people passing by on the street. There’s something about it that astonishes Jennie. it's always the way that she feels the hope every time she stares in the middle of the crown, searching for someone among the stranger's face, somewhere in her soul tells her that she will meet someone but who is that someone, she has no idea as of why she keeps looking for someone she has yet met, she has spent most of her life waiting, but that face never crosses her way.

Beep

Her smart watch device is reminding her to make a move for she has been sitting in the same spot for way too long. She taps on its surface to dismiss a mode, only to again catch the time which tells 11:11 a.m , " Not again" Jennie groans softly. It could be just co-incidence but recently Jennie finds this mysterious number pops up quite frequent. Jennie couldn’t help but wonder about the meaning behind it , something about it triggers Jennie to figure it out.

11:11

The angelic numbers , and a sign of divine reunion of twin frame or twin soul that are soulfully and emotionally connected . The more you see the numbers , more chances that your soulmate is being drawn to you with intense magnetic attraction and sensation of time doesn't exist between you , the number represents two doors open where you will meet .....

"Hey I am late"

Jennie looks up to find her friend smiling sheepishly at her, she doesn’t look guilty for being late though

"Yes, you’re 11 minutes late" Jennie announces.

"Don’t you plan to charge me for being late that you even count the minute?" Rosé grins foolishly.

"Just happens to check the time" Jennie answers , " Nothing serious"

"Well, again , that 11:11 ?"

"Not again but always"

“Always ?”

Rosé sets herself comfortably

"Yeah, on the top of that it becomes more frequent these days, not only the time, but everything on a daily basis like numbers on receipts, sighs and other codes etc .. " Jennie explains to her best friend

"Are you sure you don't specifically look for it?" Rosé asks

"It could be my mind. I’m so bound to it so it's like when something pops up with such a number, I give it more attention "Jennie reasons

"Possibly" Rosé shrugs, "Well , let me check your horoscope" she then eagerly swipes up her phone, scrolling for an apps.

Jennie chuckles at her friend’s habit. Who is she joking with? Rosé, a friend who has been known as a queen of superstition. She gives it all, and is particularly interested in all kind of mystery , taros , horoscope , fortunetelling , power of signs , and all those stuff that are not based on scientific facts, you name it.

"Interesting" Rosé clicks the top of her tongue, her finger tapping on her phone

"What does it tell?" Jennie sips her coffee, not truly interested

"You will be having a tough time for work , the situation isn’t getting better soon. You will have huge misunderstanding between your supervisor or boss , you should avoid an aguement" Rosé reads a first part of career

"You should have read it out loud for me sooner" Jennie chuckles funnily, she wants to laugh at this cruel joke.

"See? I told you to check your horoscope every now and then" Rosé reminds, “You could’ve avoided it”

Knowing well about her friend's current situation, Rosé couldn’t agree more what it is said about her sign. Jennie is currently suspended from her work, after having a huge professional fight with her boss that led to an unfair treatment at workplace.

"It wouldn’t change a fact that I couldn’t accept my boss’s stupid idea, even I knew it, I would still do the same” Jennie argues, “Also it happened , I couldn't cry about it, and I didn’t regret it either" she added,

“Well, that’s that” Rosé shrugs

"Anyway, tell me what I should be aware of next" Jennie doesn’t completely stick to it but when it's so accurate, it doesn't hurt to listen.

"Okay, next” Rosé turns to her phone screen and reads out loud, “Someone you've not met so long will run into you, and you will find your missing puzzle"

"Someone I have not met so long ?" Jennie is curious

"Additional details, your soul mate is getting closer to you" Rosé explains.

“Soul mate” Jennie mindlessly repeats

"Wow, I can’t wait” Rosé grins

“Stop that grin Rosie”

"Who knows it's probably me , very close to you now" Rosé lowers her voice in an alluring tone, she winks at Jennie.

"Forget about it then" Jennie rolls her eyes

“Kim Jennie, I’m hurt " Rosé pouted

Jennie shakes her head

"Anyway, the last one" Rosé switches back her serious mode. "You'll be travelling soon" Rosé ends

"That's wrong, I have no plan"

"It's more accurate than any of all" Rosé confirms

“What are you talking about?”

" I can't make a trip as planned but ticket and hotel reservation are non-refundable and non-cancellable, I talked to the travel agent and they could only offer the change of name so I did , I have them changed to your name" Rosé explains everything in once.

" What? I don't recall talking to you about it before, did you ask me about it?" Jennie ironically asks her friend who did thing without her consent.

"Well you are the only being free at the moment, and it's better than wasting all the money without using it" Rosé explains , " Don't thank me , just have fun, you need to relax" Rosé adds

Jennie can’t get over the fact that her friend just did all of that, she rolls her eyes in disapproval. Anyway, to think about it, she knows Rosé only means well and deeply she appreciates it.

“Anyway, thank you”

“Of course, you’re welcome”

From there Jennie and Rosé are chatting over anything and have fun over their conversation. Meanwhile, outside the coffee shop, a woman is passing by a coffee shop , she is reluctant to stop for a coffee or not because she is holding a lot of shopping bags , afraid that she won't be able to hold a hot cup of coffee, she looks through the glass window, then her stare stops at two women sitting at a table by the glass window. For a moment, she feels like the time is stopped, her eyes gaze upon a person in her black jeans sitting with crossed- legs, her brown hair falls at her back. Jisoo stops and watches her every movement, for an unknown reason, Jisoo finds herself smiling, Jisoo is about to go in, when a woman stands up, she grabs her bag and leaves the table, Jisoo feels dismissed, something tells her that she should go after her but she doesn’t know why. Her conscience contemplates, she has no reason to run after a stranger, that would be weird, also she has a handful stuff to carry. As she is debating with her thought, it's already one step late, the woman is gone, Jisoo doesn’t know why but she feels disappointed .

--------------------------------------

Jisoo feels frustrated , she arrived at the airport earlier only to find the mistake the airline made , the flight was over booked and they offered her a compensation but Jisoo refused to accept it because no matter what she has to take today fight to attend her cousin's wedding, and it would be too late for a flight tomorrow even though it's 8 hours behind, she wouldn't make it by the time she got there. The airline nervously handled the situation, which later, they offered to get her a partner airline flight which it's 5 hours later. Even though Jisoo wasn’t happy about it, she has no choice, and it's better than not .As she has already at the airport, now Jisoo has plenty of time to waste, she walks in and out the airport stores looking around until she stops in front of a jewelry shop, Jisoo doesn’t have any plan to buy any item but by the time she knows it, she is already inside a jewelry shop because one ring catches her attention the most, her eye is glued to it.

 

"The final call for a passenger to Rome, please proceed to the gate no ....."

The announcement helps nothing but makes Jennie more anxious, she is running her life to the gate. All of this wouldn’t happen if only she realized it sooner that she forgot her passport, on half way to the airport when Jennie checked and found it nowhere, so she had to go back home to get it and when she hit the road again , the traffic was horrible and by the time she arrived at the airport, it was at the nick of time that she made it to the check in counter. Jennie couldn't miss the flight otherwise Rosé was gonna kill her because her friend worked hard to change everything for her at cost. Jennie is panting heavily, she is the last passenger getting on plane sweating all over, with all disturbing stare from other passengers. Jennie ignores the stares even though she feels embarrassed, she finally finds her seat at 11 F

"Seriously" Jennie inwardly thinks, she didn’t particular look at her seat number earlier because she was in a hurry.

Jennie just notices the seat arrangement on business class cabin, it’s 2-2 seats layout and hers is window seat, with an aisle seat is already occupied by another passenger.

"Excuse me?" Jennie politely taps on a woman’s shoulder who seems to be taking a nap, Jennie doesn't want to be rude but she has to get to her seat and she has to wake her up. A woman in her white t-shirt groggily wakes up, she fell asleep as soon as she got into the plane because she woke up early and got tired of waiting.

Jisoo rubs her eyes to shake off her drowsiness, only when she is fully awake that her eyes meet with a pair of eyes of the woman is standing above her, at that moment, Jisoo freezes, she finds her heart pounding the way it never does before, so does Jennie, she holds her breath, drowning in those eyes. None of them dares to blink as though the picture in front of them would disappear if they do. They have the eyes contact in a way that they never look at anyone else, their world stops. Two souls are drawn to each other, hearts recognize.

You feel a strange inexplicable sense of recognition

You feel an immediate and deep connection

As though a person right in front you is someone you've been waiting your entire life

A long and winding await journey ends

And you've finally found home

This may sound crazy but Jisoo feels like her wait finally comes to an end, her soul is crying out with joy, her heart is throbbing against her chest in new different beat.

“Do you believe in destiny?”

“I think I do now”

“So do I, and mine looks just like you”

A song that Jennie used to listen for hundred time, suddenly plays on her head, and she just now understands it meanings.

All along I believe I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I've loved you for a thousand year

I've loved you for a thousand more

In a million years, I'll always find my way back to you, time leaps won't exist between us , my soul is deeply connected to you , in any form of life , regardless how much you've changed , I'll recognize you by heart , though without memories that I can take to my next life .

 

Present

 

Wedding song is playing.

 

Not sure if you know this

But when we first met,

I've got so nervous

I couldn't speak

Jisoo looks at Jennie, the blonde looks back at her, smiling

In that very moment

I've found that one and

My life has found its missing piece

Jennie smiles the most happy smile she has ever had in her whole life.

So as long as I live I love you

Will have and hold you

You look so beautiful in white

As though a song is serenaded for them, the two are in their own world, deep in long everlasting stare.

And from now till my very last breath

This day I'll cherish

You look so beautiful in white

 

"She is very beautiful" Jennie says looking at a bride at the stand, Jisoo follows Jennie’s gaze.

"Ah, my cousin" Jisoo’s bubble is burst up, she is back to earth, and realizes that she’s still at her cousin’s wedding party

"Every women in our family are beautiful" Jisoo proudly boasts, Jennie chucks but she can’t deny it though. It’s very true that every cousins and relatives whom Jisoo has introduced to her at her cousin's wedding are all good looking, and so is Jisoo.

“I couldn’t agree more”

“But I’m the most beautiful one”

Jennie giggles, “How can I disagree? You’re stunning”

“Thank you” Jisoo grins like a dork, and it makes Jennie smile.

"Jisoo, thank you for inviting me, it's a fine family wedding party"

"No, thank you for coming with me, it’s very honorable to have you here with me"

It's beyond any logical theories could properly define or precisely explain about the incident that happened . Two people sitting next to each other on the same plan flying across the hemisphere to another side of the world. Given that it was less than 30 hours ago that they met, but here they are, attending Jisoo’s cousin’s wedding together.

Even though it sounds crazy, but it's amazing how there is no awkwardness exists between them, as though they have known each other all their lives, so familiar, attached, and comfortable to be around, it just feels right.

They don’t need any reason to explain what happened, or they don’t tend to question it. Jisoo and Jennie immediately had each other at the first sight.

Coincidence after coincidence is telling them that they didn’t meet by chance but by a purpose. Things are just meant to be. Jisoo giggled all the way on the flight when she found that they were wearing the exactly same white t-shirt with same wording print. Jennie couldn’t believe it when they collected the luggage, they both owned the same color and style luggage. Last but not least, they were checking in a same hotel.

If it’s not for a destiny, they don’t know what is it.

------------------------------

“You what?”

“I said I am on a date”

“What’s on earth Jennie? You landed less than 48 hours and now you told me you are on a date, are you kidding me?

“Unfortunately, I am not”

“Is that a side effect of jetlag?”

“I don’t think so”

Jennie chuckles, she kinda expected her friend’s reaction.

“Jennie”

“Yeah?”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes I am” Jennie smiles

"I'll get a ticket and go there as soon as possible, there is something wrong here"

Jennie can see the concern written on Rosé’s face through her phone screen.

"Rosé ah, stay calm, there is nothing to worry and I'm more than alright”

“Tell me everything” Rosé requests.

“I will” , Jennie says, “ Oh, I want you to meet her too”

“Her?”

“Yes, her”

"Jisoo ah, this way please”

Jennie gestures Jisoo to come over and greet her friend through video calling. Jisoo stops what she’s doing and steps forward to Jennie who is at the corner talking on the phone. Jisoo stands behind Jennie, she looks over Jennie’s shoulder and greets someone on the screen.

“Hello, my name is Jisoo, it’s nice to meet you”

Jisoo playfully speaks in English

“Oh, hey” Rosé is stunned for a moment, seeing a new face appearing on the screen, Rosé doesn’t know why but all her worry is washed away once Jisoo came into the picture.

 

Past itself ~ 658 A.D

"The rest of the history is in your hand my daughter" Chaeyoung whispered to herself , half hoping and half praying .

All this time, Chaeyoung was being a cold mother and made Jennie did everything she didn't want to , not because of power that she wanted , she was doing everything she could to protect her daughter . A prophecy given since Jenne was born, never gave Chaeyoung a piece of mind.

“Someone is born to protect her with all his life”

Rosé never doubted that Jisoo would do anything and everything to protect the princess and she witnessed until the end, he did as promised.

 

“Alright, we are headed to visit another place, I'll talk to you again soon" Jennie is about to end the call with her friend after introducing her date to her friend.

"Ok, so you have fun and take care"

It's very obvious for Rosé to see that her friend is truly happy

"Thank you, you too, wish you were here” Jennie says

“You little liar, you don’t need me there, it’s obvious you’re so happy without me” Rosé pouts

“Am now that obvious?” Jennie chuckles

“Get lost”

“Haha” Jennie laughs, “ Jisoo ah, come and say bye" Jennie tells Jisoo who complies like kid.

"Bye Rosé ssi" Jisoo flashes a smile before bidding goodbye as Jennie does.

Rosé hangs up the phone, with a feeling that she can’t tell Sort of familiar trust

 

---------------------------------

Jisoo’s POV

Finally, she came along, a person I've waited all my life, someone that broke a spell and set me free, right the moment our eyes met. I longed for that look in the eyes,that touch of a hand, and a heart of mine to beat again, and now I found her, Kim Jennie.

People around me call me a dreamer for strongly believing that there was someone out there waiting for me too. I turned my back and rejected people who tried to walk into my life because I didn't sense a slight feeling that he or she would be the one, even though I didn't have a clue how I would feel if I met that person but I believed exist somewhere. Even though it's hard to wait and I've been so lonely all these time, I didn't regret for doing that and never doubted if I could be wrong or what if I missed that person by not giving anyone a chance to learn and find out if he or she was someone I was waiting. I solely trusted my instinctive heart, and I'm glad I did, because now, a person who was worth waiting for is right beside me. I have no room for any doubt and can't be more positive as I'm now.

"Can we stop and have a look at this store?" Jennie asks me if she can visit a store, her hand is holding mine.

"I would love too"

"Great!"

"Let's go in"

We walk into a toy store and we're excited to see various kind of toys, we may be old for them but the feeling never gets old, Jennie drags me to a section displaying less colorful items with a sign " 1980s Rare Items" , she releases my hand , looking around excitedly at vintage toys , she carefully picks up old toy which I smile , old-school age memories are brought back. I walk around and stop in front of what I find interesting, it's a toy from late 1980s, one that we hardly see them, I reaches out for it , at the same time Jennie's hand touches it too, we look at each other , old time is back to life .

A girl with round big eyes fidgeted with her fingers, she looked a bit upset, but it wasn't like she would cry, she just felt a bit disappointed, and knew better that it wasn't anyone fault and she was just a step too late, a last piece of a Girl- On -Tricycle toy was taken by a girl before her, she wasn't mad at her though, she could wait until next time. Jennie carefully counted her coins and couple of bank note she especially saved for this and put it back her small coin pouch.

"Do you really want it?" A girl who took a last piece of a toy came back to Jennie who still stood there.

"What?" Jennie asked

This" A skinny girl showed up a toy Jennie wanted it

“I'll get it next time" Jennie said

"You can have it" A girl handed it to Jennie

"What's about you?" Jennie asked

"I think I need something else now" A girl reasoned

"Can I really have it?" Jennie asked again before she took it

Sure" A girl said

“ Thank you" Jennie smiled and took a toy from a girl's hand

"No problem" A girl smiled back, Jennie watched until the girl walked away , she turned around to give a last smile to Jennie

"Here you are" I pick a Girl-On-Tricycle toy and give it to Jennie

"Thank you" Jennie smiles

We walk out of the store hand in hand , with a toy bag , Jennie got what she wanted , but she didn't only get thing for herself , she got me something that I meant to have it when I was a kid, a toy I thought I would get it after I handed that girl a Girl-On-Tricycle, but I never went back to get it, I was overwhelmed by a feeling that 8 years old girl couldn't quite tell, so I forgot about everything else and walked out of the store, the last thing I could remember was a smile .

Things are meant to be, something can be explained while some can't even be put into word. It's about a destiny, in a world where in a swift second, thing could have always turned out differently and it wouldn't have been the way it is. If my original flight wasn't fully booked and I got on it, I wouldn't have been one a same flight as Jennie, and if only Jennie was still stuck in traffic and hadn't decided to get out off the car and ran, she would have missed the flight and she wouldn't get on the seat next to me . Universe holds a miracle power and gravity plays its important role, they work together to draw things that matched and separate what are unmatched, and I was born to wait for her and so was she.

------------------------

"Where are we going next ?" Jennie asks Jisoo

"We are meeting my older sister, she just got in, she didn't make it to my cousin's wedding" Jisoo informs

"Oh?" Jennie looks a bit nervous

"Why, aren’t you comfortable?”

“Erm, I mean, I don’t know”

"She is a bit uptight but don't worry, she will like you” Jisoo assures.

Even though Jisoo assures her, but there is something inside Jennie that feels nervous about this meeting.

As Jisoo and Jennie are waiting for Jisoo's sister at the restaurant, an old man who appears to be walking with a cane , smiles at them on his way out , they bow to him courteously, he mouths something as he is exiting the door.

"Is it me or the man earlier said it's nice to see you again?" Jennie asks Jisoo

"It's a bit creepy but yeah I think I saw him saying that" Jisoo sees it too

"Do you remember seeing him before?" Jennie narrows her eyebrow

"Nope, I don't recall seeing him somewhere before" Jisoo shakes her head

"Me neither" Jennie looks at the exit door

Just then Jisoo's sister is walking in, Jisoo waves at her. Jennie feels cold sweat on her hand.

 

"What's up kid?" Suzy asks Jisoo

"Excellent" Jisoo answers, what else she can say, she is happy.

"How was the flight?" Jisoo asks

"It's tiring" Suzy complains

"Sorry to hear that" Jisoo feels bad that her sister is actually coming here because of her.

"I'll be recovering soon" Suzy says with her normal expression, she looks at the person besides Jisoo

"This is Kim Jennie" Jisoo introduces, "Jennie, this is my sister Bae Suzy"

"It's pleasure to meet" Jennie courteously bows, showing a respect to someone older.

"It's good to see you" Suzy says, not really smiling. Jisoo gets a bit nervous knowing how uptight her sister is, but whatever her sister judges, it won't do anything with her final decision, it won't change a thing.

 

While they are having dinner together, Suzy keeps asking Jennie a lot of things about her life, Jisoo at the same time , learns about Jennie without having to ask. Jennie looks a bit anxious, somehow, she interacts with Suzy with her natural charm, no pretending or acting to impress the older person.

After a casual conversation over dinner, Suzy has to leave, she needs some rest and jetlag is killing her. Jisoo doesn't offer to send her sister off because she has another plan which Suzy doesn't mind it. They bid goodbye and before Suzy leaves she talks to Jennie.

"Let's go shopping together sometimes, I'm not good at fashion, I may need your advice" Suzy sends Jennie a light smile.

"Of course, I'd love to" Jennie responds excitedly

"I'm not good at fashion too , I'll tag along" Jisoo joins.

"Well not you" Suzy says

"What? Why not?" Jisoo frowns

"Sisters-in-law time , alone" Suzy states

"Ah" Jisoo smiles nervously; she exchanges a look with Jennie.

Suzy turns around and gives the warmest smile to Jennie before she disappears behind the door.

“She likes you”

“I’m glad” Jennie smiles, relieved, “ By the way, why do you have the different family name?”

“Oh, about that, we are half-sister”

“I see”

 

Past itself

On her bed, Suji was really sick of her acute illness, she was feeling worse as day went by. Suji took sometimes to think about her lift and the things that she had done and not done while she was healthy. One of which was to spend the time with her little sister.

Suji regretted that all these years, she turned her back to her sister, she didn’t remember how and when they drifted apart, they used to be close when they were kids.

Just then Suji heard a knock on the door, and to her surprise, it was Jennie who came visiting her. Her face was so sad and that made Suzy feel bad.

Jennie brought her soup but she didn’t feel like eating it yet, so she asked Jennie to stay and accompany her. During the visit, the two sisters had a chance to talk about anything, they reminisced their childhood memories and stuff.

When Jennie left, Suji didn’t even get to eat the soup, she felt too tired and closed her eyes, and that was the last time that she had a heartfelt talk with Jennie, her little sister who would forever be her favorite baby sister.

---------------------------------

We just belong together, if not my heart wouldn't feel the way it does now, and our hands wouldn't fit perfectly as though are shaped to lock in one another. I don't have to look out of the window to search for that face I was hoping to see, I don't have to wait any longer.

"How do you say?" Jisoo points at a design which is a shape of sideway eight figure, "Infinite Symbol"

"I love it" I look at the symbol which holds so much meaning

"What if I take an Infinite shape instead of heart design?" Jisoo tentatively asks

"I have no objection " I agree on anything Jisoo says

We are choosing our wedding ring design, and agree on what we want on the ring. As a woman, it would look glamorous with a diamond on wedding ring, but that it's not important to me anymore. Besides, I love the concept of infinite, life comes in full circle .

For me, life is amazing, I can't stop being amazed by how rare and beautiful that we exist. It may sound absurd to say we must have been together in past life to love each at an instance, the first glance and first sight, but whatever we define, it's love and love lasts.

 

"Do you still see that number?" Jisoo asks as we walk on the street

"1111?"

"Yeah"

"No, not really"

I just remember it now Jisoo mentions it. It’s true that I haven't seen much that mysterious number any more after I've met Jisoo.

"Isn't it weird?" I ask Jisoo

"I don't think so" Jisoo says "You've got your answer and you don't need a reminder anymore"

"Did you see them often too?" I ask her.

"It happened not very often when I did , that particular days seemed very frustrating" Jisoo laughs before recalling some stories .

 

11 November 2011

11:11 A.M

" Holy cow! " Jisoo jumped of the bed, it felt as though she just laid her head on the pillow moment ago at midnight, how could it be that she overslept for 11 hours? It must have been some kind of God's prank who stole her time, she ran around brushing her teeth and took off phone charger, she frantically packed and showered as she was extremely late.

Jisoo ran out of the cab to the assembly point where she was supposed to get on university bus there , but she was late , the bus left 11 minutes , Jisoo sighed .

" What do I do?" Jisoo was frustrated, then she thought of getting where her field trip was supposed to be , it was too embarrassing to chase the bus , looking at herself , she even picked up a wrong jacket, mismatched socks, her hair was flying everywhere, she was in mess.

Jisoo decided to go to train station to catch a train, when she got there, she bumped into someone who was in a rush , she didn't even get a chance to see a person she bumped into , because she quickly got up and ran for her train in a different direction

" Hey" Jisoo tried to get the attention of a person who dropped her notebook, but crowd was the only thing she saw. Jisoo , then realized she had a train to catch , she got up and ran too .

It was a boring ride on the train , and a small portable music player Jisoo had , unfortunately ran out of battery, she got nothing to entertain her , she rummaged through her bag and saw a stranger's notebook, she didn't mean to be rude but it was better to check if there might be a name or something on it, in case she could return it to the owner . But she saw no trackable information that could lead to the owner , it was white page notebook without lines which contents were pure scribbles , journals-like, more on describing feeling rather that detailed information, with some quotes, lyrics on and random sketches of objects , Jisoo felt like she had an owner of this notebook sitting next to her empty seat as she went to the book, she learned about one person through her handwriting and the way she thought , and a last sketch made Jisoo's heart skipped it beats , she wasn't imagining thing , but the sketch resembled her a lot , just like someone was watching her and sketched

"Unbelievable" Jisoo said

The last story Jisoo told me makes me frozen, just like she dragged me along on a time machine , that day became vivid in my mind, it revives some forgotten memory on a very unfortunate day that I rushed back home for my grandma's last breathe, I was sad than to remember other thing , it was my saddest day and I could care about anything , not even my missing notebook .

 

I stare at Jisoo's side profile, I feel the hot tear beaming in my eyes turns. Jisoo burrows her brow and look at me, worried.

"Isn't my story funny?" Jisoo wipes away my tear with her thumb, I see her face clearer, her sense of humor just makes me smile though my teary eyes.

"Do you still keep my notebook?" I ask, Jisoo looks confused, so I explain, "I was there that day and I lost my notebook bumping into someone"

Jisoo's jaw drops as soon as she heard what I said

"I would be mad if you threw it away" I tell her, Jisoo is totally speechless, I don’t blame her, it blown my mind away too. The next thing I know Jisoo pulls me into her hug, that is warm as sunlight.

"It’s safe here with me" Jisoo holds me tight

So is my heart, it’s safe in you.

 

-----------------------

 

Rosé and Suzy sheds their tears as they sit there watching Jisoo and Jennie making their way to a just-got-married car , a best friend and a sister who happen to be standing next to each other.

"They look perfect together" Rosé admires

"They are the cutest couple I've ever known" Suzy’s gaze follows where Jisoo and Jennie are going

"My friend has finally found her soul mate"

"So is my sister"

Rosé turns and stares at Jisoo's sister who she met for the first time.

"Do you believe in soulmate?" Rosé asks

"I didn't "Suzy replies. Rosé purses up her lip upon hearing the answer," But now I do" q smile graces up on Suzy’s face, so does Rosé

"So you are Jennie's friend, right ?" Suzy keeps her eyes on Rosé.

"Yes, I'm her best friend and bridesmaid"

“You were the one who got flower?" Suzy asks, noticing the flowers in Rosé hand’s

"Yeah I did" Rosé smiles, proudly

"Mm, do you have any plan after the wedding?" Suzy asks

"Not really" Rosé shrugs off her shoulder

"Do you want to go out and get a drink later tonight?" Upright and straight to the point , Suzy waits for the answer.

"I'd love too" Rosé flashes a smile .

 

Jisoo takes a glance at the most beautiful woman in white sitting next to her while she is driving a convertible with little decoration wording just-got-married . The wind blows on them, her hair is tied up as in bridal style , flowers decorated on her hair just makes she looks like angel .

"Where do we go?" Jisoo asks

"Wherever you are" Jennie answers " I'm happy"

"I'm happy too" Jisoo says

 

The new-wed couple found themselves at the river bank, the car door opens, Jennie is seating on a car seat, while her legs are out touching the ground , Jisoo leans her back at the car next to Jennie .

"What are you thinking?" Jennie asks, Jisoo has been staring at the water for a while

"Thinking about you" Jisoo turns to look at Jennie

" I'm here, why do you keep thinking?" Jennie asks

"You take control over my mind, and there is no room to think about something else" Jisoo confesses

"It's not my fault" Jennie speaks up

"I'm not blaming you" Jisoo moves, she bends over to give Jennie a kiss

"I love you" Jisoo whispers

"I love you too" Jennie seals their lips for an everlasting kiss .

 

Every time they kiss, it always brings them back to a very first kiss , and every time they touch , they know they can't never let go and they never want to miss one another again .

We never know each day we could walk past someone who have been waiting for us , we may miss one another just a distraction of a leaf falling from the tree , a swift turn at the junction , a closing of an elevator or just one decision away to stop by to get a coffee . Sometimes we just pass each other by on parallel line, but if we belong together , the lines will meet at the cross road .

Jisoo and Jennie belong together and they will always find one another no matter what because their souls are made to be one as connected as twin soul.

 

-------------- The End --------------

 

English is not my first language so my apologies for any typo and grammar. Please leave the comment.

Thank you