Chapter 6

Source of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why did she suddenly faint? Is there something wrong with her? Is she unwell??" Taeyeon worriedly ask the doctor in charge as the other nurses wheeled Tiffany into the emergency room.

However, the doctor rest assured Taeyeon that he will do his best to give Tiffany the treatment she needs but believe that whatever it is, it is up to the patient to talk about her health personally since Taeyeon couldn't tell him what's the status of their relationship.

Tiffany turn her head to stare blankly at the ceiling.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened and why it happens"

The firm voice breaks her trance of staring boringly at the ceiling, a disappointed smile appears on her face, she close her eyes again hoping the dizziness would stop.

Taeyeon gets up and leans in to press her lips firmly against Tiffany's forehead, before resting her own forehead against it, her breath tickling Tiffany's nose as she breathes in and out. Tiffany opens her eyes, this time, an appreciative smile appears on her face instead, she jutted her lips and Taeyeon leans in closer to kiss her on the lips.

"Tell me" her voice soft and tender.

It was like a sudden- Out of the blues. Something hits her. And it hits her hard to finally sort and fix the puzzles she didn't want it to fit because it finally explains a lot why- Tiffany didn't want their relationship to be official.

Her world is spiralling down, it breaks her. All these while, she assumed Tiffany is the jerk in their relationship for not wanting to take things seriously, pushing her away when reality it was hard for Tiffany as well. She's the jerk in their story.

I'm such a jerk.

"I-"

Suddenly it makes so much sense why Tiffany insisted that there will be no happy ending for them. 

"Tiff-" 

"Tiffany!" 

Kwanghee push open the door, interrupting both Taeyeon and Tiffany, he quickly look apologetic knowing that he has interrupted them. 

"Sorry" but his face fell seeing Tiffany on the hospital bed. Tiffany shakes her head as if to assure him that she's fine. 

"I'm gonna get some coffee" Taeyeon excuses herself to let the two friends talk and she needs a breather herself too. 

She leave the hospital building to find a bench right outside. With the coffee cup in her hand, she looks up to the dark skies above her. 

"Hello" a voice startled her. 

She turn to see Kwanghee smiling at her, she points him to the vacant seat next to her on the bench. He gladly did as offered. 

"I've... Talked to her" he started out softly but his voice in a serious tone, "She thinks it is only fair for me to tell you fully about it" 

It doesn't take a genius to know that what's coming next, is just going to be bad news. 

Kwanghee sighs, "Third stage" 

Taeyeon close her eyes, she wants to stop him from talking, she don't want to hear it but she knows, avoiding it doesn't means it is not real. 

"Leukimia" he finally managed to bring himself to say it, he hang his head low. 

It was just silence in between them thereafter. 

#

Tiffany look at the window that was hidden behind the curtain not far from her hospital bed, the sound of the door clicks open, she wished it is Taeyeon but how would the latter react knowing that she have not much more time to live, will Taeyeon still be around her? Half assuming it is Kwanghee, but she was taken by surprise when lips were pressed against hers when she turn her head to see who the visitor is. 

"Tae" she said breathlessly in between their kiss. 

"That is why you went to America" said Taeyeon once she breaks their kiss, sitting at the side of the hospital bed with Tiffany's hand in hers. 

Tiffany silently nodded, "We thought the treatment worked but it came back, the tumor appeared and I was suddenly in stage 3, so we, my mum thinks it might be a good idea to see if we can seek for a different treatment in Korea" 

Taeyeon's grip tighten by the news of it. 

"I thought you would've left" she smiles weakly. 

Taeyeon frowns at Tiffany. 

"What do you think of me... Leaving you because of that? I wanted you in the first place remember?" 

Tiffany knowingly nodded, "Is not fair-" 

"Yes. Is not fair for you to make the call on your own!" said Taeyeon.

"If you didn't know... Most people with leukimia doesn't live for more than 5 years...."

It hurts so badly.

Tiffany could see how much it is breaking Taeyeon right now. She wanted to pull her hand off from Taeyeon's grip but it made the latter tighten the grip even more, not allowing her to do so.

But Taeyeon remains silent.

"I don't need pity" she added.

"I'm not staying here out of pity" Taeyeon replies firmly, "I'm staying here for the woman I fell in love with"

Shock and surprise by the statement, Tiffany looks at Taeyeon- speechless.

"I love you 11 years ago. I still will love you 11 years after, no matter what"

"Please don't do this to yourself Taeye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter