The Consequences

Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Based on this song :)

 

-

 

“15 minutes!” The voice resonated throughout the room amidst the obvious busy noises, gathering the attention of everyone inside.

 

It wasnʼt pretty hectic in particular nor was it composed. In fact, they were already on their final touches since about five minutes ago: just triple checking the outfits, their hair and makeup, their mics as well. Thinking about it, 15 minutes is still a lot of time to spare: more time to embrace the growing pressure.. or to find its exact opposite.

 

It has always been one heck of a scene to look at, but they spent enough years in the industry to see it as normal. Though they grew quite accustomed to it, nervousness is still inevitable, and being aware that every event is a new set of audience, they know they have to give their all and perform like itʼs always the first time.

 

As if the voice was his cue, Jungkook slowly distanced himself from his hyungs, inching himself on the corner of the huge room. He stood by the wardrobe before taking a lone chair to mindlessly sit on, eyes all glued to the screen of his phone as his lips formed into a thin line.

 

Trying to dig his mind for every single detail he could remember, his brows were furrowed as he stares at his phoneʼs wallpaper.

 

They sure looked beyond happy.

 

It seemed like there was just the two of them... more as if that wasnʼt really the case in the first place. The world around them suddenly was blurry that certain day yet every vague thought became crystal clear: every doubt erased, all inhibitions gone with the cold air of December.

 

Sure it was a cold day, freezing even, but true enough, he felt warm. 

 

As his eyes lingered on her gentle expression, Jungkookʼs breath started getting calmer, his lips mirroring her small smile as they touched her forehead on the photograph.

 

Then, he slowly felt the same warmth enveloping his chest just thinking of how her arms wrapped themselves around his torso, and sure he can still hear her ragged breath and how it instantly relaxed with the expected contact. His eyes reached her hand which had the Ecuadorian roses he spent a fortune for, and though barely noticeable, he can see how tight her grip on them was with the way her palm turned crimson.

 

Just seeing a glimpse of her face was enough to put his raging nerves to slow down, his heartbeat at ease, but staring at her serene expression sets his mind into an unimaginable stability.

 

Amidst every tension, it had always been his calm. 

 

She has always been his calm.

 

True enough it was just her photograph.. and yet she affects him that much.

 

What more with her presence?

 

Imagine how all his worries would suddenly vanish in all those times he would steal a quick glance in every awards night, or how nothing else would matter to him in every rendezvous.. how he forgets about every misunderstanding with just her grabbing his hand, and how he would instantly feel alright with every embrace.. then disturb the calm in his heart when she stares, and effortlessly start a chaos within once she leans in for a soft kiss.

 

His stare then landed on her closed eyes, remembering how they savored the moment he grabbed her by the waist and pinned her petite body on his. He felt in his chest they way her heart raced, then turned into its normal pace when his hands felt territorial.

 

There was the tingling feeling he missed when his stare caught the lone tear on her stewed-cherry cheek that he can still feel his thumb grazing its warmth to wipe it up.

 

Then, after the photo was taken, she looked up to him with those innocent brown eyes that he almost clutched his chest reliving it, and undoubtedly, he was lured: whirling into those sincere orbs he knew he belong in.

 

Every moment with her felt like they are on their own little world they both made, and the chaotic industry was just their temporary. He knew thereʼs no other place he belonged other than her arms, and he would willingly be lost in her eyes for times he couldnʼt count if thatʼs what her love calls for.

 

Every crevice of her body felt like home.

 

She, herself, was his home.

 

And even up to this day, she surely still is.

 

Three years ago and every day that followed still felt like a dream to him.

 

She was also his rest on a hectic schedule; his sleep after a long day. Sheʼs one if not the best consequence of him choosing the idol life th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter